‘Alaska Bob’ Glaves – Preview of Coming Attractions

| September 25, 2019

A lot of people have been asking behind the scenes what is happening with the ‘Alaska Bob’ Glaves’ case – adding that all they hear is crickets, including around the town of Port Angeles, WA.  This is the community where a lot of people participated in the ride supporting Bob and donated to the charity to help him get to the Vietnam War Memorial to see the names of his war buddies one last time before he dies.

Here is what we know:

Military Records – Several organizations are conducting their own investigation and trying to get Bob’s military records on their own.  We are confident the records they get will be similiar if not exactly the same as what we’ve already posted.  We have encouraged this so people can see for themselves directly from the National Archives.

These organizations include one charity and the local newspaper.  It sounds as if there is a forthcoming article and if published, we will provide the link here.

Bob’s “Response” – We also have gotten word that Bob is preparing a response complete with a DD-214 that will supposedly exhonorate him and prove he was in Vietnam.  Well, we’re waiting.  What’s taking so long?  It shouldn’t be that hard.

In the meantime, we ask Bob to respond to these SIMPLE questions:

• What are the names of the war buddies KIA on the Vietnam Wall that you went to visit?  They say that people truly only die when you stop uttering their name.  You would honor them by telling us their names.
  • What unit did you serve in while in Vietnam?  As above, this shouldn’t take any research at all.  You should know this and let it roll off the tip of your tongue.
  • Why does your photo show up in the 1975 Rogue River Oregon Yearbook in the Junior section (page 49) when you were supposedly in Vietnam that year?

• Why can’t you provide your Alaska driver’s license?  You can put tape over the Month and Day of birth.  We only want to see the birth year which should be 1958.
  • Why can’t you provide your DD-214?  What’s taking so long?  Most all veterans have their DD-214 readily available. I just can’t understand what is taking so long.  If it is going to take a long time, the least you can do is say why.
  • Why can’t you make a statement about all of this?  Just simply say you dispute the findings and you were in fact, in Vietnam.  Or better yet, come clean and say you weren’t.

Bob, the wisest course of action for you to take at this point is to come clean with your immediate family first.  If you’ve been telling them the Vietnam story for years, it is time to come clean and be honest with them.

Then, after your immediate family, you owe it to the good people that supported you, went on the ride with you, and donated to your “cause.”  Wouldn’t you agree that they deserve to hear the truth?

What is taking so long, Bob?  Are you really hoping for some kind of a miracle at this point?  People are taking all the right steps to acquire all the proper documentation but you may be forgetting something – we’ve already seen it.

We’ve already seen your bankruptcy which links you to a certain past address.

We’ve already seen your felony conviction for tampering with evidence that has your date of birth on it.  [Spring of 1958]

We’ve already seen the dozens of criminal charges that you have with your correct date of birth on each one of them.

We can easily contact one of your four siblings or high school classmates and ask them to confirm/deny your “military service in Vietnam” but we don’t like to involve family.  However, if you continue the ruse and people need to see witness statements, we may feel like you’ve forced our hand.

What is taking so long, Bob?

Come clean, Bob.  You are dragging people down with you.  The gig is up, Bob.  Apologize and let everyone begin the process of cleaning up the mess.  I feel you will experience a sense of relief that you don’t have to lie anymore.  It is much easier to tell the truth.

EXTRAS

Someone sent this link to a radio show where Bob says he was in Vietnam and Cambodia.

A note from the investigator that has worked the Robert Glaves case.

It is my understanding that Mr. Glaves has not come clean about him never being in Vietnam during the war.

That door is only going to be open so long.  I will then begin the process of getting sworn witness statements from Glaves’s high school classmates, at least those willing to do so.  They don’t have to comment on Vietnam, only that they saw him in 1974 – 1975 in high school.  Same for family members.

You can promise Mr. Glaves the following – if I have to put the time into this, time that I feel is unnecessary due to evidence already presented, I’m not to be confused with a “Que será, será” man.

This means that once these statements, background report and all other pertinent documents are acquired and Bob comes out crying and laughing and saying it was all a big joke that got out of hand… I can GUARANTEE you that I’m not going to just shrug my shoulders and say “Oh well, que será, será” and toss all my work into the trash.

No, it is being compiled into a comprehensive package and being shipped out to the FBI, veteran’s groups, local law enforcement, the state and local district attorney and anything or anybody else I can think of.

The work will have been done and I’m not simply giong to discard it- Glaves had his chance and squandered it.

Tell Bob that if this was poker, we already know what’s in his hand so the bluff doesn’t work anymore.  He needs to “play out a bad hand” as they say.

Category: Phony soldiers, Stolen Valor, Viet Nam

1. Claw says:

What I’m waiting for is some actual evidence that Bob ever made it to the Wall. All I’ve seen so far is media coverage of him leaving to start the ride to go see the Wall.

To my mind, this whole “I was in Vietnam and Cambodia in 1975” malarkey was a scam set up by both Bob and Kelly (Yes, in cahoots with each other from the git-go) to get pocket money (1200 bucks) for gas and grub from the Pennies For Quarters foundation/association to make this years run to Sturgis and back./s

• 26Limabeans says:

I’ll bet they we at the Elko chilli fest.
      Turds of a vest.

