Weekend Open Thread

| July 30, 2021

So how about those audits? If the Presidential Election were as “honest” and “legitimate” as many leftists insinuate, the Democrats would not be fighting against these audits. Nope, they’d jump at the opportunity to have stronger evidence to support their claims. Enjoy your weekend!

Category: Open thread

1. Hack Stone says:

In the name of Elaine Ricci, Hack Stone claims First Post for The This Ain’t Hell Weekend Open Thread on this date, July 30, 2021, also known as St. Frank Stallone Day, the patron saint of those doomed to live in the shadow of their more successful, but less talented older brother.

In the spirit of St. Frank Stallone Day, Hack Stone wishes that all of you who have lived under the scourge of an older sibling that your Mother held sufficient sway over her children that she made the older children include their siblings in whatever field of work they were in, regardless of level of talent.

And let’s not forget, Phil Monkress of All Points Logistics who self identifies as a US Navy SEAL will be working balls this weekend in various locations throughout Florida. Please consult your local truck stop men’s room stall for day and time near you.

• Hack Stone says:

Hack Stone owes first post pole position to the Red Hat Software provided by the proud but humble woman owned business that sells software to the federal government formerly located in Bethesda Maryland. This one’s for you, Elaine.

• Graybeard says:

Rats o’the Cong t’ya, Hack

• Roh-Dog says:

Hack, congrats.
      Good luck with the rabble. If you’re going to attempt ‘leading’ these DW and DWettes, do yourself a solid.
      Hire a food taster.

• thebesig says:

Direct Submission Idea

I’ve been following Ice Age Now for a long time. Recently, their founder passed away, leaving their site in a similar situation to This Aint Hell when Jonn passed away. However, in our case, we were able to keep posting articles. I posted a suggested to them for doing something similar there to what we did here.

Their admin liked the idea and went further… Provided a way for the readers to directly generate articles on the ideas submission page. It’s a way for guest authors to directly contribute blog posts to the site. Every submission is reviewed for acceptance or non acceptance. If approved, it posts as an article on the blog that others could comment on.

I proposed this to the others via email, thought I’d also see what you guys thought. Here’s the link to what I mentioned above:

• Hack Stone says:

To help you get in the spirit of St. Frank Stallone Day.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I couldn’t help but wonder if that old worn-out Jag I saw on a flatbed tow truck the other day wasn’t a Company Car for that outfit you work for Hack Stone!

• ChipNASA says:

HOly ELVIS/The LOCHNESS Monster/UFOs/Bigfoot lookie at THIS SHIT!!
      YEAH BABY, YEAH HACK STONE RULES!!!
      (Phil Monkress still works fleet quantity number of balls and Jeffery Epstein still didn’t kill himself. Thank You.)
      Also, FUCK YA’ALL!!!
      (I was out playing with guns…well, doing technical stuff, modifications and build training learning stuff, sorry, no PEW PEWs today)
      Happy Friday.
      Chimp

• Fyrfighter says:

“Happy Friday.
        Chimp”

Not sure if that was a Freudian slip, or self reflection, but either way, I laughed!

• ChipNASA says:

It was on purpose. I do that sometimes.
          Just as a goof.
          Chip/Chimp/Crimp/Chipper/Chump/Crump/Crap/Dickweed/Dude/Bitch/Motherfucker/Fucktard. yeah I wear many hats and answer to a lot.

• Green Thumb says:

Great shout to the False Commander “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics) and his ball-working skills of which he uses to rip off the United States government and ultimately the American Taxpayer as he procures government contracts based upon his highly dubious and potentially felonious Native American, Navy SEAL and Law Enforcement claims.

2. Commissioner Wretched says:

First!

3. Slow Joe says:

Fuck this game!

• SFC D says:

Negative, Joe. This game fucks you.

Oh yeah. Present!

• Slow Joe says:

I refreshed this screen for a gazillion times to not avail.

I wasted one hour of my life trying to score. I can keep wailing for another hour about how “unfair” this game is.

Where’s my participation trophy?
      Equal outcome or peaceful protest!

• AW1Ed says:

A happy soldier is a bitching soldier.

