“Alaska Bob” Glaves – NOT a Vietnam Veteran

| September 20, 2019

The folks at Military Phony send us their work on Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.”   Bob claims to be a Vietnam veteran, having joined the US Army at 17 years old and fought in both Vietnam and Cambodia.  Unfortunately, he contracted cancer from chemicals used in Vietnam, of which Agent Orange is a prime suspect.

The media and notable organizations got behind Bob’s story since he only had a year to live and wanted to ride across the country and see the names of his buddies he lost in Vietnam – before he dies.  They are taking donations but before you break out your wallets or purses, know that some are questioning Bob’s story, mostly due to his age.

‘Wall before I die’: Vietnam War veteran starts ride to D.C. memorial

Here are some efforts that are praising Bob.  Note the combat vet claim…

Besides the donations solicited based on the story, Bob seems to have benefited as well from the good hearts of people wanting to contribute to the effort.

People were skeptical since the timeline of Bob’s age did not line up, so they contacted folks in the Stolen Valor community.  Bob’s official military records were ordered.

From a separate, independent FOIA…

In addition, we were able to dig up some old high school photos to establish a timeline for Bob’s claims. His military photo from the FOIA results above was added for convenient comparison…

These high school photos represent the years he was allegedly in Vietnam… as well as runnin’ and gunnin’ in Cambodia.

From the article…

When Glaves arrives at the memorial he is prepared to see the names of his fallen brothers on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall.

That wall bears the names of more than 58,000 Americans who gave their lives.

“I’m expecting to cry, so I don’t want nobody around,” Glaves said.

Maybe Bob’s cancer is legitimate – we have no way of knowing – but it is highly doubtful it came from Agent Orange or other chemicals used in Vietnam.

Also from the article…

As of late Sunday, a total of 27 people had donated $1,190 to Pennies for Quarters, according to the “Wall Before I Die” Facebook page where donations can be made.

Yeah, well that’s got to be uncomfortable.  Someone’s got some ‘splainin’ to do.

Category: Army, Media, Stolen Valor, Viet Nam, Vietnam

Just left the lying embellishing POSer Robert E. Glaves Jr some love over to the MP Site. Gave him an invite to join another group of POSers in Elko. Let the piling on begin!

So he must have been over there in the s- -t along with that short person I met at an air show who said, when I asked him about it, that he was there in 1978.

Good on ye, Bobb-o. You screwed yer own pooch on this one!!!

Whatta J-E-R-K!!!!

3. Mick says:

And of course there just has to be a motorcycle, a leather vest covered in poser bling, and a camo doo-rag involved in this steaming hot mess.

Plus the added poser bonus of some really snazzy leather chaps.

— sigh —

• marinedad61 says:

Q – What’s worse than a Biker Phony
      enjoying a subsidized (or free) ride across the USA,
      paid for by unwitting donors?

A – A Biker Phony so fat
      that his black leather bling-o vest
      barn doors won’t close without ranch fence chains.

• 26Limabeans says:

Don’t recall ever seeing a bling encrusted
      poser vest worn over bib coveralls.
      Now that’s fashion right there.

4. Daisy Cutter says:

Doo Rag – CHECK
    Vest with Bling – CHECK
    Motorcycle – CHECK
    Support Dog – Uh, wait a minute…

5. Terry Sheehan says:

Article’s author… Jesse Major

jesse_major@hotmail.com

or

news@peninsuladailynews.com

Way to take a great big steaming crap on what coulda, shoulda, woulda been honorable service Robert Elgin Glaves Jr. On paper you had nothing to be ashamed of….until now!!! You served in an Infantry Airborne Ranger MOS when there was no draft requirement to do so. You have brought shame to the E-4 Mafia, yourself, family and besmirched the good name of motorcycle riders everywhere. You are standing on the bodies and in the blood of men who actually were on a hill, over yonder, who died on those hills and the ones who have died of their exposure while they were there. You, you POS, need to go ahead and eat sh^t and die, painfully, for your lies. If you are eat up with cancer, I sincerely hope that you are met at the Pearly Gates by the Warriors who have given there all and your sorry lying POS ass is beat all the way back to hell, where you burn for all eternity while Satan devours your worthless soul. Whatever good you have done in the past is now negated.

