Two and Two Equals Four Because of Western Imperialism

| July 7, 2020

When fact, reason, and logic are attacked as “oppressive concepts”. (r/The_Donald/)

You read that right, we believe that 2 + 2 = 4 because of Western imperialism and colonization. It is cultural, and it appears to be the only way we think of things. This is according to someone that describes herself as a “PhD student”. Forget the logic that if you take two marbles, and place them right next to another two marbles, you would have four marbles.

From Summit News:

In this case, Marshall appears to be arguing that maths itself is racist, an argument that has been made by numerous social justice warriors down the years, some of whom question why ‘Western Math’ is in common use and not other methods such as the way Aborigines count (maybe because we’re western and not Aborigine).

The notion that 2+2 might not = 4 is of course lifted from George Orwell’s 1984, when the one party state was able to torture dissidents into believing it could equal 5.

Respondents to the tweet expressed their varied opinions.

“Unfortunately it’s nothing new,” remarked one. “There are videos circulating showing black students promoting to stop science because it represents white supremacy. They would prefer magic and voodoo.”

“Scary thing is, this person is a teacher probably preaching the same nonsense to our children,” said another.

Summit news has this and other articles here. Paul Joseph Watson, the author, is among the conservatives that is getting demonetized on YouTube.

Category: "Teh Stoopid", Society

1. Sparks says:

You just can’t make money in a square dope deal. 2+2 gotta come to more than 4.

Life is hard. It’s harder when you’re stupid.

• Stacy0311 says:

There’s a cure for stupid.
      Unfortunately for the stupid, it’s usually quite painful and often fatal

• Ex-Ph2 says:

I read some of the responses to her twitterpating answer, denying that math is anything OTHER than a “wesstern invention”, which means that she knows nothing about the history of mathematics.

She’s a PhD candidate? Well, we have AOC, who somehow managed to acquire a Masters degree in International Economics at Boston U, and has turned out to be an opportunistic puppet for the Marxists grooming her for office.

And now this Marshall bimbo denies the reality of REAL mathematics, says it’s all “western imperialism” when it came into being in the Middle East some 4,000 ++ years ago – plenty of hard archaeological evidence to prove it, too – and she’s a doctoral candidate? IN what? Harvesting pickling spices? OH, yes, I see: she’s a WANNABE MATH PERSON. That explains it!

See my rant below. She is an idiot, not even a quart full of sound and fury, and she signifies absolutely nothing but she DOES want us all to know exactly how prejudiced she really is.

And she’s a Rutgers? That used to be a good school. I guess they’ll let any trash in now.

God help her students.

• MI Ranger says:

Ex-Ph2,
        Not to nitpick but AOC does not have a Masters Degree: Ocasio-Cortez graduated cum laude from Boston University College of Arts and Sciences with a BA in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics.

Everything else is spot on! Especially the earliest evidence of written mathematics dates back to the ancient Sumerians, who built the earliest civilization in Mesopotamia. They developed a complex system of metrology from 3000 BC.

Maybe she is an Alien from outside the Milky Way galaxy and does not use numbers based on ten because they have more or less digits on their primary appendages! Perhaps she is really a Silicon based life form and numbers are fluid because the combine in interesting ways such as overlaps and maybe even defy our laws of physics and matter is created when certain “numbers” combine to form something greater than the whole!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Oh, really? I thought she puffed herself off as having that. Thanks for the heads up on that. My bad. But it does sort of explain why she couldn’t find a job as anything but a bar girl after school was out.
          My nephew got his MBA at BU, and his wife got her JD there, too. They’re both doing quite well, but then, neither of them is an idiot like this individual styling herself Brittany.

Wait — isn’t that a dog breed?

• Anonymous says:

IR and Economics, eh? (Because she knows jack sh*t about either is why I doubt… )

2. 11B-Mailclerk says:

The folks who want you kept ignorant want to be called “master”.

They might pronounce it differently, but the meaning is unmistakable.

• thebesig says:

There’s an article talking about how “Master” in “master bedroom” is racist. Guess where this would lead to? “Lord” used in context in the Bible means “master”.