• Hack Stone says:

Not everyone has quality internet access. It doesn’t seem fair that same names keep appearing as First Comment for TAH Weekend Open Thread, And finally someone is planning do something about. To address the issue of “Internet Access Privilege”, Congressperson Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, affectionately known around here as the girl with Marty Feldman eyes, is proposing legislation to fundamentally change the way that comments are posted to better reflect the strength of diversity that People Of Color, those being Brown or Black but not Asian for some reason, can bring to this blog. When was the last time that an LBGQTRSVP was granted the title of First Comment? Never! The inherent racism of those who frequent this site needs to be checked, then, and only then, will we will have true diversity of Brown and Black People (but no Asians or Whites).

• Roh-Dog says:

That bag-o-fetid-nuts is a hoot. Saw a meme with her mouth agape and joyously smiling, caption:

“The only waitress in history who brings nothing to the table.”

I do not understand her function. If its to run the Dimorats to the left they could have used a real working class individual. But then again, the Dims have proven they’ll swallow anything… (i just want to type it again) like fetid nuts.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I heard that Congressperson Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez took an IQ Test and it came back Negative.

4. Commissioner Wretched says:

Remove this one, please

5. Commissioner Wretched says:

Since I didn’t make the coveted FIRST, and Hack Stone beat me out by mere tenths of a second, I salute him on his achievement … and leave for all this week’s trivia. Enjoy!

DID YOU KNOW…?
    Did a man survive having an iron rod blasted through his head in 1848?
    By Commissioner Wretched

An old saying states, “May you live in interesting times.” Was it meant as a curse? I’m not sure.

I do know, however, that we’re definitely living in interesting times right now.

So much is happening, and so much information is available about it – not all of it accurate information, mind you, but it’s available.

So perhaps an escape is needed from these “interesting times.” It’s my joy to provide a brief one for you each week, or at the very least another meaning for the saying, right here in this column.

The trivia is interesting, and the time you spend reading it is well spent.

So, enjoy!

Did you know …

… a famous Roman leader was very vain? Julius Caesar (100 BC-44 BC) was very self-conscious about his appearance, especially his receding hairline. (So am I, Julie baby, so am I.)

… a prop in a movie almost started a war? During the filming of “Star Wars: A New Hope” in Tunisia in 1976, director George Lucas (born 1944) was asked to move the Jawa Sandcrawler vehicle prop away from the Tunisia-Libya border, where the scenes involving it were being filmed. Libya had reportedly threatened military action against Tunisia, thinking the huge prop was a real military vehicle. (I guess the “force” was with them – military force, anyway.)

… a robot was created for the specific purpose of punching a human in the arm? The idea was to test pain thresholds in people so that future robots can comply with the First Law of Robotics, which says in part, “A robot cannot harm a human being.” The Laws of Robotics were created by science fiction author Isaac Asimov (1920-1992). (These folks have never seen “The Terminator” movies, have they?)

… in Kentucky, a woman cannot marry the same man four times? (You’d think she would learn after the third time ‘round, wouldn’t you?)

… the Arabic word for “wedding ring” has more than one meaning? The term, which is pronounced “khatam alzawaj,” also means “prison” and “trap.” (Draw your own conclusions, friends.)

… a man survived having an iron rod blasted through his skull? Phineas Gage (1823-1860) was working on railroad construction in 1848, part of a crew blasting a tunnel through a Vermont mountain. Gage was tamping the blasting powder into a hole with an iron rod when the rod struck a rock and touched off a spark, and the powder blew the rod through Gage’s head. The rod entered under his left cheek and exited from the top right side of his head. With a three-foot iron tamping rod sticking out of the left side of his face and the top of his head, Gage was able to walk to an oxcart and ride into town. A doctor performed the delicate job of withdrawing the rod from his head and treating the ghastly wound. Incredibly, Gage made an almost complete recovery from the injury and lived another twelve years, with the only permanent effect being the loss of vision in his left eye.

… a President once asked the Secret Service to help find his cat? Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933), 30th President, asked the Secret Service to broadcast a radio message to help find his missing cat. The broadcast worked, too – Coolidge’s cat Tiger was located and returned to the White House. (Which, of course, makes Coolidge the “cat’s meow.”)

