Guess who else is boycotting the SOTU

| January 30, 2018

71-year-old Democrat Corrine Brown reported to the minimum security prison at the Coleman Federal Correction Complex in central Florida to begin her five year sentence yesterday;

She was accused of using money from a charity for poor students as a personal slush fund.

In May, a federal jury convicted her on charges including fraud and lying on her tax returns and on her congressional disclosures.

Brown is appealing her conviction, saying it was wrong for the trial judge to dismiss a juror who claimed the “Holy Spirit” told him she’s innocent.

Category: Congress sucks

1. Claymore says:

I laughed way too hard at this…

2. Brown Neck Gaitor says:

Now THAT is who should have given the response.

White and grey stripes is tre fashionable!

3. Graybeard says:

Corrine Brown in white-and-grey
    Will miss the gathering today
    Of politicians, left and right
    And analysts in all their might.

She’s in a cell, all cold and bare
    Sitting in her underwear
    Thinking that its most unfair
    She’s Famous! She should not be there!

Reality has paid a call
    The message written on the wall
    A criminal she is, that’s all.
    Sweet Schadenfreude is her fall.

• ChipNASA says:

Motherfucking wordsmith you are. I bow to your greatness.

• Graybeard says:

Thank you. Thank you very much, ChipNASA.

From time to time the Muse still takes pity on me. It’s a different form of getting lucky with a woman, I guess.

• E4 Mafia For Life. says:

I could almost hear the jailhouse blues on harmonica or juice harp. Alas, she has deflated her lungs with hot air.

4. Non Cedo Ferio says:

I find it ironic that she claimed that while she was on the House Veterans Committee that she had done her own reconnaissance. Of all Florida VA facilities and not one single error could be found. Turns out about that time the Gainesville VA hospital was found to have a handwritten paper w over 200 vets on a secret waiting list. Illegals were found living Ina vacated area of one facility. So I guess her recon was faulty. It was a travesty to serve in any capacity that involved Veterans. Bye Felicia !!

5. AW1Ed says:

Is she in the Martha Stewart wing of Club Fed?

6. John Seabee says:

Well Played Jonn. Well played indeed sir.

7. Atkron says:

Too bad they didn’t send her to a Club Fed up north in the snowy reaches of New York instead of in her home state.

• The Other Whitey says:

Wouldn’t it be nice if political corruption could be made a capital offense subject to capital punishment?

8. Combat Historian says:

So when is Maxie Waxie and Sheila Jackson “I bettah be booked FIRST CLASS!!!” Lee gonna follow this bitch into federal prison ???

9. AnotherPat says:

She is now known as #67315-018 at the FCI Coleman Medium, Sumterville, Florida:

10. OWB says:

Is it true that she was allowed no rhinestones or hats????

So help me, I did a spit take. I swear for, just a brief moment, I thought that was Maxine.

I am a bad person for even thinking such nasty thoughts…?

12. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Enjoy jail, Corrine… and just ignore that big, old bull dyke with the 14″ “tool” that the girls call “Strap-on Sally”

13. MCPO NYC USN Ret. says:

I will miss her, she is like funny as all get up.

Everything that ever came out of her blow hole was jacked up backwards or just plain zannie schitz!

Ah …

14. Keepin' It Real says:

Can someone explain this to me – how can Maxine Waters deliver a response to the SOTU when she is boycotting it?

• AnotherPat says:

Because she has rocks in her head instead of a brain that are covered by a wig?

Poooor Maxine..

😎

15. Wilted Willy says:

Fuck that old whore!

16. FatCircles0311 says:

Well you know somebody will be crying their eyes out tonight.
    🤣👌

17. A Proud Infidel®­™ says:

But she be put in jail beekuz da man is RAYCISSS!

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

As an “honorary” black person, you should be saying “DA MAN”, not “da man”.

No go watch two days of blackxploitation movies to get youselves egumikated.

18. 2/17 Air Cav says:

“On Tuesday night, President Trump delivers his State of the Union address, as have scores of presidents before him.” So reads the lead line from a WaPo piece giving a condensed history of the State of the Union address. Read it again, if you like. What’s wrong with the sentence? (I love this kind of stuff.) Read no more of this if you want not to see my answer.

According to the esteemed writer, scores of Trump’s predecessors in office have done two things. For one, they, like Trump, delivered a State of the Union Address on Tuesday night. For another, and this is truly remarkable, they delivered Trump’s State of the Union Address. English is a tough language.

