Friday Feel Good Stories

| October 11, 2019 | 23 Comments

Practice, practice, Delta Whiskies and Whiskettes.

Denver Uber driver found not guilty of first-degree murder in passenger’s 2018 killing

By: Blair Miller , Lance Hernandez
DENVER – The Uber driver who was charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of his passenger in May of 2018 was found not guilty by a jury on Thursday.

The not guilty verdict was handed down shortly after 11 a.m. after a day and a half of deliberations.

During the trial, which started last Monday, 31-year-old During the trial, which started last Monday, 31-year-old Michael Hancock’s attorney argued that he shot his passenger, Hyun Kim, 45, in self-defense after Kim allegedly attacked him while he was driving in the early-morning hours of June 1, 2018. Authorities said Hancock fired 10 shots at Kim and hit him six times.

The defense had told the jury that the evidence from prosecutors did not back up his self-defense claim as the state tried to convince jurors that Hancock had committed premeditated murder when he got out of his vehicle after the car stopped, went to the passenger side and premeditated murder when he got out of his vehicle after the car stopped, went to the passenger side and shot Kim.

1 / 0 / 0
Read the entire article at The Denver Channel.com

Dollar General shooting: ‘I shot him in self-defense,’ clerk says

DAYTON — A Dollar General clerk fatally shot an armed robber Wednesday night inside the store at 2228 North Gettysburg Avenue.

“I just had somebody try to attempt and rob me over here at Dollar General on Gettysburg,” the 911 caller said. “Came in with a firearm, threatened to take money out the drawer, pointed a gun at me and my staff members.”

The suspect, believed to be in his 20s, entered the store about 6:20 p.m. with a firearm, and the clerk shot him after he demanded money, Dayton police Sgt. Thomas Schloss said.

1 / 0 / 0
The rest of the article may be viewed at WHIO.com

Armed homeowner captures suspected burglar near his Fort Worth home, police say

By Domingo Ramirez Jr.
A 53-year-old armed homeowner caught a suspected burglar early Wednesday after hearing someone breaking into his truck near his Fort Worth home, police said.

The homeowner held the suspect at gunpoint until patrol officers arrived.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

0 / 1 / 0
Read the rest of the article at Star-Telegram.com

I am not a LEO, Delta Whiskies ands Whiskettes. I’ll not likely be chasing anyone after the threat has been removed; one way or another. Todays count stands at a respectable two DRT, one inconvenienced, and none running in the wind.

I heartily accept the motto, “That government is best which governs least.” — HENRY DAVID THOREAU

Category: Feel Good Stories

You’re late! Give an accounting of yourself! The usual suspects expecting an early morning dose of FGSs have been wandering around re-reading and commenting on the other threads. You KNOW how they are. Some of them working the F5 key like it was time for the Friday TAH Weekend Open Thread.

Good to know the jury decided in favor of the Uber driver. Now we will see the civil lawsuit that will force Uber’s insurance company to pay off in a wrongful death suit. It’s always about the money. Do we count this one as another DRT? Or was it already counted previously? Homeboys does need some range time. 6 hits out of 10 at close range? hmmmm

Down heah, Dollar Generals are built in some of the sketchiest hoods imaginable. And yes, they are robbed on a nearly daily basis. Some have been hit time after time… By the same perps.

Citizen with a legal gun stops bad guy trespassing with intents to steal. Who’d a thunk.

• Hondo says:

Watch it, 5/77 – or J.B. will be here calling you a “redneck” or Indiana Jones wannabee. And coming from he/she/it, that will really sting!

(I trust the sarcasm above is obvious.)

• AW1Ed says:

It’s worth the wait, DDDCC. Yes, I overslept for reasons that are none of your business, but after 30+ years of marriage I’ve learned there is no point in arguing with MrsAW1 when she has her heels down.
      “Just wouldn’t be prudent.”
      *grin*

• UpNorth says:

TAH may have to add a sub-category, like DRT-Ghetto Lottery entrant.

“after a day and a half of deliberations”

Well if the same person that wrote the article
    (Blair Miller) was also the prosecutor I can
    see why it took so long.

3. Daisy Cutter says:

Friday Morning Feel Good Stories are so Storied. 😉

Used to be taxi drivers were always getting held up on late night calls. I guess the Ubers look more prosperous or something.

5. Frankie Cee says:

Sheesh, I was looking for the Feel Good Stories from 0600, CDT, until I had to go to the barn and feed the hayburners at 0700. I was wringing my hands as I walked out the door.
    The Dollar General clerk nearly messed up, saying that he shot because the guy was robbing, but then covered himself with the personal threat note. Mere seeking cash in a robbery doesn’t work in “stand your ground” if you are in a commercial situation, (at least not in Florda), so one must always “feel that a life is in danger”.