You thought your doctor asking if you had guns was bad…

| July 8, 2021

Looks like House Democrats want the VA to combat “extremist views and conspiracy theories among the veteran community.” Apparently veterans are too stupid to think for themselves, because of the “the unique vulnerabilities that veterans face online.” How’s that now? You complete your service honorably and they still want to tell you what to think and how to act.

Of course, this is all part of the reaction gross over-reaction to the events of 6 Jan, 2021 in which some veterans participated (including one killed by Capitol Police). Veterans participating in fiery but mostly peaceful BLM riots are heralded as the paragon of virtue. For examples, see Carol Badoni, Nathan Phillips, and Todd Winn. Are those extremists going to receive attention in this witch hunt for “extremism” that doesn’t exist?

Jeff LPH 3 sends in this Military Times article;

House lawmakers want Veterans Affairs officials to start talking to veterans about misinformation and extremism online.

Included in the House Appropriations Committee’s proposal for more than $270 billion in department funding next fiscal year is language focused on “the unique vulnerabilities that veterans face online,” to include targeting of veterans by extremist organizations and groups focused on sowing division in the military community.

“Efforts to spread extremist views and conspiracy theories among the veteran community have had severely damaging effects, such as spreading conspiracies that may have motivated participation in the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6,” a report on the budget proposal states.

t also calls for the department to “establish a comprehensive, evidence-based program to educate veterans about malign influences, transition assistance to include specialized counseling services, as well as research into operations and methods to discern against disinformation.”

The specifics of what that will entail remain unclear. The budget bill is likely months away from becoming law, and the provision could be dropped during negotiations with Senate appropriators on the funding measures.

The issue of extremism in the military has been a point of focus for the Defense Department in recent months.

Naturally there are those who think this doesn’t go far enough.

Kris Goldsmith, an Army veteran and CEO of Sparverius — an intelligence firm focused on disinformation campaigns and online extremist activity — called the proposal a step in the right direction but “it leaves a lot to be desired.”

He said all lawmakers need to take the issue of radicalization of veterans more seriously, pointing to recent Republican opposition to a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attacks and the extremist influences which motivated it.

“Republicans need to take this seriously,” he said. “This committee can play a role in prevention.”

The full House membership is expected to vote on the VA budget bill with the extremism language later this month.

If you’d like to contact your representatives in Congress to voice your concerns with this bill. The VA should stick to taking care of veterans and stay the fuck out of my politics.

Category: "The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves", "Truth or fiction?", "Your Tax Dollars At Work", DC Government, Liberals suck, Veterans in politics, Veterans Issues, Veterans' Affairs Department

1. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

So as I see it, they’re trying to label anyone who’s not a Biden or Bernie-head an “extremist” who gets put on a list, what kind of chickenshit will they try next? Nunna their mudda-fuckin’ damn business what my political views are!!!

2. AW1 Rod says:

Yeah. They’ll piss away $270 billion on “re-educating” veterans whose thought processes don’t align with those of the Ministry of Truth, while continuing to neglect or ignoring aging veterans in dire need of benefits/services.

3. STSC(SW/SS) says:

Be careful if you go to the VA for any surgery. You might wake up handcuffed to the bed because while you were still under anesthesia they asked you some questions and determined you were a terrorist.

• Stacy0311 says:

Even worse, not that they’re doing lopadickoffames, you might wake from surgery missing a few important parts

4. Only Army Mom says:

Not even a little surprised. Actually, I am surprised it took them this long. Sadly, too many if not a majority in “mental health services” will see this as the opportunity to they’ve been waiting for to pathologize “wrong thinking” about things like guns, liberty, equity, gender, intersectionality, identity, and all the Progressive buzz words whose meanings have been redefined.

For the record, everyone of you here is dangerously mentally ill according to these weak-minded, over-educated, under-thinking paragons of virtue. Except for a certain squawking pigeon who occasionally shows up, knocks over the pieces, craps on the board and declares himself the winner.

Not everyone in the field thinks this way. But if you want to get or keep your license in this field, you have to be very careful what you say to your colleagues. I wish I were kidding or exaggerating.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Unfortunately I think that you’re right, and AS TO the one I refer to as “Major Moonbat”, I wonder if he isn’t slobbering and salivating at the prospect of being one such “Screener” at the VA?

• Thunderstixx says:

I thought it was a seagull ?????

5. David says:

“Veterans” participated. So did a boat load of “civilians”… so why are we singled out? And based on the evidence, pretty useless group of veterans 6 January. Any reasonable effective force woulda cut through the Capitol cops like a hot knife through butter and wsted the Capitol in a matter of minutes.

And if they are so busy investigating, how about we get some answers on who killed the AF vet lady? No way that was a good shoot.

6. Never got involved with the va. When I retired at 62 back in 2007, I was on the 18 month Cobra keeping my health insurance plan until I enrolled in another health plan so I contacted the va and was told that I was not eligible since I didn’t serve in Viet Nam. Turns out that in 2003, bush cut some of the va funding at that time.

7. Hack Stone says:

Quite often when Hack Stone is being examined at Walter Reed Medical Center, the Doctor will ask Hack if he feels safe in his home. Hack replies “No problem at home Doc, but the Vice President of the proud but humble woman owned business that sells software to the federal government formerly located in Bethesda Maryland has a team of crackheads with blowtorches and pliers that are supposed to go medieval on his ass. Do you a prescription for that?”

Hmmm…. I picture it this way.

Inquisitor: Do you have a gun?

Moi: No.

Inquisitor: You don’t?

Moi: No, I don’t.

Inquisitor: Why don’t you have a gun?

Moi: Oh, a variety of reasons….

10 minutes pass in silence.

Inquisitor: Well, what are your reasons?

Moi: Are you obsessed with guns or something? (Burps noisily)

Inquisitor: Uh, no (looks around nervously), but I have to ask these —

Moi: I think you’re obsessed with guns and with people who have them. I’ll bet you get off on that when you’re in the shower. How many guns do you have?

Inquisitor: I don’t have to answer that.

Moi: Yes, you do. How many guns do you have?

Inquisitor: That’s not important. I’m going to–

Moi: You’re going to what? Go home and beat off over guns in the shower? Or was this just about picturing yourself shooting me in the head?

Inquisitor: I didn’t say that!!! You can’t–!!!

Moi: Can’t what? Ask questions? You’re really rude, y’know. I can ask questions if I want to, but you’re making it clear that you can’t be trusted with anything, including personal information. What were you going to ask about next? How much money I have in my bank account? You really are an obnoxious nosy bugger.

Inquisitor: I wasn’t going to ask any such —!!

Moi: Oh, now you’re getting defensive and all that stuff. What are you hiding? Huh? How many guns do you have at home? I think I have a right to know, because I’m not real sure you’re safe to be around for me, never mind for small children.

This is so much fun…. 🙂

9. Mustang Major says:

Actually the Dems in congress don’t care about vets. The program looks like a scheme to funnel tax payer money to left-wing groups who will get contracts to administer the program.

No one reading TAH will ever be contacted by the VA about extremist influences.

10. Bill R. says:

I was getting a questionnaire from my doctor for a Medicare Wellness Check a couple weeks ago when the question came up over whether I owned any guns or not. I replied that this was neither the time nor the place for any discussion on that topic. She agreed and pressed on with the questions and never went back to that topic. That was the first time I had ever been asked that question and it kind of caught me by surprise.