Ex-Marine, Sex Offender Breaches Trump Security

| January 7, 2020

The New York Post reports that a man who was dishonorably discharged from the Marine Corps for being a sex offender had made it past two security checkpoints near President Trumps departure flight.

A man who was dishonorably discharged from the Marines after a sex crimes conviction got past two security checkpoints at a Florida airport — around the time President Trump was set to depart, federal prosecutors said Monday.

Brandon Mark Magnan, 37, showed up at Palm Beach International Airport on Sunday and claimed he was working security on Marine One, the helicopter that transports the commander-in-chief, according to a criminal complaint.

Magnan allegedly flashed credentials with faux Marine Corps seals and was able to get onto the grounds of Atlantic Aviation, where both Marine One and Air Force One are housed while Trump stays at his Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach.

He raised a red flag when spotted without a Marine Corps uniform, which they expected.

When confronted, he claimed he was “retired.”  Quick thinking.

He was convicted of charges that included abusive sexual conduct and forced sodomy, according to the Palm Beach Post. He has been a registered sex offender since.

Magnan eventually admitted to having been dishonorably discharged, according to the complaint.

He was charged with false impersonation of an officer or employee of the United States, and faces a maximum of three years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.

It is interesting that the Post labels him as an “ex-Marine” because he did cross the goal line and earned the title, before he fumbled the ball.

I’m going to go ahead and label this as embellishment since Magnan claimed he was retired.

If you squint and cock your head sideways, he does seem to have that Vincent D’Onofrio/Gomer Pyle “I AM… in a world of shit” look happening. We report, you decide.

Category: "Teh Stoopid", Marine Corps Poser

“I’m going to go ahead and label this as embellishment since Magnan claimed he was retired”

How magnanimous of you….

2. ninja says:

Steve Balm:

Just a minor correction to this post:

The cited New York Post story stated the Deputy Sheriff noticed Magnan was NOT wearing a Marine Corps Uniform, which is standard for Presidential Travel:

“..an eagle-eyed Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy noticed Magnan wasn’t in a Marine Corps uniform, as is standard for presidential travel, and alerted authorities, the complaint states.”

In looking at Magnan’s Mugshot, am guessing (1) He could not find a uniform to fit him (2) He forgot to shave his mustache and beard and get a haircut (3) He forgot he has a double chin that the beard could not hide.

Gee Whiz. If one wants to fake being a Marine, then at least look and dress as a Marine.

😉😎😈

• ninja says:

Your post was written “He raised a red flag when spotted in a Marine Corps uniform.”

Thank You for sharing this story of another potential candidate for the Darwin Award.

😊

• FuzeVT says:

“then at least look and dress as a Marine.”

And believe me, there PLENTY of fat Marines. People who say that there aren’t fat Marines haven’t been in any non-deploying units. On the 31st MEU, I really didn’t have and lard-asses (thanks to the leadership at 7th Comm for that). HQ Company, Quantico? Holy shit. . . .

• ninja says:

Well, I guess he took the advice “Go BIG or Go Home”.

😉😆

• Hack Stone says:

7th Comm? Small Marine Corps. When were there? Hack’s last overseas tour was 3 1/2 years with 7th Comm.

• FuzeVT says:

I was the S-6 for the MEU and, as such, got the majority of my Marines from the Battalion. I was at the MEU from mid 2012 to mid 2014. (Guess I just told the world exactly who I am with that one.) It was hard to get everything I needed (good 0651 NCOs, in particular) but I also understand the problems that 7th Comm had in giving me what I got. Hurting all around – the Marine Corps way.

• Hack Stone says:

Hack was almost a decade deep in retirement when you were there. 7th Comm was always willing to step up and fill the brig quota. Good times.

• Jeff says:

His beard is between his first and second chin haha

• sbalm says:

Corrected. Thx.

The look he makes when he FIRST sees what is the main course at the BTJ&T Deli. Hope he enjoys the special jelly that is in those eclairs.

4. Combat Historian says:

“Florida Man” strikes again…

Gotta be somethin’ in the water…

5. Comm Center Rat says:

“You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary, or I’m gonna stomp your guts out! Now you DO love the Virgin Mary, don’t you?”

~ Gunny Hartman

6. ninja says:

Some information on the Dude.

Looks as if he was charged with forced sodomy and abusive sexual conduct while in the Marine Corps which probably led to his dishonorable discharge:

• Anonymous says:

Bubba’s going to have to watch out with this guy in jail then.

• Daisy Cutter says:

If the opposite of forced sodomy is unforced sodomy, I don’t see how that is possible.

• SFC D says:

I think it’s “forced” if there’s only 1 consenting party to the event.

• ninja says:

Daisy Cutter and SFC D:

Please see the PDF I provided on his Court Martial where he was charged and found guilty of forced sodomy on a young Male Marine.

Details are in the PDF.

