About the Second Amendment

| June 1, 2020

Aftermath of the Philly Riot

Although the article is about The City of Brotherly Love (drive through it after midnight and feel all the love) it can pertain to many places here in the USofA. My entire state has some of the harshest gun laws on the books, and is “May Issue” to boot. That means unless one can convince a board of unelected officials one has a “good and substantial reason” to be armed, or be politically connected, there is exactly zero chance of obtaining a concealed carry permit. It’ll cost $200 USD just to try.
I was out and about today for reasons of necessity, and as such I was forced to travel through some of the sketchier parts of town. Was I armed?

The Riots Remind Us Why We Need the Second Amendment

By: KRIS W. KOBACH

For years, Philadelphia has been run by liberal progressives who oppose private gun ownership. In Philadelphia, a permit is required to carry a gun or transport one in a vehicle. Although Pennsylvania state law prohibits Philadelphia from enacting all of the gun control measures the city’s leaders wish, the city’s website reads like a gun control propaganda sheet.

The city’s progressive leaders believe that guns should not be widely owned by ordinary citizens. The protection of the city’s residents should be handled exclusively by the police department.

But what happens when the police are unable to protect the city’s residents? The entire theory collapses. That’s exactly what happened over the weekend in Philadelphia.

The looting and rioting escalated to the point where the police could not cover the city. In some parts of the city, looting was occurring without any police interference. In other places, police cars were hijacked or burned by the rioters. The Philadelphia Police Department asked for help from neighboring police departments in Montgomery County, Bucks County, and Abington Township, as well as the state police.

Times like this remind us just how important the Second Amendment is. When thousands of rioters loot and burn the businesses of innocent people, there’s only so much the police can do to protect them. And in cities like Philadelphia, the police were completely overwhelmed.

In other cities such as Minneapolis, business owners of all races were able to protect themselves with firearms. They stood on their property and made clear that they intended to defend it. Having a police officer five minutes away is of limited value when an Antifa thug is five seconds away.

This is doubly true when the rioters are not only threatening residents’ businesses, but also their homes. The possession of a firearm to defend oneself is literally a matter of life and death.

Read the rest of the article here: Breitbart

Category: ANTIFA, Gun Grabbing Fascists, Second Amendment

1. Old NFO says:

Which is why I live in Texas… 🙂

2. Does california have a Castle Doctrine??? I remember years ago which I think was in Alabama or one of the adjacent States, there was a hurricane and owners of certain businesses had signs on their windows saying that looters would be shot and I saw pics of guys up on the roof with weapons and their store was never looted but stores around the area that didn’t have their owners protecting them were looted.

• Commissar says:

Sort of.

You don’t have a duty retreat in your own dwelling.

But unlike other states you still have to show the person reasonably presented a deadly threat to you.

Most states it is almost always sufficient that they simply broke into your home to justify fear of your safety to shoot.

California case has was plenty of cases where that was not enough.

Though most states would prosecute you if you fired a killing shot against an incapacitated intruder.

So that whole “ make sure they are dead so they can’t sue, or so there is only your statement about what happened” that I have heard for years…is probably very bad advice.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Commissar, as I see it, YOU are the Seagull in this video while we are the cat. WE have worked all of our lives to earn what we have worked for while you peck on the glass trying to demand part of what we have earned, enjoy!!!

I will water my garden and flowers with the blood of mine enemies. You become my enemy when you threaten me or mine. I worked real hard for my material possessions and I intend on keeping and enjoying them. Too old to fight, too tired to run. What we are seeing happening today is exactly why the Framers put the 2A in the Constitution. And why you may need a weapon that will hold more than one round at a time.

Molon Labe…mofo!

4. akpual says:

My brother in law was to go to Penn Medicine today to see Dr. because of complications he is having with his recent lung transplant. Appointment was cancelled because of the riots. Does this mean if he dies I should hate all blacks?

5. akpual says:

BTW screw Tom “Jeep boy” Wolf

6. Bill says:

The day I reported for duty in Philthadelphia a photo of Frank Rizzo (Chief of Police) was on the front page of one of the photo rags of the time. He was in formal attire w/ a night stick in his cumberbund. He was quoted as saying “Not in my City”. It was ’69 and riots were the thing. Not in Philly. Cop vehicles were called Red Cars (because they were). When shit threatened red cars and (red) vans w/appropriate weaponry would appear-problem solved. Gunnery Sergeant Jimmy Ramp (USMCR) was one of philly’s finest-Korea vet and our comm chief- later Killed by ropeheads . Jimmy was first in the door on a raid to shovel the shit out. He’s “Guarding the Streets” now, and is on the Philadelphia Police Honor Roll. When I’d make casualty notifications a red car (or more) would be around the corner, ready to assist. We had many good Cops in 3rd Battalion, 14th Marines. philthadelphia was going downslope then, is all shit oozing into the shurkill river now. A formerly great (birthplace of the Marine Corps) town.