I hereby make a motion that this piece of trash from Hell “Alaska Bob” Glaves be assaulted by whatever level of insults felt most appropriate by the convening authority. May I get a SECOND and an AYE?

7. AW1Ed says:

Well, well, Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, aka “Alaska Bob.” Seems to me he’s benefiting monetarily from his fraud. Even worse, he’s did serve honorably in the Army, and knows better. Just another lsos valor thief.

8. Sarge says:

Just posted the links, FB page is wide open.

Lets see how long it takes to get banned.

• marinedad61 says:

Interesting. What I saw….

Pennies for Quarters got an Angry and an MP link comment.
      Pennies for Quarters replied with
      “Your information is incorrect. Bob is a Vietnam Veteran.”
      More comments rolled in, encouraging Pennies for Quarters to read BOTH MP and TAH carefully.
      Pennies for Quarters just DELETED all the new comments, minutes ago.

md61, fakebook page Wall before I die dropped some comments on the awful disgraceful people posting stuff on social media that disputes Bob’s Claims. Said no one ever checked with the source. You may want to look over there. Sister gave me a heads up. That one doesn’t require a friend request, just a “like.” That page has videos of the trip he & Miss Thang took back in August. Fat boy is back in AK now.

• marinedad61 says:

Yes, I got it all, screenshots, too.
          I posted it verbatim below.
          I also found the FB page for the female co-rider,
          but there’s no place to click or comment.
          Wall Before I Die (as predicted) died an early death.

• Sparks says:

Goes to show when an old story. Folks can live with being a fool, they just don’t want to be told about it.

• sbalm says:

Both Pennies for Quarters and Wall Before I Die, which I understand are reputable organizations, posted denials but then… oddly deleted posts about Bob after deleting comments.

Does not seem like the actions of someone that believes they are in the right.

BUT… we snagged the comments before they were deleted… anticipating they would be deleted.

graves-rebuttal

9. Comm Center Rat says:

I’m breathing easier and my blood pressure is normalizing now that I’ve read Glaves did not earn the highly coveted NDSM. Our silent, honored brotherhood has not been infiltrated by this bushy faced, leather clad, lying, deceiving, fraudulent shit-bag.

Glaves’ bucket has a hole in it!

10. Stacy0311 says:

Damn, I really need to figure out a way to monetize my service.

“Hey how about some spare changes. I have PTSD and cancer from breathing the fumes of $hit River in Olongapo. And the formaldehyde in Red Horse beer contributed to my IBS.”

“Donate to my Go Fund Me page some I can afford Boudreaux’s Butt paste to treat the chafing I got from all those humps in the jungle NTA”

11. FC2(SW) Ron says:

What the fuck is wrong with his eyes? Did his chute forget to fully deploy and he fell on his head during one of the jumps? Nah, probably not. My guess is he disjointed it when he banged his cocksucking head on the bottom of a desk as he retreated……

And that mustache…. recockulous!

12. Andy11M says:

If I’m reading assignments right he was in 2nd Ranger long enough to take a dump and move on to a regular info bn

• Mike says:

He really had to piss someone off to last 6 days in the 2/75 before being moved to 9th Division.

• RGR 4-78 says:

Looking at his Assignments, he was B 2/75 for about 10 months when they sent him to the Ranger Course, looks like he DORed or was booted from the course in Mountains, returned to 2/75 and took about a month to out process.

13. just lurkin says:

Journalists are just so lazy and stupid. This should have been easy to check-just google “Vietnam timeline” and you’d see that American forces were withdrawn in 1973, just before “Alaska Bob” claimed to have been there. Then they could have looked at any exceptions, such as embassy personnel or Operation Frequent Wind, and eliminated him from that. But, instead, the author had a “too good to check” story and he ran with it. But everyone is supposed to laugh at the very idea of fake news.

14. Trent says:

Great…another infamous ‘Oregon man’. Just what we needed.

15. Over the Hill Ranger says:

I was the FSCOORD for A 2/75th when this guy was there but don’t remember him. Not a surprise as he was in B Co. Looking at his history, looks like he served in B Co for about 10 months and earned a slot for Ranger School. Back than, all officers and senior NCOs had to be qualified before assignment, but junior enlisted went through a three week indoctrination program upon arrival and than served in a unit for about a year waiting to get a slot at the school. Attrition rate of about 30% during the first 3 months. They than went through a two week pre Ranger program immediately prior to leaving for the school (the pre ranger training gave us a pass rate approaching 90%). Looks like he dropped out at the end of phase one and than was transferred out shortly after his return. It would appear he completed phase one, but was not permitted to advance to phase 2.

