US Navy SEALs Making Efforts to be Gender-Neutral

| September 28, 2020 | 28 Comments

The website AmericanMilitaryNews reports that the Navy SEALs are making efforts to be gender-neutral with some of the branding and words used.

Navy SEALs change official ethos to be gender neutral, remove ‘brotherhood’ and more

The U.S. Navy SEALs and the Navy Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen (SWCC) recently changed their ethos and creed statements to reflect a gender-neutral presentation of the elite Navy outfits, doing away with gendered terms like “brotherhood.”

One change to the SEAL ethos was to alter a sentence in the first paragraph of the ethos to say, “Common citizens with uncommon desire to succeed” instead of the original, “A common man with uncommon desire to succeed.”

Naval Special Warfare spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Matthew Stroup confirmed the changes to the ethos and creed statements in an emailed statement to American Military News.

“Naval Special Warfare continues to deliberately develop a culture of tactical and ethical excellence that reflects the nation we represent, and that draws upon the talents of the all-volunteer force who meet the standards of qualification as a SEAL or SWCC,” Stroup said.

Stroup said the changes to the ethos and creed statements were made to comply with changes in law opening the potential for women to join the elite military units.

Much of the language was written before laws having to do with women were inacted.

Category: Navy, Politics

1. So what happens to the WW 2 band of brothers or one Fire Fighter calling another Fire Fighter Brother??

2. Graybeard says:

Do we still get to bust their balls?
    Tell each other to ‘man up’?

I’m sorry, but I don’t see this as anything else than MasterPieCe Theatre. Making some REMF in the 5-sided Puzzle Palace feel like they are doing something.

3. Sparks says:

I do not understand why we all have to bow down to any minority thoughts of anyone. Or why we must be so politically correct about every word we use.

What is wrong with the word “Brotherhood”? Nothing in my mind.

If and this is a very big if, a woman under the SAME standards as the men, completes BUDS and goes on to finish all evolutions to become a Trident wearing SEAL, then she can be part of the Brotherhood.

Because she will have balls bigger than mine.

4. JarHead Pat says:

We are so going to lose the next peer 2 peer war.How in the fuck does this make anyone a better war fighter, fuck me.

5. AZRobert says:

Why not separate units, it’s only fair!

The PMS Battalion

Pink Berets

Pedo Patrol etc….

They can all train in Frisco or MiniIslamsota and can be used as the “Tip of the Spear” in any future conflict, followed by lots of arty and air support.

Kind of like kill two birds with one stone and maybe save a dime or two.

Just thinking out loud.

FFS…Man pull-eaze! Again, we have to quit asking how teh stoopid can things get? It is really getting to the point where they are taking it as a challenge.

Gender neutral huh? Does that mean the ships and planes can no longer be referred to in the feminine sense? “Bring her head about, boys, and put the wind on the beam.” oops Wrong in so many ways? “What ship did you serve on Mommydad?” “Daddymom and I served on Carl Vinson. She was a fine carrier of Aerial Artillery Platforms.” Oops again. No more “Memphis Belle” or “Enola Gay” How about “Bock’s Car”? Would that be acceptable?

Did ya hear the one about the all female flight crew on the C5? “It’s no longer called a cockpit, we refer to it as the box office.”

I have absolutely zero (0) problem with any person of the female gland trying to become qualified for any position out there. As long as they meet the same qualifications as anyone that has ever had that position. As pointed out above, if she makes it as a SEAL, her (mental) balls are bigger than mine too.

7. Daisy Cutter says:

We few, we so happy few. We band of mutually experienced co-workers.

He or she or gender-neutral pronoun that spills their blood with me today will be my eternally bonded best friend, but not in an LGBTQIA way – not that there’s anything wrong with that.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah: It goes like this:

S/he/it that spills its blood today with moi-meme will be my welded at the hip Support In All Sorts of Bad Things, physical, mental, emotional, fucking bleeding at the nose, or otherwise, and we’ll get drunk together to celebrate afterwards.

Salut!!!

Oh, yeah!

Now I can REALLY get away with some stuff I was holding back! Heeheeheehee………..!!!! 😛

How VERY inspirational of them.

9. Anonymous says:

Ah, here’s “gender neutral” language:

10. Green Thumb says:

Sounds like to me that they are about to “drop” their “standards”.

Rangers, move over. The SEALS are in town.

Way to go, DoD.

11. rgr1480 says:

Errrerr. …… That article was from Duffleblog, RIGHT????

C’mon man….

13. Sapper3307 says:

At last,, world peace is closer.

14. OWB says:

So, instead of aspiring to belong to an elite brotherhood, future SEALS belong to something else? Well, gee. Ain’t THAT special???

Mediocrity for all!

15. FuzeVT says:

The thought I keep coming back to is “Are we just running out of men, or something?” Were physical strength and endurance is a major attribute for a military job, why open that up the fairer sex? I mean, I know why – the ol’ PC monster. I just don’t think there is an arguement for it. Does the SEAL community suffer for not having a woman’s perspective? They are there to fight. That’s it. Go with what works because it. . you, know. . . works.

16. Keepin' It Real says:

In other news…

The sequel to the film “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” will now be called “The Comradery of the Traveling Pants 2” due to public outcry, hurt feelings and chapped a$$es.

17. Berliner says:

Next will be a requirement for their preferred pronouns. He/Him She/Her Them/Their It/Shit

18. BruteLarson407 says:

This has to stop. Just stop it. In fact, I personally want to stop seeing the word ‘gender’ used in any context that isn’t linguistic. I figure I’m gonna be disappointed.