Another Blast from the Past

| June 27, 2020

Nothing special or rare about this one – except the quality of the tune. Enjoy.

Hey, you didn’t think I’d just post a classic commercial today – did ya? (smile)

Category: Pointless blather, Who knows

This is one reason why the Gen XYZ whatever has such an attitude. Their music choices suck now a days. Hearing this one set off a coughing fit and I was looking to see who was bogarting.

Still got this one on 33&1/3 poly vinyl carbon.

The Live Version. FIRST saw them live back around this time.

3. David says:

Now that there is music. Was a theater in Lawrence KS which played this, Stairway to Heaven, and a few others as their intermission music. There were folks lined up to get into movies before the previous showing let out just so they could sit in the comfy seat and zone out to the theater sound system.

4. Sparks says:

Traffic and Cream, now they were what I listened to overseas. “I feel Free”.

5. OWB says:

OK, Hondo. Another group I never heard of. At least these guys played real musical instruments. And they sound pretty good in a jazzy, bluesy sort of way, especially on the live vid.

Thanks. Enjoyed the education.

OWB, Google Foo Steve Winwood, he was the child prodigy in the 60s with a number of big names, Clapton, Ginger Baker, ect. The Band Traffic was very short lived, in the grand scheme of things and Steve got to doing more studio and background work.

He was a tremendous influence on a great many musicians from the mid 60s on up to now. A lot of the old school stoners followed his collaborating works feverantley.

• OWB says:

Now I see. He was also with the Spencer Davis Group. Them I heard of. Kinda like I followed the Dave Clark 5 for a bit – their piano player (Michael Smith) was a classically trained musician who practiced 8 or more hours per day. Everyone else in the band, except Dave, were real musicians.

Yeah, I was still mostly into classical music in those days, or jazz/blues. It happens when your family is filled with musicians. Played with pit bands, string ensembles, symphonies and stuff. Or in honky tonks. I really admired Floyd Cramer.