Surprise, Surprise!

| May 15, 2020

Well, I did wonder when or if it would ever happen that a dimwit elected to the US Congress could get shown the door so quickly, but – well, it is going to happen.

It appears that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortes, a/k/a AOC, and best known for her play-acting skills, e.g., weeping for the camera at a fence when she’s barely 3 feet from an open gate at a Texas border station, has been tossed aside and replaced by someone else for the November elections.

New York Post:

Queens Supreme Court Judge Phillip Hom ordered the Board of Elections to remove the congresswoman, who goes by her initials AOC on social media, from the WFP line after hearing a legal challenge filed by her Democratic Party primary opponent, Michelle Caruso-Cabrera.

Hom said a review of the WFP’s petition filed for AOC found that it “contained less than the required number of signatures of enrolled party members necessary for party designation.”

Granted, the elections don’t come up until November, but there isn’t a whole lot of time between now and then to find another spot to get those signatures.  Is it too soon for her to write her memoirs?

I do wish her well in finding another job. Life is tough, isn’t it?

Category: "The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves", 2020 Election

1. ChipNASA says:

I’m torn between wanting her to stay and wanting her to go.
    1. We need the comic relief because she at least provides that
    2. Her replacement couldn’t be worse could they?
    3. TRUMP 2020

• Duane says:

I’m always hesitant to say that they couldn’t find anyone worse – they seem to take it as a challenge just to prove how low or stupid they can actually get!

• Hack Stone says:

Maybe the spotlight will once again focus on Georgia’s 4th Congressional District, the esteemed Henry Calvin Johnson, Jr. Since AOC came along, America has been deprived of the genius of Hank Johnson, who single handedly brought to America’s attention the threat of island tipping.

2. penguinman000 says:

While I detest the holier than thou ignoramus who epitomizes the concept of being educated but stupid that is AOC, if this isn’t a clear sign the 2 entrenched parties want nothing to do with people who don’t tow the party line, I don’t know what is.

The Dems were watching and aren’t going to allow someone to come in and kick over their apple cart like Trump did to the Repubs.

It’s almost like the politically incestuous bastards running the party don’t want anyone else sitting at the table they can’t control. Not that I’ll shed a tear for her being shown the door.

Now she’ll have more time for IDC SARC. And to hone her barista skillz. Maybe he’ll teach her how to make a sammich…or things?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I truly wish for IDC SARC to have his way with AOC which includes a heavy-duty grudge-fuck where he spooges in her face, draws pictures in it and then makes her sleep in the wet spot before he sneaks out while she’s still asleep!

4. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Someone is gonna be all butthurt over this…

5. Blaster says:

Maybe she’ll “pull herself up by the boot straps”!

Bye Felicia!!!

6. Combat Historian says:

Hope she now primarys chuckie schlumer for the Blue York senate seat and create unprecedented blue on blue demonrat bloodletting. Let the intramural gladiatorial combat begin…

7. Commissar says:

Yes, it is too son to write her memoirs because losing that ballot line will have zero statistical impact in her election chances.

She is still the heavy favorite.

I am not sure why this matters, other than a party that almost nobody pays much attention to failed deliver the proper number of signatures for her to get that tag line.

• SFC D says:

It matters because our enjoyment of her hypocritical stupidity exceeds our enjoyment of yours. You still get a participation trophy though.

• jarhead says:

Good analogy SFC D. Now that I have my box of crayons full again, how ’bout I paint a combat “V” on his trophy? All his blithering is just meant to create an opposing force to common sense and reality.

8. Commissar says:

Meanwhile, while Ex is chasing the news equivalent of squirrels…

We are approaching 100k deaths by the end of the month. And we are in the beginning of this with another year to go.

Of course we could just use Trump’s moronic strategy. Stop testing. If we stop testing we stop having new cases.

• Retired Grunt says:

Dude!!!! Not one single person on this thread believes that this virus is not a bad thing. Every single death is bad we just lost a Medal of Honor recipient on Wednesday. However, I believe that a majority of the people who post here believe that our rights do not end where your fear begins. We could not be the nation we are if such a thing were to be true. You can say I’m brainwashed I don’t care matter of fact I actually applaud the administrator’s decisions not to ban fri comment. Our democracy can not exist or Republic could not exist without challenging each other’s thoughts and ideas. The vast majority of this country needs to feed itself because the vast majority of this country has no savings they can’t live for months on end in a vacuum. They are not the elites they are the people and they’re willing to take that risk and in nanny state should not exist to tell them they can’t. I am certainly not going to violate the rights of any individual to stay inside their home if they are still afraid matter of fact I will help deliver them food or help them in any way I can.

