Yer Friday Funny: That Song’s About WHAT?!!

| January 15, 2021

Here ya go: listen as Uncle John sings us “The Dildo Song”.

OK, people: get yer minds out of the gutter. The song’s about a community on Newfoundland.

Seriously.

Don’t believe me? Here’s a picture of the road sign for the community.

And here it is on Google Maps. Per Google Maps, there’s also apparently a place nearby called “South Dildo” which is – as you might have guessed – just a few miles south of Dildo. And there’s also a similarly-named island around a kilometer offshore from the community.

Oh, and they have a brewery too – the Dildo Brewing Company and Museum (reload the page if you get an error message and the website should come up correctly). It’s located at 1 Front Road, Dildo, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. (They also apparently have a second location in Saint Johns at 332 Water Street.)

No word on what their beer tastes like, though. (smile)

Category: Pointless blather, Who knows, WTF?, YGBSM!!

1. ChipNASA says:

Oblig…and proper manners

2. KoB says:

Heh heh…I was almost phalling down laffing. Such a symbol.

We are doubly blessed down heah. We have a City of Cumming and the Town of Climax. And yes, they are a good distance away, hard to get to and it takes awhile to get there…but not long to go thru.

• Lurker Curt says:

Phalling down!!! 😉

• Commissioner Wretched says:

They’re like my little corner of heaven, Waverly Hall … both sides of the sign say “City Limits.”

• Hondo says:

Georgia also has the town of “Jakin”.

FWIW: as I recall, Google Maps gives the distance between Jakin and Climax at between 35 and 40 miles. (smile)

• KoB says:

Hondo, I have been thru Jakin on my way to Climax. One of the several ways to get there.

• Hondo says:

Been to Climax a few times myself. But best I can recall, I’ve never gone there via way of Jakin – it was a side trip off the main route and I bypassed it. (smile)

3. Green Thumb says:

So, we finally found the birthplace of the False Commander “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics) whom we affectionately refer to as “Phildo”.

4. Berliner says:

ROAD TRIP! Dildo to Uranus… Uranus, MO that is,
    Population 189 on old Route 66 next to Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Home of the Uranus Fudge Factory.

5. AZRobert says:

Hope,Arizona…a few miles outside of the town heading west is a sign that says, “You are now beyond Hope!”.

6. AW1Ed says:

Loveville in the PDRofMD. Really just a wide spot on Rt. 5, but people like to send valentines through there for the postal stamp.

• Hondo says:

And for those truly unlucky guys out there, we have Onancock, VA. It’s on Virginia’s eastern shore (bayside), just west of US13. Passed through the area a couple of times, but never visited the town.

I kinda wonder if Pee Wee Herman has a vacation cottage there, though. (smile)

7. DocV says:

Did a tour at NAVFAC Argentia, Nfld. Always a source of amusement.

8. Milo Mindbender says:

Coincedentaly the town of Dildo NFLD is off Conception Bay, which isn’t how this works.
    Water street in St John’s NFLD is 1 block off the main harbor channel, that and Duckworth are the 2 night spots, I was stationed in Argentia back in tbe late 80’s and had a pretty good time there.