New Award for National Guard

| March 5, 2021

The new D.C. Inauguration Support Ribbon features blue, white and red bands and a miniature of the Washington, D.C. flag in the center (Photo courtesy D.C. National Guard)

National Guard troops who deployed to the nation’s capital to provide security following the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol Building will be awarded local service ribbons, a defense official said Friday.

The District of Columbia National Guard plans to award at least one of two ribbons to all soldiers and airmen who supported the security mission before, during and after the 59th presidential inauguration in recognition of their service.

More than 26,000 National Guard members from all 50 states, D.C., and three territories were deployed ahead of the inauguration to support local and federal law enforcement agencies

AW1 Rod sends.

Guard Members Who Deployed for the Inauguration Are Getting a Brand-New Award

Tens of thousands of National Guard troops who deployed to Washington, D.C., ahead of a 2021 inauguration under threat of violence are eligible for a brand-new award in recognition of their service, Military.com has learned.

The D.C. National Guard has created a new “Presidential Inauguration Support Ribbon” in recognition of a deeply unusual security mission earlier this year, an official confirmed to Military.com.

“In recognition of their service as part of the security mission at the U.S. Capitol and other facilities in Washington, D.C., before, during and after the 59th Presidential Inauguration, the District of Columbia National Guard plans to present all Soldiers and Airmen who took part in the mission one or both of the following decorations: the District of Columbia National Guard Presidential Inauguration Support Ribbon and/or the District of Columbia Emergency Service Ribbon,” Air Force Lt. Col. Robert Carver, spokesman for the Virginia Air National Guard and director of Joint Task Force-DC Joint Information Center, said in a statement. “Both ribbons are District-level decorations. Plans for their presentation are not yet final. Other federal decorations are also being considered.”

While the Emergency Service Ribbon previously existed to honor Guard members who serve in support of a non-war emergency or crisis, the Presidential Inauguration Support Ribbon is new, designed specially for troops from D.C. and the other 53 states and territories who participated in the 2021 deployment.

Clearly a new participation award is needed to commemorate the occasion. Read the entire article here: Military.com

Thanks, Rod.

Category: "Your Tax Dollars At Work", Guest Link, National Guard

1. Only Army Mom says:

Is this from The Onion, Babylon Bee or Duffle Blog?

2. Claw says:

Okay, let me get this straight. The three red stars in the middle stand for protecting Gropey Joe, Da Ho and Puglosi?

Have I got that right?/s

3. Sapper3307 says:

I am expecting to see The House Drinker trying to pin on a few for the photo op.
    p.s she could drink us all under the table.

4. Andy11M says:

the absolute worst “thanks for showing up” award I have ever seen.

5. Sparks says:

Air Force members with 3-4 years of service already have racks that look like they went to hell and back with Audie Murphy. So, they need yet another one I guess.

Never was in the Guard so I can’t speak about them.

• Dennis - not chevy says:

Let’s not be hasty. I was in the Air Force and am forever grateful to whoever it was that replaced hash marks with a ribbon and the Expert Marksman badge with a ribbon. I am not fond of the training ribbon.

6. Sparks says:

I wonder what its precedence will be for active duty.

7. KoB says:

Welp, seems like ALL the Deplorables that saw this coming got it right.

‘stead of the 3 stars, it shoulda had a pair of high heels (with the heels pointing up) framing a bottle of Vodka.

• Anonymous says:

…with Qanon Shaman device.

• timactual says:

Hell’s bells, I thought we were joking when we chatted about the awards and war stories those Guard folks would have for their grueling and bloody campaign in DC. I guess it’s still a joke, but a pretty sad one.

If the Guard deserves a ribbon for their brief sojourn in the district, the actual residents deserve sainthood. It may still be a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

8. John Seabee says:

“Give me enough medals and I’ll win you any war”

― Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon’s Art of War

Just saying…

No devices?

• Claw says:

Given the time of the year, maybe a *Wintered Over Device*?

• ChipNASA says:

Remember Bernath’s Gravesite photo? Yeah, I did that.
      I don’t have it but it’s been posted here and I think one of the admins here has it because they’ve posted it here in remembrance…anyway, I digress…

Yeah, because I’m kind of a dick like that,
      If you gots like, half a brain, you’ll get the joke…
      (yes I know it’s not centered. I didn’t want to mess up the stars…deal with it. Oh and it’s just more money out of the fucking Joe’s pockets to buy like 3 or 4 of these for their racks and then they have to upgrade their rack backing mount or maybe you want be big time and buy a pre-manufacturer rack and that’s like $10, $15, $20 $150 whatever and then, well, you probably have to get one entire NEW rack worth of shit because your old shit is dirty or dusty or faded or worn out so, it’s no longer good enough…you remember…)
      SO, I present this to you….it’s self explanatory…

• AW1 Rod says:

Yes! The DCISR w. Cluster is awarded to those Guardsmen who helped erect the concertina-wire wall around DC’s new “Green Zone.” Also known as “Fort Pelosi.” Formerly known as the U.S. Capitol.

• timactual says:

Only a matter of time. Every four years, at least, from now on.

• Green Thumb says:

A pack of smokes for each pack smoked while fucking off and sitting on your ass.

“Other federal decorations are also being considered”

MOH for resisting the massive insurrection while under phony fire from nobody carrying firearms except an
    un named individual killing an unarmed citizen.

• ChipNASA says:

HEY!!!
      They were *all* armed, unless I missed seeing a double amputee protesting there. DUH!!!!
      (Demoncrap thinking)

• QMC says:

The flagpoles and signs were considered “weapons”, and thus the use for the “armed insurrection” terminology.