Bullshit, only brainless Progs like you believe the fake numbers that include everyone who died from any cause but happened to have been diagnosed with the virus. Any hospital that says a dead patient died of the virus gets $39K in federal tax dollars.

A long time friend and Compatriot of mine died Saturday was a week ago. Jim had been fighting stomach cancer for nearly 2 years. His Family was with him til the very end. The doctor listed the cause of death as stomach cancer. When the Family went to get the official Death Certificate from the Hospital it listed the cause of death as COVID 19. This was down in the Albany area of Georgia where the death rate is higher than the Atlanta area. This is the third case from that area that I am personally familiar with the people involved and have seen the paperwork. All 3 were handled the same and all 3 were thru the same hospital complex.

Yes this is a nasty bug; yes it is killing some people; No it is not the end of the world, and it is damn sure not worth destroying the Country and the economy. Connect the dots and follow the money. This has become control of the people more than control of the spread of the virus.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I truly believe that the COVID 19 virus that originated in COMMUNIST CHINA has been hijacked by the political left in an attempted power grab.

• A Terminal Lance Coolie says:

I’m with you on this.

Washington state just confirmed two cases of COVID in December. Ohio confirmed 6 cases in January about a week ago. And Sweden found a case from November.

If this thing has been around that long, how the hell is this quarantine doing anything? A huge number of people have already been infected.

That can only mean this thing is being overblown by the media and whoever has their hand up their ass working their mouths…

• MCPO USN says:

5th,

Thank you for your story. I can agree. Had a case here where a 91 year old woman fell and hit her head. Was in a coma and then died. Cause of death listed? COVID-19 so the hospital could get the money. Nurse working there told me about it. She is disgusted at the fraudulent causes of death to get the federal money.

This CHINESE virus (2020 flu) is being manipulated heavily. It is a shame the American people are being scared into giving up their rights.

• Retired Grunt says:

OK,

I have not actually seen anything about 39000 for each covid….but Please let’s just say I’m from Missouri and you must show me I’m going to need some type of link to a verifiable source I cannot that’s not true I can believe that some people are that corrupt I just don’t want to believe they are.

• Retired Grunt says:

Sorry for your loss…

• Hondo says:

You might suggest they contact the local US Attorney’s office, 5/77. To this layman, that would appear to qualify as fraud – at the five-figure level per case, and 3x makes it a 6-figure case. A US Attorney just might be interested at that aggregate amount of fraud against Uncle Sam.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Well, I do have to say this: Lars, you are nothing but a dimwitted lying SOB.

Here are the most recent statistics on CV19:
      Total number of U.S. coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and deaths as of May 14, 2020

Published by John Elflein, May 15, 2020

As of May 14, 2020, the number of both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of the COVID-19 disease reported in the United States had reached 1,384,930 with 83,947 deaths reported among these cases.

That’s rather a long way from 100,000 dead, even though you wish me and my generation dead as doormice, you obnoxious twaddle-spouting loser. Happy to burst your bubble.

• SFC D says:

Have you reached your desired level of deceased boomers?

• Ex-PH2 says:

No, he wants all “boomers” dead.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

He’ll never be happy until all boomers are gone. He wants all of that FREE SHIT he thinks he’s entitled to

Don’t forget he is a Major-Comissar in the Free Shit Army.

• Hondo says:

I thought his official title was “Grand Political Commissar of Great Magnificent People’s Socialist Republic FSA”.

Yeah, that’s a Borat reference. (smile)

• penguinman000 says:

How did this turn into a COVID discussion? Any who….

What’s your strategy? Continue to keep everything shut down? You do realize that increases in poverty and unemployment directly relate to increased mortality from all sorts of causes right? Not to mention continuing large scale shutdowns of the world economy are going to do exactly zero to rid the world of this disease.

I must admit I don’t follow the news much anymore but when did Trump advocate for not testing? I may have missed something but the comments I’m familiar with on that topic were in the context of criticizing other nations (such as China) for falsifying/manipulating data.

There’s lots to criticize the POTUS about without taking things out of context. Taking things out of context is intellectually shallow/lazy. It may get you a job at CNN or MSNBC but it isn’t going to gain you any traction with sane folks who live in the real world.

To paraphrase Shaprio from some time ago, turn the emotion down to 1 and the fact check up to 11.

• Retired Grunt says:

Right now everybody’s feelings are very razzled…. So just about anything turns into a COVID discussion….. I was solely responding to commissars comment, MY BAD, My fault…. sorry..

