Oh, pooh! Trump Was Right!! Dammit!!!

| January 7, 2021

Sorry, couldn’t find a shot of Vlad laughing

It appears that the Justice Dept. has had its feelings bruised a bit by being hacked by Russian hackers, along with several other government establishments. Poor things. I feel for them.  No, I really do….. Seriously!

Per the article:  WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department and the federal court system disclosed on Wednesday that they were among the dozens of U.S. government agencies and private businesses compromised by a massive, months-long cyberespionage campaign that U.S. officials have linked to elite Russia hackers.

The extent of the damage was unclear.

The department said that 3% of its Microsoft Office 365 email accounts were potentially affected, but did not say to whom those accounts belonged. There are no indications that classified systems were affected, the agency said. Office 365 isn’t just email but a collaborative computing environment, which means that shared documents were also surely accessed, said Dmitri Alperovitch, former chief technical officer of the cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike. – article

The link to the full story is here:  https://apnews.com/article/russia-hacking-justice-department-6290618f08cad5b11c4dd0263ef6820b

See, this is why I just don’t do “social media”. I get enough junk mail in my inbox to stuff a sofa and have something left over for cat toys.

But it’s ironic, isn’t it? No one believed whats-his-name that the Russians could possibly ever have done such a dreadful thing, and yet, here it is: the Feebies, et al., getting hacked by those very, very naughty people over in Russia. If only it were possible to just stop laughing and pointing….

Vlad is probably grinning and toasting his hackers right now. I’ll bet they all get some serious raises this year.

Moving on……

Category: 2020 Election, Russia, YGBSM!!

1. KoB says:

Hell Ex, ’bout the only thing that would surprise me anymore would be if Creepy, groping Unka Jo would admit on national TV that he WAS, in fact, a grifting, lying, cheating, corrupt, career politician and his vp select did, in fact, use her feminine plumbing to get to where they are today.

Even if they did do that, the lame street media would say it was fake news…and Trump’s Fault that they were like that.

I have a cell phone, it’s a flip type. I use it to make and receive phone calls. If your number is not programed in, I don’t answer till you leave me a message. I then I only call back if it is worth my time. My land line goes to an answer machine with no caller ID. Only keep that for the inherwebz and so the 911 dispatcher will know who and where the call is coming from. Not that I call 911 anyway. My computer has a sho’ ’nuff high speed low drag series of security firewalls that many banks would be proud to have, thanks to my boy that’s in the business. And social media. I’m not a social person by nature anymore, screw the media, and any book I have my Face in has to do with History, Cooking, and on long ago occasions, nekkid wimmins. If I can’t touch it, kiss it, or play with it, I don’t care to see it.

2. ChipNASA says:

Speaking of being better prepared and having appropriate firewalls and maybe gates/fences etc, whatever you want to call it.
    Just a thought…
    My feelings are that things are NOT what they seem to be and it’s going to be a long time before we know the *real* truths. I can’t imagine it’s just how we’re seeing things not through different optics and such. (like, “WTF Really?” *shrugs shoulders and holds palms up*, really??)

• ChipNASA says:

Sorry, weird link.
      I try to use the short ones but sometimes they don’t fit here and post properly.

I also know that this guy has a specific reputation about conspiracy theories but this is a relevant question, IMHO

• Skippy says:

I keep saying this but no one is listening
        It’s China !!!!!
        Why is that so hard to understand

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

It’s like they wrote the key book on espionage or something, Sun Tzu, Art of War, or something.

• MI Ranger says:

Yeah, very relevant question. So the scape goat has to resign. The truth will be found in following what happens to him and where he lands!
        Does he retire out to California, and get a nice position at a winery in say St. Helena, CA? Or does he quickly spiral out of control and suddenly commit suicide like Jeffrey Epstein! [Conspiracy noted!]

3. USAFRetired says:

The closest I come to social media is occasionally posting here and on another message board. I guess I’ve been social distancing since before Covid.

As one of the “victims” of the Chinese hack of the OPM database with security clearance data a few years back I’m not surprised. As more and more stuff goes on the cloud it will be easier pickings.

As a result of the OPM hack I did a FOIA on myself and received about 200 pages going back about 15 years. I was a bit miffed when I encountered a couple redacted items (by the FBI). I guess it was ok for the Chinese to have the info but not me.

4. Graybeard says:

I have 25+ years in programming and database administration, and literally grew up around computers.

I often proclaim “There is NO secure computer system if it is connected to the internet, or any outside source of data input.

• MI Ranger says:

I guess that is why the Army is still using Office 2013…you want to collaborate on a document, sit in a room and discuss it, or maybe send it to one another (via e-mail…encrypted).