• Martinjmpr says:

When I was at Lewis (89 – 91) it was well understood that if a troop from 2/75 failed or quit Ranger school he was booted out to leg-land as soon as he retuned to the unit. 9th ID was full of Ranger school dropouts.

• Andy11M says:

I was at Ft Stewart for about three years, and all the 1st Bat boys we got were injury seps and the dumbasses that decided it was a good idea to beat up a SCAD student down on River Street

• Mustang Major says:

I was stationed at Ft. Stewart ’75 – ’76. The threat for poor performance for 1st Bn Rangers was being sent to the “2×4” or otherwise known as the 24th Inf. Div. Oh the shame of it!

16. Mason says:

Fort Polk is the Vietnam of Louisiana. You can forgive him for getting it all mixed up.

17. Anonymous says:

Not even a “Vietnam times” veteran…

18. He’s around 62 now I figure and I’ll be 74 in two months and he looks like he’s around 80 from the above pic, and older than me.

19. marinedad61 says:

It’s a flash fire over at WALL BEFORE I DIE on FakeBook.

I’ve got the screenshot.
    And the comments are flying.
    Here is what WALL BEFORE I DIE just posted….

———- (paste)
    It has come to our attention that some very unethical, disgraceful, cowardly people have created a fake news story claiming the Bob was never in Vietnam and that this is a case of stolen valor.
    They have made a huge post full of lies and never verified any of this by speaking to the source.
    It breaks my heart that people on social media have the nerve and power to try to destroy others reputations especially our nations veterans.
    I can’t even wrap my brain around why someone would do this, this is the height of cowardice and doesn’t even qualify as journalism.
    If the cowards who created this sensationalistic BS have the brass to actually talk to the source.
    Let me know.
    ——— (end paste)

It appears that WALL BEFORE I DIE are in full blown denial,
    and are now going into block and delete mode.
    Sad.

20. Friend says:

Courtney Hester says…
    He’s still being mistreated as a VIETNAM veteran…and the story is weak..

21. Sparks says:

What a shit-stained two-hole licker this ass wipe is! As much as this queef disgusts me, the journalists and “give us money” group are as bad or worse. A simple little bit of research and this clown would have been exposed. But no, a tear-jerk story about a jerk is better than a factual “you folks who donated got fucked
    story.

I just learned something new too. Journalism and Communications degrees have NO math classes required at all. I mean, age minus current date, related to the end of hostilities in Vietnam, wow, just wow. Also, no history required and the courses related to fact-checking are only electives.

22. Sparks says:

Man, they scraped my Facebook post on the give him money site in mere seconds. Had they been so diligent in their research, lots of people would still have their money.

• Sparks says:

Just blocked me as well. Hey, the truth is the truth, whether to their liking or not.

• Terry Sheehan says:

They held up (blocked) my posts based on ‘violation of community standards’ so I pointed out that I was completely respectful and merely asking if this was the same guy the Stolen Valor sites were posting about.

No answer, just deleted.

• Terry Sheehan says:

I’m sure they were respectable organizations, but I would be more impressed if they announced an investigation and would refund donations if they found that Mr. Glaves was lying.

Then, they would gain my respect. This is not some wild, radical suggestion – it’s merely the right thing to do.

• marinedad61 says:

It’s all “Kelly”… (she ID’d herself)
      and boy is she going at it over on the MP page.
      She is obviously unaware that the blogs are permanent.
      If only she (and others in the past) would scroll the main page,
      and get a basic understanding of the history here,
      before putting on the “It’s a mistake” show.
      Geez.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yeah, well, I left some facts over there for Kelly to absorb, but MilPhonies editor hasn’t clicked “OK” just yet.

She needs to confront him about this, period.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Let’s just hope that she’s currently in denial and she wakes up from it. That is unless “Kelly” is a sockpuppet of Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr and he has conned her into that crusade.

