Why Yes I Do Have a Purple Heart, Why Do You Ask?

| June 11, 2021

The Bradentown Herald carried an OpEd written by the police chief, William Tokajer, weighing in on the controversy surrounding someone parking in a parking spot designated for a Purple Heart recipient.  He equated this to stolen valor.

The person, Frank McAndrews, could not produce a DD-214, nor did he know what that was – but that didn’t stop him from writing a letter calling for the police chief’s job citing the police chief’s “meanness.”

Holmes Beach has become ‘mean.’ It’s time to fire the police chief | Letter to the editor

June 10, 2021

The meanest beach town in Florida is Holmes Beach.

Yes, that’s the new slogan being thrown around town and confirmed by the Manatee County Commission as it refuses to give the city $283,000 in tourist dollars. Look no further than the involvement of police Chief William Tokajer in this mess . His authoritarian approach to parking and many other issues continues to give Holmes Beach a bad reputation. His imperious nature, spy cameras, nasty signs confronting visitors and many past mistakes make it time for him to go.

And now his actions are costing our businesses money. Enough. t’s time to fire this individual. He is simply not in synch with the culture of our county and town. Fire the chief!

Frank McAndrews
Bradenton

The police chief wrote in and responded.

Holmes Beach police chief refutes accusation of ‘meanness’ | Letter to the editor

June 10, 2021

I am writing this in response to the letter to the editor posted in your paper, “Holmes Beach has become ‘mean.’ It’s time to fire the police chief.”

The individual who wrote the letter was issued a parking ticket for parking in a Purple Heart designated spot. After receiving the ticket he approached the officer who wrote the ticket ask the officer if he was the issuer of the ticket. The officer said yes and asked the man if he was a Purple Heart recipient from the military. The man said, yes, he was.

The officer then asked what branch of the military he was in. The man said the Army. The officer asked what his MOS was. The man said he didn’t remember. The officer then again asked him, did you receive a Purple Heart. The officer asked what his MOS was. The man said he didn’t remember. The officer then again asked him did you receive a Purple Heart. And did it show that he received a Purple Heart on his DD 214. The man said he did not know what a DD 214. The officer then said you didn’t know what a DD 214 was so you were not in the military. The man then said you’re right.

The man then came to the police department to try and get me to void the ticket. When I told him that I would not void the ticket as he was illegally parked and lied to the officer. I further told him that him saying he received a Purple Heart could be viewed as stolen valor. The Purple Heart designated spot is reserved for Veterans who served in our beloved military who received a Purple Heart for being wounded in action. Anyone else who parks in the spot will receive a citation, as he did.

William L. Tokajer
Chief of Police
Holmes Beach

Accept what I say or you are a “meanie.”

Category: Purple Heart, Stolen Valor, Stolen Valor Act

1. John Seabee says:

YAY Chief. Someone who has a SET.

2. Smitty says:

Good questioning by the cop. Sometimes when I am asked for money by a “vet”, I will ask, “what was your unit?” If he hesitates, I walk away. Next time I’ll try the MOS question.

Smitty,
      You’ll have a blast in Atlantic City.
      More if you travel to AC via Baltimore.
      Black hats with yellow letters all over.

Locally, the Veteran Parking spots at Lowe’s are respected,
      that is, until the lot is full.
      25 year olds (male AND female)
      who weigh in at 300 lbs use them as their own personal spot, because…
      “I’m too fat to walk an extra 50 yards”

• MCPO USN says:

^^This^^

I just say “How long was your fat ass in the military before they kicked you out”.

My wife says I can sometimes be an asshole…I tell her it comes with the rank.

• STSC(SW/SS) says:

If they say Navy Veteran ask for their NEC.

