MRFF Is At It Again

| January 21, 2020

Looks like Mikey Whinestein is at it again. He wants inspirational dogtags to be verboten to the troops.

From the article:  When America sends her men and women into harm’s way, she is duty-bound to ensure those brave men and women are equipped for battle.

Our military is obligated to prepare our troops for the rigors of combat — physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. But in its latest attack on religious freedom in our military, the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), actually seeks to undercut our troops’ spiritual readiness by denying them the ability to obtain replica dog tags with Bible verses inscribed on them. This is both legally and morally wrong.

Recent events and headlines serve to remind us that tensions remain high in the Persian Gulf region. In response, the U.S. is increasing its military presence in the region, with more on the way. Within the coming weeks and months, thousands of American troops will leave their families and loved ones to head “downrange” in order to protect our nation. – article

The maker of these replica dogtags donates them to the troops. The recipients can choose to accept them or refuse them, as they are under no obligation to accept them.

Isn’t that what religious freedom means? Choice is a personal matter, isn’t it? Something about ‘you have a choice….’ must be escaping Whinestein’s withered mind. These are donated, not mandatory, but Whinestein has been so demanding about denying the offer to the troops that the Pentagon brass knuckled under on it. It seems to me that, if the troops want them, they should be able to have them, especially if they are donated. But they can refuse them if they don’t want them, right?  It’s really none of his business, in this case.

Read the article. Maybe it’s time someone clamped down on Mikey’s sanctimonious backside.

Category: "The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves", Ivory Tower Idiocy

1. Sarge says:

Can we get the MRFF’s address?

Its about time for a “Diapers for Mikey” campaign.

2. Cameron Kingsley says:

He should probably ask the troops what they think. But then he would probably get severely beaten.

• Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

No shit, I’m a non-believer but this guy no more represents my world view than than the mullahs in the middle east…

Fuck that guy.

• Cameron Kingsley says:

Personally VOV, it would be no skin off my nose if it did happen to him. And no, his actions do not make me think any less of you. Mickey was most likely an asshole from the day he was born.

CK, I would love to call a “Come to Jesus Meeting” with ol’ Mikey. You can rest assured that he would be praying to a deity of some sort before that meeting concluded. We have a choice. We can chose to believe or not to believe. We can chose to practice or not to practice.

I’ll let God sort ’em out. I personally think that even buzzards and worms would turn down the chance to snack on ol’ Mikey. He seems to have a taint about him.

• Cameron Kingsley says:

I agree with you on him being tainted KOB.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

My bet is that Mikey WHINEstein was THAT KID in school that nobody wanted to associate with so they just left him talking to himself in the corner. I bet he has no one working with him because he’s an antisocial micromanager that nobody can stand working with and those who do work with him only do so for the money.

• thebesig says:

Or, even if they just explained to him their disagreement with what he is doing. His reaction would be priceless.

3. SFC D says:

I got my first set in 2002. They were donated to the 86th, available through the chaplain, and wear was strictly voluntary. I got several different sets over the years, never heard a whimper about them from any non-christian Soldier. Mikey, get a life. Your act is getting old.

And just for the record, I do not appear in that picture.

4. SFC D says:

Mikey’s little klan claims that their suit was about the use of the armed services’ official, licensed logos on the tags. I think we can agree that it was just a convoluted means to the desired end of banning religious tags.

Another Starbollocks asked cops to leave because their customers ‘didn’t feel safe around them’.

6. Hey mikeymouse, I’m a Vet and I wear one of my original dog tags and a star of David around my neck, so WTF are you going to do about it. Get a life instead of sucking up the worlds O2 supply.

7. AW1Ed says:

Not going to provide a link, but Shields of Strength products can be viewed at Amazon.

Mikey WHINEstein needs to be forced to apologize to every plant in existence for wasting the oxygen that they provide.

9. RetiredDevilDoc8404 says:

Mikey missed a promising career as a hemorrhoid, criminy what a PITA. Let’s dump a vat of Preparation H on him and maybe he’ll disappear…

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I say just dump some salt on his ass and watch him turn into a writhing blob of snot like the slug he is…

10. Club Manager, USA ret. says:

How many of you are old enough to remember when they included a troop’s religion on their dog tag. I still have one with my religion on it.

Yep. And the troops that claimed that didn’t believe in a Supreme Deity were informed by the DS that they better give their Soul to One, because their ass now belonged to the DS. I’ve got one of mine on the long chain with a P38 on it. Daughter has the other one.

• SFC D says:

You can get “NO RELIG PREF” on your tags. Mine say CHR NO DENOM”

11. Stacy0311 says:

So Mikey’s pissed because service members have dog tags with religious verses and service logos. Somebody need to inform Mikey that the real military isn’t like his Top Gun fantasies, we actually wear our dog tags UNDER our shirts not hanging out while we sweatily play volleyball.
    It’s 2020 Mikey you can be open now.