7. ninja says:

At one time, he claimed to have been or was a Security Supply NCOIC in the Marine Corps:

What is a Security Supply NCO?

• Hack Stone says:

Security Supply NCO is responsible for handing out the flashlight batteries to the Military Police as they start their shift. They are also ensure that the MP’s have a government issued Skillcraft pen for writing tickets.

• ninja says:

Marines still use Skillcraft pens?

(Channeling Slow Joe’e Technical Knowledge and Skills)

😉😆😈

• ninja says:

Bet our Supply Daddy Claw had to order those Skillcraft pens for his Unit to be used for writing on the Yellow Routing and Transmittal Slip (Optional Form 41) and the Yellow Memorandum of Call (Standard Form 63, NSN 7540-00-634-4018)

😉

• ChipNASA says:

For a second, I thought Hack said “Fleshlight”….

annnnddd I’m gonna go back and stand in the corner.

• Claw says:

Skillcraft Ball Point Pens:

7520-935-7135* Black/Fine Point
            7520-935-7136* Black/Medium Point

* Replaced FSNs 7520-130-3176 and 7520-664-5148 in February 1968./s

Been doing the job of being able to write a mile of ink until the cartridge runs dry in temperature highs of 160 degrees and lows of 40 below zero for the last 50 plus years.

• Claw says:

Additional info:

The FSN for Optional Form 41 is 7540-935-5862./s

• Claw says:

If you order one of those, you’ll get a package of ten pads, with each pad having 100 sheets.

So be extra careful when filling out the quantity block on your DA Form 2765-1, or you’ll be swamped with spit-wad material./s

• ninja says:

Claw:

Big *grin* on my face right now, because am trying to imagine if any new Supply Clerk made those mistakes of not paying attention to detail and ordering the wrong quantity.

Wonder if DoD still orders those Skillcraft pens? If I remember, weren’t they made by the Blind?

P.S. I still have those Yellow Forms that I use as a scratch pad. With a Skillcraft pen (shhh, please don’t tell anyone that I took Government Property home).

😉😈

• CCO says:

Did that with for movement prep. I ordered six reels of, I think, 5000 feet each. Luckily, Logistics civilian back stopped me.

• USAF RET says:

Jesus, I have been retired for almost 6 years and the only pens I can ever find around the house are skillcraft.

8. ninja says:

Well, Magnan is not the only Dumb Bunny on the block:

“George Lopez’s comment about Donald Trump being looked at by the Secret Service”:

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Maybe they’ll visit him at zero-dark-thirty with some flash bangs?

• Hack Stone says:

No, they only respond with a Tactical Team when they have to arrest someone affiliated with President Trump. After they tip off CNN about the pending raid.

9. AW1Ed says:

That’s some mighty fine security you have there at Atlantic Aviation, Zeke.

The idiot was lucky the Marine guards didn’t shoot him dead. Unless that’s what he was looking for.

10. ninja says:

One can find his Court Martial Record at this site (PDF, 10 pages) Public Information:

Evidently, he liked young Male Marines. One can read the PDF to see what he did.

In 2010, he was convicted by a General Court-Martial at Quantico, Virginia of two specifications of orders violations, one specification of abusive sexual contact, one specification of wrongful sexual
    contact, one specification of forcible sodomy, three
    specifications of assault, and one specification of being drunk and disorderly in violation of Articles 92, 120, 125, 128, and 134, Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. §§ 892, 920, 925, 928, and 934.

He was sentenced to confinement for three years, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, reduction
    to pay grade E-1, and a dishonorable discharge.

11. Club Manager, USA ret. says:

What really gave this dirt bag away was he didn’t have Marine standard issue of two road guards and a Cadance counter with him. The paper got it right by referring to him as “ex-Marine”. Every real Marine I’ve ever met, just honorably discharged or retired still consider themselves “Marines”. Maybe an occasional “retired” but never “ex” or “former”.

12. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Dishonorably Discharged, thus making him an Ex-Marine, one look at those puffy cheeks and pencil neck makes me think that he’d be one of Bubba & Thor’s bitches in no time! Asswipes like him can never stop fucking up.

13. Mike B USAF Retired says:

Ok I’ve heard that there are no such thing as an Ex-Marine. My son punched (Honorably) from the Marines after 10 years and refers to himself as a prior Marine. I’m retired AF and so I’m referred to as Retired AF.

So from our Devil Dogs what is the proper term for Marines in the various scenarios?

Retired
    Honorably Dischareged
    Dishonorably Discharged = Ex Marine

• A Terminal Lance Coolie says:

It’s always prior or former, unless you do something stupid enough to make the rest of us disown you properly. See the lardass this thread is about for Exhibit A of how to become an ex-Marine.

A DD is pretty much a guaranteed denouncement. OTHs are a bit more fuzzy. Depends on what you did to earn the OTH, and will generally be determined on a case-by-case basis.