Jon Ritzheimer sentenced

| December 3, 2017

According to Stars & Stripes, Oathkeeper and provocateur, Jon Ritzheimer was sentenced in an Oregon federal courtroom last Thursday for his role in the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge last year. He wore his Marine Corps medals on his blue suit, which he removed during sentencing, stating that he wasn’t proud of them anymore.

The prosecutor asked for two years in prison, but the judge gave him a year and a day along with a year of supervised release. Of course, Ritzheimer’s lawyer claimed that he suffered from PTSD and that’s why the Iraq War veteran threatened war against federal officers in the bird sanctuary.

“In the winter of 2016, in the high desert terrain of eastern Oregon, decked out in military garb and slinging a rifle, Jon Ritzheimer was a wounded warrior, still at war,” [Defense lawyer Terri] Wood wrote in her sentencing memo.

Yeah, we have Ritzheimer’s Marine Corps records, he was a truck driver while he was in Iraq, he wasn’t wounded and there’s no Combat Action Ribbon indicating that he participated in combat.

Ritzheimer DD214 Awards summary

It seems to me that Ritzheimer was itching to engage in the combat he didn’t see in Iraq right there in Oregon;

Ritzheimer also was in the first convoy of cars who arrived at the refuge on Jan. 2, 2016. They were armed and cleared each building before blocking the front gate and positioning armed guards in the watchtower and entrances. Ritzheimer had a military-style AR-15 during that initial takeover and described himself as “triggerman,” according to the prosecutor.

“Thank God there was not an employee there,” Gabriel said. ” If there had been, your Honor, we could be looking at a different case.”

After the occupation, paperwork seized by federal agents showed Ritzheimer was listed as a leader of the infantry squad, constitutional defense forces, and a rapid response team, and that he went by the nickname “Rogue.” On Jan. 5, 2016, fearing federal officers were going to raid the refuge, Ritzheimer urged other occupiers to take a “defensive posture.” In a subsequent video that went viral, Ritzheimer was angered by hate mail and a package of sex toys sent to the refuge during the occupation, and he was captured angrily knocking them all off a table.

I think Dave Hardin was the person who sent the Malheur occupiers a bag of Gummi Penises. So that’s his fault.

Back to the courtroom;

Ritzheimer made a brief reference to the bar of colorful military medals he wore on his jacket lapel. “I came here with this stuff on,” he said, pausing, overcome with emotion. As he removed the pin of medals and placed them on the defense table before him, he added, “I’m really not proud of it anymore, your honor.”

He said he never wants to be a person who is “just following orders” again.

I’ll bet he sees 2404s in his sleep – those Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services keep me up late, I know. I have flashbacks to hours of reading at the PM Magazine and the large-breasted cartoon women contained within.

Thanks to Skippy for the link.

Category: Dumbass Bullshit

1. Sj says:

“2404s”. Snort. How come I can’t remember what I just had for breakfast yet I remember 2404’s from the 60’s? And the lass in PM Magazine?

• Claw says:

Connie Rod was the lass.

If 2404s only keep you up at night, then 2408-14s (Uncorrected Fault Record) and 2407s (Job Order Request in carbon papered six copies) must be a nightmare./smile

• Ret_25X says:

I remember running out of blank 2404s and the motor pool refusing to accept the PMCS record on a yellow legal pad.

Now it is all done on an automated system and no one knows the agony of a pad of wet and unusable 2404s….LOL

• Weekend Warrior in Texas says:

The new form used is the 5988e, and it is usually ignored as the 2404 was. 2404 is still used if the computer is down, and 5988e cannot be printed from the new GCSS. My favorite da form was the 2408-4 tube life calculator.

• Sparks says:

And a 2407-1 for continuation. In case you couldn’t get all you shit on the first 2407.

• Claw says:

And the next block of instruction will cover the proper transfer of NMC days from the DD314s to the DA2406.

Yeah, I had to teach that to my classmates when I went my 76Y ANCOC in 1985.

Our instructors at Fort Lee had no clue.

• Claw says:

“when I went through my 76Y”

Mea Culpa

• West Point 1987 says:

Please. Stop. I. Can’t. Take. It! I was a BMO in Germany for 2 1/2 years. I was Distinguished Honor Grad at the BMO Course in Fort Knox (don’t know what I was thinking), so my buddy (thanks, buddy) at the course beat me to our next assignment and gleefully informed the Old Man. I still have USR nightmares…

• Claw says:

No, we can’t stop. It’s too much fun. So here’s a little more to pile onto the top of the shit heap.

Every BMO’s/Motor Sergeant’s/PLL&TAMMS Clerk’s worst nightmare:

At the end of the Fiscal Year when the Monthly and Quarterly Deadline Report/USR along with the Yearly 2408-9 Usage Reports for all the vehicle(s)/systems that have odometers/hourmeters and all of the reports are due on the same day./smile

Ah, Yes, life in the motor pool. Good Times were had by all.

2. Hack Stone says:

Does the Prison Commissary sell Gummi Dicks, or will we have to mail him his stash?