I was never a fan of the Microsoft money grab, to make it an annual subscription to have access to your stuff! I’ll pay once and then it is mine.

5. Skippy says:

Russia and China
    When it comes to this
    One in the same
    China does pay well

6. Commissar says:

How the hell does this make Trump right about this?

Nearly every single Russian hack that has happened over the last five years he blames on China.

Even when asked by reporters specifically about his intelligence services saying it was Russia he disagrees and blames China.

The guy is a professional wrong person.

It is about the only thing he is remotely competent at. Besides grifting.

7. Commissar says:

Also, it is weird how sarcastic you are being about caring that the a DoJ getting hacked.

It is almost like you give fuck all about national security.

You know this small hacks are how they identify our assets?

They can combine a treasury hack, a health insurance company hack, and a contracted travel company hack and correlate the data to find out intel agents in the field.

A justice department hack can be used to not only figure out which of their agents are at risk but also determine how they are being compromised.

And who is compromising them.

You all have become so a brainwashed by Trump and so soft on Russia that now you are fine with Russia hacking us.

At what point do you guys realize that you have essentially put your admiration of a despot over your loyalty to our country?

• hey asshole you’re like a broken record of industrial noise….go away I’m sic of your endless boring dribble
      if anyone’s is brainwashed, it’s you

• Ret_25X says:

The consequences are not the same thing as the causation. So setting them aside for a moment, let’s address the actual attacks.

1. China, Russia, Iran, and to some extent AQ put a great deal of effort into attacking both the USG and private western entities.

2. Those governmental and private groups spend a great deal of time and money attempting to defend themselves.

3. DoJ in particular has not followed DHS or NIST guidelines on security and have been continuously bleeding data for many years.

4. WRT Russia and Iran, our media loudly trumpet the threat, but WRT to China, much of our political and media voices are strangely reticent to speak.

5. Antithetically to point 4, the government silently regards China as the greater threat and has invested heavily against that threat, not genuinely taking Russia as seriously as it should. There are actually some serious thinkers behind this and it is not clear that they have been incorrect in spite of recent Russian work.

6. Russia is seeking tactical advantages, China is seeking Strategic advantages. Russia does not see itself as the middle kingdom of the world and is acting accordingly. The CCP does, and is acting accordingly.

7. This is not funny in a comedic sense, but is is funny in an ironic sense because DoJ has been told for years that their IT practices are probably not sufficient while publicly scolding everyone else and downplaying past vulnerabilities and expoits.

8. There are no winners here. But there is a clear loser and it is Mr. Obama. The cyber security footprint in production within the USG is largely his legacy to that area. It takes about 4 years to formulate and publish cyber policy and procedures. The initial guidance came out in 2006 and 2007 in presidential cyber publications. It took the Obama admin until about 2010 to publish to update and expand that initial work and implement it into the current system.

9. The NIST, at the President’s direction began to publish updated guidance in 2019, but it has largely been unimplemented due to the new priorities of 2020.

No one gets any “credit” here and no one really gets any “blame” except to say that the defenders are doing what can be done within the confines of legal authority, policy, and resources.

The attacker only has to be right once, the defender has to be right every time. One bad configuration, sysadmin mistake, or social media post can blow the defender’s game and they won’t know it until the consequences start.

It is not being soft on Russia to admit that the DoJ being hit by the very people it claims to be such a grave threat that they did not effectively defend against them, but it must be noted that cyber security is far too complicated to be broken down to x and o play books like it is football defense.

As for despots, our president never advocating defunding police, packing the SCOTUS to prevent conservative voices, praised speech control, or took money from China.

That you are OK with a man clearly subordinated to a global power seeking the end of the USA but not a man who stopped Russia from annexing Latvia or biting off more of Ukraine, negotiating peace deals with nations, or trying to pull us out of endless wars tells us something very vile about you. You are not really upset with Trump because he was a despot, but because he was not.

How very Maoist of you.

8. 11B-Mailclerk says:

The Left now seeks to destroy Trump, because the support of 75 million patriotic Americans scares the shit out of them. For some reason the Patriots won’t repeat the left-lies. Reeeeeeeeeeeee!

They will now martyr Trump. That will be an epic mistake.

Just run out the clock, fools, and move on. Otherwise, you court your own disaster.

But they don’t want to win a political contest. They want blood. They want their to be -no- opposition, -no- dissent, -no- disagreement.

And the moment they finish off the martyrdom of target one, the rage-mob-left will start looking for others, eventually including their own moderates.

Robespierre says “don’t lose your heads, folks….”