• sbalm says:

It is interesting that you mentioned this.

Someone did point out that there were NO pictures of Glaves at the wall, only standard graphics of the wall found on the internet.

• Skyjumper says:

Just checked out this site, but SURPRISE…..not there anymore. Hmmmmmmm.

Claw’s comment was kinda interesting to me, so I did some adding, subtracting, goes into’s and carried a few ones over & came up with this.

From Soldotna,AK to Washington, D.C.:

4423 miles away
        74 hours (approx. 57 mph)

…………………………………….

From Soldotna,AK to Sturgis,ND:

3079 miles away
        54 hours (approx. 57 mph)

They supposedly left AK on Sunday, 21 July.

Sturgis festivities officially began on Friday, 2 August.

I think Claw is on to something. (smile)

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

VERY interesting!!!

• Ex-PH2 says:

A little over 6100 miles roundtrip from AK to Sturgis. That is considerably shorter than the 8800++ miles roundtrip to WDC, not to mention facing whatever inclement weather that they may have run into crossing the mountains, going and coming.

And that is assuming that they took a straightline route to either destination, never mind the return ride.

I’ve had my suspicions from the start, because those dates and “AK Bob’s” dates of actual service vice the actual period of the Vietnam War simply do not add up to anything but hogwash, hot air, and base fraud.

Frankly, I doubt they even went to Sturgis. More likely, they just left town and took a nice vacation somewhere else.

• Greg says:

My butt is sore just writing this.
            He actually rode down to Port Angeles, WA for a send off. Then to D.C. via Sturgis, then D.C. back to AK –about 9,700 miles in 4 weeks!
            If I get a terminal illness I can only hope to have half that amount of energy. On the facebook page they did have photos of them in Sturgis.
            This is near 350 miles a day, 7 days a week, for 4 weeks. I’ve never ridden a motorcycle but I can hardly stand driving 300 miles a day for a two day trip.

• Martinjmpr says:

When did they move Sturgis to North Dakota? Last time I was there it was in South Dakota. 😉

• marinedad61 says:

600 mile days wear a Harley ass mighty sore.
          12 of them?

250 mile days straight to Sturgis keeps a Harley ass fit for partying.

My wager is on the partying.

• AO2(NAC) says:

I think he was coming from Port Angeles, WA. Here west of Seattle about an hour and a half not including the ferry ride- and waiting in line for the boat.

• Claw says:

Port Angeles, WA to Sturgis, SD is only about 2,460 miles round trip via I-90, even with a side trip to see the Crazy Horse Mountain or to take a spa day at Evan’s Plunge in Hot Springs.

• Greg says:

The picture posted on the facebook page was of Panel 66W – Line 4 for May 26, 1968.

• Mustang Major says:

Good point Claw.

Going cross country on a motorcycle, especially over a short period can be hard on the back. A lot of extended motorcycle trips have been cut short due to rider fatigue and discomfort. Judging by the photos of ”Alaska” Bob Glaves, his physique appears better suited or rides to local bars and BBQ joints as opposed to hard-core long-distance riding.

In Bob’s radio interview with his bestie, Kelly, he says his terminal illness (which he fails to identify) has caused his kidney function to be down to 14%. I have a great deal of trouble believing a guy with 14 percent kidney function would be riding a Harley 8800 miles cross-country. I have this image of Baloney Bob sitting at a stop light with all that Harley engine vibration traveling to his kidneys and them audibly screaming in agony. So, I think his claimed terminal illness that he says will kill him in the next year is about as real as Brown-stain Brown’s service in a Ranger battalion with a Ranger tab.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

I haven’t seen too many Hog riders with a dialysis machine in tow…

• 3/10/MED/b says:

Less than 15% kidney function is the last stage of the 5 stages of Chronic Kidney Failure.

No way in hell is he spending anytime on a motorcycle, unless it’s a display, and “Kelly” and another “War Buddy” help him on and off.

Bobbie, Bobbie, Bobbie…

The interwebz is forever.

• Friend says:

I have Polycystic kidney disease and mine are at 48%…I’ll be on the list at 30% and on dialysis. I am admitted to a hospital while pasing kidney stones.
            Love to hear his kidney story the lying shitbag.

• 3/10/MED/b says:

Peace to you. As you are painfully aware, PKD is genetic, and that’s a hard pill to swallow. I do not have the authority on this site, but I would like to follow up with you, and keep track on how you are doing.
              This fucker lying about kidney failure has gotta be pissing you off to no end.

Fuck him, and his ilk.

I finished the lectures last week, I start on the clinic tomorrow morning.
              Am I scared?
              Damn Skippy.
              Am I ready for it?
              Damn Skippy.

The powers that be on this website can give you my info.

Be safe. Follow your diet. I will STFU.

b out

• Friend says:

3/10…
                I passed it to my only grandchild, but not my daughter..I was raised in America by my parents, but, never knew my relatives in Amsterdam. Found my biological brother who said my Oma died of PKD.
                I was also blessed with Polycystic liver diease. All three are no longer visible via cat scan because of cysts and benign tumors, but I keep trucking for my granddaughter.

