Going Away to Serve… In Prison

| June 2, 2021

It seems that a father posted on Reddit about a situation in his family.  Basically, the man’s brother had to go off to prison for a drug conviction.  The man going to prison told his nephew, his brother’s son, that he was being deployed overseas – figuring the truth would break his heart.  The truth being he was going off to a PMITA prison.

The father would have none of this and set the record straight.  His brother, who was headed off to prison, got upset and the entire thing caused a rift in the family.  Click on the title to read the entire article at the source.

Dad Refuses To Lie to Son About Why Uncle Is ‘Going Away’ & Blasts Him for ‘Stolen Valor’

We’ve all been in a situation where we’ve disappointed someone when that was the last thing we wanted to do. It happens even when we’re trying to make all the best decisions, and sometimes that means living with the consequences.

That’s the basis of a situation that one uncle has found himself in. He did something, got caught, and had to deal with the consequences. But he’s struggling with how his decisions will potentially impact his relationship with his nephew, and his brother — the father of the beloved nephew — wasn’t helping.

Then…

“He told my son he would be going away for a while because he will be deployed overseas,” the dad noted. And that lie did not sit well with the dad at all.

“I immediately called him out for it and said ‘no you are not, you got arrested and are going to prison,'” he recalled.

The brother was upset that he got called out.

“He pulled me aside and said ‘what are you doing, it’ll break his little heart knowing that I’m going to prison,'” the dad shared. His answer back wasn’t too empathetic.

“I said ‘I don’t care, you’re not going to lie to my son or commit stolen valor, you know how much that pisses me off as a veteran myself,'” he wrote. “My son asked me what happened and I told him the truth.”

Category: "Teh Stoopid", Stolen Valor

1. Hack Stone says:

Doing a stint in the hoosegow and explaining that you were away on a top secret mission for the government is Step 1 in stolen valor. Of course, the wife never asks why during that absence she was not getting any housing allowance from the military, that would require two functioning brain cells.

• Harry says:

I have noticed that one common “trait” shared by most phonies (besides the leather vest) is a criminal record.

• Daisy Cutter says:

They’re like rappers. You’ve gotta do time to get street cred.

• Hack Stone says:

The most dangerous job in the world for a young African American male is “aspiring rapper”, because every week the news sites are overflowing with articles about aspiring rappers killed on the streets of Democrat run cities. Best one was Donkey Cartel down in Charlotte NC who decided that the best way to acknowledge the birth of Our Lord And Savior was to bust some caps in a mall on Christmas Eve. That was a feel good story, if you don’t recall. And every Christmas Eve since, Hack Stone would go to Donkey Cartel’s Facebook page and spread some holiday cheer.

• ChipNASA says:

I completely forgot about that. You Glorious, giving MFer.
            Way to go “Milkshake!!”
            LMMFAO!!

2. Daisy Cutter says:

Pen, big house, stir, bucket, club fed, hoosegow, cooler, clink, calaboose, slammer, pokey. There’s probably a good reason they call it the pokey.

3. pookysgirl, WC wife says:

If you didn’t want “his little heart” broken, then you shouldn’t have done the crime!

• Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

^^ This is the right answer, the best way to avoid disappointing family by being arrested and going to prison is to not be a criminal piece of shit in the first place.

One suspects being a sack of shit liar is the very least of his character flaws.

4. Anonymous says:

Don’t add to it by lying.

Don’t lie to kids. You will cause great disappointment when
    they grow up and realize you lied to them. And they will.
    I have had to correct a few “family secrets” in my time and
    I am glad I nipped it in the bud. Good for the dad. Now uncle
    bullshit is exposed to the kid not only as a felon but a liar
    as well. Good lesson for the kid.

• Thunderstixx says:

I won’t go into any details….
      But this is the real danger, the kid growing up and finding out about the lie that was lived which puts the entire relationship to a bucket of squished toads…

• ChipNASA says:

I like this…I’m going to see how I can incorporate this into The Hemisphere of Insults®™ “This container ship load of scat is also about as useful as a bucket full of squashed toads”.

OK, yeah, thanks Thunderstixx.
        I like it.

6. Keepin' It Real says:

BOY: Is Uncle Timmy going to be taking care of the bad guys while he’s away?

DAD: Yes, he will. He will be hand washing their underwear and clipping their toenails.

BOY: Is he making us safe?

DAD: Yes, by being right where he is.

BOY: What will become of Uncle Timmy?

DAD: Uncle Timmy will become BE-YOTCH.

7. Green Thumb says:

That All-Points Logistics training is coming to the surface.

8. MarineDad61 says:

I sense a correlation with convicts AFTER prison,
    with black leather vests,
    full of patches, pins, and other blingo,
    and black ballcaps with yellow letters.
    Oh, and Harleys.
    Not new Harleys.
    Only old Harleys.
    Phonies in the brig with bunghole chicken dinners, and
    phonies who never served (often doing time),
    make great patchy black leather cover…. For each other.
    As we’ve seen…. Right here on these pages.

• Thunderstixx says:

Guys and gals, not all of us riding Harley’s are useless skid marks like this klowne is…..
      I rode over 200K miles on mine over the years and never once did I commit anything close to a stolen valor crime….
      BUT, there are a lot of biker gang wannabe’s, especially here in Texas…..
      Sigh…..

• MarineDad61 says:

Thunderstixx,
        Understood.
        Pennsylvania is loaded (with embellishers and phonies),
        with a much shorter riding season,
        and now out there in full blown patched up black leather
        remove the baffles and glug the throttle glory.
        Funny…. but not.

9. David says:

Kid: I saw my Dad cheating at cards.
    James Garner: Take after him or not, it’s your choice.

Slightly paraphrased but great advise every kid of a dirtbag should hear.

10. Hack Stone says:

Uncle Billy: Timmy, did I ever tell you about the time I fought off four guys at once with only my bare hands?

Timmy’s Father: Was That in the shower stall when you were in prison?

11. 5JC says:

I liked the guy that said drug smuggling was a completely non-violent crime. It isn’t as though the gangs have killed hundreds of thousands of people to vie their trade.

If the story is legit good on brother for stopping douche bag. It would be a shame if he got a hero welcome when he “redeployed”.

12. KoB says:

BZ to Dad for speaking the “Truth to Power”.

If uncle wants some sympathy, tell him to look in Mr. Webster’s Book.