Lead investigator in Green Beret murder case pleads guilty to stolen valor charges

| December 1, 2019 | 37 Comments

Sgt. 1st Class Mark A. Delacruz has pleaded guilty to wearing a Purple Heart he didn’t earn, and other charges (Defense Department)

HMCS(FMF) ret. sends us an incriminating article about the Army Criminal Investigation Command agent assigned to Maj. Mathew Golsteyn’s murder case has pled guilty for wearing unearned awards and qualifications.

Sgt. 1st Class Mark Delacruz, an Army Criminal Investigation Command agent assigned to Golsteyn’s case, has been charged with four specifications of “intent to deceive.” According to the charges against Delacruz, he claimed he earned a Purple Heart and falsely wore a Combat Action Badge and other awards. The charges state “such conduct is of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces.”

By: Todd South

In a statement, Criminal Investigation Command (CID) confirmed that Delacruz, a special agent assigned to the Fort Bragg CID Office, had been charged with “the unauthorized wear” of four awards and falsifying promotion files. “He has been suspended from duty since the allegations came to light in late 2018,” said the statement.

Delacruz admitted he had falsely submitted a Purple Heart in his official military file and then certified that file was correct when sending it to the official promotion board for E-7 and above.

He also admitted that he wore the Air Assault Badge, Pathfinder Badge and Purple Heart he did not earn and wore them in an official Army photo that was also submitted in his official file.

Delacruz was reduced in rank from sergeant first class, E-7, to specialist, E-4. No information was immediately available as to whether he would face other consequences.

He could not be reached for comment.

Golsteyn was accused of fatally shooting a suspected ISIS bomb-maker in Marjah, Afghanistan. He was subsequently charged by the U.S. military with premeditated murder. President Trump has ended the decade-long case of Maj. Matthew Golsteyn by ordering a murder charge against the former Green Beret dismissed with a full pardon.

Thanks, Senior Chief. The entire article may be found here:

Army Times

Category: Afghanistan, Army, Guest Link, Isis, Legal, Purple Heart

1. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Another barge load of KUDOS to President Trump for the Pardon and as to Delacruz, I hope he ends up being a detail bitch in some Line Unit, fuck him sideways with broken glass dildos until the end of time!

2. Commissar says:

A pardon is not a dismissal of the murder charge. A pardon includes an admission of guilt. Everyone being pardoned is guilty of the crime for which they are pardoned. By definition.

That is why, occasionally, someone will turn down a pardon.

• ninja says:

Commissar:

Am confused.

What does what you wrote have anything to do with the article that HMCS(FMF) ret shared and AW1Ed posted?

🤔

• AW1Ed says:

US Legal.com

Pardon is the action of the executive to mitigate or set aside the punishment for a crime. In the U.S., the President has the power to grant pardon in federal offences and the governors, and the board of pardon is authorized to grant pardon in the states. By pardoning an offender, the individual is fully forgiven from all the legal consequences of the crime and its conviction.

Parole is the conditional release of a person convicted for a felony. The release should be before the expiration of the person’s imprisonment term. Parole is normally, provided to a person under the supervision of the Board of Paroles and Pardons. On violation of the imposed conditions the convicted person has to resume the imprisonment upon cancellation of parole. Parole allows a convicted person to complete the sentence in the community.

• Commie-Tsar says:

ORANGE. MAN. BAD.
      ORANGE. MAN. BAD.
      ORANGE. MAN. BAD.

3. ninja says:

Rhectorical:

When will some folks learn that wearing Qualification Badges they did not earn does not make them a better Soldier than others.

Or worse, wearing and claiming the Purple Heart.

Embellishment.

“Look At Me”.

A sad need for Attention, most likely from other Hiccups in that person’s life, trying to overcome shortcomings.

🤔

4. In past comments I mentioned about how much of a screw up I was on board the OKIE 3 before I got myself
    AJ F…in Squared away, and took 3 years to get my MM3 crow, but I left before I was able to wear it, so before I went to my first inactive monthly reserve meeting, I had it sewed on and when I got checked in, the PO in charge sees the crow and wants to know who authorized it and I told him that I passed the Practical factors/test etc and would be able to wear it. Looked like the paperwork never made it to the reserve center so after he contacted the proper people and got the paper work authorizing the wearing of the crow, it was ok. Before I left the ship, I was asked to ship over but declined gracefully and was very happy that I was asked to be part of the team. When she left Norfolk NOB, for home port Dago and ops in SE Asia, nothing but racial problems and mary jane use aboard from returning Marines bringing the stuff on board. A month or two ago, I find out from one of the V 3 Div. guys I keep in contact with says that one of the V 3 guys he keeps in contact with has one of the agent orange illnesses.

5. Club Manager, USA ret. says:

CID had a couple really sorry CWO sonovabitches for agents at Redstone Arsenal when I was an Army civilian there in the late 80’s. So this is no surprise. Figure the soldier was embellishing his promotion folder with the hope of joining the other sorry ass agents who profess to be righteous. While there are some good agents, it is these few who discredit them.

6. Inbred Redneck says:

Should’ve been “that many guys” instead of “than”. Now it’s obvious why I didn’t go to OCS. ;^)

7. Anonymous says:

Plus confinement and being made to squeal like a pig in Leavenworth…

8. Mustang Major says:

Glad to see the punishment took him down to E4 and retained him. He will have a chance to think about his poor decisions every remaining day of his army service when he is put on police call, CQ runner, and being asked why he is the oldest E4 on post. Given his lower income, he may even have to move back into the barracks. Justice well served.

9. Devtun says:

Sergeant no class. Career, pension, and VA benefits gone bye bye.

10. redc1c4 says:

as a career SP4 (19 years, 11 months TIG) with the CA ARNG, all good time, with nothing more than a counseling statement, this POS needs to be drummed out as an E-1, only because there is no E-0.

F him, sideways, with a tankers bar wrapped in rusty concertina wire.