• Terry Sheehan says:

This Kelly person is NOT being responsible. She pounded the drums about Bob and his story and started the “Wall Before I Die” campaign which solicited money from donations. It has now been pulled with Kelly stating “This page is being pulled down because the darkness of humanity will not overshadow the light in humanity that created and supported this project.”

What a bunch of wind-chimey, flower-child-sounding, new-age BS!

Kelly probably now realizes she was duped by ‘Alaska Bob’ Glaves and solicited donations using a fraudulent story. She should get to the bottom of it and order Glaves’ military records and announce she will refund all donations should they reveal to her that he was never a combat vet and never in Vietnam or Cambodia.

Instead, Kelly is participating in a shameful practice of discrediting the Stolen Valor community and floating a false narrative that they somehow take pleasure in defamation of a legitimate combat veteran. This is merely deflection on her part to draw scrutiny away from her involvement in a fraudulent charity campaign built around a tear-jerking, feel-good story of someone that lost buddies in Vietnam and wanted to visit the Vietnam Wall and see their names on the Wall before he dies. Has she ever heard of the expression “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t?”

Kelly was either 1) completely duped by a con but is now making bad choices 2) was in on it from the beginning.

I would have hoped to see that she was completely duped but is making a sincere effort to get to the bottom of things and make it right with the donors. She has not indicated that she has any interest in ordering Bob’s military records herself but instead places all emphasis on an alleged response that Bob is crafting.

I’m putting my money on this response by Bob as having no evidence at all, just a bunch of ranting and raving and invocation of a larger cause such as our responsibility to honor veterans and their service. Bones, no meat.

• Mustng Major says:

Agree

• Ex-PH2 says:

She’s probably already spent the money she collected for the “WallbeforeIdie” schtick and can’t refund it.

Now she can’t feel good about herself or get rid of her self-imposed guilt trip for being swindled by a con.

• Slow Joe says:

Man, that was sad…

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

“Kelly” is all ate up over this – like a chocolate dildo at a gay bar on Valentine’s Day ate up…

Reality sure is a bite in the ass, isn’t it?

• Ret_25X says:

That discussion thread on MP is teh stoopid in text form…

“Kelly” must be a sock puppet.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Yep, either “Kelly” is a sockpuppet of Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr or Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is hiding behind a skirt!

23. Blake Morgan says:

I wonder if it is true he only has a year to live?

Just askin’

24. 3/10/MED/b says:

“Alaska” Bob.
    “Kenai” Kelly.
    “Fairbanks” Frankie.
    “Anchorage” Alice.
    “Deadhorse” Davey Boy.
    “Soldotna” Sammy.
    “Chugach” Charlie.
    “Palmer (don’t call me
    “Peter”) Petey.
    “Willow” Willie.

Man, I miss those guys. Just’a thinkin ’bout them makes me tear up.

I hope nobody sees me.

25. thebesig says:

“DILLIGAF” or “Do I look like I give a f(beep)”. Aparently not, see phony finery. He should’ve gunned for pretending to be a garden knome, or Humpty Dumpty. 🙄

• marinedad61 says:

Alaska Bob’s vest patch is for THIS organization:
      Kenai Peninsula Alaska Chapter #8150
      Harley Owners Group

Does KPAC 8150 believe Alaska Bob is a Vietnam Veteran?
      I’m sure some of them would GAF upon learning the truth here.

Clicked on that linkie md61 and the FIRST thing I see is a post about the upcoming chili cook off.

bwwaaaahahahahahahahahahaha gasp gasp pant bwwwaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I mean…justDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 26Limabeans says:

I wonder if they passed through Elko on
          their way to DC. Maybe Bob and Les have
          a common history from Ft. Lewis.

• The Stranger says:

The last thing we need is another confederation of phonies a la the DRG! By the way, whatever happened to Shitgenfeld and Crybaby? Haven’t heard much since their fearless leader’s final flight.

26. Graybeard says:

Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not a Vietnam Vet.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not a Vietnam Era Vet.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is the recipient of funds received, it appears, under false pretenses.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr should not be allowed around women, children, or dogs.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is going to be Goooooogle famous.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr should live to be 110, and every day be reminded of his lies.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not honest.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is unfortunate that his chute opened on his first 5 jumps.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is an overweight burden on the 02 supply.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is in need of some serious remedial PT due to bringing shame to all honorably serving Army and Airborne men and women.
    Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jrif you do have cancer, it would be the only true thing in your story.

