Midweek Open Thread

| November 24, 2021 | 55 Comments

If only the rich would experience tax increases, there would be no need to lower the bar to track cash inflow and outflow for anybody with a certain amount in the bank. This is especially the case when even those under the poverty level would get subject to monitoring. Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend.

Category: Open thread

FIRST!!!

• Only Army Mom says:

wow, and by a wide margin. Congrats API!

• KoB says:

Good J.O.B!, API. Does this mean that the claim of Honorary FIRST is open to the masses? If so, I will belly up to the bar, pushing aside various and assorted miscreanted d’weeded deplorables, making room for Adorable Deplorables, thusly being the FIRST to bestow the Title of Honorary FIRST to Only Army Mom.

ChipNASA and Hack Stone showing up to whine in 5.4.3.2..

ps…If you pay attention to details over the next coupla days, you may come close to matching the King of Battle, THE King of FIRST and maybe have a shot of a Trifecta of FIRST in one week. The Mid Week Open Thread (MOT) of today. A Thanksgiving Open Thread (TOT). And then the Coveted TAH Friday Weekend Open Thread (WOT) (EARNED NEVER AWARDED).

• 26Limabeans says:

Wait…what? I was thinking there would be a Thanksgiving Day open thread
      so no need to suspect one today, let alone this early.
      Pretty soon it’s gonna be the “Daily Open Thread”.
      And then there will be early notification for “premium subscribers”.
      It’s going to hell……well at least you can see it from here.

2. Only Army Mom says:

Not First!

• KoB says:

To us you are always FIRST…in our Hearts! His Blessings to you OAM. Hope you shook off your cold.

• Only Army Mom says:

KoB – thank you darling, I’ve almost managed to shake off that Georgia bug.

I hope you become as stuffed as the American yard bird that graces tables, and as are well-loved this Thanksgiving.

To all my beloved deplorables here at TAH, my wish for you all is the same. Enjoy the well-deserved repast, and I pray you are all surrounded by friends and family.

If by some chance you find yourself without a seat at a well-laden table, there will be a space for you at mine. Me and mine will welcome you.

3. Devtun says:

Army fumbles the ball. A FUBAR. Cadets at West Point kidnap a Navy goat – and gets the wrong goat. Ain’t Ready for Missions Yet (ARMY).

4. Claw says:

Tough day this past Monday. Scooby is now chasing rabbits in Doggie Heaven with his pal, Buddy the Corgi.

5. FIRST Fourteen. Quiet 76th B Day Yesterday. I guess I’ll never see 75 again

• The Stranger says:

You will see 75 again…in the rear view mirror!

🤣🍺🎂

Seriously, do what I do and periodically take a trip down memory lane in the vast TAH archives!

• Hatchet says:

Cheer up, Jeff! Tomorrow’s my B-day and I forgot up until just now…and the only reason I realized it was because I glanced at my ‘puters calendar.
      D’oh! Where the hell does the time go? Oh yeah, rear-view mirror. Got it. And yeah, those TAH archives can be a ton of fun to read.

6. Graybeard says:

A blessed Thanksgiving to you all.

When I go to count all my blessings that God has given me, I lose track, they are so many – and greatly outnumber my pains.

7. E4 Mafia '83-'87 says:

Its comical to hear politicians drone on with their “Corporations need to pay their fair share” when they are they people that right the tax laws after being wined & dined by corporate lobbyists, so they don’t have to pay their fair share.
    It’s been happening for a few generations, but NOOOWWW the Party with Big Tech, Big Business, Wall Street, and Billionaires is going crack down on their own donors that finance their campaigns? Our only hope is to take bake both houses in ’22 to block more reckless money printing, and elect DeSantis in ’24.
    That’s the way I see it. Happy Thanksgiving to all our forces and ships at sea. God bless these United States.

8. Green Thumb says:

Everyone needs to call down top All-Points Logistics and put their Thanksgiving orders in!

A turkey, mashed potatoes, Phildo gravy and a side of lies. All the dishes are quite fitting for the False Commander “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics), I may add.

And you better hurry up before his new Phildo Supporters get in line!

Also curious if Phildo is going with Thanksgiving or another Ingenious People’s Day and if so, what Tribal Heritage he will be claiming tomorrow (he has used a few so who knows what tomorrow will bring).

9. Anonymous says:

Hey, that Leftist “monitoring” mentality Democrats want on your bank accounts… for “social justice,” you know, comrade:

While in the checkout lane at the grocery store today I noticed
    a sign stating that “correct change is appreciated due to the
    shortage of currency at the federal reserve”

Another effort to get rid of cash and force digital transactions.
    And with inflation everyone is rounding “up” to the next dollar.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Turkeys out there.

• Graybeard says:

I was in Mexico when they were using Uno Peso coins as pennies – if they had them. I think the exchange rate at the time was 350:1USD

That was bad enough.

One of my Heirs and Offspring was at the store the other day and offered a check to the (college-age) cashier.
      She had to get the manager to tell her what to do with a check.

When they get everyone onto plastic, credit or debit, they can stop us from being able to purchase at their whim by just locking the account or shutting down the internet.

Stupid people.

11. MarineDad61 says:

TESLA decides to take out the car owner’s home, too.
    A double screw you to a Tesla car buyer.

[Maple Glen Home Gutted After Tesla Catches Fire In Driveway]