• Fyrfighter says:

From the bottom of my heart, i feel you Ed and Bill. I grew up just outside Philly, and Rizzo was the last good mayor they had.. no surprise the bags of shit tried to destroy his statue over the weekend. Over the years, the left has taken complete control, and given the city over to the savages.. (outside of south Philly. The Italian mob takes care of their own, and I promise you will not see any “skinnies” venture into that enclave, or they’ll be “sleeping with the fishes”… Outside of that the city is fucked! I have family nearby, and they were concerned enough last night that they even armed their women! (inside joke, but in this case, reality) The thug monkeys came into Upper Darby, but no further, because the antifa plan ( yes, they are organized seagull!) to go into the suburbs would have run into a wall of lead if they’d gone much further.
      Time to allow open season on traitors!

• David says:

I remember in the ’60s in St. Louis, occasionally someone would air the idea of stirring up trouble: but anywhere except Dago Hill… Anyone suggested a foray there, the answer to that was “are you CRAZY?”

7. Slow Joe says:

Did you guys hear that Rush talked to some losers that have a radio show called the racist club or something and that he was owned by libs?

What the hell is going on?

• UpNorth says:

I haven’t heard that, but, more telling, it’s not all over the DNCMedia, so it’s extremely doubtful that anything like that happened.

• 26Limabeans says:

I listened to him expain why he addressed them
      in an attempt to open a dialog. They treated
      him like shit and he knew they would but the
      attempt was made nonetheless.

There is no dialog with Communists et al.
      They need to be wiped off the planet.
      Just wait until they feel brave enough to
      leave their shithole cities in ruin and try
      to spread this shit beyond the Urban Compact Line.

8. ninja says:

Slow Joe:

It is called “The Breakfast Club”. Please read this article as well as the article provided by our 11B-Mailclerk:

“Rush Limbaugh, Charlamagne Tha God spar over white privilege during ‘Breakfast Club’ conversation: ‘You’re being delusional'”

• The Other Whitey says:

Dude calls himself “tha (really? ) god.”

I’m sorry, is anybody supposed to take this guy seriously? How, exactly?

• Fyrfighter says:

Come on TOw, you know that people do take him seriously, and you know exactly who that group is… sad but true…
        BTW, I hear there’s multiple FDNY units being attacked. If the city / tate doesn’t step in to protect them with lethal force, they need to stay home. NONE of these scum are worth dying for.
        I’d ask everyone here to offer up a prayer for the police and firefighters that are going into harms way to protect people from this attempted revolution.
        And in case anyone wonders, Tom wolf is a fetid bag of fuck!

• Slow Joe says:

Why talk to people that begin with the premise that America is an evil racist dictatorship.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

I was raised by a very far left parent. Several people offered reasonable discussions and evidence. I escaped a lifetime of service to evil and stupid.

That is why we make the attempt. It works. And the remaining irrational folks are reduced in power.

“Hey. That (white dude) agrees that Floyd was wrongly killed.” (Insert nagging doubt. Narrative lie detected. Investigate…)

Limbaugh was speaking to, and attempting to persuade, the audience.

9. USAFRetired says:

My father’s side of the family is from Pennsylvania. My grandfather died 35 years ago. He lived in the oil patch south of Bradford. I’m not sure what the rules with regard to open carry were in that particular rural county, but one of the things that amazed me was going into the Bank with him for a transaction at the teller while he had a M1917 revolver in a holster on.

It was also routine when we were out and about fishing the local trout streams to carry pistols.

10. The Other Whitey says:

Two of my Sister-in-Laws called today asking for my assistance in purchasing weapons. My Mother-in-Law also wants the capacity to return fire. She and my Father-in-Law, who hasn’t fired a round since 1979, have already experienced defenselessness in the face of violent leftists. They’re not too keen on repeating the experience.

• Fyrfighter says:

I’m with ya TOW. My 83 y/o mother in law asked me to review the use of weapons in the house. Not much chance these beta pussy savages will show up in my AO, but if they do, it’ll be a damn bad day for them. She gets around on a cane, but I promise she’d stack these losers like cordwood if they threatened her daughter or grandson…

11. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

A TAH favorite has a message for roiters:

12. Comm Center Rat says:

“Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast” ~ Machine Head

13. Mason says:

Polk County, FL sheriff speaks in support of the Second Amendment.

Wonder how many violent riots Polk Co is seeing?