• 3/10/MED/b says:

Friend, I hope you’re doing ok.

After only a small time working in the clinic, I say again:
                  NO WAY IS ANYBODY RIDING A MOTORCYCLE IN STAGE 5 CKD.

Fuck Bob Graves.

Hang in there, Sir.

3/10/MED/b out

• Ex-PH2 says:

Yeah, I checked on that, too. These twatwaffles like Bob forget that all sorts of medical info is available online to help people make educated decisions about their health.

And in the kidney info, the Cleveland Clinic says this: A person with less than 10% to 15% kidney function will need to have treatment to replace kidney function. The treatment choices are dialysis, a process to cleanse the blood and body, or a kidney transplant. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15096-kidney-disease-chronic-kidney-disease

If ol’ Bob’s kidneys are so low that he needs real-world treatment, going on a prolonged trip on a bike is the last thing he should do. So he’s lying his ass off about that, too, which does not surprise me.

If Kelly fell for his sob story, it does not surprise me, but she would be better off working with shelter dogs that need someone to give them some hope, love and real attention, instead of hanging with and defending this lying sack of urine and defecatory byproducts.

• Hack Stone says:

Hack Stone saw a guy in a wheel chair riding a Harley on the Interstate in North Dakota maybe 1988 or 1989. He had a sidecar with a ramp to roll his wheelchair up. Around the same time frame, Hack also saw a guy who looked like Jesus walking on the shoulder carrying a large wooden cross. Or maybe Hack just imagined it after catching some second hand peyote smoke on the reservation.

Thanks for the preview/update on the coming events Steve. Always good to know about locals following up on POSes. We/y’all, here, pretty much know that the POSes will just double down, slink off, continue to deny, and just hope that MP/VG will get on someone else and they can fade back into the wood work of the bar/motorcycle club or whatever.

As I’ve commented before; y’all doing God’s work and paying Honors to Real Veterans. It is muchly appreciated. Thanks and Keep it up!

3. OWB says:

This guy sounds like one of those who would rather tell a lie than tell the truth when telling the truth is easier. That is just nuts, but it sure is fun to mess with a guy like that.

4. Berliner says:

Cue the cricket chorus!

5. Club Manager, USA ret. says:

Not a peep in response to my sending the expose to the Port Angles newspaper or the Pennies for Whatever crowd, or the American Legion Riders. Not one response, not one aw shit, nothing, nadda. That is why sonovabitches like Bob get away with this crap. Stay on this.

• sbalm says:

This has been sent to the American Legion but the AL Riders only provided an initial escort. I did get an “Oh, no.”

The PDN has been in touch. They sound as if they are definately doing a followup article but wanted get their own military records to verify. They said something about running with it anyway but the records should be coming back soon so I think they are waiting. Anticipate this week or early next.

Pennies for Quarters is doing their own investigation into the facts and have ordered military records, but the standard route will take 3-6 weeks.

I anticipate that the PDN will be the first to make a new statement on all of this. The others may accept their findings but we’ll see. There is the issue of donations collected based on a fraudulent story but you know how this all works… it will be that the donation solicitation was “generic” and for all veterans, not specific to Bob’s story.

When people take this much time, they usually are looking to go with a spin. Spin, spin, spin. It is all designed, of course, to mitigate culpability.

If you look at the photos before they were taken down, people were falling all over themselves to get in a photo with Bob.

Nobody wants to tell the good people that they were duped by a fraudulent story – duped into donating, duped into riding, duped into escorting. That’s the unvarnished truth. You’ve gotten the truth, now we are just waiting for the spin.

Spin takes a long time to manufacture, I suppose. *sigh*

• Poetrooper says:

“Nobody wants to tell the good people that they were duped by a fraudulent story – duped into donating, duped into riding, duped into escorting. That’s the unvarnished truth.”

You nailed it, sbalm. And the reason for that is the fact that they, for the most part, are good, decent people, unlike the shitbirds like Glaves who perpetrate these frauds.

I’m convinced that these Stolen Valor jerks are much like Democrat politicians, incapable of feeling human embarrassment, regardless of the disgraceful nature of their behaviors. They’re always “sorry” of course, but they’re sorry they got caught, not sorry for their transgressions.

• Wilted Willy says:

Tell me about it CM, even after all the attention my pos brother has got here and other sites and this pos is still getting his check every month He has been pulling off his scam now for 30 years and the checks keep coming??? When will somebody take action????
      End of Rant
      Willy

• Bones says:

The “Port Angeles newspaper” would be the Peninsula Daily News. I will attest to the fact that they are incapable of reporting facts. In every case I’m aware of personally, they have misstated the truth. That’s 100% over 16+ years.

Good luck with them.

• marinedad61 says:

The Peninsula Daily News was deleting new comments about Alaska Bob 3-4 days ago…
      However, (as of now) 1 comment stands.
      “Bob was never in Vietnam”.

Link to July 22 article.

6. Bob just’s Bobs along on his Bob O Link with his B.S.

7. Comm Center Rat says:

Alaska Bob proudly wears a DILLIGAF patch on the top left corner of his leather vest. That patch speaks more truth than Bob ever has.