• NECCSeabeCPO says:

You know they have changed that book like three different times in past five years. It’s crazy. I have 10 different NEC’s. So I could tell you 90BS,90CS,90NI, and bet you couldn’t tell me shit. I could also use my SW, BU and EA NEC, you still wouldn’t get my exact rate,then there are the other Special NEC’s not connected to a rate.
        9598, 9502

3. USAF RET says:

If he says Air Force it is “AFSC”

4. The Other Whitey says:

I once dealt with a whiskey-tango asswipe who claimed to be a decorated combat veteran of the Korean War. Then he gave me his birthdate, confirmed by his DL…in 1954. Then he got all pissy when I called bullshit. I asked how exactly he was fighting in a war that ended a year before he was born. He resorted to “Well, fuck you, man! You don’t know!”

“Yeah, I do actually. Korea ended in ‘53. So fuck you instead.”

• Claw says:

TOW, now I’m not trying to be a smart-ass, but from 1966 to 1974 while the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal was authorized for service in Korea, if all the planets and stars in the universe lined up right, Army Infantry personnel who got into a fire fight up at the DMZ were eligible to receive both the Combat Infantry Badge and if wounded, the Purple Heart.

Claw,
        Correct.
        Certainly, barking out “DMZ” is a lot easier
        then the argument The Other Whitey encountered.
        99.9% likelihood the 1954 WT AW was FOS, and deserved the SFUI.

• MustangCryppie says:

All recognition is Richly deserved if you got into a firefight and were wounded on the DMZ, but I can’t imagine any service member who served in Korea after 1953 would say they are a vet of the Korean War. This guy was either a moron, an asshat, or both.

• Anonymous says:

He would’ve been 18 in ’72, so it’s theoretically possible… but not all that likely.

5. Green Thumb says:

I wonder if they have a Purple Heart parking space at All-Points Logistics?

Now that would be an interesting conversation.

• Green Thumb says:

And if you parked there and did not have a PH, then “Turd” Bolling of Ambassador Worldwide Protection Agency (both national and international) could give you the ticket.

I mean, its private property and all and “Turd” Bolling with his extensive experience in the Military Forces probably has the security contract with All-Points Logistics.

• Hack Stone says:

Love Thomas Bolling, affectionately known as Turd Bolling, Of Ambassador Worldwide Protection Agency. Check out the Yelp reviews on them. He is more than qualified to provide VIP Security Detail to senior executives at All Points Logistics.

Green Thumb,
      That 1 space by the front door is marked Navy SEAL Parking.

6. Anonymous says:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

7. OWB says:

Wow – that Frank clown is a real piece of work. Being a lying valor thief certainly sets him up to opine about anyone who questions him as a meanie. Uh-huh.

Meanwhile, any one of those tourists who earned a Purple Heart is free to use the designated parking space. Frank may even think before parking in one next time and maybe decide to not do it. He can always write another letter complaining about all those meanies who correctly identify him as a lying PoS.

Way to go, Frank. If making yourself into a clown and an idiot was your goal you have succeeded masterfully.

8. UpNorth says:

Too bad there wasn’t a picture, so Frank McAndrews could become “famous”.

9. MarineDad61 says:

Ha!
    The Google of Fu on “Frank McAndrews” reveals!
    The pan calling the kettle handler…. nurse.

[Bradenton resident Frank McAndrews took exception
    to the elected officials’ depiction of panhandlers.

“In my experience I’ve never encountered inappropriate behavior”
    from panhandlers, McAndrews said.]

Bonus – 2 hour meeting link on the Tube of You,
    if anyone wants to find Frank RN wag his swag.

Jul 31, 2019

• MarineDad61 says:

Found it. Tube of You link cued to 1:44:44.
      Oh, this is good.
      Frank McAndrews’ 3 minute council speaking op can be added to this story.

Frank McAndrews’ has an uncanny resemblance to David Letterman,
        if Letterman went back to shaving.
        Who we know, had his own driving problems in Florida,
        causing serious permanent injuries,
        and then lawyering up, and getting a media cover up, too.

• Carlton says:

I wish I had read your post before I added my 0.02

* Facepalm *

10. Daisy Cutter says:

They need to create an NDSM reserve parking space.

