Public Service Announcment

| February 11, 2020

For all the FNGs and first time commentators, once again I had to edit a pending comment by removing identification information, known in the military as Personally Identifiable Information, or PII. Please, for your own protection, do not use your real name when commenting here. There are people who wish us ill, and a full name can easily be included in a frivolous lawsuit, or worse. It has happened. While these lawsuits ultimately are dismissed, it’s time consuming and expensive. Protect yourself, I can’t be watching all the time.
Exceptions are Dave and Steve, but these guys are bullet proof and have lawyers on tap. Don’t open yourself up to legal action, doxxing, stalking and the like by making your identification easy for the other side to use.
The internet is forever,
AW1Ed out.

Category: Exploitation, Internet, Valor Vultures

1. Skippy says:

Damn am I being a airhead again

BHWHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

2. Dave Hardin says:

Bulletproof? I had no idea, someone should have told me this earlier.

3. Steve Balm says:

Getting sued at least once is the Red Badge of Courage in the Stolen Valor world.

I have been sued three times (I have prevailed in all three). But trust me, it is never fun. Fortunately, as a lawer it never cost me anything but some time. So, anyone posting here would be wise to avoid disclosing his/her PII.
      There is no shortage of crazies out there that will file frivolous lawsuits. Exhibit “A” is our favorite human lawn dart.

• Steve Balm says:

Yeah, this is serious business. I probably shouldn’t make light of it.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Just look at all the heartburn Bernath gave the Shipleys, and they never did anything to him, pure malice on Bernath’s part, good riddance to him!

4. ninja says:

Another Public Announcement:

“Virginia Democrats Want To Make It Legal For Unmarried People To Have Sex”

“Only married couples can have sex, according to a legal loophole still on the books in Virginia.”

“Democratic state legislators in the Virginia House of Delegates repealed the “crime of fornication” last week–in the state that has long used the slogan, “Virginia is for lovers” to attract tourists”.

“Currently, fornication is a Class 4 misdemeanor and carries a fine up to $250.”

😂🤣😅😆😉😎

ninja, this law is not to let unmarried citizens have carnal relations; this is to protect the lawmakers from being prosecuted for the screwing they are going to give to the citizens that they are not married to.

On the PSA? Yep, heed his words, the whole damn left wing, liberal, butt hurt, snowflake world is lawsuit happy. A bunch on the right wing too…and some middle roaders. Even if you win, you still lose.

5. Daisy Cutter says:

The other unintended consequence is the antagonists usually get the wrong person with the same name and they are slapped on a lawsuit or subject to other harassment. You feel bad for the innocent party, but not enough to confirm / deny and help the antagonists narrow it down.

6. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

I’ve been named in lawsuits against community organizations that I have volunteered for in the past…it’s not at all fun and is a fucking nuisance.

Heed well AW1Ed’s advice, especially if you don’t have litigation insurance…

7. ChipNASA says:

I’m still waiting to be fed my own char-broiled, fire roasted, balls by drooling crackheads…or some such.

I kinda miss Psul.

I mam or may not live off A1A in Florida, I may or may not hand out in the sandy shores of Pasadena and I may or may not have stomped around quite a lot, some pinky extended areas of Bethesda Maryland for a time…(but *WE* were fancy, we had a door on our mailbox*!!)

The good old days.

I definitely miss Jonn. *leans head back and blows kisses and salutes*

• OldSoldier54 says:

I do, too.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I may or may not be in Colorado, Carson City NV or Atlanta right now myself, just can’t tell…

I miss the hell out of Jonn as well.

• Roh-Dog says:

I have no idea of my own name, concussions are a b*, but always respond to: a**hole, f**kface, d**khead, sh*t for brains…
        My location is so top secret that the system to chart it is also classified.
        I miss the Platoon Daddy too.
        I hope we’re keeping him proud!