… the difference between a Broadway show and an Off-Broadway show has nothing to do with the actual New York street named Broadway? The designations refer to seating capacity of the theater. A theater with 500 or more seats is considered Broadway. If the theater has between 100 and 499 seats, it’s Off-Broadway. And the little places with 99 seats or less? They’re designated Off-Off-Broadway. (I did a show once where the dressing room was so small the mice had to hunch over.)

… about half of the apartments in Los Angeles do not come with a refrigerator? It’s legal there, because under California law, refrigerators are considered an “amenity” rather than a necessary appliance. Landlords are thus not required to provide one. (That one really leaves me cold.)

… George Washington was an active spelunker? Get your minds out of the gutter – I mean that our first president (1732-1799) loved to explore caves. (Why, what did you think it meant?)

… only ten of the original 13 states participated in the first presidential election? The 1789 election saw George Washington (1732-1799) unanimously chosen as Chief Executive. But three states did not participate: New York had not chosen any electors, and North Carolina and Rhode Island couldn’t participate because they had not yet ratified the Constitution.

… a term exists for new words made by combining two other words? Such a word – for example, breakfast and lunch making “brunch” or motor and hotel making “motel” – is called a portmanteau. (Well, it has to be called something, doesn’t it?)

… ancient Greeks had a very strange belief about redheads? According to some scholars, the ancient Greeks thought that after a person with red hair died, they would transform into a vampire. (You mean they don’t?)

… the air that takes up so much of a potato chip bag is there for a purpose? The air preserves the flavor and crispness of the chips. And it’s not oxygen, it’s nitrogen. Oxygen will quickly turn the chips rancid. (So, it isn’t just hot air!)

Now … you know!

• Slow Joe says:

I thought a Motel was a hotel no more than two storey high….

• Slow Joe says:

I thought exploring caves in military parlance meant…you know, diving in, as in jumping into/between a lady’s legs.

• Only Army Mom says:

Slight correction, Oh Wizard of Wonder –

Phineas Gage is well known to every student of psychology. Because of him, our research and understandings of personality, memory, impulse control and emotion were hugely impacted, where before they paled in comparison. I mean, there were huge holes in our theories that were for the first time proven to be filled with more than air.

The oft over-looked long-term effect were to change Phineas from a generally mild mannered, good natured soul into someone prone to fits of rage and an explosive temper. As he aged, these changes in personality became more pronounced and in essence became his new baseline personality.

• Only Army Mom says:

…and one other minor quibble. Ancient Greeks had it wrong, we don’t turn into vampires. We have no soul while living, hence why we suck the soul out of others while living.

• Roh-Dog says:

I’ve dated red heads. This checks out. -pulls a large slug from the whiskey with a dead behind the eye stare-

• Only Army Mom says:

-grabs bottle, downs a double slug and hands it back with a smile that questions his manhood and answers why he’s drinking to begin with –

That is how a redhead does it.

• Roh-Dog says:

Not helping the stigma associated with your phenotype. Devils all.

• KoB says:

And you sometimes wonder why we love you OAM. I ain’t skeered! Bring it!

Finished my escort duty to the little big town and made a provision run to the K Roger. Yard bird mammary glands for .88 a #, a deal on fur baby treats, and some misc pieces and parts. Friday is not my preferred day for any of that shopping or going to the little big town, but the Southern DNA will not allow any Lady Friend to make that journey without somebody to ride shotgun.

98F with a heat index of 105. Pass me over that thar jug. This is what I would prefer to be doing.

• Hatchet says:

My Mom was a red head and yeah..that was pretty much her attitude – ‘That’s how a red head does it’.

• Thunderstixx says:

I am deathly allergic to Lady Redheads, Strawberry Blondes or any other female with the slightest bit of red in her personality/physical makeup.
              That doesn’t mean I don’t like them, quite the opposite.
              I simply turn into an idiot whenever I get involved with one…
              I lose all my money, I chase them all over Hell’s Half Acre, I can’t sleep for days on end and end up dead broke, in tears and wondering just how I actually thought, “This time, it will be different”…..
              Einstein defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”…..
              The Redheads, are one Hell of a ride though !!!