• 26Limabeans says:

Master/Slave is a well known term in electronics and other
        technological fields. In all the years of using that term
        I never once though of it in racial terms.
        Nobody gonna make me either.

This co-opting of language ala Orwell and Alinksky needs
        to be exposed for what it is. Remember the guy that was
        called racist for using the word niggardly?

At least “fuck off” still has it’s original meaning.

• Mason says:

Not any more. The SJWs who fill IT and coding positions are now on a push to remove the terms. I know GitHub is one that’s jumping on the bandwagon.

The Internet Engineering Task Force:

Master-slave is an oppressive metaphor

• MI Ranger says:

What is amazing is they read racism in things scientific. They have co-opted terminology for in the light and out of the light to now mean good and bad.

So I guess all that military terminology for being sneaky will now have to be changed as well:
            – Black OPS will now be called SNEAKY OPS
            – BLACKOUT flying will be called OPERATIONS WITHOUT THE USE OF LIGHT
            – BLACKBAG OPS will just be SCARY STUFF
            – BLACK RIFLES will also be called SCARY STUFF
            – and BLACK HELICOPTERS will be called…uhmmm SCARY STUFF!

• Skyjumper says:

Guess tankers can’t use this term anymore.

“Slave cables” are used to jump start military vehicles with dead batteries. Outside of military use, they are more commonly referred to as jumper cables, and provide a fast, easy, vehicle-to-vehicle boost of power to get back on the road.

• SFC D says:

Master/slave has been used for multiplexer timing since forever. Primary and secondary wouldn’t be acceptable, because there is already a primary and secondary timing source.

• Flakpup says:

Too late. Even terms that are almost universally considered to be a positive are now negative. Even the term ‘street-smart’ is evil and has already caused issues.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Can’t read it unless you pay for it and it ain’t worth it.

• Mason says:

He said of a black woman who’s worked for the court system for 35 years, “Fortunately for me, we have just a fabulous clerk of the court in Kiry Gray. She’s so street-smart and really knows her job,” the chief judge said.

There you go. Calling a black woman smart and competent is racist.

• Mick says:

Unbeknown to me, I guess that all of that time that I spent flying around in Marine Corps aircraft with a ‘slaved’ directional gyro now also somehow makes me an irredeemable career racist.

Who knew.

• fm2176 says:

Prior to joining the Army I was a mechanic, so the first thing that popped into my mind were hydraulic braking systems.

At the time I was venting on Facebook a lot, so I might have posted that anyone finding the term “master” offensive should remove their master cylinder. Then I might have gone on to post that the slave cylinders do most of the work.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where common terms have become inflammatory. Imagine a twenty year old me (making $7.50 an hour) at the Cadillac dealership trying to explain to a minority why his $60k car needs a new master cylinder, then going on to say that the slave cylinders won’t work with it forcing them to…

All my motor vehicles have master and slave brake cylinders. It never occurred to me that those terms had any human slavery connections. Also, in the field of the law of agency, there is the concept of master and servant. I guess all these terms of “master” and whatever are just more proof of our inculcation with white supremacy/racism. Who knew?

• Ex-PH2 says:

Okay, well, then tell me something:

Are you going to change this word? MASTURBATE

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

That ought to be fun. I can just see the squirming starting up in the PC/morons crowd.

Please use it a LOT around them, and do it just for me??? 🙂

• Hack Stone says:

So George Costanza cannot claim to being “master of his domain” without being racist?

Ex, a masterbaitor is one that uses his worm to hook a nice red snapper.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Snapper? I’m waiting for a rapper to name himself a Snapper.

I can do more…. 🙂

• Hondo says:

“Hook a nice red snapper”? Hmm. Would AOC or Bernie qualify (snapping turtle variety in Bernie’s case, obviously), or does it have to be someone who openly admits to being Communist?

• 26Limabeans says:

Master Lock is in deep shit now.

• Mick says:

So is MixMaster.

(Hope Ex-PH2 doesn’t have to jettison any of her ‘racist’ kitchen gear.)

• 26Limabeans says:

The Masters golf tournament is racist.

• Ex-PH2 says:

“racist” kitchen gear?? Um, what?

If that’s a reference to cast iron cookware, well, lemme ‘splain something about that.