If someone can figure out who and where I am, I do hope they tell me, cause I ain’t got a clue no more. I seldom get lost cause someone is always telling me where to go

It’s my hope that when I do meet SFC Lilyea is right after he kicks my ass, he lights my seegar, hands me a tumbler of Top Shelf Bourbon and says, Welcome Home.

• Graybeard says:

Yeah, missing Jonn still.

I have openly confessed to living in The Great State of Texas – where E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E. is armed. Most of us legally.

Other than that, good luck finding me. Remember the feral hogs are always hungry.

8. gitarcarver says:

Over on another blog for which I help moderate, write and do graphic stuff, we run into this all the time, but from the opposite side.

We are told constantly that unless we use our real names, what we say must be a lie. “If you aren’t using your real name, you’re gutless,” is the often refrain.

We have real life experience with people coming after us for things that we have said. Truthful things. One of our writers was literally chased out of town after an expose on corrupt town officials. They hounded him with code enforcement and the police.

For the people who demand that we or anyone say who they are, because they “say who they are,” we always say “please prove who you are by sending copies of your driver’s license and social security card.” That usually shuts them up.

We then follow up with a quote from Socrates: “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”

Your name matters little in a discussion forum. Your ideas always matter.

• AW1Ed says:

Good advice. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for going off on you the other day. Bad day, too much stress, whatever, but not up to my usual standards, or one of my better moments. At all. Can’t say I won’t shoot someone in the face in the future, but it won’t be for a critique on one of my posts.
      So again, please accept my apology.

• gitarcarver says:

AW1Ed,

In no way shape or form do I think you owe me an apology. I have been around here long enough to know that your response was a little “off” for you. (My response may have been too harsh a push back as well.) I appreciate the apology, but I understood what was going on after reading the comment.

To be fair, if I came off as critiquing your post, that was not my intention. For that I apologize.

There are many really good quotes on gun rights and the Second Amendment. I hate when well intentioned people such as yourself get caught up in using what seems to be a great quote but is fake.

My intention was to critique the quote – to let people know it is not real – and not your post. I probably could have worded that critique to be more clear.

As I said, I have been a part of a blog for over 10 years. It is often grueling to produce content every day. Too often you look at a post, smile and think “that’s a gud’on” only to have someone rip it apart. It makes you want to scream.

Please understand that I looked up the quote because quotes like that inspire me. I wanted to see the quote in context. So if you wanted people to go beyond the quote, you succeeded. Unfortunately, the quote isn’t accurate which was a disappointment to me as I suspect it was to you.

Anyways, as far as I am concerned, we’re good. We always were. Our comments and responses were the result of a lot of things, but apathy to the subject matter was not one of them.

Once again, sorry if my verifying the quote came off as a critique of your post or your writing. That was not my intent.

Keep up the good work.

• AW1Ed says:

Thanks, G. It’s in our wake. Look for the return of quotes in the daily FGS.

• timactual says:

My thanks to both of you, and all the others who produce the blogs I read. I appreciate both the effort you folks put in and the attitude expressed by Gitcarver; accuracy is something I strive for, too. But, we all make mistakes—“A man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for?”.

9. Retired Grunt says:

I’m bulletproof….. can’t touch this…. seriously. I also have a team of lawyers I keep on stand by.

10. Sparks says:

I need to be careful since my fill in options for name and email show several choices. I hope I didn’t cause you folks any extra work. If I did, I apologize.

• AW1Ed says:

You’re fine Sparks. It’s comments that are from FNG Beaufort W. Scale, or the like, that are the issue. First comment is automatically moderated, and that’s where I have issues and have to edit. I have better things to do, and perhaps an update to the FNG FAQ tab is in order. *cough*

11. CK says:

I should probably be careful with my name.

12. Charles says:

I AM a lawyer.
    Molon Labe.

13. Thunderstixx says:

How come nobody ever sues the poodledick ???

• AW1Ed says:

It not illegal being liberal, and he knows what he’s in for when he comments here. Besides, I mention frivolous lawsuits that are meant to harass, not right a wrong.

14. Honor and Courage says:

You can’t get blood out of a Turnip! Sue all you want!