• Green Thumb says:

By looking at that “1000-yard” stare is working on up top, I would bet he has seen a lot of dicks is his day…..

3. Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

WOW a Mattel AR. How come it didn’t go off like the libs always say and kill 30 peeps from it’s 30 rd machine gun “CLIP”. Maybe one has to pull the trigger to fire it./sarc

4. OWB says:

Laying your medals on the table just isn’t quite as dramatic as throwing someone else’s medals over a fence.

5. Dave Hardin says:

Those Gummy Dicks were fortified with essential vitamins and minerals, just the kind of thing people need if they are locked in a shit house and under siege.

Besides, Shitferbrains was mean to me on the phone. He always seemed like the kind of twink that would get triggered by juicy dick.

“He wore his Marine Corps medals on his blue suit, which he removed during sentencing, stating that he wasn’t proud of them anymore”

To the tune of Knockin on Heaven’s Door.

• Sparks says:

Come on take this NDSM off of me.
      I cain’t shine it, anymore.

• 26Limabeans says:

It’s getting dull, too dull to see.
        Think I’ll toss it out the door..

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Momma take this brass away
        ‘Cause I can’t shine it anymore
        Momma take my boots away
        ‘Cause I can’t polish ‘em anymore…

Momma they taking my butt away
        ‘Cause I’ll belong to Bubba and Thor…

7. Hondo says:

I wonder if the bailiff handed him a tube of “personal lubricant” after sentencing and told him, “Here – you’re gonna need a lot of this where you’re going.”

Hey, it could happen!

What a Drama Queen! I’ll bet he got more upset about having to do oil changes than anyone else, EVER!!!

Since you guys are all ga-ga over that stuff embedded in your brains from Days of Yore that won’t go away, here’s a blast from the photo past:

E2 Ektachrome was used for daylight photography and E3 Ektachrome was used for tungsten/artificial lighting photography. They had different color chemistry for processing, which controlled the yellow and blue sensitivity in the emulsion’s color layers.

That changed to E4 Ektachrome in 1965, and E4 became E6 Ektachrome by 1976.

And Kodachrome is, unfortunately, gone forever. I sometimes miss them there Good Old Days.

• SFC D says:

Mama don’t take my Kodachrome away…

• Jeff LPH 3, 63-66 says:

Wasn’t there a song called Kodachrome back in the 60’s or early 70’s????

• Buckeye Jim says:

Yes. Paul Simon tune and it sucked.

• Tallywhagger says:

Sucked?

Haha, a few million folks might not concur with that 🙂

I had hoped that after he married Edie Brickell that some amalgamated creativity might develop.

She’s 24 years younger than him… if he doesn’t want her, I’d probably… oh, never mind, I am sax player.

• Perry Gaskill says:

If I could add up all the Tri-X film I shot over the years, it would be measured in multiple miles.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Ditto. I used to go shoot football games at my high school with it.

• 26Limabeans says:

Damn. wrong button. Sorry.

• Tallywhagger says:

I got Tri-X in bulk rolls and loaded my own canisters, it saved a bundle of bucks.

The Kodachrome 25 was great for portraits. Ektachrome never really appealed so much as Fuji. Gotta say that I love the digital era. Sure hope that someone invents a digitial 4×5 back for my old Sinar C. She’s a bit of a beast but the resolution was worth the cost of admission.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Well, you can get a Hasselblad digital back, the H6D-100c, for about $27,000, suitable for use with medium format and 4×5 view cameras. But you need an adapter to hold it on the Sinar’s back, which means removing the back plate where the filmholder goes. The adapters run between $400 and $1,900, depending on the brand you buy.

I will add that a 4×5 digital image would most likely take up close to a full gigabyte or more of room on your hard drive, but that’s what the terrabyte(s) drives are for, isn’t it?

Petabyte drives are next.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Just found this one: these people are working on providing a 5z5 digital back in 2018, suitable for any 4z5 camera. The price will be a mere $48,500.

• Tallywhagger says:

Ah shucks… I might bite if they get it in under $10K 🙂

OTOH, B&H just had a deal on the Hassy with about $13K discount!

The Hassy 500Cs were handy, I mainly used them for wedding photography as well as a Mamiya 645.

My current amusement is a used Canon XL2. Technology is always about a decade ahead of me and my budget for toys.

What I’d really like is to have someone manufacture a Polaroid like product in 4×5 format, again. I had a Polaroid back for the Hassy and the Sinar. Fuji quit making their version in medium format, dammit to hell.

The distinction between taking photos/snapshots vs photography still exists but I love that the smart phones have enabled the masses to have photo and video handy at any given time and opportunity.

For now, a little Lumix digital point & shoot is as delightful as was the iPhone 4 but has an actual lens and diaphragm (I think).

• Ex-PH2 says:

Give it time. The price will drop. I still use my D50 and the only way I will give up my D300 is when it is pried from cold, dead hands. The sensors are becoming cheaper and cheaper to produce with higher and higher pixel counts, which makes last year’s model of Whatever Type IIISpecial not so special. The camera companies count on people who have Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS), and dive on the newest thing.