When iron is smelted from ore into liquid, it is many colors, most of which are WHITE, YELLOW and RED, which is natural to the melting/smelting process.

After refinement into a properly primed melted product ready for casting in a mold, it goes into the mold RED hot and slowly cools to BLACK, the natural color of properly smelted iron ore.

Now if anyone wants to take my naturally-colored black cast iron cookware away from me, I have a 9 inch skillet with a long handle that will damage the offender when it meets the offender’s head.

But that’s not all: I also have a stainless steel short sword, very real, very sharp, with a bronze cast handle that was made in China and has a deranged, fire-spitting dragon on each side of the handle.

I haven’t carved up a turkey in a while. It would be an interesting thing to do, considering everything.

OH, yeah -there’s one more thing: applying the term “black” to individuals or groups with more melanin in their dermal layers than the viewer is incorrect.

The amount of melanin determines the depth of dermal cell color, which is usually some degree of tan down to brown.

I’m mystified AS TO why these self-important hairy but naked primates and nearly inarticulate chum swillers find it necessary to refer to chromatics instead of using the correct terminology. It’s almost enough to make me want to slake my hair with lime, grab the short sword, and paint myself blue like my Pictish/Bretonic ancestors and go whooping and maybe whopping into their midst.

But that’s a story for another day. I think cobalt blue would be a good choice, don’t you?

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

So, you are going

(Puts on sunglasses)

Woad Warrior

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Try papermaking which involves Liquor, but not the alcoholic variety, “Liquor” is the term used referring to the caustic solution used to digest the chips into pulp. White Liquor which will literally eat yo alive, is used for chip digestion and after it is used it becomes Black liquor which is concentrated, burnt and changed into Green Liquor and reprocessed back into White Liquor and used again. So now the term “Green Liquor” must be banned as well because it might offend extraterrestrial aliens?

• UpNorth says:

Imagine how confused plumbers are now. They can’t have male-female joints for pipes, that’s misoginistic. Wait, is “pipe” racist, or sexist?
              If plumbing is going to be “woke”, there are going to be a lot of places with wet floors.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Next they’ll want to ban the term “Junction” which could refer to any kind of copulation which would “offend” the “incel” crowd!

• Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

I’m in love!

That’s really gonna mess up the Fourier Transform.

• USAFRetired says:

Seeing as there are Fourier Transforms, and Fast Fourier Transforms are we now going to get Slow Fourier Transforms?

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

The Fast and the Fourier

• 26Limabeans says:

FFT’s are what make software defined receivers possible.
        Direct analog to digital conversion. And all of it based
        on mathamatics from long ago. Can’t have science without math.

• Hondo says:

Can’t have science without math.

Bingo. In fact, a good argument can be made that science is nothing more – or less – than an attempt to explain the real world using mathematical modeling that is also (hopefully) both accurate and predictive.

• Ex-PH2 says:

I told you guys math is a language unto itself.

• The Stranger says:

Sir Isaac Newton invented Physics (classical mechanics) and Calculus. And, yes, I know that what we now know as Calculus is based more on Liebnitz’s work, but Newton got there too. Can’t have one without the other.

It’s all well and good that Sir Isaac got credit for Physics and Calculus, Pappy, but he never got a cookie named after him. The cookie was named for his distant cousin, “Fig” Newton. 😉

4. SFC D says:

What in the actual fuck did I just read.

And didn’t the Arabs invent algebra? That makes it multi-cultural.

• 26Limabeans says:

Arabacus?

• Doc Savage says:

No, No….thats just “cultural appropriation”.
      Sarc/

• OWB says:

Had the same reaction. While they didn’t exactly invent math, the symbols used around the world to express “western math” were Arabic, iirc.

Just another teacher twisting her opinion into lies that make not an iota of sense.

Silly teacher.

• Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

IIRC, I read something to the effect that our numbers and numbering system was invented by the Hindus, and the muzzie Arabs stole (appropriated) it and spread it around their conquered satraps/caliphates (whatever).

• OWB says:

Sounds about right. Grade school was a very long time ago. Back then it wasn’t so important where the numbers originated but very important to use them correctly.