• 26Limabeans says:

And make it Van Accessable both sides.

• Claw says:

It’s all good. There’s at least two states (Maryland and Texas) who issue a NDSM license plate./s

• ChipNASA says:

Being a PRoMD resident AND having received (toot toot!!!!) multiple awards of BOTH of decorations of which they offer license plates, the NDSM and then MSM< I took the MSM for the vehicle tags.
        It had fewer letters to remember. 😀 😀 😀

11. E4 Mafia 83-87 says:

Florida has “Veterans Parking” spots, but I don’t use them as an able-bodied 55 year old. Lots of military Vets around here that could use the closer space because of other disabilities and age. This guy is just your typical douche nozzle looking to cash in on something he didn’t earn.

• STSC(SW/SS) says:

They should have towed his car and taken it to the impound lot. There some “unknown damage” to the vehicle would be found and when he claimed the vehicle he would get a nice surprise.

• Green Thumb says:

+100.

12. ninja says:

The Frank McAndrews voice on this podcast sure sounds similar to the Frank McAndrews on the YOUTUBE video that MarineDad61 provided:

“COASTAL RAIBBOW FORUM – STEVE RYAN”

“98 JOE BIDEN – FRANK MCANDREWS
    27:47
    March 8th 2020”

On the podcast, McAndrews explains why he has been a lifelong Democrat and why he supported Biden in the 2020 election.

Some information on the Coastal Raibbow Forum:

“COASTAL RAIBBOW FORUM – STEVE RYAN”

“A Forum that interviews interesting people for their perspectives on local, regional, and international issues that impact the LGBTQIA Community. Included are many personal 1st person stories which shows why the struggle for LGBTQIA rights must continue. We will also report on issues and local events that directly impact the Florida West Coast LGBTQIA Community.”

13. MarineDad61 says:

BTW, correct spelling TOKAJER.

• Steve Balm says:

Corrected, along with supplying a photo of McAndrews from the YouTube video.

Thanks for your efforts.

• MarineDad61 says:

for catching relevant crappy news stories
        about crappy phonies.
        🙂

14. KoB says:

Order of the Purple Taint?

PHUQUE OFF, Frank McAndrews, you lying POS. And just keep PHUQUEING OFF until you can’t PHUQUE OFF any PHUQUEING FURTHER! Nothing worse than a phuqueing lying POS standing in the Blood and on the bodies of Honorable Warriors that have been WIA or KIA. May the Barbed Co@k of Satan torment you for all Eternity as your worthless soul burns in Hell.

15. Tallywhagger says:

If Bernath had had a son…

Tallywhagger,
      It’s more like his Florida brother… from another Oregon mother.
      Only 88 miles apart, these 2.

• MarineDad61 says:

Note – Bernath’s National Cemetery tombstone is a LIE.
        Forced to military service truth,
        but engraved with “LIVED LIFE WELL”
        preserving the suck of false and phony for eternity.

Where’s the photo of the crashed plane atop the grave? I always loved that one.

Rgr1480,
          I keep the photo of this plane in the Susquehanna River,
          with the TMI cooling towers in the background.
          Not that Bernath could have ever pulled off a river landing.

That Piper Malibu is an aircraft that far exceeds Bernasty’s flying skilz. He wouldn’t even know how to start its turboprop engine, let alone take it into the air.

• ChipNASA says:

Ask and ye shall receive…
          Linky bit I can’t post photos. Mason or Ed will have to make it magically appear….
          I won’t exactly take credit directly for creating this, well, kinda maybe, likely sort of but well…. 😉

Bernath Headstone

ChipNASA,
            Classic.
            There’s only 2 National Cemetery graves I wouldn’t mind gracing with some pink paint, and Bernath is 1 of them.

16. Martinjmpr says:

Sorry, Frank, but the DoD doesn’t award the purple heart to civilians for being butt hurt.