• penguinman000 says:

Was trying to reply to Lars, wasn’t intended for you. I think I’ve had one beers to many…

• Ex-PH2 says:

Take a chill pill, both of you. Lars a/k/a Commissar changed the subject, which he had no right to do. The WOT is where open discussions on any subject are to take place. In trying to control the direction of this column, all he’s done is let everyone know what a mannerless, self-centered jerk he is.

• Retired Grunt says:

Don’t be mad at me EX…. It was the other guy, from the second grassy knoll. Lol. We’re all a little too guilty of Maybe be drinking a little much…. To be honest with all of you I’m supposed to be in Thailand right now, Enjoying the annual water festival and not worried about what the heck is going on here I thought I earn my retirement unfortunately my mother may have been right.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yeah, retirement is possibly going to turn into something we didn’t expect it to be.

Despair not, Grunt (Ret). There is plenty of time ahead.

• Retired Grunt says:

God, I pray not, I REALLY do not want to fight. I won’t shy away either…. 3 wars 5 combat tours…. I thought I earned a beach with some amazing human being with amazing stories about the histories of their countries I could explore bringing me Pina Colladas…. God I love history and I really don’t want my name written in it… Best I pass and be forgotten to the real heroes.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

There are plenty of ways to put sand in the gears of the Proggies. This ensures we don’t wind up in something resembling a cheesy 80’s “post ruin” flick.

Their inability to handle ridicule and scorn is exploitable. Exposing their underhanded crap, while lampooning their inept mistakes, for example.

• Hondo says:

Taking things out of context is intellectually shallow/lazy.

Hey, remember: you’re talking about our resident deity Koalemos (AKA Commissar AKA Poodle AKA Seagull AKA Cthulhu). Show appropriate respect!

Then again, I see you’ve also described him perfectly. So I guess you did show proper respect.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Oh, yeah – since you are trying to control the conversation by changing the subject, which you have no right to do, you are rapidly losing your place in line.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

And if we have death certificate with the wrong cause of death listed, we’re cooking the books, right?

Or if we send Granny, Gramps or someone for long term care in a assisted living location with COVID patients/staff, we can kill off more Boomers and that will free up cash for the Free Shit Army?

• Lobogris says:

How many people died from the Flu in 2019?

• OldManchu says:

Why you always bring up Trump bro?

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

He is helping with the re-election of Trump by serving as a lampoon of the Left.

That this is unintentional is just added humor value.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

If Gov goofball hadn’t pushed covid patients into nursing homes, there would be thousands -less- deaths.

Oh wait! Several proggies did that.

Of course we have no idea how many folks died of that, because the ones evaced to hospitals were removed from the “died of Cuomo’s stupid” count.

And then folks outside the senior centers get counted when they die of anything and coincidently have a positive test.

And wrecking the economy intentionally, to boot.

Your side is the one screwing everything up.

-you-

• Mason says:

I can’t for the life of me understand that decision. At all. The whole point of a quarantine is to keep the sick people away from the healthy. This is especially baffling when the disease particularly tagets the elderly. It’s almost like they wanted more people to die.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Malevolence or insanity.

No possibility it was ignorance. None. The impact on seniors was well understood.

Thousands died of those decisions. Possibly tens of thousands.

Grand Jury time.

• ArmyATC says:

You’re still celebrating, I see.

• ArmyATC says:

Oh, yeah. Way to stay on topic, dumbass.

9. Retired Grunt says:

I sincerely hope that mayor DE blasio and governor Comou reopened the state soon enough for her to get her waitressing job back. She might need it.

10. Retired Grunt says:

I would like to apologize for speaking preemptively about all of the members who post on these threads I don’t know if all of you actually believe the virus is not a bad thing.

11. Retired Grunt says:

Anyway, open response to Alexandria Ocasio Cortez I hope that you are elected out of office I really do because I think you’re just too far left for the United States right now I’m not saying there won’t be a point in the future that all of humanity has to work toward that I’m just saying it’s not now. When you are out of office I hope you’re able to find a decent paying job maybe you can be an Instagram influencer a mean you’re not a bad looking person. I think you came into office with high hopes and high ideas it was just the wrong place and time in history. Now that being said I do have militarily existing conditions that will limit my lifespan and that’s not really a problem either I would just hoping to travel more without people shooting at me. God-bless each and everyone of you even those with opinions I do not like.