Oh, well.

• Ex-PH2 says:

See my post below on that subject. Algebra goes back to the Babylonians, although Al Jazeera claims otherwise.

Just waiting….

• timactual says:

Yep. and the 360 degree circle comes from the Babylonians.

Why, it seems like only yesterday when mathematics as we know it was created by culturally appropriating (stealing) it all from the third world originators. I wonder what’s on the agenda for next week?

5. LC says:

If we didn’t use ‘Western math’ (whatever that is), the same types would be screaming at some of us for cultural appropriation.

Some people just get so caught up in their cause that they can’t reason. It’s doubly worrisome when they’re PhD students and taught school kids for years.

• Ex-PH2 says:

I don’t know why they refer to it as Western math, LC. It is clearly ignorance and nothing else on their part.

See my comment below on the history of math, which started with the Babylonians and Egyptians 4,000 plus years ago. There is plenty of hard archaeological evidence to prove that, too.

I just hang onto ‘this, too, shall pass’ as a means of avoiding throwing heavy objects at the wall.

• Ret_25X says:

let’s not forget the Chinese contributions as well.

The use of a single universal numeral system was likely one of the greatest move forward in maths.

What Arabic (not Muslim) scholars contributed was the concept of zero, both as a concept and a numeral. This was known but had no representation in Latin (Roman) math.

Mathematics may be the one universal thing on earth. To argue otherwise is a form of mental illness.

Of course, these “thinkers” also believe that other scientific concepts are “cultural”.

I can’t wait to see how a society that rejects math, physics, biology, and botany actually works. I can see these dipshits dancing around in the dark, starving and in fear of “spirits”.

There was a culture that also rejected scientific concepts many centuries ago…no one can experience it though, because Romans built concrete structures on their villages and completely amalgamated them. Which is why I laugh at the French attempting to trace their culture back to the Gauls. It is called “Frankreich” for a reason.

• Hondo says:

Actually, an Indian mathematician named Brahmagupta is generally credited with the concept of zero as a number (vice simply a placeholder), and with developing rules for its use in calculation. He was from the Sindh region in what is today India and Pakistan, and did this prior to 628 AD.

His work predates that of the famous Arab mathematicians Al-Kwarizimi and Al-Kindi by about 200 years. The concepts appear to have been unknown in the Arabic world until Sindh was conquered by the Caliphate 40+ years after Brahmagupta’s death.

Indian mathematicians had also come up with the concepts of place value and 10 numeric symbols, and used these to represent all numbers in a systematic manner (e.g., decimal numbers) well before the year 700 – or well over 100 years before Arabic mathematicians popularized those ideas across the Levant, Mediterranean, and southern Europe. Those concepts also appear to have been introduced to the Arabic world after Sindh was conquered by the Caliphate.

• 26Limabeans says:

In radio communications a “long count” is from one to zero and back to one
            with zero being the tenth “number”.

• The Stranger says:

Just remember, there are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don’t!🤣

• SFC D says:

As I read this, I suddenly pictured Wilson explaining the concept of zero over Tim’s fence…

Holy shit…

Hondo is Wilson!

• SFC D says:

Silly, ignorant, unwoke me. I spent my life believing math is math. I’m so unenlightened.

• Deckie says:

“It’s doubly worrisome when they’re PhD students and taught school kids for years.”

Scary and sad thing is, they’ll be awarded the PhD regardless of how absolutely stupid they prove themselves and their dissertations to be. It’s guaranteed. That’s our education system today.

How about time? If it is 12 noon and you work
    for two hours, what time is it when you stop?

It depends.

• Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

Please be careful how you use that word (depends) around us senior citizens.

7. FuzeVT says:

This is almost too stupid to comment on. Almost. . .

8. AW1Ed says:

You knew this was coming.
    2+2=5

• Mason says:

Didn’t Commissar defend this not too long ago?

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yes, he did, he went to great lengths, including altering the whole number 2.0 to prove that 2+2 equals 5, because he is a lying sack of crap.

That was a year or so ago, and he had to lie to win the “game”, which means he’s as low in the swamp as anyone can get.

