Bob Glaves: Stolen Valor Hurts Everyone

| November 11, 2019 | 37 Comments

Greg Taylor of the Peninsula Daily News wrote a Point of View article about how Veterans Day is special and he talks about a recent “development” in their community…

This summer, the Peninsula Daily News featured a front-page story about a Vietnam veteran riding his motorcycle to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. to pay homage to his fallen comrades. Because he was dying of cancer — the result of Agent Orange exposure — the trek was dubbed “The Wall Before I Die.”

To those familiar with the history of that war, the veteran’s age and the dates he professed to have served in Vietnam, 1974 and 1975, just did not ring true.

America had ceased large-unit combat operations by 1973.

A FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request exposed the truth: the veteran had served but had never stepped foot in Vietnam — and certainly could not be dying of Agent Orange exposure.

This development is laid out in great detail in a recent article by PDN reporter Jesse Major.

Sadly, lying about one’s service is not uncommon.

I wonder who they are talking about?   Robert Glaves Jr?  Surely his DD-214 would have arrived by now even if it was by Caribou, Yak or a dog sled.

I guess ol’ Bob thought by blurring a few entries on his DD-214 it would put it all behind him.  Since he is a veteran, just not a Vietnam veteran, he can freely go into any Applebee’s and flash that bogus DD-214 with the dates blurred out and get a free meal.

What about the donors?  Did they ever get their money back?

Thanks for your Point of View, Greg Taylor… and thank you for your military service to this country.

Category: Army Poser, Stolen Valor, Stolen Valor Act, Usual Suspects

1. The Stranger says:

The only thing I’m going to say is the best revenge is living well. I’m going to drop by the wife’s office and help them put together some cards for Soldiers who will be deployed over the holidays.

2. ninja says:

Hope Ole Bob’s Biker Chick Friend, AKA Kelly, reads the article.

Hey, Kelly, where IS Bob Glaves’ DD214?

Didn’t Ole Bob tell everyone he put it in the mail?

KUDOs to PDN and Greg Taylor for writing and publishing the story. There is a section in the article that one can leave comments.

Please provide positive comments for PDN, Greg Taylor and Jesse Major for exposing Bob Glaves for his embellisment and lies.

Now if only the folks in Elko, Nevada would follow their lead and tell the truth about Lester Brown and his Merry Men.

3. SSG Kane says:

Bob Glaves: The ongoing Saga of his DD 214

The last update we had about Bob’s DD-214 (as recounted by an impeccable and fully trusted source with connections in the “community” (i.e. me) see:https://valorguardians.com/blog/?p=91481&cpage=1 for more details) Bob’s DD-214 was seized by a joint DoD and CIA team, SEAL’ed in a lock box, and thrown into an undisclosed location…

Or was it? Recent traffic on the black market indicates that one of the “trusted operators” involved in the op, seized the actual DD-214, swapping it with a fake just before the box was tossed out of the space shuttle and into the ocean.

He looks to be trying to sell the DD-214 on the black market. The CIA is reportedly considering buying it, in order to protect not only proof of their super secret teenage recruiting efforts and activities in Vietnam after US involvement ended, but the whole fiasco with Bob’s DD-214 being in the wild as well.

I can attest to the validity of SSG Kane’s narrative in that I was on detached duty as the door gunner on the shuttle that night. My quals came from being a Door Gunner Specialist E-4 Mafia on the Battlestar Pegasus. One slight correction to SSG Kane’s story is the DD-214 was actually stashed in Kelly’s Canyon, where no man wants to go again. Now, everybody has got to line up cause now that we’ve told you we have to…well you know…

Thanks to everyone that brought the lying, embellishing POSer “Bumbling Bob” Robert Glaves to the “awareness” of everyone. Thanks to PDN, Greg Taylor, and Jesse Major for keeping it in the news.

4. The Stranger says:

Good on Mr. Taylor for a well-written and we’ll-thought out column.

5. Combat Historian says:

I’m going to the Veterans Day ceremony in my local town in an hour, then to the local Legion for a bite to eat, then home. I have neither the stomach nor the patience to listen to a tidal wave of fake war story bullshit from posers and embellishes as they fight to get in line for free shit at the Applebee’s and other eateries. Hope you all have a Blessed Veterans Day…

6. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Bob Glaves is still a Cocksucker.