17. Martinjmpr says:

Personally I think reserved parking spaces for anything other than handicapped are unnecessary but I have to admit a few years back when I was out on my motorcycle I happily rolled into the “Retiree Parking” space in front of the main PX at Fort Carson.

It was right next to the “Reserved for CSM/SGM” space so I really felt like a big shot. 😀

• Green Thumb says:

You should have parked there anyway.

When asked, you should have just responded: “I was a CSM in a former life”.

They cannot prove otherwise.

18. Martinjmpr says:

Now that I think about it, I think Frank’s mistake was a reasonable one.

Most likely he confused “purple heart”, the decoration for those wounded in combat, with the “purple nurples”, “wedgies” and “swirlies” he undoubtedly received in Junior High.

• Green Thumb says:

If you ask me, we have a new version of Paul-mer (of the ballsck) Wickre in the making here.

Just saying….

• ChipNASA says:

Dude, I hate to disagree, AND not only that, I just think this guy has not even got one of Psul’s stones much less both.
        Psul is irreplaceable.
        I miss Chew toy Psul and his odiferous spandex.
        I’ll never have the joy some here have had driving down Wilson Lane in Bethesda,(where I grew up) searching aimlessly for a door-less mail receptacle.

19. Claw says:

Hmmm, Frank McAndrews doesn’t know what a DD214 is. That makes one wonder just what he was doing when on 01 Dec 69 when the big Viet of the Nam draft numbers were pulled, why his number of 072 didn’t come up.

After all, the highest number called for induction was 195.

• KoB says:

He was probably getting his taint bruised, Claw.

• David says:

Well, if he was born after ’55, he wasn’t drafted. Last draft was ’73, so he could be draft exempt and still look as he does. I’d say he looks about 60? And living life as a dickhead has to wear on you some.

• Claw says:

Looked him up. Public info. Birth year ’49. That’s how I came up with his lottery number.

• MCPO USN says:

Rejected for anatomical abnormality, had his head up his ass. And evidently it was never removed.

• David says:

Claw – theory stands corrected by new data. Maybe he went the Biden/Trump route… maximun student exemptions followed by a BS doctor’s evaluation for bee sting allergy, asthma, bone spurs, or similar BS.

• Anonymous says:

1-Y for being “different” or at least claiming to be…

• ninja says:

Claws: Well, he did do an interview with the COASTAL RAIBBOW FORUM, which focuses on the LGBTQIA Community….

😎😉

20. ninja says:

Another “Frank” lying about being a recipient of a US Military award?

Who remembers Frank “Bloodsport” Dux? He claimed to have received a Purple Heart:

And “Forgin” Frank Visconi? Who could ever forget his “1969 Purple Heart Certificate” that was “typed” using the ITC Edwardian Script Fonts…fonts that were created in 1994?

And Frank “Donkey Dick” Harwell, phony Navy Seal?

And of course, the beloved Major Frank Burns, who was awarded two (2) Purple Hearts: One for throwing his back out while dancing with Margaret and the other for getting an shell fragment (an egg-shell fragment) in his eye.

😉😎

• Claw says:

Re: All the Franks listed, I offer up a quote from our own Green Thumb:

“Assclown”

“Frank, I have seen farts that are more solid than you.”

21. AW1 Rod says:

Some guys have nothing better to do after retirement than become a dick-with-ears. Frank McAndrews is such a guy.

22. Wilted Willy says:

Please let us not forget my dear pos lying sack of shit brother and his Purple Heart claim that he has been getting his PTSD 100% disability check every month for over 30 years. Oh how I wish somebody would please put his ass in prison!! I can only hope somebody will do this for me before I die!!!
    Thanks All

• ChipNASA says:

YES!!! PRAYING FOR JUSTICE!!!
      I want one day to revel in your success!!!
      Love seeing you back on WW you crusty old fucker!!
      😀 😀 XOXO

• 26Limabeams says:

Good to hear ya WW.
      I also have a male sibling problem that is service ( or I should say lack of) related. I say “sibling” because brother is too nice a word.