• Martinjmpr says:

Like every other “individualist” biker out there, Bob almost certainly displays the “5 mandatory patches” on his black leather vest:

1. DILLIGAF (Do I Look Like I Give A F**K?)
      2. Helmet Laws Suck
      3. Loud Pipes Save Lives
      4. Jane Fonda, American Traitor Bitch
      5. Something about Vietnam

You can always spot these rugged individuals, they’re the ones riding identical bikes and wearing identical vests with identical patches.

That’s what makes them “individualists.”

• Duane says:

I’ve seen those vests on eBay for $9.99 with all of those patches already sewn on. They are exceptionally cheap leather (if it can be called that), and the patches match on being cheap ones, so people like Alaska Bob have a ready supply available to them.

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

I’m betting that they’re makee-in-Chinee at some sweatshop.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Ya know, I’m thinking about buying some of those patches coming out of China that are related to the Flying Tigers, those guys who flew The Hump from Burma into China ferrying supplies to US bases in China during WWII. I could get a bunch of them. They’re brand spanking new, nice machine embroidery, and then I could regale the ignorant with stories about how many crashes there were on those flights, how many times those guys flew back and forth, and how cold it was at 26,000 feet.
        You can always find a way to teach real history, but ol’ Bob wants to be history – or something. Gee whiz, he hasn’t even shown up on MP or here to defend his indefensible crap. He really is a crapweasel, letting Kelly stand in for him and defend him, and take the heat for him, too.

HE IS SUCH A F***KING JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel much better now. Potato salad (really good, too) sometimes gives me an inflated GI tract.

In that yearbook photo, ‘Alaska Bob’ Glaves is grinning like he just sucked a dick in a broom closet.

9. ninja says:

This is all PUBLIC INFORMATION:

This is the 2013 Obituary for Robert Elgin Glaves, Jr’s Father:

Note in the Obituary Robert Elgin Glaves, Jr’s Mother’s Maiden Name and where she and Robert Elgin Glaves Jr.’s Father were married in 1956 (California).

One can then go to this site (California Birth Index) and type in Robert Glaves:

In doing that, one will two Robert Glaves. However, one will see a Robert E. Glaves, with the date and the month as being born in 1958 in California:

Upon clicking that name, one can see the maiden name of the Birth mother, which matches the Obituary for Robert Elgin Glaves, SR.

If interested, one can also find Robert Elgin Glaves Jr’s siblings listed as well.

Just as Yearbook pictures, his parent’s wedding date and the California Birth Index, this is more proof that Robert Elgin Glaves Jr’s was born in 1958.

Most folks born in 1958 graduated from High School in 1976.

• AW1Ed says:

Released on personal recognizance from Moderator Jail for the offense of too many links.
      *grin*

• sbalm says:

He dropped out of HS after he was a Junior in 1975. He does not show up as a Senior in 1976.

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Looks like he dropped out of school because Larry had a job opening on his lube rack and he got his first chance to be a Towel Fluffer at Brucie’s Bath House (Entrance in the Rear).

• ninja says:

sbalm: Yes, I remember reading that in the Military Phonies post as well as the first TAH post on Glaves.

Just pointing out that the majority of folks born in 1958 graduate from high school in 1976. I have never met anyone born in 1958 or graduated from high school in 1976 that served in Vietnam or Cambodia.

As his records are noted, Glaves enlisted in the US Army in October 1975. Most folks start school in the August/September timeframe.

Wonder if he started his Senior Year in High School before dropping out and WHY he dropped out of High School. Trouble with the Law? Family Problems? Girl Problems? Poor grades at school? Lack of motivation?

The best thing that could happen is for the newspaper to do the right thing by updating their story based on the truth.

• Hondo says:

One thing’s for certain: people entering the military in October 1975 damn sure didn’t have to worry about being sent to Vietnam (or Cambodia) after basic training.

10. Green Thumb says:

Alaska Bob “Turd” Glaves.

11. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

‘Alaska Bob’ Graves could have ridden to Elko NV for some Chili served at some dive of a bar, swapped fake war stories, spit, patches and vest bling with Les Brown and his gang. I wonder if we’ll hear from “Kelly” on this thread?

IIRC when AK Boob’s err… AK Bob’s story FIRST broke, one of the linkies on Kelly’s comments showed that her group was having a chili cook off too. May have been on a ninja or marinedad61 comment. Maybe they did use some of the ASSociations menus. Prolly so, cause they have both served up some real sh^t soup sammiches.

12. FuzeVT says:

I was in the infantry fight at the Battle of Đồng Hới in ’72. Can people send me money, too? Don’t none of you say I wasn’t!

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

I was at Macho Grande and I’ve never asked for even a dime!

• Ex-PH2 says:

I spent days in the dark at Anacostia. I could use a supplement to my pay. I have a cat to feed.

• FuzeVT says:

I was in Stafford. That was as close as I want to be to DC!

(Except for that time in ’62 when I was at Antietam fighting for Burnside’s Bridge, of course!)

• Martinjmpr says:

I was in the Pun Tang Valley near the village of Phuc Hu when “Charlie” came at me with a rusty bayonet.

PAY ME TO RIDE MY MOTORCYCLE!!!!!1!