7. Stoutguy says:

My local newspaper had an article about a Veterans Day ceremony and interviewed a 66 year old Vietnam veteran. Something doesn’t seem right about it.

• Green Thumb says:

My dad was drafted in 68 at 18. So there is some math.

While some reporters are clowns and do not ask questions or just make shit up or leave out “important” parts (think Nathan Phillips – whatever happened to that issue?), some reporters make honest mistakes or do not have the understanding to ask questions of clarification.

That being said, I do not know in the case. They do always come out of the woodwork this time of year…

• ninja says:

Mark Merring, the Navy Veteran in the story, was born in March 1953, so yes, it is possible he served during the Vietnam Conflict, either on the waters surrounding Vietnam or as a Vietnam Era Veteran.

• David says:

If he is 66 he was likely born in ’53 or possibly late ’52. Plenty of time to get in, go over, and maybe even ETS before the war ended.

• Cameron Kingsley says:

I had an uncle born around that time frame and he was definitely in Vietnam by the late 60s (he had dropped out of high school and joined the Army). I do believe he did arrive in time for the infamous Tet Offensive.

8. Green Thumb says:

This is guy is like the turd that never seems to flush…..

9. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

So JUST HOW MUCH MONEY did Bob Glaves con donors out of to go on his alleged trip to DC which I and manifold others doubt he made?

The real vets are the WWII/Korea/VN people who never brought it up until the end, and their families knew little to nothing about it. Never talked about it.

Those are the stories we DON’T want to lose.

This jerk? Frack him and the rats he rode in on.

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

I grew up in an Army town in the 70’s and 80’s knowing WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam Vets. Among them, the ones who did the most talked about their Service the least!

I would just like to thank everyone here that
    served our great country. You know who you are.

12. I forgot all about his DD214 being carried by SGT Preston of the Yukon and his dog King. Where are you Sarge?? Ok, I’m going off on a tangent again. Where are you on the above line was actually a ballad sung by the Mello-Moods in 1952 on Bobby Robinsons Red Robin record label. They were a ‘Kiddy” sound group before Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers started the Kiddie sound trend. So Sarge, where are you with the DD214? Are you still snow bound eating your sponsors Puffed rice shot out of a cannon.??

13. Comm Center Rat says:

Just pulled my NDSM out of a duffle bag in the basement and pinned it on my American Legion windbreaker. Even washed my 25th ID Tropic Lightning ball cap and sprayed it with Febreze. Headin’ over to Applebee’s shortly for my free meal.

Hope to regale the obliging wait staff and fawning civilian customers with tales of REMF duty in Iraqistan. Anyway, I’ll run it up the flagpole and see who salutes. I love being a member of the Free Shit Army!!

But only for today and this day next year. I am about to receive an unsolicited free Bloody Mary after watching our local parade. Guess my hat bing got me the freebie at the sports bar.

14. Wilted Willy says:

I only wish that my pos brother was hanging from the highest flagpole by his nuts! I will not go and bum a free meal just for being a vet. I loved serving my country and would do it again in a heartbeat! Now let’s get some rope and go hang my pos brother!! All of you please write your congress critters and have them look into his case???

15. Sarge says:

Bob shoulda taken that mission over Macho Grande.

16. Skippy says:

Amazing to know this goes on still
    I lost in the span of 13 months
    3 of my uncles thanks to agent
    Orange, Blue, all of them
    Served in Vietnam
    In what I would call a shithole
    Called Pleku, I’ve probably miss spelled it
    But who gives a shit, all of them in my opinion
    Were bad-ass mother fuckers
    None ever talked about there service to this great country one passed away a week before jonn did on my way to a fishing trip to Colorado, jonn on my way back home, the point here is every body wants
    To be a bad ass until shit hits the fan
    Fuck this chicken fucker
    I hope karma screws you well
    That’s all skippy

17. AO2(NAC) says:

In the words of my LPO, “Fuck this fucking fuck gai.”