• MI Ranger says:

We are of course only basing this on “our” understanding of mathematics! Since we based math on a concept of pure numbers and not abstract or fluid numbers we come to the conclusion that adding and subtraction are nominative concepts.
          If we were to imply that addition and multiplication can be symbiotic where the whole is greater than the sum of all parts we can determine that 2+2 can = any number of outcomes depending on how we combine the two numbers and how they are related to one another. While homogeneous sets nearly always combine in symmetric groupings, non homogenous sets could combine logarithmically or at least asymmetrically.
          So while 2+2=5, 2+3=7.

• Hondo says:

One can also play games by varying the base for the number system in question, or the definitions of the symbols in use. Example: in base-3, assuming the symbols 0, 1, 2, =, and + have their conventional meanings 2+2=11.

However, 11 (base-3) is the quantity four (the successor to 3). Regardless of representation, that fact remains invariant in any arithmetic based on Peano’s axioms.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Here you go: some basic ideas about the REAL history of mathematics, from a more global, realistic viewpoint.

Counting on your fingers is the most basic form of body-tallying but the next step along is pointing to different parts of the body to refer to different quantities.

When exploring our Indigenous knowledges there are a plethora of myths to wade through from the ridiculous to the downright racist.
      When studying the counting systems of the Wurunjjeri people of Victoria, Australian anthropologist Alfred Howitt found that the system of counting on your fingers up to five was then continued on up the arm.

The numbers took on the often metaphoric names of the body parts for example: Number 7 is expressed by pointing to your forearm and given the name boibŭn meaning a small swelling like that of your forearm; number 8 is bud-darti meaning hollow like that of the inside of your elbow joint and number 9 is gengen dartchuk – the upper arm which takes its name from a strip of possum skin which is worn on the upper arm. Clever, hey?

If you can’t get that link to work, copy it to your search block.

And if we’re going to discuss such things, then we should address the use of mathematics as a language, especially with this dumb broad who seems to inhabit a limited view of a lot of things. Lack of information about the past, and honing prejudicial attitudes toward denying historical reality is not a good idea. I’m quite sure that this twit has no idea that computers use a language based on mathematics, and just takes it for granted that software, which can be broken down into binary coding and is the basis for all computer languages, is just some cutesy form of texting.

Just so you know, the guys at the Sprint store confirmed for me that SIRI is the mother of the HAL-3000 computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey, and agreed that HAL’s domicile was the long “tube” that connected the forward POD to the rest of the ship, and held enough memory to equal 5,000 Cray computers. And HAL, when Dave was debraining him, said “I’m afraid, Dave” because his coding was being reduced to binaries instead of the commlanguage he usually used. HAL was, however, considerably smarter than this bimbo Marshall, by a couple of parsecs.

If we’re going to talk about maths, mathematics is a language all its own. I wonder how this Extremely Dumb Broad would react if she ran into an alien civilization that speaks only in trig and calculus, and in fact, usually communicates in higher mathematics such as Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Abstract/Modern Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Game Theory, Number Theory, Topology, Complex Analysis, Combinatorics, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory and Vector Calculus.

We have a bunch of antique languages, such as the Bushman click languages and whistling languages like Silbo and Turkish bird language which are in danger of disappearing forever.

But she wouldn’t know about that because she’s so prejudiced she would likely just ignore it.

So there’s that part. The reality about algebra is that it goes back to the Babylonians and ancient Egypt: Algebra in Ancient History

Ancient Babylon and Egypt are the two places that were at the center of the development of algebra. Both of these civilizations used algebra in different ways and for different reasons, but it’s generally accepted that it was the Babylonians who first made basic use of algebra and pioneered its beginnings in the field of mathematics. There is evidence of this that dates back as far as 1900 to 1600 BC. The tablet known as the Plimpton 322 tablet displays Pythagorean triples and other forms of mathematics.

Babylonian algebra may have occurred in tandem with Egyptian algebra, but Babylonian algebra was much more advanced. They explored cubic and quadratic equations, whereas the Egyptians remained focused on linear equations, which are much more simple. They also had flexible operations, which the Egyptians had not yet developed or started to use. Things like factoring and using positive roots were all within their understanding.