(Okay, the “Pun Tang Valley” was actually a strip bar and “Charlie” was technically a guy I owed money to, but still…)

• Keepin' It Real says:

You forgot to add an element of death and the clock ticking.

Your dream was to return to Pun Tang and see MamaSan one last time before you kicked the bucket. And give her any and all donations for child support.

• FuzeVT says:

You ever hear the story about
        The Little Engine That Could ?
        Let me tell you that story.
        Once upon a time,
        deep, deep in the jungle,
        there was a little engine
        that could.
        He was chuggin’ his way
        across the enemy line.
        Chugga, chugga, chugga.
        Chugga, chugga. Toot, toot !
        This little engine’s
        mission…
        was to take some AK-47s
        and a nuclear payload…
        over the mountain
        to the 2063 Battalion.
        Needless to say,
        there was plenty opposition.
        You think that stopped
        the little engine that could ?
        No, siree, Bob.
        He just kept chuggin’ along.
        Chugga, chugga, chugga.
        Chugga, chugga.
        Toot, toot !
        Not even when they climbed
        aboard the train and popped out
        the eyes of the conductor,
        and blood and snot was
        drippin’ out his eye sockets.
        You think that stopped
        the little engine that could ?
        Damn skippy.
        He just kept chuggin’ along.
        Chugga, chugga, chugga.
        Chugga, chugga. Toot, toot !
        It wasn’t until…
        Charlie rigged a bridge
        with plastic explosives…
        just as the little engine was makin’
        his way across the trestle.
        Boom !
        An explosion happened.
        And blood and guts and spit
        and ass was everywhere !
        And Bubba come
        crawlin’ out the back door,
        both legs missin’.
        Lula May’s baby boy !
        He look up at me.
        He said, “Payne !
        I can’t feel my legs.”
        I said, “Bubba,
        they ain’t there.”
        And I looked down,
        and them little bloody nubs
        was kickin’ real fast, like this here.
        And I said, “Bubba, it’s
        ‘Less you can flip upside down
        and walk on your hands,
        you ain’t gonna make it.”
        All of a sudden,
        Charlie was all over the place !
        It was just me and my sidearm.
        And I had
        no other alternative…
        but to blast my way out.
        “Die, pig ! Die ! You’ll never take
        Major Benson Winifred Payne alive !”
        Bam ! “I saw what you did
        to my friend !” Bam ! Bam ! Bam ! Bam !Bam ! Bam !

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

You’re missing the following elements:

– A tiger cage
        – Buddy dying in your arms
        – Sole survivor of a massacre
        – House boy named Long Duc Dong (GONG)
        – Hand picked for sooper seekrit skwirrl training as a SEAL/RECON/RANGER/GREEN BERET
        – File sitting in the President’s desk drawer that can only be seen with a 9/7 vote of a Joint Session of Congress.

• SFC D says:

I got stoned at the University of Mogadishu. Gimme money.

Myself and 186 of my land grabbing compatriots died at the Alamo in ’36.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Were they using pumice or coal to stone you? It’s important. Coal is fuel. You burn it and piss off ecohippies. Pumice is rock that floats. A big enough chunk could be a life raft for you.

13. ninja says:

Based on his lies, I bet Robert Elgin Glaves, Jr. does NOT have cancer.

• Poetrooper says:

That’s been my suspicion from the get-go with this turd. As a survivor, I can tell you, having cancer gains you much nicer treatment from your fellow beings than you might otherwise get, a situation ripe for exploitation by the unscrupulous.

• marinedad61 says:

I would never belittle or minimize someone’s cancer claim….

However, if Alaska Bob is still around in 4 years,
        and it takes him 16 years to die,
        I won’t be interested in hearing about the miracle medical treatments,
        or the trip to the Philippines
        to have holy chicken livers pulled out of his gut.

14. thebesig says:

Originally posted by Steve Balm:

Bob’s “Response” — We also have gotten word that Bob is preparing a response complete with a DD-214 that will supposedly exhonorate him and prove he was in Vietnam. Well, we’re waiting. What’s taking so long? It shouldn’t be that hard.

What’s taking so long? What follows in the same post provides a possible answer:

Originally posted by Steve Balm:

We’ve already seen your felony conviction for tampering with evidence that has your date of birth on it. [Spring of 1958]

Is Robert Elgin Graves, Jr, phony Vietnam Veteran, taking time to tamper with a copy of a DD-214?

Maybe ol’ Bob got to see the traveling wall. It’s got a schedule. I’ve been to see it, quite a nice replica and the way it’s set up is very respectful of the deceased, along with volunteers helping someone find a panel with a familiar name on it.

No, it’s not as big and startling as the real Wall, but it gives you a vague idea of what you will see.

You’ll love this, PH2. When I went to Sturgis in 2009, the traveling Wall was set up at my campground. I walked over and talked to a “veteran” of the Viet of the Nam and a purported former Marine; he was the honcho of the display and a driver of the big rig transporting the moving Wall. Guess what, he turned out to be a phony pony. Not a Marine and not a Vietnam vet.

16. Daisy Cutter says:

What do you think the odds are that Bob is schtupping Kelly?