• Sarge says:

Sorry, did you say:

Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not a Vietnam Vet.
      Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not a Vietnam Era Vet.
      Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not honest.
      Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr – if you do have cancer, it would be the only true thing in your story.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I COPY:

Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not a Vietnam Vet.
      Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not a Vietnam Era Vet.
      Robert aka “Bob” aka “Alaska Bob” Elgin Glaves Jr is not honest.

((((OVER))))

27. Mustang Major says:

A few thoughts on Robert Elgin Glaves:

-Total POS, and I suspect he has been a disappointment to all that he has encountered in his life. Nothing new with his latest scam.
    – If he gets to the point that he feels the heat from all of those he has scammed or lied to, I am sure some people in Elko, NV will accept him with open arms.
    – This clown appeared to have a good military record and chose to disregard it for a BS story that came home to roost.

A few words to the people that bought his Viet Nam vet story:

– What makes believe broken-down bums when they clam service in Viet Nam? Is it some kind of worn-out biker appearance that gives them extra credibility? Is it the incoherent BS they rattle? Use your common sense and ask yourself, “Why am I being told this BS?” Learn some history and do some math. I think you insult decent Viet Nam veterans when you see an old bum and assume he is a Viet Nam vet.

The FOIA says “INFATRYMAN”
    Somebody at NPRC has a sense of humor.

Of the four high school photos, which one
    is not like the others?

• Daisy Cutter says:

Uh… he’s not smiling in the military photo?

Looks more like a criminal mug shot.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Nah, that’s for his employee badge as a junior assistant associate towel fluffer at Brucies Bath House (Entrance in the Rear).

30. 7711C20 says:

I am now 62 years old now, so I come from the same time period and enlisted after graduating high school and was no where near the Vietnam war except watching on the news and the closest I go to the country was a later deployment to South Korea with the 25th ID. With the grace of God I was a peace time soldier (straight leg infantry). I feel weird if someone thanks me for my service, when there are others who have gave so much more, some are close friends and relatives of mine. The more I read about these guys with real service I just don’t get their mindset, the posers who never served make more sense to me.

31. Mick says:

After reading through the comments that are posted in defense of this guy over at the linked Military Phonies page, it looks like we could also get a visit from a sockpuppet or two here at TAH at some point today.

It’ll be a real barrel of laughs around here if it happens…

In todays mail I received the latest issue of the
    VA Agent Orange Newsletter. No shit.

33. ninja says:

Am guessing the American Legion Riders from Port Angeles as well as the Newspaper Report failed to Fact-Check Robert Elgin Glaves,Jr. story.

Robert Elgin Glaves, Jr was once with the 2/75th RANGER Regiment at Fort Lewis?

He probably ran into Lester Kent Brown of Elko, Nevada at one of 2/75th Reunions or on a Bike trip to DC.

*sarc*

😉🙄

34. ninja says:

“Kelly”‘s last rant on Military Phonies. “She” admits she does not understand Military paperwork:

“Here is my final rant on this topic then I gotta bury this. I can’t go to war with you on social media because you clearly have the upper hand. I am also not a military person so I don’t understand what all the paperwork even means. I am really not even clear what the argument is. All I know is that I believe my friend, and I know that man went to a foreign land called Vietnam and did things that keep him up at night. I really don’t understand the argument. Is the question was he in Vietnam the day on or The day after the war ended? Does that distinguish something? Is the question was he there in the first place? Aren’t some things confidential in the government that you wouldn’t be privy to? I may be a moron when it comes to social media and trying to decode the paperwork but I do know a Combat Veteran when I see one because I have worked with many veterans with PTSD for years. And I think a more important conversation to be having about veterans (if you actually care) is why 20 a day commit suicide in this country.”

• Mick says:

“Aren’t some things confidential in the government that you wouldn’t be privy to?”

— sigh —

Did anybody else on Team TAH just catch a whiff of the standard poser “classified records/Black Ops/I can’t talk about it” bullshit?

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yeah, and then when she’s still told ‘it’s hogwash’, she runs away, because she has better things to do than listen to people disillusion her.

The magic beans aren’t quite so magical these days, are they?

• Mick says:

“All I know is that I believe my friend, and I know that man went to a foreign land called Vietnam and did things that keep him up at night.”