There are a number of documents that remain from the ancient Egyptian period that show us that they used simple linear equations. But nothing has been found by historians that would suggest the Egyptians were at the same level as the Babylonians, even though the documents date back to the same period of time. The Egyptians did develop a method known as “false position”, which allows a wide variety of equations to be solved in an iterative fashion.
      – Source: https://www.mathtutordvd.com/public/Who-Invented-Algebra.cfm

If I ever run into Euclid and Pythagoras, I will pound them right into the ground.

Al-Jazeera likes to claim that it was Al-Kwarizmi, in the 9th century, but they claim a lot of other things besides that.

Ms. Marshall is indulging in the nonsensical crap that only someone pursuing a degree that she’ll never use engages in. She’s dancing on the phony guilt trip about having a low melanin level in her skin. I’m sure she doesn’t tan well, even with Bain de Soleil.

Any questions?

• 26Limabeans says:

One of my sisters was born with only a thumb and
        two fingers on her left hand.
        She wasn’t all that great at mathamatics but boy
        could she count in base eight.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Hey, didn’t she use her toes, too? I did. Kindergarten teacher told us to do that as homework.

9. Hack Stone says:

Now class, I would just like to state that algebra is inherently racist, and as a minority, you will never have the capability to understand and master it. Did I say master? I apologize for being so insensitive. Now that we have got that ugliness out of the wave, we will now watch Hidden Numbers, the inspirational true story of African American woman who were instrumental in the race to the moon by utilizing their skills in math.

• 26Limabeans says:

I used imaginary numbers a lot in my engineering career.

• The Stranger says:

It’s a crucial part of electrical engineering. AC power doesn’t make sense without the “j-operator”. The unenlightened use “i” instead to explain the same concept (square root of -1). More importantly, this, of course, answers the question that I asked on The Bernath Augered-In Thread. It IS indeed possible to give negative fucks. Just put a j-operator in front of your “fuck” and square it and it’s good to go.

• Hack Stone says:

Hidden Figures. Yet again, Hack Stone Publishing regrets the error.

• Mick says:

“…who were instrumental in the race to the moon…”

You said ‘race’.

TAH Admins: Hack’s insensitivity is appalling. He should be ‘canceled’.

If you can’t get that link to work, copy it to your search block.

– Source: https://www.mathtutordvd.com/public/Who-Invented-Algebra.cfm

Her lack of knowledge about the history of mathematics, and history in general is more than evident, and her personal prejudices are as plain as the egg on her face. If she’s this braindead, I sincerely hope that she never tries to get a job that requires real math skills, like working at a bank. She seems to be dumber than a bag of bent nails.

Any questions?

11. Hondo says:

Rutgers GSE – “Rutgers Graduate School of Education”.

So, she’s “studying” for a PhD in Education. Explains a lot – including the lack of common sense and inability to reason logically.

The sad part is she’ll likely get the degree, based on what I’ve seen relating to many “Education” degrees.

• Ex-PH2 says:

It seems that nowadays, having a degree from any college/university is what gets these idjits in the door, regardless of their ability to – oh, say, add a string of numbers or accurately write a report, no errors, in plain English and then actually translate it to some foreign language, without using a translator device.

This is what happens when a 1st grade curriculum is dumbed down to nothing but feeling good and fractions (2nd grade for me) only exist in the tablet or iPhone. It’s also the reason they have to pay someone to do their taxes for them, and never try to balance the checkbook, because nobody uses checks any more, right?

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Lobotomization and leftist indoctrination are an integral part of getting any Degree in Edjumukayshun these days.

• timactual says:

Well, she does have a master’s in Architecture. Maybe her buildings fell down.

12. penguinman000 says:

Algebra is elitist. Using letters in math discriminates against those who can’t read English.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Ah, but they aren’t ENGLISH letters at all. They are Roman letters based on the Greek alphabet. And the Greeks adapted the Semitic alphabet of the Phoenician writing system/alphabet.

Does that cancel that argument effectively, or should I did up more STUFF?

• MI Ranger says:

So you appropriated all of this!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Damn straight, I did. I’m also appropriating Old Norse because its modern version is spoken in Iceland, and then there’s my personal favorites: Scottish Gaelic, Irish Gaelic, Breton, Basque, Welsh, Sanskrit and Tamil.