17. Terry Sheehan says:

As you know, they have pulled the “Wall Before I Die” Facebook page.

Rumor is they are rebranding it as “Wall Before I Lie” and will be rolling it out soon.

18. rgr769 says:

For the benefit of those who visit this site and cannot read the irrefutable history of the Vietnam War, the last U.S. infantry combat troops left Cambodia after the Cambodian incursion by the end of June, 1970, when Baloney Bob was about 12 years old. After that date, the only U.S. personnel allowed to conduct ground operations in Cambodia were the strategic reconnaissance teams of MACV-SOG’s Command & Control units. These recon units ceased all cross border operations by May 1, 1972, when Baloney Bob was about 15 years old. Finally, the record published by MP of his assignments is actually a cropped photocopy of the prior and present assignments section of the Form 20 of his 201 personnel file. Therefore, Bob was in basic training in October and November, 1975, six months after the NVA over-ran and conquered the Republic of South Vietnam. After April, 1975, the only U.S. military personnel in Vietnam (North or South) were prisoners of war. Maybe Bob should claim he was a POW in 1975, except he will have to show how he pulled that off when he was still in high school and his records (DA Form 20) show he never left the U.S.

• Mick says:

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Shack!

BDA = 100/100

I listened to Bob’s tale of woe on the Bob Ortloff radio show from Kelly and Bob. Bob says he has a chemical caused terminal disease from exposure to undescribed chemicals while serving in Vietnam and Cambodia. When queried by the host about his Vietnam times, Bob gets vague like he can’t talk about the horror of it all and says, “we just did what we had to do” and came home. He claims “five months” service in Vietnam and Cambodia.

• Daisy Cutter says:

It’s too difficult for him to talk about.

I’m gonna go with – that’s probably a true statement.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Profanity is always a refuge for such people. That, and hiding behind some gullible broad who just melts when she gets the ‘I just can’t talk about it’ response.

Geezo Pete, can we find a way to round these phonies up and get a group portrait of them? Maybe invite them all to a chili feed? All for a good cause, y’know.

I don’t even think a whole battalion of Army cooks could cook up enough chili for the thousands of POSers out there. When I first saw POWnet’s many dozens of pages on them fifteen years ago when Mary called me about one of them she was investigating, I was dumbstruck at how many there were. I can see why there is a cottage industry of selling fake documents to the POSers.

• The Stranger says:

See my Poser Chili recipe below. If even 1 poser would follow it, I would feel that I contributed to the betterment of humanity!

• 1stCavRVN11B says:

“For the benefit of those who visit this site and cannot read the irrefutable history of the Vietnam War, the last U.S. infantry combat troops left Cambodia after the Cambodian incursion by the end of June, 1970, when Baloney Bob was about 12 years old. After that date, the only U.S. personnel allowed to conduct ground operations in Cambodia were the strategic reconnaissance teams of MACV-SOG’s Command & Control units. These recon units ceased all cross border operations by May 1, 1972,…”
      Could Bobby Boy have been specially trained by the FANK Group.

My platoon LT in B 2/5th Cav (stood down in March 1972) was reassigned to FANK and not only trained them but went on some of the missions into Cambodia. He never mentioned knowing Bob.

• Anonymous says:

He’s the David Hogg of his generation– survived ‘Nam all right… Grenada and D-Day too.

19. ninja says:

For those interested:

This is the Audio Radio Clip from the Todd Ortloff Radio show that rgr769 mentioned:

• ninja says:

BTW, when one clicks on the above link, one will be able to hear both Bob and Kelly give their interview.

Wonder if anyone got a hold of Todd and told him he was scammed by Bob’s lies?

🤔🙄😉

• ninja says:

Bob said he has a chemically induced terminal cancer.

Hmmmm. Could that chemical be nicotine? Lung Cancer?

Liver Disease?

Prostate Cancer?

He said he was diagosed in March 2019.

Yet he was healthy enough to take a bike ride from Alaska to DC?

He also came across as being hestitant when it came to discussing his Viet of the Nam times and Cambodia times.

On the link to the audio, one can leave comments if one desires.

😉

• Mick says:

‘…and Cambodia times.’

I believe that it’s now known locally here at TAH as ‘Cam Of The Bodia’ when referring to posers who falsely claim service there.

Ha!

(A tip o’ the ol’ flight helmet goes out to Hack Stone for coining that hilarious gem the other day on the original ‘Alaska Bob’ thread.)

• Hack Stone says:

Thank you. Hack aims to please. And don’t forget giving Lester Brown the nomenclature of Lester Brown Stain.

As to posers exposed over the last year and change, it seems as if the caliber of posers are not what they used to be. When was the last time that a poser came here telling us that everything he claimed was true, but in the interest of national security, the records are sealed? And when was the last time that a sock puppet came here to defend their friend/relative saying that said poser wakes u in the middle of the night screaming in a pool of sweat due to what he has seen and done? But what Hack really misses in the death threats. You can’t have a good threat without death threats.