• Roh-Dog says:

I went cold turkey awhile back and have considered hypnosis.
                Not sure if there a 12 step program for the affliction, you sound like the guy to start one!
                “Hello, my name is Roh-Dog, I’m a recovering Redoholic and a friend of Stixx”.

• Commissioner Wretched says:

I dated a redhead once.

Once.

🙂

• Commissioner Wretched says:

I did know that about Gage … but the story about his surviving the wound was the prime focus of the piece, and (weasel words alert) I did say he made an “almost complete” recovery. The personality change he went through was gradual and over time, but I was speaking primarily of his physical recovery.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

(Seriously, good call, OAM … the real reason I didn’t include Gage’s personality change was simply column space.)

• Roh-Dog says:

And the combining of two tasteies is a manage à teau.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

It’s been said that in Egypt when a man decides to divorce his wife, he only has to say the words “I divorce you” three times.

That is straight up Sharia Law in Muzzieland.

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

No surprise to me, the Wife is also considered to be the property of the Husband in that Godforsaken part of the world!

The husband has to walk out into public and recite the phrase three times for it to have full effect. Not so easy for the wife to get a divorce.

6. Graybeard says:

4th

• Graybeard says:

Sorta back in action.
      Last week AT&T’s internet “service” was out for 6, 7 days straight in the GB AO, while they waited for a part.
      Just learned that Navy nephew is on terminal leave, FIRST time I’ve gotten to see him in ages. He and Navy brother are in the GB AO, getting to spend some time in the Promised Land.
      Sadly, #1 son’s boys have got the Chinese virus. They’re staying home and away from Grandma & Grandpa GB (and every one else).
      Y’all have a great weekend.
      (Tried to send something like this from my hand-held AT&T device… never worked. Pffffttt)

7. Mustang Major says:

Not even close to first, but…. This weekend marks my thirtieth anniversary of retiring from the army. I just followed my dad’s advice of “do twenty and get the hell out.”

• Claw says:

We’re fairly close together. My thirtieth anniversary of retiring from the Army comes with close of business on 31 December of this year.

Just went down to Pocatello day before yesterday to the National Guard FA Brigade Headquarters and got Mrs. Claw her forever INDEF/no expiration date status family member ID card. So now we’re both good to go with forever cards.

• Claw says:

Oh, and as an added bonus to that 30th anniversary mark is that Big Army will stop the $16.30 a month deduction for the basic SBP (Survivor Benefit Plan).

So, Wahoo, a double pay raise starting next year.

8. Slow Joe says:

Can we have a thread comparing stolen valor to those UFO speculators?

The reasons for lying seem the same.

The differences I have noticed is that some people get suckered into the UFO phenomena with good intentions, in many cases after seeing some lights in the sky they cannot explain, but that can be easily explained after researching a little bit about things like camera effects, ball lightning, etc.

The other difference is that with stolen valor we can always get the service records of fakers and prove beyond a doubt they are fakers, but with UFO the charlatans run free and people take them at face value, since there is no way to verify their claims.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

To me, it’s just more fun to give them shit, I like saying that MAYBE they DID get abducted and got anal probed to the point where they suffered brain damage. NO SHIT, one such character i said that to suddenly went into a lengthy explanation of how the supposed space aliens don’t do anal probes and how they probe through the bellybutton, they’re sometimes an interesting cult to look at just to satisfy curiosity, and if we’re wrong then oh well, I guess we’ll just end up being Space Janitors at some cyber-brothel on Bofrom 6!

On the slate of tasks at Patrol Base Miller Lite:
    -Putting another 35# of rice in mylar with O2 grabber, and 5 gal bucket
    -upping coffee stores for additional 6 months (Brazil got hammered by a frost and the solar activity is playing hell with weather patterns. Hey Californistan, got water?)
    -harvest all remaining po’tates, planting fall crop in their place
    -fishing
    -beer
    -reading Federalist 68: The Mode of Electing the President (Hamilton)
    Last, but not least
    -giving the middle finger to the man

Have a GREAT WEEKEND Y’ALL!!!

