Jack MacLeod – Another Walter Mitty

| May 11, 2020 | 23 Comments

So this chap Jack MacLeod figured he’d have a go at being a hero of a British parachute regiment. He even tattooed his arms with the appropriate insignia.

The Daily Record reports that things didn’t go so well for ol’ Jack.

He looks every inch the hero in the Parachute Regiment’s famous maroon beret and smart blazer.

Jack MacLeod even had the elite unit’s insignia tattooed on his chest and told how proud he was of his service in the illustrious airborne unit.

But there is just one problem with his breathtaking tales of derring-do – he’s a fantasist who has never been in the Armed Forces.

The Walter Mitty was exposed after he continued to attend reunions and falsely claim to be a veteran of 15 Battalion.

The 61-year-old even travelled to the Netherlands for a special commemoration of the regiment’s history.

But MacLeod, of West Calder, West Lothian, found his lies started to unravel when he failed to produce paperwork that proved his service.

Curious veterans also struggled to find any other evidence he was a former comrade.

When he was outed, he apologized:

“I totally respect you guys and wanted to be one of you. My dad was one of you and I wanted to be like him. I didn’t think I was doing any harm but things went too far and, before I realised, I was in too deep.

“I am totally ashamed of myself and it’s not the type of thing a grown man should do. I can only apologise for my behaviour.

“I have not only disgraced myself but also my family but you have my word this sort of behaviour will never ever happen again. I have truly learned my ­lesson on this.”

MacLeod has shut down his Facebook page, where he also published a picture of real paratroopers, falsely claiming to be part of the same unit.

But some veterans will have none of it saying his bogus claims spanned many years.

For those that don’t know, the British call people that perpetrate Stolen Valor “Walter Mitty”s among other things.

Category: Valor Vultures

1. AW1Ed says:

Thanks, Steve. Hope this is the end of the Valor Thief drought. Two in a day, not bad at all!

2. Combat Historian says:

This dipshit probably claimed he was fighting right alongside LTC Jones when Jones was KIA and earned the VC as the paras retook Goose Green in 1982…

3. Green Thumb says:

Loser.

I wonder how much he has benefited from his bullshit.

4. Sapper3307 says:

I earned my British wings in operation Royale Dragon, him none.

Gee, he didn’t even have a squadron patch to back up his claims. Amateur!

Why don’t any of these guys claim to be Space Shuttle doorgunners or something? No imagination at all.

If you want to play Walter Mitty do it when you
    are all alone and no one else is watching.
    Just like that other thing.

7. Where is his biker vest with all the bling on it

8. FuzeVT says:

The guy who was next to me in OCS showed up with a USMC Devil Dog tattoo. He said his dad (and maybe – it’s been a long time – brother) were Marines so he got it before going to OCS (he was not a prior). About 2 weeks into it, he started to need to go see the chaplain all the time. I understand the need to talk to God’s representative, but doing it all the time is phase 1 of trying to weasel out of a commitment you got yourself into. He was gone by week 4.

I always wonder what stories of derring-do he comes up with. This was in 1999 so he had lots of opportunities to come up with exciting submarine infiltration into central Iraq stories.

Turd…with chips.

10. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Wanker…

The BLOODY WANKER, I bet he blows winos behind bus stops for spare change as well!

12. Dennis - not chevy says:

61 is a little too old for my daddy stories.

I guess the phony British Marine Paratrooper the lying, embellishing POS Jack Macleod tried to go “a claim too far!” And not even doing a very good job as a poser. He had a long time to have done British Marine Paratrooper things over the last 40 years. Welcome to your new found Google Fame, dickbreath.

• Green Thumb says:

That’s why All-Points Logistics brought him in to speak.

Great move for their professional development of young executives.

This clown has been bullshitting folks for 40 + years. A real pro. I mean, these type of turds are rare indeed.

14. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Cocksucker.

15. Wilted Willy says:

What a DICK!!!

16. Hack Stone says:

Hack Stone hopes that his false claims of military valor will not negatively impact his employment at the UK office of All Points Logistics.

The downside of working for All Points Logistics in Great Britain, driving a piece of shit broken down Jaguar is not much of a novelty.

17. jarhead says:

Funny thing about most all of the wannabees. They all walk around with their arms about 45 degrees to the ground as if they were some built-up bad ass. Could not possibly walk around with arms hanging down like a regular dude. Almost as if they were saying, “Look at me, I’m such a broad shouldered hunk that my hands hang at least a foot from my waist.” Those who crap on the graves of those who gave all aren’t much different than people who run over them with cars. It’s a case of indiscreet disrespect.