— Ugh —

Stolen Valor posers and the gullible people who enable them keep me up at night.

• Daisy Cutter says:

She forgot to add…

And I know this because… well, he told me. This is a standard of proof that overrides any official documentation that you can obtain from the US Government. I have been blessed with a super-uncanny-sixth sense ability to determine if people are telling me the truth. It is impossible for someone to lie to me because of this special gift that I possess.

• marinedad61 says:

Bingo, Mick and Daisy Cutter.
          The Elko Phony and the pretender defenders of Nevada
          have kept more than a few people up at night.
          That growing sum now includes many in and around Elko.
          Some of them deserve to lose sleep.
          Anticipating the forthcoming Apology From Elko.
          We may now have a matching Apology From Alaska coming soon, too.

• NHSparky says:

Newsflash.

I’ve been coming here for going on 8 years. The number of posers who have issued an apology and not gone back to their shitbaggery can be counted on one hand with several fingers left over.

Most hunker down, a lot of them double down, and a few like Bernath, et al, go full blown weapons grade stupid.

IOW, don’t hold your breath.

• marinedad61 says:

Thanks.
              That was true with my personal / family run-in in 2015.
              And, it wasn’t his first time getting busted.
              An ex-wife divorced him over it,
              and he did it again to another woman. But he picked the wrong woman, with a relative who could spot a phony with a fake DD-214. It took 4 months (of family civil war) to break him, and make him vanish.

It’s good to hope, that others might break more quickly, if at all.
              So I hope.
              Thanks again.

• Cameron Kingsley says:

Good ole Bernath. He certainly was something else entirely. I think it will be years before someone can top his idiocy or even become equal to it.

• Ret_25X says:

I suspect a desperate dependa working her 5th “man” and needs this guy’s money to survive…

• Hack Stone says:

Vietnam, Vermont, you say potato, Hack says potahto. If he truly was over there, he would be calling it Viet of The Nam like all of the heroes.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Ft. Lewis is not a foreign land. If something kept ol’ Bob up at night, it might have been TB syndrome.

He’s told her that HE was in the Viet of the Nam in some undefined timeline between 1975 and 1978, so how come he isn’t in jail? I mean, after all, people, he enlisted SIX FREAKING MONTHS AFTER the evacuation to US Navy ships standing off the coast of South Vietnam, so how come he isn’t in the Saigon jail for trespassing as an illegal alien??

• 26Limabeans says:

“And I think a more important conversation to be having about veterans (if you actually care) is why 20 a day commit suicide in this country.”

You are being lied to about that also.
      This site ran an excellent in depth analysis
      of the claim just a few months ago.
      Fleshed it all out and showed how such false
      claims are created out of whole cloth.
      Do you just blindly accept everything you read
      and hear? And parrot it as truth?
      The world is gonna roll you if hasn’t already.

Someone needs to show this stupid bint a history book on the Vietnam war and point out her that her lover?/friend was fifteen years old when the war was completely over for US combat troops March 1973. But for most US infantry units, it was over in early 1972. When I arrived in country in late June, 1970, the last US troops were being withdrawn from Cambodia. I saw them getting off the aircraft at Thann Son Nhut (sp?) AFB. Guess what, none of them looked to be 12 year-olds, like her boyfriend biker back in 1970. Also, he likely was bounced from Ranger School for something at which he has excelled: lying. One usually can’t bullshit Ranger instructors and get away with it.

• 26Limabeans says:

“When I arrived in country in late June, 1970, the last US troops were being withdrawn from Cambodia”

I DEROSED in Late 70 with an early out.
        The drawdown was on and they could not
        get people out of there fast enough.
        Bob was just beginning puberty and
        playing with his clit.

• Hack Stone says:

She doesn’t understand math. The guy was not old enough to serve in Viet Of The Nam. Maybe he can tell us what unit he went to Viet Of The Nam and Cam Of The Bodia with, unless those records are sealed in the same vault as Lester Brown Stain’s records.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Maybe he can tell us why he wasn’t thrown into jail by the Vietnamese government if he was there after April 20, 1975. After all, he enlisted SIX Months after the last Americans left, so how come he wasn’t in jail if he was there?????