10. thebesig says:

International Olympic Committee praising transgender “woman” athlete as if “she” was overcoming odds with all the real women that this individual was competing against:

• Fyrfighter says:

And when “she” blows away the rest of the field, I’m sure the praise will increase.. meanwhile, all the actual women in the “competition” will get screwed over…

• Mason says:

Caitlyn Jenner should have tried out for the this year’s decathlon. Even at his age I think he could beat the women’s field. So brave. #NotAllWomenHaveTesticles

• Mason says:

“Everyone agrees that trans women are women,” said IOC medical and science director Dr. Richard Budgett.

Seems an odd statement coming from someone who is the “Medical and Science Director”. There’s at least three things wrong with his seven word sentence.

Thirty-sump’n and Honorary First once again.

((((OVER))))

12. Sparks says:

40ith

13. ninja says:

UPDATE To The Story:

“Sailor Charged with Arson in Bonhomme Richard Fire Claims Innocence, Lawyer Says”

“A junior sailor charged with arson in connection with the fire aboard the Bonhomme Richard last summer insists that he’s innocent and is currently out of jail ahead of a trial, his attorney told Military.com.”

“On Thursday, the Navy announced that it had charged a sailor in connection with the conflagration that began July 12, 2020, in the ship’s “Deep V” lower cargo hold. The blaze lasted for four days and burned at more than 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit. The incident is considered the Navy’s worst U.S. warship fire outside of combat in recent history.”

“Although the Navy has not publicly named the sailor, Cmdr. Sean Robertson, spokesman for the Navy’s Third Fleet based in San Diego, told Military.com on Friday that the male sailor, an E-2, is facing charges under Article 110, wrongful hazarding of a vessel, and Article 126, aggravated arson, of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.”

“Gary Barthel, the defense attorney for the accused sailor, said that his “client is adamant that he’s not guilty of anything that he’s been charged with.”

“He maintains his innocence,” he added.”

“The sailor is not currently locked in the brig, the attorney said.”

“He’s currently performing his duties on a daily basis,” Barthel said, explaining that the accused arsonist is on shore duty, stationed with an amphibious squadron command in San Diego.”

“To my knowledge, there’s no reason and there’s no intent on putting him back in the brig,” Barthel said.”

“Robertson said that, while a timeline for any trial is not yet available, a preliminary hearing is the next step.”

“Right now, we are in a position where the charges have been preferred. It means … he’s been charged,” Robertson explained.”

“The accused sailor spoke with investigators shortly after the fire and was confined to the Marine Corps Station Miramar brig for several months late last year before being released, Barthel said.”

“Neither the Navy nor Barthel would release the name of the sailor. Roberston said the government will identify the man if the charges are referred to court-martial. Barthel said that he didn’t “want to bring any more anxiety to him than what he’s already going through.”

• Hatchet says:

Whoa… Truly sux to be that Sailor. Poor bugger, bet you could fry an egg on forehead 👀

Of f king course they drop this crap on friday afternoon!

In addition to that great headline, “A CDC document that was reviewed by CNBC warned that the delta variant sweeping across the country is as contagious as chickenpox, has a longer transmission window than the original Covid strain and may make older people sicker, even if they’ve been fully vaccinated.”

When are we all going to admit to each other, this whole thing, cases, tests, the Genetic Code Injections, shutdowns, lockdowns, mask-ups are 100% bunk, jusck, flimflam BULLSHIT!

Natural immunity or bust!

• Roh-Dog says:

jusck=junk

I swear i typed it correctly. Otto cormorant has bean act ting strange lee…

The point stands, the shot is shit. I major concern is they’ll make an even bigger push for this GCI with very limited efficacy.

• SFC D says:

That report minimized the fact that out of that 74%, 4 people were hospitalized, total deaths were…zero.

• Roh-Dog says:

Right! And this is Barnstable County, aka Cape Cod. The Cape’s population increases 8 fold during the summer (I believe? That stat is from my Certified Public Accountant father, the depository of all useless information under the sun), so a situation where people from all over are going to a location not designed to hold them,i.e.reduction in personal distancing.

