An (Olfactory) “Blast” from the Past

| November 19, 2019

From 1972, to be precise. “Enjoy” – so to speak. (smile)

Since it’s now late Fall, thankfully this is less appropriate while traveling than it was a few months ago. Even if it does feature “Technicolor, man!” (smile)

Category: Pointless blather, Who knows

1. Sarge says:

The only song i think that can touch this is “Guy on a Buffalo”.

Well since we’re on the subject of critter songs, I just try to leave this here. 😀

• Devtun says:

The congress critter (allegedly) let loose a massive ‘trump’. That’s British speak for a fart. 🙂

Well, now Progda is saying ol’ Swallowswell did not toot his horn on MSNBC with Chrissie “Tingle up my leg” Matthews. It was done by the Russkies with some kind of video hacking, even though many thousands of people saw and heard it on live TV. Goddamn, those Russkies are clever. And sneaky too. They will do anything to keep Trump in office so he can kill more of their military and undermine their energy economy.

3. OWB says:

Man, like I don’t remember that one. At. All.

• Martinjmpr says:

Wan’t it George Carlin who said “If you remember the 60’s, you weren’t there”?

• Hondo says:

FWIW: it made top 20 in both Billboard and Cashbox listings in the spring of 1973.

While that novelty tune is Wainwright’s best known song (I believe it’s his only charting hit single to date), he’s hardly a one-trick pony. Three of his albums have been nominated for Grammy awards; he received the 2010 award for “Best Traditional Folk Album”.

4. nobunny says:

I’ll add “Disco Duck” by Rick Dees in 1976 to the list of “WTF, 1970s?” songs.

5. AZRobert says:

“Timothy” by the Buoys….1970

6. 11B-Mailclerk says:

Now, we -could- venture into the territory of Doctor Dimento….

7. timactual says:

I heard a song as a lad that impressed me greatly at the time, but now I cannot remember the lyrics; “One Ball Reilly”. I believe it dates back at least as far as WWII.

While we’re at it, I dedicate this song to my Ex-Wife:

Hey, will we get to see a post on TAH about the fake Admiral that was outed in Atlanta? Here’s a teaser video of The Hair®™ doing a number on that POS:

10. Thunderstixx says:

Mungo Jerry, one of the best songs about The Summertime in the history of Rock and Roll.
    The singer evidently had a pretty good head for business as he now owns three restaurants in the New York area and is doing very well for himself and his family.
    Love to hear of success !!!
    Great fun tune too !!!
    Oo-ch,ch repeat ad infinitum !!!