• OWB says:

The writer’s math skills may not be much better than the writing skills. That’s a whole bunch of prescient previous presidents.

• Perry Gaskill says:

Thank you, Oberstrumbannfuhrer 2/17 of the Grammar Gruppen Polizei. The fact the speech is unique to Trump is implied and doesn’t have to be stated explicitly. Would it make sense for Trump to be giving Herbert Hoover’s speech or vice versa? Too, journalists normally get cut some slack in the interest of brevity for a general readership. It’s not like the legal profession where every single component needs to be spelled out in anal-retentive detail.

Also, if we’re going to play the game of journalist whack-a-mole, it might be helpful to point out copy-desk terms. The term “lead line,” for example, is more commonly referred to in news stories simply as the “lede.” The reason for this is to separate it from the old typographical printer measure used to separate lines of metal type.

Just pointing this out for the sake of discussion, 2/17. It’s nice to have you back by the way…

• 2/17 Air Cav says:

Perry: I knew that if no one else responded to my comment, you would, and you did not disappoint. I was looking forward to it. Yes, I was playing the part of grammar Nazi, something I reserve for the work of professional writers, especially those whose work appears in the WaPo or the NYT. I would never look at comments here, for instance, through the same lens. A professional writer’s work is prepared well in advance of its publication and has benefit of an editor’s eyes. In this instance, I like to think the editor said, “Well, there is some comical ambiguity in there, but William Safire is dead, and I doubt anyone else would catch it.” And that’s the long and the short of it, Perry. It’s my idea of fun, which explains why I don’t get invited to many parties.

• Ex-PH2 says:

2/17 AirCav, you can come to any parties I throw, any time. Sloppy writing in the news, as it is presented today, hits my ‘Editor’ button. I understand and condone your passion. Keep it up.

I will send all my manuscripts to you to edit for me. I can never find my own mistakes. I am sad.

• Graybeard says:

Y’know, ever since my (very brief) stint as a HS English teacher, I’ve had an urge to take a red ink pen to many of the things I have read one-line and in print.

That, combined with my urge to correct the logic and challenge the assumptions of authors, due to my training in logic, can make me very unwelcome in many circles.

But in our family, we have a ton of fun with it.

19. jeff monroe says:

Yep It was The Holy Spirit who said she was innocent of screwing poor minority kids !! Damn her to hell!

20. Hondo says:

With apologies to Bo Carter (who first recorded it) and John Kay and Steppenwolf (on whose version the following alternate lyrics are based):

Corrina, Corrina

Corrina, Corrina
    Girl, you’ll be gone so long
    Corrina, Corrina
    Girl, you’ll be gone so long

Locked away in the Federal pen
    Be years before you go home

Had an office in Congress
    Had her a staff and bling
    Had an office in Congress
    Had her a staff and bling

But she got caught defrauding
    Now prison’s her new thing

Corrina, Corrina
    Fraud was on you mind
    Corrina, Corrina
    Got caught cheatin’ and lyin’
    Every time you see those bars
    I know you’ll feel like cryin’

(smile)

21. MCPO NYC USN Ret. says:

Last night on Tucker:

The guy who talks like Mr. Rogers, former governor of MD … O’Malley, claimed last night that both of his immigrant grandfathers fought in WWI in 1925 … Tucker’s response was priceless. I saw it, cringe-worthy!

C Hughes‏
    @c9hughes

Replying to @TuckerCarlson
    @MartinOMalley said his immigrant relatives fought in WW1 in 1925. Tucker’s response; “They were the only ones”.

22. 2/17 Air Cav says:

No doubt he still harbors hope for a presidential run. He screwed himself in 2008 when he opted to back Wide Load and run her Maryland campaign. The D nominee and ultimate winner–what’s his name, the guy with the typical-white-woman grandmother—was not happy. So, MOM’s hope for a D.C. job was lost. He now needs to some attention to garner some name recognition for 2020 or 2024.

• Bernie Hackett says:

Damn! Marty O’Mouthy is losing it! I missed this- I don’t enjoy watching the dimocrat party line applied to everything. Maybe he can get the band back together. I assumed he was back being a lawyer of some sort, biding his time ’til they need another pretty boy to run for some elected office.

23. 2/17 Air Cav says:

“to some attention to garner some” If you followed that, see a doctor. Today.

24. AnotherPat says:

Not good:

“Train Carrying GOP Lawmakers Slams Into Truck — Emergency Response On Scene, 1 Fatality Confirmed”