I went to Sagamore 2 weeks ago, no masks (maybe a few, def not mandatory), no temp checks, distance controls. It was kinda nice.

The income levels on the Cape tend to be higher than average. I wonder if theres a data set to have between income and serious infection rates. People with higher incomes tend to; smoke less, have access to better heath care, eat better, lower rates of obesity, less stress…

Also, there is no real hospitals on Cape, only clinics. Maybe its the hospitals that are causing the serous cases/deaths?

(half kidding, post hoc, ergo propter hoc)

15. Devtun says:

Sleepy Creepy Joe say ‘my butt’s been wiped’? Nah, Joey never says off the wall shit.

16. ninja says:

“MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell — Tucker Carlson’s Biggest Sponsor — Says He’s Pulling Ads From Fox News Because It Won’t Air His Commercial About An Election-Fraud Symposium”

“MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, one of Fox News’ biggest sponsors, says he is pulling his ads “immediately and indefinitely” from the network.”

“In an interview with Brannon Howse of Worldview Weekend TV on Thursday, Lindell said he made the decision because Fox News refused to run a commercial for a symposium he said would prove his voter-fraud claims involving the 2020 election.”

“Lindell said his commercial would not have mentioned his claims of voter fraud, The Wall Street Journal reported.”

“His withdrawal from Fox News would be a blow to the network, which counted MyPillow as one of its biggest commercial sponsors.”

“It’s unfortunate Mr. Lindell has chosen to pause his commercial time on Fox News given the level of success he’s experienced in building his brand through advertising on the number-one cable-news network,” the network said in a statement to The Journal.”

“Lindell said his company spent almost $50 million on Fox News ads last year and dished out $19 million for spots this year, per The Journal.”

“MyPillow has also been the Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s biggest advertiser after several sponsors, including IHOP and Voya Financial, dropped spots from his show “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in 2018.”

“Shame on you, Fox! Go to Frankspeech.com,” Lindell wrote on his Facebook page on Friday, with a link to the Journal report.”

• AW1Ed says:

If there is a bright spot in the entire election debacle, it’s ending Lindell’s My Pillow ads.

I’m tired of the ads, as well; but his pillows are the best pillows I have ever slept on. I won’t take a road trip without one. I never have to experience another motel pillow again.

17. ninja says:

“White House Walks Back Previous Statement On Possibility Of New COVID Lockdowns”

“White House official pointed Fox News to a pair of tweets by Jean-Pierre on Thursday evening claiming the administration is actually not considering lockdowns — even though it said lockdowns remained on the table during the daily briefing earlier in the day.”

“To be clear, here is what [President Biden] said this week: ‘more vaccinations and mask wearing in the areas most impacted by the Delta variant will enable us to avoid the kind of lockdowns, shutdowns, school closures, and disruptions we faced in 2020….We are not going back to that,’” Jean-Pierre wrote on Twitter.”

“We will not be going back into lockdowns. Why? Because we now have the tools to put this virus behind us,” she continued. “The science says the vaccines work – including against the Delta variant. We urge Americans to get vaccinated.”

• Roh-Dog says:

“The science says the vaccines work – including against the Delta variant.”*

*accept in Barnstable County MA or if you’re elderly, or young, have hemoglobin, your middle name has a vowel….

My state is recommending (maybe mandating) masks again. The Daily Test Positivity rate is <3%, or 3% of nothing as there is 116 "Patients Currently Hospitalized with COVID-19".

DONE, JOE!

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

THE SAME people who tell us that masks work are the same ones who screech that Epstein actually killed himself.

• Roh-Dog says:

““We’re in this together”, unless you refuse to do what we tell you to do, without any proof that our mandates work” —The Leftists

Jeffie is alive, staying in Big Mike and Barry’s Indonesia bathhouse-turned-home. Prove me wrong.

18. thebesig says:

Remember when Democrats were saying that they were not going to take the vaccine? Some of the same ones insisting that people take the vaccines? Here’s Nancy Pelosi when she said that the government can’t mandate vaccinations:

“We cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That’s just not what we can do,” Pelosi said of implementing a mandate for lawmakers to get vaccinated.