Never forget Fort Monmouth…

23. President Elect Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH Neanderthal B Woodman Domestic Violent Extremist SuperStraight says:

You’d think that a person (I hesitate to call “it” a “man”) of his advanced years (as evidenced by the chrome dome), but not necessarily maturity, would know enough to not do what he did, and then bitch about it when caught. But NOOOOOOO…….some people have to learn the “mule” way, by getting smacked upside the head with a 2×4.

• ChipNASA says:

I like how he decided to go FULL PUBLIC ASSHOLE about it and then got absolutely PUBLICALY OWNED 😀 *tears*

PETDRSAHNBWDVESS,
      We can predict,
      that Bernath’s fellow Floridian will likely go Bernathian,
      and this won’t be the mules last dance in the bull ring.

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW*, pooow widdwe snowflake Frank McAndrews got caught playing a con game and got pissy when it came time to pay the piper, PISS on him and serious KUDOS to William L. Tokajer, the Chief of Police in Holmes Beach for not putting up with McAndrews’s horse shit!

A Proud Infidel@,
      Can I put this here,
      specifically for Frank McAndrews,
      for when he does an eponymous Google Fu,
      and finds this page?

25. The Stranger says:

For using a parking space set aside for Purple Heart recipients under false pretenses and for then being a whiny little bitch after getting a ticket, I hereby nominate this Magnificent Fellow to receive the Hemisphere of Insults. An honor he has truly earned!

• ChipNASA says:

I’ll allow it, but we’d have to have a Second and an Aye vote and, at least in this instance, it’s in my opinion, a little weak, for a parking spot when he’s already TOTALLY and publicly attention whored himself as a douche-nozzle but, if the crown wants it, we’re always ready for a deployment!
      What say you doods?

• KoB says:

My trigger finger is ALWAYS itching for a FIRE MISSION FIRE MISSION FIRE MISSION, Time On Target…FIRE FOR EFFECT deployment of the Vaunted TAH HoI. Particularly for a lying POS SoB that claims the Order of The Purple Heart. They are the most despicable and repugnant of ALL of the Valor Thieves. Maybe we should do an FOIA or some local digging, just to see what his status was. We already, pretty much, know that this POS, Frank McAndrews, WAS NOT a Veteran, and DID NOT have a Purple Heart Award, and Frank McAndrews is a lying POS, and that Frank McAndrews is too damn lazy to walk a few extra feet from one parking place, and that the lying POS Frank McAndrews is most probably a COCKSUCKER (not that there’s anything wrong with that, per se) Who knows, the lying POS Frank McAndrews may even be one of the FIRST (ht 2 Roh-Dog) investors in Brucie’s Bath House (Enter thru the rear).

SECOND!

• Claw says:

My vote is for a Alphabet Assault (H/T to Sarge) cause Frank spins up a Dumb Ass Move score of 152 on the Whiz Wheel®™.

• ChipNASA says:

NOW, someone needs to poke Sarge because yes, the Alphabet Assault is appropriate (IMO) even if I usually deploy it as part of the HoI but then there’s also the Staff Summary Sheet of Shame which is Sarge’s and Sarge’s only.

SO maybe the Staff Summary Sheet of Shame?

• Daisy Cutter says:

These responses are so nuanced and represent a diversity of unique messages.

We need a concierge to help us decide what is an appropriate choice from the available arsenal.

We’re so lucky to have you help us navigate this delicate area. 😉

Keep up the great work!

• KoB says:

Welp, Sarge is in ROK Land, it’s 1025 hrs Saturday there, so he should be awake, maybe even off duty, or riding herd on some E-4 Mafia, getting the SarMajor’s Grass cut. Unless, of course, he has already posted the AA or the SSSoS in his time zone, meaning we won’t see it till we catch up to him, tomorrow? But then again, when it is posted there does it show up on our time stamp or his? Would it be faster if Dave moved his boat further East or would that put the servers into yesterday? Can a comment be made on a post that hasn’t been posted yet?