35. Rockydoc says:

POS washed out of Ranger School=not a Ranger.
    POS spent less than week in 2/75th as usual to be filled in to a leg inf bn.= no Ranger duty.
    POS never went OCONUS= never sniffed the paddies.
    POS must think he caught the last copter off the embassy in Saigon.= F### him!!!

• Steve Balm says:

I’m learning there were a LOT of people on that copter if you believe all the stories.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Uh, guys, the building in that famous photo is a hotel in Saigon. It’s still there, intact.

And there were other helos elsewhere, not just that one, some of which made more than one trip.

• 26Limabeans says:

From Newsweek at the time:

The Day of the Copters

“Eleven marines crouched on the flat roof of the U.S. Embassy, nervously fingering their M-16 rifles. From time to time, shots rang out from below, where thousands of Vietnamese milled about angrily in the embassy courtyard. Other Vietnamese were already rampaging through the lower floors of the six-story building, trying to make their way up tear-gas-filled stairwells. Suddenly, the whine of a helicopter could be heard in the distance and the Marines fired a red-smoke grenade to mark their position. As the U.S. CH-46 Sea Knight touched down on the roof, the Marines piled into the chopper. The last man scrambled aboard with the embassy’s American flag—neatly folded, and stuffed inside a brown-paper bag.”

• Hondo says:

That was a different helicopter and a different building – one that was indeed large enough for a CH-46 to land on its roof.

• 26Limabeans says:

Yeah, I know.
          Did not intend to associate it with the photo. Very different birds.
          I was refering to the actual Embassy.

• Hondo says:

Just wanted to clarify – many people think that the 1st photo above (the one with the Huey) was taken at AmEmb Saigon.

36. ninja says:

Here you go, “Kelly”.

You can dedicate this Classic Three Dog Night Song from you to Robert Elgin Glaves, Jr:

“LIAR”

“I won’t ever leave while you want me to stay
    Nothing you could do that would turn me away
    Hanging on every word
    Believing the things I heard
    Being a fool
    You’ve taken my life, so take my soul
    That’s what you said and I believed it all”

• marinedad61 says:

Ninja, way cool.

I like to dig out this 1966 Top 20 hit LIES,
      which had the (false) hype that it was THE BEATLES
      releasing 1 more 1964ish Beatlemania fab four hit undercover.

37. AL says:

Thank you for your efforts.
    I live in Port Angeles and was one of the people duped by this. I am especially embarrassed because I served USN 83-87,and my father retired after 26 yrs in the USAF and was a Viet Nam vet. I will be curious to see if the local paper PDN or Konp our local news/radio picks this up. AL.

PII removed.
    AW1Ed

• Perry Gaskill says:

Speaking as an Army vet, your gesture, while somewhat misdirected, is not completely unappreciated. Much better than, say, coming home from RVN and getting screamed at for being a baby stabber.

It also wouldn’t make me unhappy to hear one day that Ram Bob has had karma catch up in the form of hungry bears…

• marinedad61 says:

Al…. You (and others in your local area) could be instrumental
      in seeing through the follow up story on “Alaska Bob”.

Newspapers, radio, and TV (nationwide) are much more receptive and responsive to local area disappointed (or angered) veterans and citizens, than they are to disappointed and angered veterans 2,000 miles away.

Being willing to give a quote, or an on-air interview, goes a long way to getting the story published or aired.

Thanks (for your service).

38. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Cocksucker.

39. 3/17 Air Cav says:

It’s phony’s like “Butt Plug Bob” that perpetuate the myth about we Vietnam vets. We’re all a bunch of broke, drug addicted, uneducated, losers. It could not be further from the Truth. We are better educated and make more money than our peers.

This asshat comes along, and is so fucked up, he has to makeup stories, accept charity, so he can go visit the Wall that represents a war that he had nothing to do with!

What a fucking loser!

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Given how we’ve seen critters like Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” freeloading on the coattails of Genuine Vietnam Veterans, I wonder what we ME Vets are going to see in years to come? Last I heard was that every Genuine VIetnam Vet has at least 20 posers riding his or her coattails.

Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” NEVER served with the US Army in Vietnam according to records found.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” DID attend US Army Ranger School BUT DID NOT graduate.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” IS NOT a recipient of the CIB.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” DID serve in the US ARMY but decided to defecate all over himself by lying about it.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” looks like he blows winos for spare change behind bus stops.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” has “NO FOREIGN SERVICE” on his DD214.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” AT LEAST did not drag an innocent Dog into his con game.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” DID genuinely earn his Airborne Wings.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” looks like he would fit right in with a certain clown troupe in Elko NV.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” Left the US Army as a Specialist Four (SP4).
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” looks and acts like he should not be left alone around Women or Children.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” entered the US Army in 1975, TOO LATE to have served in Vietnam.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” spun his story to con money out of people for his “Bucket List” ride the The Wall in DC.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” has some ‘splainin to do to some folks.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” DID earn his GED in 1977.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” CLAIMS that he has Cancer BUT given what else he has lied about makes me doubt that.
    Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” obviously already knows that he is wallowing in Google®™ fame and Robert Elgin Glaves Jr, better known as “Alaska Bob” or just plain “Bob.” will now find out that THE INTERNET IS FOREVER.
    ((((OVER))))

41. marinedad61 says:

“Alaska Bob” has an opinion!
    April 04, 2017
    A word from reader Bob Glaves on ELDs:

I think the judges and the people in FMCSA that think [ELDs are] a good idea need to put an ankle bracelet on for one month so the general public can keep track of them.
    ELDs are nothing more than an ankle bracelet.
    One click on a computer and there you are.
    It takes a court order to put an ankle bracelet on a criminal.
    FMCSA and the 7th Circuit Court are saying all truck drivers are criminals by mandating ELDs.
    Think about it.
    I’m opposed to this B.S. law.
    –Bob Glaves, Sterling, Ak.

• Mason says:

Among the many varied hats I’ve worn, one of those was commercial vehicle inspector. ELDs are no more a leash than the old log books on paper. They’re just more accurate and harder to forge or have a second/real log. The paper logs still had your locations and times on it. You’re entire life for the last two weeks was just as easy to track.

Not surprised a lying shitbird like Glaves would be against something that forces him to be more honest.

• marinedad61 says:

Understood. Of course.
        The real issue for some drivers and ELDs,
        is the uncanny trend of long stops at truck stops with casinos,
        and a threat to the side trips to bars and whorehouses.

What a way to bring attention to yourself, on a magazine website.

42. Slick Goodlin says:

Just an observation.

Sometimes times you get dealt or deal yourself, what might be call an, “asterisk”, military career.

There a, “rest of the story”, that can get tiresome having to explain, so maybe you just stop trying.

You volunteered for the Infantry around the Vietnam years? It must have been rough over there.

Well…I never got deployed to Vietnam, it was over.

You volunteered and served in a Ranger Battalion? Wow, you really must be tough and disciplined. I hear only the best make it through Ranger School!

Well…I flunked out of Ranger School and didn’t meet Battalion standards and got transferred out.

And so on.

Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma
    Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma
    Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo
    Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and Padilla, I’m a killer

I’ve been everywhere, man
    I’ve been everywhere, man
    Crossed the desert’s bare, man
    I’ve breathed the mountain air, man
    Of travel I’ve a’had my share, man
    I’ve been everywhere

Perfect.

46. Green Thumb says:

This loser needs to stay away from ice cream and kids.

“Alaska” Bob and “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics).

47. sbalm says:

From the Military Phony site:

******** ATTENTION: DONORS TO ROBERT GLAVES’ EFFORTS ********

If you feel that you were unfairly influenced by a narrative that stated that Robert Glaves, aka ‘Alaska Bob,’ served in combat in both Vietnam and Cambodia, please use the following report form to submit your case to the FBI.

Falsely holding oneself out to be a combat veteran is a federal crime in violation of the Stolen Valor Act of 2013. By your submission as a donor taken in by this story, you are not making a judgement of innocence or guilt, but merely indicating suspicion which will allow the FBI to look into it.

Mr. Glaves has been given ample opportunity to come clean or supply evidence to the contrary as to why his official military records and other evidence do not support his claims of being in combat in Vietnam or Cambodia. He has not taken advantage of an opportunity to shed light on this situation and instead has adopted a policy of complete silence.

We call upon you to take action and protect the integrity of all legitimate combat veterans, but especially those that did serve in Vietnam during the war.

******** ATTENTION: DONORS TO ROBERT GLAVES’ EFFORTS ********