12. Andy11M says:

You can’t tell me this wasn’t sanctioned by higher ups in the NY NY Dem party. When you are a first term congressional kid, it aint like the movies, you aint going to turn DC on it’s ear and walk off into the sunset with everyone applauding you. You are permitted to sit at the grown ups table, but if you fail to display proper manners, you will get sent to your room.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I truly think that AOC was allowed to get elected just to be a “useful idiot” as well as a “One-term Wonder”.

• Hack Stone says:

Sort of like Carrie White being elected homecoming queen. Hack is just surprised that Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi did not dump a bucket of blood on her during the State Of The Union Address.

13. Friend says:

We need a bilingual grade school teacher and a bartender when a friends restaurant reopens.

• The Other Whitey says:

I rather doubt she’s bilingual. Many of her speaking habits and mannerisms remind me far too much of an ex-girlfriend who was also a New York Puerto Rican, albeit of rather more modest origins than Ojos-Locos. Said habits and mannerisms were her overcompensating for the fact that, for all her cultural posturing, she couldn’t speak a lick of Spanish.

Besides, would you really want this dumb skank teaching children? I sure as hell don’t!

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

I recall reading about an 80s-famous “Hispanic-American” star that barely spoke Spanish. Oops.

American. Be, or be not. There is no hyphen.

14. Sarge says:

So Commie-Czar,

Please tell me how many would be saved if Hillary was elected a few years ago.

I’m waiting.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

She would have more quickly wrecked the economy, proving “their” way of Marx “right” and bringing about that “freer” system of Dictatorship over the Proles.

“It never works” is no impediment. He believes -he- is smart enough to make it work, where all others fail.

That he goes to the wall first, with the rest of the “useful idiots”, seems lost on him. That always happens too.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Do any of those marones realize, or even vaguely understand, that Stalin made Red Army officers dig their own graves at ST. Petersburg/Leningrad, and when done, they were executed and thrown into those holes? That’s been verified by excavating that mass grave, just as the grave sites at the gulags have been verified.
      If they did absorb it, those idjits that Taylor hangs out with think it will never happen to them, right? It’s always ‘the other guy’ gets executed. Sure, and the sun rises in the north every evening….

Maybe now she can go back to high school and
    upgrade that GED to a real diploma.
    Continuing adult education and all.
    When the bars reopen she will be in a position to excel.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Just think how much money she saved buying that ignorance on the cheap, instead of buying the same stupid at a premium label stupid center like Berkeley.

One would have to be extra foolish to pay so much more for the same ignorance. Give her that much credit.

• Hondo says:

Cheap? Um, she went to Boston University. It’s a private school with a “list price” of about $72k per year including room and board. Tuition alone lists at $52k+.

Yeah, she probably got some kind of financial aid – so she didn’t pay that (few do). But cheap? Hardly. Might be even more expensive than Bezerkeley.

• 26Limabeans says:

Boston was a lot closer to NY than CA so
        she saw the savings in carbon credits and
        assumed they would be like real credit hours.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Boston U is a good school. My nephew got his MBA there and has and extremely successful business now. But then, he did not go into politics for a living. He was smarter than that. 😉

16. Coffeypot says:

JOB??? She really doesn’t have to find a job. She is set for life with a salary around $140 K per year plus perks. That is more money than she ever made before being elected. Now her boyfriend may have to fine a job. Who knows.

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

IIRC one has to serve a minimum of two terms to qualify for that lifetime handout, something AOC won’t get if she ends up being a one term wonder!

• Hondo says:

A minimum of 5 years of Congressional service is required to qualify for a pension, actually. And with less than 20 years of service, the pension doesn’t start until age 62. (It starts at age 50 with 20 years of Congressional service and at any age with 25 or more years of Congressional service.)

17. Retired Grunt says:

Holy crap, I only had to do 20 years and live through them to get my pension (sarc) I only signed a contract up to and including my life and I’m seeing stories on the Internet where a baseball player doesn’t wanna play baseball because you’re not gonna pay him his 7 million dollars this year. I have absolutely no ill will toward Rep. Cortez. All she wants to do is give away every single benefit I earned by serving to every single individual in the country here either legally or not. I’m sorry it cost Me Too Much to earn those benefits. You’re more than welcome the call me greedy. You’re more than welcome to call me priviledged. I think if you want benefits you have to serve not necessarily in the armed forces teachers nurses police officers firefighters the list goes on and on and on but you have to serve your fellow man.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Butbutbut THAT just might get in the way of pols like her and Malig-Nancy Pelosi of feeewing good about themselves for handing out our tax dollars and benefits to buy illegal votes!

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

She feels great guilt at all her unearned money.

So she will give all of your money away.