At the time, while about 75 percent of members had been vaccinated, Pelosi said she cannot force the 25 percent who have not opted to get the vaccine to do so.

She then cited privacy concerns, the same concerns that some of her Democratic colleagues are now dismissing. “It is a matter of privacy to know who is or who isn’t,” said Pelosi during a press conference in late April.

19. thebesig says:

The Postal Workers Union endorsed Biden during the 2020 elections. They were not keen on Donald Trump’s idea of increasing the privatization of the USPS. Here they are opposing vaccine mandates.

20. David says:

FIRST!! place I stopped after coming in from reassembling the MG. En route to Amazon… cigarette lighter is missing element and I’m gonna either buy the one that says EJECT or the one that says FIRE MISSILES. Old guys can act juvenile, too.

21. Eggs says:

DWs have a great weekend!!

RIP Dusty Hill.

22. thebesig says:

“If Biden’s team was 100 percent confident they won the election fair and square, then they should feel there is nothing to hide. Audits confirming his certified totals would certainly solidify his administration and simultaneously deal an embarrassing defeat to election skeptics.” – Retired General Flynn

Historic trends that indicate that Biden lost:

23. thebesig says:

The Democratic-led House of Representatives passed a spending bill on Thursday that would eliminate a 45-year-old stipulation included in spending packages that prohibits taxpayer money from funding abortions. The bill passed with a 219-208 vote.

• Roh-Dog says:

They’re aborting American kids of American parents in non-declared war zones, so from a philosophical stand point…….

It’s way past time to [redacted, but something about turpentine and a cream cheese spreader]

Heinous.

24. The Stranger says:

Posted this on the student loan thread by mistake:

By the way, this may have gotten lost in the shuffle last week, but a certain individual who was previously featured on this blog is getting attention:

Here’s the original post from back in 2016:

Apparently, she’s parlayed her story into a trusteeship at a school that caters to military and veterans.

25. thebesig says:

Democrats fail to get eviction moratorium extended

“At the same time, landlords have been crushed by the moratorium; though many are no longer collecting rent, they’re still on the hook for taxes, maintenance expenses and other bills. On average, tenants owe about $3,000 in unpaid rent to landlords.

The impending problems have been confounded by difficulty in distributing the $46 billion in federal aid to renters and landlords that Congress approved between December and March. Over the course of the first half of the year, officials doled out just $3 billion — roughly 6.6% of the $46 billion program intended to keep millions of renters in their homes. In total, the program has provided relief to a fraction of the 1.2 million households that have reported being “very likely to face eviction in the next two months,” the Treasury Department said last week.”

26. thebesig says:

Could it be possible that Mayor Muriel Bowser set the mask mandate for the city the day after a planned party, rather than sooner? She was caught partying without a mask hours before her mask order went into effect:

• Fyrfighter says:

Not possible, but probable, bordering on incontrovertible.. like all demonrats, she’s corrupt and racist as hell!

27. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

🦠I think that my phone might have picked up a virus 🦠, this damned thing 🦠 appeared in the margin while I was commenting about the China virus 🦠 and *PIF!*, 🦠 there it was🦠! Should I have had my 🦠phone🦠 electronically vaccinated 🦠 before this 🦠happened 🦠? 🦠🦠🦠, Aww shit, I think my phone just sneezed!🦠

28. Hack Stone says:

Just wondering how many of these Marine Security Augmentees are of the LBGQT variety? President Biden says that they are just as patriotic and capable as those who have no problem identifying their gender, time for them to earn their pay.

29. MarineDad61 says:

Update on ELKO, NEVADA.
    On that notorious Ass’s page on the Book of Fake…
    (paste)
    Elko POW*MIA Awareness Association
    July 28 at 5:59pm

UPDATE!!!! The meeting on Friday has been canceled.
    We will have a BBQ
    for association members on 8/7 at the City Park @ 4:00 pm.
    Please contact Ken or Laura with what you will bringing.
    Don’t forget chairs. We will see you all then.
    (end paste)

PUNCH LINE – (Only) 1 Like click (in 3 days, 4 hours).