16 minutes of my life gone. Figure he (AK Bob) didn’t make it to the studio cause there is no way he could’ve looked the radio man in the eye telling that pack of lies. Well maybe not; I don’t lie so I can’t really say if a professional liar can lie that well. I even doubt the whole story of the “race” that he and Kelly met at. A run from Key West to Homer AK in a week? On a bike? A younger man with an ass full of novacaine and a snoot full of speed… maybe.

Thanks for the linky ninja! I don’t mind the time I lost. I didn’t leave a comment, but it would be curious to know what Todd thinks of Bob now. And any follow up show he did.

Yes that would be one hell of a ride for a 60 year old. I rode to Sturgis when I was 64 on a very smooth running Honda ST1100. All along our route, which took a full three days to ride traversing about half the width of the country, Harley riders were sitting stopped on the freeway becuase their bikes were overheating. So, unless he rode it in the dead of winter with an iron bladder and ass, I call bullshit on that story as well.

• Hondo says:

While making that ride (Key West to Homer AK) in a week isn’t theoretically impossible, it’s IMO pretty damn improbable.

Google Maps gives the distance as 5,334 miles via the quickest route; it gives the driving time as 88 hrs. That means someone would have to average a bit over 760 miles daily (and over 12 1/2 hours riding daily) to make it in a week.

Riding that far/long in a day is at least theoretically doable in good weather – for a fit individual on a good bike, in areas where fuel is available every 100 to 200 miles. Doing that for 7 days straight, with the last 2 days ride through northern Canada and Alaska? I’d need to see proof before I’d buy it.

• marinedad61 says:

I tried leaving “Alaska Bob” comments
        on that radio DJ interview page. Twice.
        Held for approval. Never approved. Poof.
        Bad look for a radio station (and a newspaper),
        refusing basic truthful comments.

20. Stacy0311 says:

What real/honest veteran does NOT have a copy of their DD214? Come on man, it’s simple.

I have all 6 (or maybe it’s 7 now) in my “I Love Me” book in the office.

And yeah, I’ve got a lot. It’s a Guard/Reserve thing.

21. sbalm says:

****************** UPDATE ******************

The PDN reporter informed the folks over at Military Phony tonight that Kelly claims that Bob is mailing him (the reporter) a copy of his DD-214 that proves/states that he was in Vietnam and Cambodia.

In addition, Kelly claims that Bob will provide a signed release (SF-180 I imagine) that will allow the reporter to get the DD-214 directly.

The reporter may wait for it but is pretty much ready to release his article and findings. The reporter further indicated that he received results back from the NPRC that were exactly the same as what we posted here.

Well, this all should prove very interesting. Stay tuned.

****************** UPDATE ******************

• Friend says:

Heading to Costco for snacks

• marinedad61 says:

The words “Kelly claims”….
        … just made me spit up my Beef Jerky into my keyboard,
        wedged into the long crack below my [SPACE] key.
        Forget the worms, since it now sounds like
        Kelly is about to open up a can of Spotted Dick.

• sbalm says:

This may speak to Kelly’s passion but several of us that have dealt with her directly have found her to be nothing but a bunch of hot air so far. From our experience, she has done very little in the way of serious effort to “get to the bottom of things” although she will make noble statements to the contrary. Her tactics can mostly be filed under “criticize, obscure, misdirect and delay.”

For instance, she expressed ZERO interest in ordering Bob’s records herself. She never commented, hence expressed ZERO interest, in getting Bob’s driver’s license or supplying his email although she made a ridiculous hollow offer about buying a plane ticket for someone to go speak with Bob face-to-face to hear from him directly. She never commented on the suggestion to announce that she would refund any and all donations if it is determined that Bob never served in Vietnam or Cambodia. By her silence, I take it this is not going to happen. Those that were swindled have to live with it, I imagine.

She should be asked to supply actual photos of Bob at the Vietnam Wall pointing to the names of his buddies that were KIA.

Kelly is probably sweating this out more than good ol’ Alaska Bob because, well, he’s in Alaska and she’s in Port Angeles WA.

I’m sure that there aren’t many people up in Alaska that were duped by the charity donation scam, so Bob can stroll into Piggly Wigley without fear of being asked questions.

22. Mustang Major says:

Anyone have the recipe for Poser Chili?

So what DID ‘Alaska Bob’ Glaves do with that money, go all-out on a Platinum Weekend at Brucie’s Bath House (Entrance in the Rear) after a chili feed at some dive of a bar?

• Ex-PH2 says:

I’d be far less than surprised to find that he and Kelly went about as far as you can go in three hours in Alaska and find a place where nobody knows about you.

I have serious doubts that he went anywhere that didn’t involve indoor bedding and a pancake house nearby.

• Steve Balm says:

I have photos of “the trip” that I got before they were pulled down. Right click and choose “Open image in new window” to get the larger version. Perhaps someone can identify the terrain.

Glaves - Trip

• Comm Center Rat says:

“Yeah, we’re traveling down that lonesome road
          Feel like I’m dragging a heavy load
          Though I try to turn my head away
          I’m flirtin’ with disaster every day
          And you are too baby
          It ain’t for everybody
          Oh come on man”

~ Molly Hatchet

Been there, that is the South Dakota Badlands in the background of that photo. I’ll bet it was taken in the first weekend of this past August, during the Sturgis rally. Practically everyone who goes to Sturgis for the annual motorcycle rally makes the pilgrimage to the Badlands and Wall Drug.

