Airplane Crash in Taliban Area

| January 27, 2020

Another photo provided by Tariq Ghazniwal shows an aircraft that crashed in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, Jan. 27, 2020. (Tariq Ghazniwal via AP)Photo provided by Tariq Ghazniwal shows an aircraft that crashed in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, Jan. 27, 2020. (Tariq Ghazniwal via AP)

An aviation vehicle has apparently crashed in the Gasni Province region of the Hindu Kush, currently under control of the Taliban. This is an ongoing story, so there may be updates to come.

From the article:  “We are aware of the reports and are investigating,” a defense official told Military Times. “At this point, we cannot confirm it is a DOD asset.”

The official, speaking anonymously because he was not authorized to comment, said that bad weather in the area is making it difficult to investigate. The weather is keeping ISR assets and search and rescue crews grounded at the moment.

U.S. Army Maj. Beth Riordan, a spokeswoman for U.S. Central Command, told Military Times that”U.S. Central Command is aware of the reports of a U.S. aircraft crash in Afghanistan. We are currently monitoring the situation and will provide additional information when possible.”

Officials from AFCENT declined comment to Military Times, deferring to Resolute Support, the headquarters overseeing U.S. and NATO military efforts in Afghanistan. Officials from Resolute Support and the Pentagon did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

However, pictures on social media purportedly from the crash site showed what could be the remains of a Bombardier E-11A aircraft, which the U.S. military uses for electronic surveillance over Afghanistan. – article

There is more to come on this. Stay tuned.

Category: Afghanistan

I’m sure that wingman68/helpfulmedal/lily will show up soon to tell us exactly what happened, being that he/she/it is there and knows all. /s/ That is as soon as he/she/it finishes bashing deTrumpster over his failure to get us the f^ck out of there after 3 years in office.

You know that carpet bombing that area will not only decrease the Taliban control but it would also help deal with the bitter cold in that region. ‘Specially if you use that ‘splodey napalm stuff.

Tanks for the post Ex.

• Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

Bomb it to rubble, then make the rubble bounce.

• Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

With the right explosives one could make their next major export glass particles…

• AW1Ed says:

I’m also sure his post will be replaced with, “Deleted, AW1” within about 10 seconds of my seeing it. Unless you folks want a chew toy for a while, of course. Show of hands?

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I say leave his crap up just long enough to get a response or two and then delete it, but he’s obviously some little shit that gets a thrill out of pissing people off which leaves me in favor of “Deleted, AW1Ed”

^word^ What few times his crap has still been up, I usually ignore his drivel. There was a comment or 2 he/she/it made that was on topic but still a waste of bandwidth. I guess it makes more work for you to monitor hsi aggravating ass v an outright ban, but some of us might get our jollies seeing the “Deleted AW1Ed.” And the “Deleted AW1Ed”, just like the innerwebsz, will be there forever.

• AW1Ed says:

This is y’alls blog, not mine. I’ll allow some of what passes for his commentary on my posts stand, for a while anyway. As soon as he pisses me off and gets personal with my TAH crew, that comment is gone.
            How the other Mods and Admins handle him is entirely up to them.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Another hunch I have is that he’ll post some shit to troll and later brag to his fleabag friends about what he/she/it did and encourage them to look, thus making me think that “Deleted, AW1Ed” will piss him off to no end!

• xyzzy says:

That troll’s writing style looks familiar. On the Encyclopedia Dramatica forums, some clown calling himself “DukeOfNimonia” spammed up the place with links to his website (really, just a CyTube channel with lots of cringey videos and a chatroom). I’d post a link, but I don’t want to give this looney any more publicity.

I mention this because the writing style by Helpful Medal is very similar to DoN. Same person, maybe?

Hey, if y’all want a chew toy, I can email DoN with a link to this site. Any takers?

2. ChipNASA says:

Well confirmed USAF aircraft, but no really good follow up info as in survivors or fatalities.

3. AW1Ed says:

Dammit! I knew several of my AW Brothers of the Electronic Warfare flavor signed up for this as contractors or GS after leaving the Navy. Pretty sweet gig, too. One year in country six figures tax free, rotate home to the world for giving and getting training, wash, rinse, repeat. Guy or gal could retire early on those terms and rest easy in those golden years.
    Thoughts and prayers…