Sen Ron Johnson did a great interview with the Assistant FBI Director yesterday on the Senate floor, on the Jan 6th incident:

“How many firearms were confiscated?”

“Uh, none that we’re aware of.”

“And how many shots were fired?”

“Only the shots that resulted in the death of the one girl, Senator”

And by the one girl, they mean the unarmed Air Force veteran climbing through the window. Should she have done that? No, absolutely not. Should it resulted in her death? I definitely don’t think so.

The point of it all, is that this entire thing has been exaggerated and fabricated to the point to where they can make it into something more than it was to justify their means of more control.

“Armed insurrection”

Don’t make me laugh.

What the hell do they call the last nine months of people burning down cities across America, including the siege on the White House and arson at Historic St John’s across the plaza?Do they plan on giving out ribbons for Law Enforcement, National Guard, and First Responders involved in those too?

Over the past month I’ve simply rolled my eyes at this nonsense. But I’m getting more and more irritated with the flagrant lies and misinformation being peddled about on what used to be called “news” sources.

11. Poetrooper says:

Color ol’ Poe surprised that the design of the ribbon doesn’t reflect the Democrat’s Rainbow Coalition…

12. Poetrooper says:

By the way, did anyone else notice that the acting chief of the Capitol police, Yogananda Pittman, Pelosi’s politically correct puppet, who is supposedly advising congressional leadership on the continued need for troops, received a 92% no-confidence vote from her force as soon as she was appointed?

13. Nguyen says:

I have a big issue with the following statement. Who is the 59th president of the US? Please do proof reading:

[Name edited to remove PII – Mason]

14. Duane says:

Sigh.. I spent 30 years in the Air National Guard, and crap like this makes my being retired so much easier all the way around. I never was one to play well with others or bite my tongue when I should, and this would have been the icing on the cake for me!

15. Graybeard says:

Everyone gets a participation trophy. /s

Whatcha wanna bet that most of the NG folks *forget* to pin that crap on?

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Then they get jacked for “out of uniform” by some snowflake

• OWB says:

Never worried much about that myself. The reg just didn’t require that all of them be worn, at least for us enlisted pukes.

I had a Senior Master Sergeant who got all sorts of awards in Viet Nam who refused to wear them all for an official pic once. The Commander asked really, really nicely and he squared away the ribbon rack for the pic, then changed it back to his personal selection. None of us knew that among his bazillion Air Medals he also had a Silver Star. Talk about humble – and he threatened us all with severe bodily harm if we ever mentioned it again.

That all may have changed by now, but USAF used to seem to have the idea that it was silly to punish you if you opted to NOT display stuff you earned. Made sense to me.

16. Mason says:

What the article leaves out is that it will be presented in a special box. As many awards do, the box will contain the medal, the ribbon, and a rosette for wear on civilian clothing. Additionally, it will come with a piece of undercooked chicken, some rotting fruit, and the presentation ceremony is required to take place in an unheated garage with everyone sitting on the concrete floor.

17. Anonymous says:

Ah, it’s a bullcrap Guard award that Medals of America won’t have to make ribbon sets.

• MarineDad61 says:

Anonymous,
      But this ribbon will be a great PHONY MAGNET.
      And, being a rack bottom feeder ribbon
      (like all National Guard ribbons),
      military phonies are likely to wear it somewhere higher up the rack,
      NOT at the bottom,
      and therefore 1 of the easiest future phony detectors.

• Anonymous says:

Good point. Can’t wait to hear the baloney stories they hatch to go along with it.

• KoB says:

TINS…”There I was, knee deep in rotten fruit, wading thru the blood of half cooked chicken…not an MRE in sight, when…suddenly, I spotted…leaning against a lamppost, swinging her purse, was the VICE prez, giving me a cum hither look…asking if I was looking for a good time. I carried her back to my hooch…wanting to love her long time…but the parking garage cement floor was cold…wet…I used my woobie to pad her knees…”

18. Buckeye Jim says:

On another note–How ridiculous is it to send NG troops from Guam, Hawaii, Alaska, etc. all the way to D.C. just so they can say “everyone” participated? Why do we still pay taxes?

19. Tallywhagger says:

No one should be so stigmatized, involuntarily. Ah well, we serve as we are called.

20. Poetrooper says:

Glenn Greenwald is a gay, liberal journalist, but one who is objective enough to continue to be called a professional journalist. Here’s his take on all the Democrat fear-mongering about the horrible threat from right-wing insurrectionists:

Will the concertina come down before the usual
    high school trips to Washington this Spring?
    I’ll bet they want to see this farce documented
    in high school yearbooks to keep the lie going.

• Claw says:

Do high schools still do the senior trip routine?

Only reason I’m asking is because the final senior trip for we poor folks living in West Hog Flats Indiana happened the year Ike was lying in state at the Capitol.

My sons who graduated in 1987 looked at me like I was going senile when I asked them when their senior trip was./s

22. OlafTheTanker says:

“Sleeping areas were rock hard, food sucked, and toilets were always disgusting – 3 out of 5 stars”

I can’t wait for the bumper sticker version.
    Gonna look great on the plow truck and the tractor.
    Snowblower, rototiller, dog house.
    Top of the toliet.
    Mark my words…there will be a postage stamp, and soon.
    What you will never see though is a memorial service
    for the dead on the yearly anniversary. Nobody will ever
    mention the one fatality or who shot her.

24. Alex Graham says:

They’re probably going to milk it out to have a wide-open end date. “For meritorious service above and beyond the call of dinner from 6 January 2021 to ___/____/______. Kinda like our old Vietnam Campaign Medals with the ’60’ device.

25. Green Thumb says: