Now That All the Other Military Issues are Solved…

| June 11, 2020

School for Wayward Boys

…the Republican led Senate Armed Services Committee has voted to approve an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) renaming all military bases currently named for Confederates. Exactly what pressing issue this would solve was left unsaid, but this is not a trivial undertaking and will shift scarce resources away from real problems facing the military. Our tax dollars at work.

Senate committee votes to force military to rename confederate named bases

LAURA WIDENER

The Republican-led Senate Armed Services Committee voted on Wednesday to approve an amendment to the NDAA that would require the renaming of military bases named for Confederate leaders.

The committee announced on Thursday that it had voted to advance the NDAA and included an executive summary with text confirming the amendment.

“Establishing a commission to study and provide recommendations concerning the removal, names, symbols, displays, monuments, and paraphernalia that honor or commemorate the Confederate States of America, addressing an implementation plan, cost, and criteria for renaming, among other procedures. The implementation plan is to be implemented three years after enactment,” the summary states.

The amendment, which was introduced by Democrat Sen. Elizabeth Warren and passed via voice vote in a closed-door committee meeting, will give the Pentagon a three-year deadline to rename the bases, Roll Call first reported.

On Tuesday, Warren said in a tweet that she had filed the amendment the previous week.

“As a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, I filed an amendment to the annual defense bill last week to rename all bases named for Confederate generals. It’s long past time to end the tribute to white supremacy on our military installations,” Warren said in the tweet.

Warren’s tweet came in a response to an opinion piece written by retired Gen. David Petraeus published in The Atlantic which urged the administration to rename the 10 U.S. military bases named for Confederate leaders.

Also on Wednesday, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said that Trump would “not be signing legislation that renames America’s forts,” and echoed Trump’s opposition to such renaming.

Trump declared in a tweet on Wednesday that he would “not even consider” such an action.

The purported Chinese adage, “May you live in interesting times” is not a blessing. Read the rest of this stupidity here: American Military News

Category: "Teh Stoopid", "The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves", Military issues

1. Doc Savage says:

If they chose to rename the Posts, thats fine….but lets keep it to actual Heroes; MOH, DSC, Silver Star awardees, etc.

No Politicians, no Flag officers ( unless they fall into the above group) No Presidents ( they get libraries), No politicians, no community organizers/activists…..We dont need to read about “Fort Harvey Milk” or “Joint Base Ocasio”.

2. RetiredDevilDoc8404 says:

Figures Liarwatha would be the one to start this. Does absolutely nothing her entire time in the Senate except get herself muzzled because she couldn’t shut her pie hole until this comes along. This is an issue of such national importance… Fauxcahontas you make me want to puke. Seriously time for a wholesale deep cleansing enema in both houses of Congress and term limits, two and out.

Preach RDD, the choir gives you an AMEN! Wonder why she didn’t go after the Forts named after the Indian Wars Fighters, after all, those were her people that the long knives came after? /s/ And let’s pull their statues down while we’re at it and rename all the towns, cities and counties that have their monikers. Better rename stuff with Grant’s name on it too, his wife owned some slaves.

All of this is just one more way to attempt to divide the country and throw some rocks at Trump. Everybody seems to forget why these Forts were named for whom they were, when they were set up. Since most of the training forts were in the South and a large portion of the troops being sent there were from the South, and to help the whole “healing process” from the WBTS, that led to these names. Plus, one has to recall, a number of these served very honorably during the Mexican War.

At least Fort Rucker will be safe. He was only a Colonel, not a General. The City of Atlanta is attempting to force the removal of the John B. Gordon Statue from the Capitol Grounds. He was not a professional “ring knocker” soldier but was a well trusted leader by his men AND Bobby Lee. His troops were among the very few that were still carrying a rifle and ready to continue the fight at Appomattox CH. He and his men led the surrender and were saluted by Gnrl Joshua Chamberlain as they stacked arms. He was also very instrumental in “binding up the wounds” and helping the nation to move forward after Reconstruction.

Ex, will sustenance of cherry/pineapple chewy cookies with peach (Bryers) ice cream work? Chocolate chip with caramel and nuts? There is a slab of pecan pie that would go well with the vanilla bean.

Does anyone besides me want to tell that cow that some day she’ll die and no one will remember her name?

Just askin’. I need sustenance to put up with this idiocy.

• Jay says:

Ex,

I take special solace in the fact that with me being 40 years old: God willing I WILL see Pelosi, Feinstein, Bernie, Hillary, Schiff, Maxine, Nadler, Schumer, et.al exit this planet LONG before me.

• SSG Kane says:

Are you kidding? They are going to rename Ft. Bragg to Ft. Pelosi in honor of her noble ancestors.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Well, if you’re going to get technical about it, I have a great-grandfather, his three brothers, and their uncle, plus my grandma’s uncle, all of whom fought on the side of the Union to wreck the South and its economic independence, so I think their collective last name should be used instead of some idiotic choice by FSA Warren.

She really does not have enough to do, does she?

4. Steve 1371 says:

This is what you get for letting people who fake their way get a pass. She should have been prosecuted for falsifying a federal document way back when.

5. AW1 Rod says:

Jesus H. Christ! The fucking stupidity NEVER ends!

The Senate Armed Services Committee has joined the Woke Taliban!

WHAT A crock of shit, the D-rats never cease in their efforts to create a racial divide in the USA.

• AW1Ed says:

Lots of blame to assign here, Proud.

“…the Republican led Senate Armed Services Committee…” led by the nose from none other than Gray Beaver.

err, Senator Warren.

7. Stacy0311 says:

So will West Virginia be removing Robert C. Byrd’s name from all 6,347 buildings, bridges, rest stop bathrooms, gloryholes and other assorted structures in the name of racial healing?

8. Tallywhagger says:

Secession. It was the right thing then, more so now.

I useta hold my Southern Brethren in such contempt, having been ‘taught’ (read: programmed) that the South was full of racist idiots that couldn’t “get over it”, and my Northern lineage/upbringing made me a Uberman, destined to rule over the heathens of the treasonous Rebs.
    Needless to say, I was wrong.
    Screw this noise!
    The history of Our Civil War is way more nuanced, injustice on both sides, and these names were a way of honoring the suffering of OUR NATION!
    STOP FUCKING WITH IT, IDIOTS!
    I will always miss Fort Benning.
    Fort Benning made me who I am.
    Fort Benning had the greatest Men and Women this country has to offer pass through her gates.
    Fort Benning IS the ‘Home of the Infantry’!
    Take it away from us, sooth a misplaced sense of guilt, and I swear; you’ll get what you’re asking for.

• Roh-Dog says:

Typos.
      I has.
      Burning rage.
      I has ample.

I was born at Ft. Benning; my brother was born at Ft. Bragg. I will *NEVER* say that I was born in Columbus or whatever “woke” name Benning becomes. Spent OSUT, OCS, IOBC, Ranger School, Airborne School, and IOAC there — lots of time at my place of birth!

Bloody “woke” people.
      ===========
      Far across the Chattahoochee
      To the Upatoi
      Stands our loyal alma mater
      Benning School for Boys

Forward ever, Backward never
      Faithfully we strive
      Toward our final destination
      [or surreptitiously: Follow me and die!]

When it’s time and we are called
      To guard our country’s might
      We’ll be there with head held high
      To lead in Freedom’s fight

Yearning ever, Failing never
      To keep our country free
      The call is clear, we meet the task
      For we are Infantry

10. Commissar says:

It would be less of an issue if most weren’t named after genuinely incompetent and terrible generals. Bragg? One of the worst general of the war.

I always that base names should not be after generals but after extraordinary soldiers regardless of rank.

We need a Fort York, and Fort Murphy.

How about a Camp Puller?

That way the bases serve as an inspiration to soldiers, sailors, and Marines.

By the way, these bases were not named to honor history or the generals. They were named in order to increase recruitment in the South since for generations following the civil war many in the south refused to serve in the “Union Army” because their grandfathers and great grandfathers had been confederates.

I think the decision to name bases after confederates was not universally liked among army staff so some of them, passive aggressively, were named after particularly terrible generals.

• Commissar says:

Edit: Particularly terrible generals whose incompetence helped the Union win the war.

• Roh-Dog says:

The Union didn’t win, it’s just a cease fire.

• Commissar says:

The last flag that flew over the confederacy was a white flag.

Learn to respect that.

• Roh-Dog says:

Oh, you. Do you know why Lee surrendered?
            To save the country, one he loved. The one called the US and the one called Virginia.
            What do you think would have happened if the Rebs went AW?

And my retort for your classy ass: learn to respect…

deez nuts!

• Commissar says:

He surrendered because the South could no longer sustain the fight, it lacked the manpower, the resources, the funds, and ultimately the will to continue.

And your “the reason Lee surrendered” narrative is bullshit. The south did not surrender as a single entity. It surrendered in groups, in regiments, division by division, state by state.

The south collapsed after Richmond fell and Davis fled.

Lee was just the first to fly the flag.

• Roh-Dog says:

Yeah you prattling half-skull, how do you think Lee felt after the Siege of Petersburg-Richmond?
                Countless civilians, our PEOPLE!, died in that 9 month fiasco!
                Both fucking side had a lot to make amends for, and before you open your fucking mouth, don’t you think you should have a look at the REASONS Reconstructionalists took to better OUR country?!
                Those wounds should be left raw, lest a holes like YOU try AGAIN!
                Long live the Republic, long may She stand.

• Commissar says:

I have yet to see you make an informed post.

It is all identity to you.

You can’t separate actual history, actual politics, actual ideological foundations, or even actual facts….from you own self image.

And your pride in yourself and your “heritage” is all based on bullshit.

• Roh-Dog says:

Is that all you’ve got, my friend?

I’ll tell you, take a screenshot of this because it’s the last time: you’re right!

It IS all about identity to me, AMERICAN identity.

Out of Many, One.

Right to my motherfucking core.

And about my pride, it’s not-a-fuck-thing compared to the love I have for this Great Experiment.

Insofar as I’m concerned, whatever bullshit you’re on about is the most toxic vitriol I’ve ever seen. You really think changing history and forcing social justice will bring peace?

You’re a fool.

• Commissar says:

Being honest about our history is not changing it.

The bullshit you believe, especially about the Confederacy, is all mythmaking, revisionism, and lies.

You want a more perfect union? Stop fucking lying in order to convince yourself we already have one.

• Sapper3307 says:

Why would they fly the French flag?

• Green Thumb says:

We still recognize Confederate campaign credit as we also recognize their Medal of Honor recipients.

If I understand correctly, you were once a Soldier.

Is this an issue?

Naw, he was an MI officer, then he became a Civil Affairs puke. He was never a rifleman. During the time he was a Reserve Officer, I suspect the only thing he was in charge of was his ass.

• Commissar says:

Not accurate. But even if it was, then I wasn’t a soldier?

Ok mail order long tabber. Whatever you say.

spapos! Thought you were taking a break? Why don’t you take a hike instead? A long one, on a short pier.

Well better a mail order long tabber than a no tabber like you. Actually, there was no long tab back in my day because we all wore a green beret with a full group flash to show we were fully SF qualified. Back in ‘72 when I was an ODA commander in the 10th SFG(A), you were likely still wearing your red diapers.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

The loonville moonbat experiment in Seattle already has roving thugs and suppression of dissent. Now they have “farms” of lettuce and marigolds. In short order those will be weedpatches of famine, as they omitted anything calorie dense enough to feed the masses. Also their “workers” will soon be deciding they have better things to do than pick bugs and pull weeds. (Hi Bernie!). They will harvest only hunger. And maybe a salad or three for their bosses.

They will soon have long lists of demands for necessities. From outside, of course.

Only by carefully hiding truth and controlling reporting will this be anything but another Communist shitshow. Every predictable harm will be someone else’s fault.

Looking forward to the tribunals when this mess finally gets cleaned out. Armed overthrow of the US government, on behalf of a foreign power, has consequences.

So does aiding and abetting it.

Have you seen the pic of their farming endeavor? It looks like someone looted the garden center at Home Depot and just dumped what they stole onto some bags of topsoil scattered on the ground.

• The Other Whitey says:

It’s amazing to me how many people take farming for granted. They have zero comprehension of soil chemistry, crop compatibility, or anything else that farmers have keep track of. They especially don’t get just how much acreage you need to feed a single person (especially if that person is a vegetarian and thus not supplementing their diet with meat and eggs). Their “urban farm” ain’t even a halfassed flower pot.

• SFC D says:

He was in the Army.
              He was never a Soldier.

• Roh-Dog says:

And he hates his country, see above.
                I know, I was shocked too.

• Commissar says:

I don’t hate the country, I hate the confederacy.

You know the traitors that killed American soldiers in an effort continue to enslave American citizens.

That is who I hate.

The traitors you openly, explicitly, and clearly feel not only a loyalty to but actually identify as one yourself.

• Poetrooper says:

“That is who I hate.”

Considering we’re talking about a conflict that took place nearing two centuries ago, that is truly pathological.

Either that or grossly immature for a military officer.

In your case, I’d put my money on both…

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Some folks supporting the lunacy in “chaz” are going to have to explain themselves when the predictable and inevitable Communist shitshow leads to an armed intervention to restore sanity and Constitutional government.

Will they fire on US Soldiers? I hope not. I very much hope not.

Do any of the backers of that embryonic shitshow have “international” in their self-posted descriptions? That would appear to open up some major legal jeopardy, assuming some idiot does fire on US military personnel sent to restore US constitutional government.

This shitshow is meant to draw exactly that. The Communists organizing and encouraging this idiocy need martyrs for their overthrow cause. Do the future martyrs know they are the designated broken eggs for the omelette making of their “international” masters?

I am -so- looking forward to the prosecutions. And if they are hardcore stupid, their tribunals.

• Commissar says:

Fuck off D.

I absolutely was a soldier.

And this kind of attack is bullshit.

• Poetrooper says:

“I absolutely was a soldier.”

Yeah and so was a certain German corporal who served in WWI.

And he won the Iron Cross.

You?

• SFC D says:

“I absolutely was a soldier.”

Interesting use of the lowercase “s”. It makes me recall the difference between “a sergeant” and a “Non-Commissioned Officer”.

Dr. Freud would have a field day with you.

• Commissar says:

“Soldier” is lower case, grammatically, unless it is at the beginning of a sentence.

“Soldier” is not a proper noun. Nor does it traditionally refer to the entire service of which a soldier is a individual component.

The word “Marine” is regarded as referring to the service a “Marine” serves in and the service “Marine Corps” is a proper noun.

• SFC D says:

Soldier is always capitalized. They should’ve taught you that at OCS. Maybe they missed that on the correspondence course.

Well D, you have been schooled by the smartest cuttlefish in Bikini Bottom, Squidward aka Cunthulu. See, eight years at Berzerkeley U was not a total waste of his time.

• OldManchu says:

OF COURSE you already had the thought that bases should be named…. blah blah blah. Of course you did. You are so far ahead of the curve intellectually.

• MI Ranger says:

Getting back on subject:
        I always hoped they would rename the bases so you knew what actually happens there!
        You know Fort Lee could become the Land of Oz
        Fort Bragg would be Never Never Land (because they can all fly…Airborne!)
        Fort Stewart would be what we all know it is Camp Swampy!
        Fort Hood would be Oompa Lumpa Land
        Fort Benning would be as we have always called it the School for wayward Boys (and Girls)!
        Not sure on Fort Polk but maybe the Land of No Tomorrow, since like the National Training Center it is always Ground Hog Day there!

I just realized it was a little over fifty years ago that I completed/graduated (didn’t think there was a difference until our recent SEAL faker) from my final and fourth course of instruction at the School for Wayward Boys outside Columbus. Those were heady days listening to the lessons learned from people like CPT Willoughby, who earned a Silver Star for the Battle of the Lang Vei Special Forces Camp which was over run with PT-70 light tanks that the MI pogs said couldn’t possibly be there.

• Commissar says:

Yeah, I did.

Wondering why the hell so many of our bases are named after confederate generals is not a 21st century issue.

• David says:

Didn’t you recently claim that all Southern forts were named after South officers because they were appeasing Southern politicians around the turn of the 20th century?

• Commissar says:

No, I claimed it was a recruiting tactic to try to get southerners to join the military. I don’t think it had anything to do with the location of the bases. And it was not exactly “appeasement”

• Poetrooper says:

Wrong again dipwad. It was nothing more than a cynical (but pragmatic) tactic employed by the federal government to get the local politicians and landowners to cooperate in giving up their lands for the siting of large military reservations in their midst.

There has never been a problem with getting Southerners to serve, even evidenced by this entry from the left-wing Wikipedia:

“In the United States, military tradition can refer simply to a father-son relationship or a much longer, ancestors-long line (which is the normal meaning). Military tradition refers to the tradition in a family to systematically destine one of its sons for a military career. This tradition is associated to the Southern United States who, as a whole, would have a military tradition. This is represented in the much higher representation of Southerners in the U.S. Military today and throughout the nation’s history.”

Anyone who ever served in the US Army could attest to this, Lars, further demonstrating that you evidently spent your time in uniform with your head where it “traditionally” is: firmly ensconced in your fourth point of contact.

11. Slow Joe says:

I wonder what the Republitards that voted for this in the Senate committee expect to win from this.

Do they think their constituents will applaud this move?

12. E4 Mafia '83-'87 says:

Just mindless virtue signaling…
    If they are going to waste money on name changes, just use the names of actual heroes as stated above.
    Because changing Ft. Hood to Ft. Audie Murphy will help blacks somehow?
    I’m waiting for them to want to change the name of CVN’s. John Stennis & Carl Vinson were staunch segregationists. They signed the ‘Southern Manifesto’, but they were Democrats, so they get a pass.

13. Amateur Historian says:

You know, I’ve been wondering if after this they may want to move on and try to rename the military units these bases support over some obscure offenses. Certainly don’t want to see the Rangers or the Green Berets called something different.

14. Mick says:

LtGen John A. Lejeune USMC was the son of a Confederate Army Captain, so it looks like Senator Warren also needs to run on over to Camp Lejeune NC and try to change the name of that evil den of white supremacy.

Good luck with that, Senator.

15. Green Thumb says:

The False Commander “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics) has more Native American in him than Elizabeth Warren.

16. ninja says:

*Sigh*

This will never end.

50-100 years from now, another Generation will come up with another new idea to rename Army Military Installations.

Speaking of MoH and SS Recipients: Who knows…oneday there may be a Fort Walker, named after Mary Edwards Walker or Fort Hester, named after Leigh Ann Hester.

That is, IF we still have a US Army or even our Country.

🤔

How about one of the very FIRST Female Doctors, not just in the South, but in the Country? You will find this one interesting ninja! rtr/hbtd/gabn

• ninja says:

As shared before, our KoB KNOWS his History!

Thank You, again, KoB, for this link and spreading this info..have forwarded it to alot of family, friends and folks…always good to know!!

👍👍👍

hbtd/rtr/gabn

😎😉

We pay Honors to “Dr. Polly”, and have for 40 years, each year doing a history program in Jones County. A full program on that Battle, Sherman’s March and the Battle of Griswoldville. I’ve been to the house, before, during, and after the move. You could still see the blood stains from the men she worked on. Know a number of her direct descendants, surprisingly some of which didn’t know her story till they met me. The original Sunshine Church was burned by Sherman’s (Kilpatrick’s Cavalry) Troops in Nov ’64. All of that is Googleable. Dig deep enough there’s some you tube stuff too.

Lee mighta had to surrender, but I didn’t. They did make my horse surrender. I suspect he’s pulling a plow up Kansas way by now. 😀

rtr/gabn/hbtd

17. rgr769 says:

What is in a name? Usually very little. In case of these fort names, not much. Most of us who went to Ft. Benning as our finishing school for wayward boys had no idea who Benning was. I didn’t know who Braxton Bragg was until I became a Civil War re-enactor and began studying that war. Thus, the idea that the names on these bases is some kind of pro slavery propaganda is complete bunk. Most of present day young soldiers likely couldn’t tell you anything about the Civil War, let alone the names of its generals and which side they were on. Try asking them basic facts about WWII and Korea and see what answers you get in addition to blank stares.

So, the claim that these base names have any relevance to what goes on in this country now, some 155 years later is complete bunk. Anyone know who Benning was? Cuz I still don’t. Also, I thought Ft. Polk was named after President Polk.

Here you go rgr769. A Google Foo will give you more but here’s a start. More of a States Rights man after cession, or depending on whose version you want to believe. Proud Graduate of the forerunner to the UGA!

• Mason says:

This is the truth. Nobody looks into why their elementary, middle, or high school is named the way it is. Airports, parks, post offices, military posts, the list is endless of stuff we’ve named in honor of someone only for everyone to not care.

My high school was Armstrong. Didn’t give a bit of thought to who that was. The school’s 25th anniversary finally made me realize that 25 years prior was 1969. A school opening in the fall would bear the name of the first man to walk on the moon. Henceforth everyone forgot.

• Commissioner Wretched says:

Not to throw in an unnecessary tangent, but you are right about most people not knowing who their school is named after.

Case in point: Jack Benny Middle School in Waukegan, Illinois. I wonder how many of the “39ers” at that school know who Jack Benny was or why their school teams are named the “39ers.”

• Twist says:

My community recently renamed our local elementary school. A local historian was doing some digging and it turned out that our elementary school was named after a pedophile.

• SFC D says:

My high school recently changed their mascot from the “Redskins” to a mascot to be named at a later date. Local tribes for the most part were pretty ambivalent about the name, with exception a very small (3 people) very vocal minority. Still have mixed emotions over the whole thing. Small counties are easily divided over that sort of thing.

18. Commissar says:

Why would the “party of Lincoln” be against this?

Oh, right, because that is a bullshit narrative by people who know damn well the party does not represent any of Lincoln’s values and hasn’t in a half a century or more.

• Mason says:

Fuck off, douche.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

And you want to rewrite history…

• OldManchu says:

Just admit it…. you want one named Fort “Manning” and you want to go there TDY.

He could spend some quality personal/private time with Bradley at the renaming and dedication ceremony. Imagine, a whole Army base dedicated to the joys of transgenderism.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

“The party of Lincoln”, the Republican party, was founded as Abolitionist. Opposition to slavery remains, now opposing the slavery of Communism, Socialism, fascism, and Progressivism. (slavery Spectrum disorder)

“anarchy” being a front for those, it is on the spectrum, too.

19. Poetrooper says:

Once again Lars serves as the weather vane: All you have to do is look at the direction he’s pointing and know that truth, logic, common sense, history and simply being right are ALL in the opposite direction.

It’s truly beyond this old man’s comprehension how one fool can be so wrong about so many things. If he were a teenager I might understand it, but a commissioned officer in the United States Army? A supposed leader of men?

As others here have said many times in the past:

It must really suck to be Lars–to which I would add: going through life chronically and severely afflicted with morbid Bernathism…

20. Club Manager, USA retired says:

If serving on an installation named after a Confederate general truly gives pain to African Americans then there should be a name change. However, the change should only be to that of a Medal of Honor recipient of the same branch of service who was a resident of that state when they joined the service.

• Commissioner Wretched says:

I like the idea, CM, but I’d waive it for one thing: If the powers that be ever get stupid enough to rename Ft. Benning, I’d rename it in honor of Robert B. Nett, MoH winner from WWII. I knew Colonel Nett; he was the Industrial Arts teacher at my high school when I attended. No finer man ever lived, in my never-to-be-humble opinion. I could support Ft. Benning becoming Ft. Robert B. Nett, but nothing else. Col. Nett was Infantry all the way.

21. Poetrooper says:

I find this, about Nancy Pelosi’s father from American Thinker, both interesting and ironic:

“[H]er father, Thomas D’Alesandro, Jr., oversaw the dedication of such a statue in Baltimore’s Wyman Park — the Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee Monument — as mayor of the city in 1948. At the time, the Speaker’s father said people could look to Jackson’s and Lee’s lives as inspiration and urged Americans to “emulate Jackson’s example and stand like a stone wall against aggression in any form that would seek to destroy the liberty of the world.”

“World Wars I and II found the North and South fighting for a common cause, and the generalship and military science displayed by these two great men in the War between the States lived on and were applied in the military plans of our nation in Europe and the Pacific areas,” D’Alesandro said at the dedication ceremony, as detailed by the Baltimore Sun.”

22. E-4 Mafia 4 Life says:

I think President Trump can veto the package.
    I am rusty; can the President do a line item veto?

• Just Lurkin says:

Not anymore-was passed into law when the Republicans took the House in 1994, but ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS later (3 years or so). No coincidence that we made progress towards a balanced budget then.

23. Berliner says:

All this renaming bases because the namesake has fallen out of favor reminds me of the book “1984” by George Orwell. These are his final words:

That was brilliant. I think we are now headed toward what Orwell portrayed in that brilliant piece of literature. I doubt most high schoolers today have even read it, let alone understood what it portends for our future if we continue down this road to Progdomania.