• Tallywhagger says:

That’s a lot of film! Were you a photographer in the military?

• Martinjmpr says:

Kodachrome lives on in the name of a State Park in Utah.

Gorgeous place, BTW, highly recommended.

100 years from now people will tour the park and say “who was Kodachrome and why did they name this park after him?” 😀

9. Green Thumb says:

What a tool.

I see these dudes all of the time.

They got the PTSD from hanging out in Iraq. Now they want benefits to go with their weak-ass MOS and possible substandard discharges.

If you honorable, then your OK. Just own up to what you did. It takes a team to win.

10. Airdale (AW) USN ret. says:

Global War on Terrorism Medal (3) who kept these records, you can only get 1.

11. Skippy says:

Well maybe he’ll stay away from Arizona for a little bit
    Will have to send him a care package while he’s at the
    Bob-wire hotel

• Jonn Lilyea says:

Actually, according to the article, he’ll be in federal prison in Safford, Arid-zona.

• Skippy says:

Damn !!!!!!

======/////////////

Hey Jonn BTW we are sending you all a X-mass card and a few Jackson’s

😁😁😁😁

• Skippy says:

Stafford I believe maybe a minimum security prison
        Its on swift trail Hwy going up to Mount Graham
        We pass the place all the time going camping
        Every prisoner has a detail on the mountain I believe
        Talk about easy time for him

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I wonder how often people will send Bags of Dicks®™ and personal lube while he’s locked up? Now that he’s a convicted felon, there goes his right to vote or own a firearm!

13. Perry Gaskill says:

The boy ain’t right, Your Honor.

This story was originally generated by The Oregonian and something the reporter left out was that Ritzheimer was facing a variety of serious charges including a maximum of life for some of the weapons stuff with special circumstances. And yet he managed to walk with what amounts to less than a year.

One of the reasons Ritzheimer might have gotten off lightly, although it’s speculative, is that there was always something off about the original case against the Hammond family ranchers which started the Malheur standoff in the first place. Part of the defense’s strategy in cutting a deal might have been that Ritzheimer refrain from being an attention whore and dragging all that up again.

• NHSparky says:

He got a year and a day, meaning he’s a convicted felon, and all the happy shit that goes along with it.

• Fjardeson says:

No more guns for you, sucker! Also enjoy the BTJT Deli time, those are the only “guns” you’ll get to play with from now on.

14. Nastyleg says:

This guy was the reason I stopped attending group sessions for PTSD at West Valley Vet Center. He pulled more shit like this. You can Google his name and Phoenix mosque you’ll get articles and an interview or two.

Well, at least the birds are safe for now.

16. thebesig says:

Originally posted by Stars and Stripes:

Are they talking about this? :mrgreen:

17. RM3(SS) says:

A year and a day. Hello Felon, say goodbye to your guns forever!

• FatCircles0311 says:

hahahahahaha like that ever stops anyone.

You get less time as a felon with a gun than you do most other crimes as well.

• RM3(SS) says:

Depending on the state that might be true FC, but when they get caught over and over we always called it doing a life sentence on the installment plan.
        The longest sentence I personally saw was a guy I caught with a sawed off shotgun-he was on felony parole at the time. He got 5 years.

18. Josey Wales says:

Jon Ritzheimer – *PTUI*

19. Cheese Eater McBlobfish says:

At least he did more than what I did regarding militia activity.

After I got discharged from the Texas State Guard, I stood up the Tarrant County Guard. I was the first and only member, a Lieutenant Colonel. Unfortunately, I immediately got discharged. I know, that doesn’t make sense but that’s what happened. Even if I start a one man organization, I still get discharged.

At least I have my “evidence” blog, as “evidence” is what I say it is, regardless of how far from reality it is.

Cheese,
    Dennis Howard Chevalier
    Denny H. Chevalier

20. Yef says:

Quote:

“He said he never wants to be a person who is “just following orders” again.

Brown told Ritzheimer no one was contesting his valor and military service. The medals, she said, are intended to recognize his accomplishments, but there’s no debate that he carries the burden of his combat and needs continued treatment for it.”

So, that this means the judge believed this guy’s lies?
    Don’t the prosecution comes with a copy of the DD214 so judges don’t make fool of themselves believing Rambo crap?

21. TacticalTrunkMonkey says:

“a leader of the infantry squad, constitutional defense forces, and a rapid response team, and that he went by the nickname “Rogue”

Holy shit! Gecko45 has a friend! “Roger, Rouge one. I will distract the guards, you recover the Gummi Dicks.”

22. Hamilton Nolan says:

Should have claimed PTSD for having to remember that the green nozzle is for dispensing diesel.

23. Bobo says:

I loved him in Cheers.

24. lily says:

Found this:

25. Doc Collingwood says:

Most judges and attys have no idea what’s on a DD 214, or what they are reading if they see one. Too bad.