In looking at a larger sized lower left pic, it looks just like the out look point we walked out upon when we viewed the Badlands park in 2009 at our Sturgis ride. I walked the trail out to the overlook next to the monument in the far right of the background.

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Wall Drug? BTDT when I made my living as a Trucker! One literally HAS TO watch their step on the other side of the tracks in Wall SD, it’s all cow pasture!

• Claw says:

I’m thinking those pictures are from one of the observation points near the Pinnacle Station Entrance to Badlands National Park, which is eight miles south of Wall, SD, just off of I-90.

• ArmyATC says:

It looks like the Badlands National Park.

• Green Thumb says:

I feel bad for the woman.

I feel sorry for her husband. In the radio interview she said she was married (to someone else) a few years ago and has a child. I wouldn’t want my wife riding around the country, staying in motels, with some skeezy biker, as she can do that with me.

24. Daisy Cutter says:

[PARODY]

BOB: Let’s take a trip across the country.

KELLY: It would be nice if other people would pay for it. And donate work to fix your bike.

BOB: What about a trip to the Vietnam Wall?

KELLY: Perfect. Hey, I know of a canyon that you can explore along the way. It is as deep as it is wide. A lot of people have already been there but if we both close our eyes we can make-pretend that we are doing it for the first time.

BOB: Make-pretend? That sounds like my Viet of the Nam and Cam of the Bodia days. Hot damn, I’m in!

[/PARODY]

• marinedad61 says:

Daisy Cutter, I think you got it.

This D.C. Vietnam Wall (Before I Die) trip
      is coming together to appear to be a scenic Harley cruise party trip to badass Badlands, Wall,
      STURGIS (the ulterior destination)…

… and back home on a better Harley he began with.

A Phony Vietnam Veteran on a Phony Vietnam Wall adventure.
      (The Irony. Not.)

• Claw says:

Kelly’s “Canyon” – Got It/Good One – /smile

25. 3/10/MED/b says:

Kidney failure, my arse.

POSER.
    LIAR.
    THIEF.

Think that about covers it.

(Cam of the bodia… funny shit there…)

26. Blake Morgan says:

If Bob does manage to send a DD-214 that allegedly proves he was in Vietnam and Cambodia… how does that work, actually.

I mean, it wouldn’t say “Tour of Duty in Vietnam and Cambodia” would it? You would have to derive that from the medals awarded. Vietnam is easier, but what medals would prove he was in Cambodia?

• Blake Morgan says:

Let’s pray to the Almighty God that he does not present a DD-214 with the National Defense Service Medal listed.

There will be no joy in Mudville.

27. 3/10/MED/b says:

“Cam of the Bodia”

My apologies to Hack Stone.

• Hack Stone says:

Apology accepted, but if you want to square things with Hack, a modest donation to the Bring Elaine Ricci Home Before I Die Fund would be appreciated.

• 3/10/MED/b says:

OT, After only a few years following TAH, and waiting for an explanation, and refusing the temptation to google it…

Who the hell is Elaine Ricci?

(Yes, I know…
        Lack of knowledge is not an excuse for stupidity.)

• Hack Stone says:

Elaine Ricci is (was) a K Street pedigree who in October 2014 landed the position of President of a proud but humble woman owned business that sold Red Hat Software to the federal government. In her first move as President, she hired Hack Stone to a lifetime appointment as Director Of Media Relations for said proud but humble woman owned business. Shortly after the mid term elections of November 2014, Elaine was ousted in her position as President and demoted to a Board Member. Fortunately for the company, the wife of the Vice President of the company was suddenly available to assume the role of President, following the election loss of her employer, a Florida Congressman. With turmoil in the boardroom, Elaine Ricci disappeared under mysterious circumstances in December 2014. With no help from law enforcement, Hack Stone, along with other concerned board members, hired Jared Stern, a private security expert with Prudential Associates in Rockville. Since then, Jared Stern has been on a retainer ($3 per month, plus empty Gatorade bottles) to search for Elaine. Hope this catches you up on the situation.

#BringElaineRicciHome!

28. ninja says:

Reference Steve Balm’s inquiry on the terrain of the picture depicted of Bob and Kelly.

Following Claw, Hondo, Army ATC and rgr769 leads:

“Sturgis 2019 Ride Through The Badlands of South Dakota”:

Daaaaaaayyyyyyuuuuummmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey Hush and Child Please!!!!!!!!!!

I am officially in violation of His “shalt not Covet Commandment”.

Wonder if she can cook? Hell, don’t matter; I can cook…and clean…and do laundry… and here’s the hook Ladies…I know which position y’all like the toilet seat left in.

Tanks ninja! I Love ya Man!!!

• marinedad61 says:

Backseat jiggle video selfies at 3:10 & 4:05.
      – (Slide whistle UP)
      Boyfriend “Sick Boy” takes over the video at 4:50.
      – (Slide whistle DOWN)

29. ninja says:

A 3 minute video JUST for Robert Elgin Glaves, Jr, AKA Bob Glaves, AKA Alaska Bob.

Did someone mention Vietnam of the Nam?