• timactual says:

They use English letters in math? It’s all Greek to me.

• Anonymous says:

Careful, proggies will be saying literacy discriminates against illiterate people and must be eliminated shortly.

13. Twist says:

Ancient Mesopotamia is the first ones recorded to have discovered math. Someone needs to ask this so called “teacher” why she hates the accomplishments of brown people and watch her head explode.

• The Stranger says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      *Cough*
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      *Cough Cough*
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
      *Cough Cough* *GASP*
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

14. 11B-Mailclerk says:

“Ignorance is Bliss”

She must be very happy indeed.

15. Fjardeson says:

I remember when electrical connector pins used to be considered “male” or “female”, i.e. DB9F, DB25M. Somewhere in the 00’s it was changed to “pin” or “socket”. How many metric tons of electronics catalogs had to be reprinted for this nonsense? And us older electronics types STILL call em male or female.

• 26Limabeans says:

In early 70’s microwave benchwork we had “sexless” connectors.
      APC7, GR900 etc. Way ahead of the LBGQT crowd.

• Mason says:

I didn’t know they’d changed from male and female. I also remember having DB9/DB15 gender changers!

• Hack Stone says:

Did those connectors identify as male or female connectors?

It would be interesting to ask Joe Biden how many different gender connectors there are.

• timactual says:

I’ve still got a few. And some 8-inch floppies.

• SFC D says:

what about male/female plumbing fittings?

• NHSparky says:

They still are. God forbid you call a converter a “gender bender.”

Oh wait. Still do.

I wonder what Major Moonbat aka Commissar Seagull would be shitting out here if he was allowed? Oh well, that’s what you get when you piss the moderators off, but I was kinda looking forward to laughing at him again!

• The Stranger says:

He wouldn’t be able to keep up with any discussion involving mathematics, engineering, or technology. It would be funny and sad at the same time.

• Commissar says:

Nonsense.

AW1

• A Proud infidel®™ says:

Aww c’mon, you can do better than that!

But you have to give him credit for brevity. Personally, I think he is being held hostage somewhere. Antifa is likely already in receipt of a ransom demand.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

I’m guessing that Larsie had his 3,000 word screech condensed into a single word by AW1.

Hopefully AW1 didn’t loose too many brain cells doing that…

• AW1Ed says:

Work with me here, Proud. This is the only way I can keep a lid on the flame wars without banning Lars outright. For the rest of y’all, call this a successful test.

• Skyjumper says:

Thanks AW1Ed for the (at times) thankless job you have do here in handling an individual or two.

I’ve spoken my piece on this character and (hopefully) not going to waste anymore time or energy on this individual.

Waaay to many things to do around the Casa de Skyjumper….hug Sons & DIL’s, plant things & watch them grow (in some cases eat them), give & get crap from my retired Army buddies….life is good without dwelling on some sorry
              屁股 individual.

Have a great one, Ed.

• OWB says:

Thank you.

• timactual says:

LOL.
              Good on ya, mate.

• Ex-PH2 says:

That’s interesting… waiting until everyone else has gone and hit the rack?

This is sort of “pulling a wickre” on TAH. Really, really tacky. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

• Commie-Tsar says:

Don’t make me whip out my carefully massaged “empiric data” on you… I’ll tell my “friends” that you’re a bad, bad capitalist!

17. penguinman000 says:

When the likes of Noam Chomsky saying things like “…a new set of moral attitudes and political commitments that tend to weaken our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favor of ideological conformity.” you know the left has gone off the rails.

They are coming for you next Noam.

18. OWB says:

Dang it – I just saw a headline somewhere that Vindman was retiring, and whining, of course. The headline disappeared before I could read the article or observe where it was published. Maybe it was just wishful thinking…

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Maybe Vindman only sees his future career as a string of SLJO (Shitty Little Jobs Officer) assignments if he continues and sees a possible future as a babbling head at CNN or MSDNC if he retires and sucks enough dick afterward?

• thebesig says:

I had just posted about it before coming here and seeing this. :mrgreen: