Boomer’s Sunday

| December 20, 2020

It’s time once again, Delta Whiskies and Whiskettes, for Boomer’s Sunday, where I cull through his weekly offering of ‘toons, and pick the best. Honorable Mention goes to my pals Chuck, Gerhart, Woke Infidel, AW1 Scott, AW1 Rod, and our own President Elect Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman, Cameron, Skippy, HMCS(FMF) ret, Poetrooper, Mason, Jeff LPH 3 63-66, thebesig, Keepin’ It Real, and Ex, who also have provided some entertainment. These are mostly from the right, with humor scattered around. I am more than willing to post up differing points of view if they don’t annoy me. Now what could be fairer than that? So here we are, with the ‘toons that may amuse, make you think, or just piss you off.

Category: Guest Post, Humor, Satire

1. George V says:

Oh, man, the bathroom roller towel thingy…. the picture alone brings back the smell of old disinfectant over unclean highway gas station bathroom. Most of them seemed to have run out of clean towel some days in the past. After about 3 hard yanks you know you ain’t getting clean towel and who knows who did what with that towel you just wiped your hands with. So you have to wash your hands again, but really really hard, then wave them around to fling off most of the water.

2. GCED12 Retired Grunt says:

Hey, I loved those bathroom towels, probably why I really don’t get that sick. (BTW, I won my runoff and am now known as Garbage Collector Elect District 12 Retired Grunt and to think my dad said I’d never amount to much. )

3. How about the rubber dispensers in gas station bathrooms.

• Anonymous says:

They’re in elementary schools today.

• Poetrooper says:

In the gender-neutral restrooms…

• Mason says:

Not just men have penises.

I noticed the other day, while scanning the OPFOR’s broadcasts (aka NPR), they were talking about Covid medication or whatnot, then mentioned the effects on various minorities, etc. … then “Blah-blah-blah….and people who are pregnant…” ????

When I grew up, only women got pregnant.

• timactual says:

Now in various decorator colors—
      “Midnight Musk”
      “Lusty Lime”
      “Bold Banana”

“For the prevention of disease only”

From a small local American Legion post I once attended. For some reason this bit stuck in my mind. My sense of humour may be a bit….peculiar.

4. KoB says:

If you don’t leave me alone, I will hurt you AND take your stuff. Now…LEAVE ME ALONE! I was all about that social distancing before it became mandated.

Tanks Mateys!

I can’t wait for RPGs to be part of the packing list to SP from Fort Roh-Dog!
    If Ms. Siskind would like to escalate this timeline and head out to this suburb first, I’ll be her huckleberry.
    On a completely different topic, did you know adequately maintained compost piles don’t freeze?

This is a from a week ago, popped into my feed (don’t ask me how) It’s the ‘not commies’ berating Orange Hitler for doing Executive Orders (EO) that we’re ‘mean’, then breathlessly complaining Gropin’ Joe won’t promise to use, paraphrasing ‘Un Constitutional EOs to force policy’!!!!
    I’m not sure wtf is wrong with the left in general, but it’s evident that they’re going to spend the next couple years eating each other, and I’m pretty German so that level of schadenfreude being free…. priceless.

• AW1Ed says:

You’ll shoot your eye out with that RPG, kid.
      *grin*

• Roh-Dog says:

I’ll make sure to wear; eye pro, a PT belt, Ranger panties and a lite coat of CLP.
        Heck, I’ll even throw in the shit eating grin for free!
        I’ve never seen a RPG with a compass in the stock, it’s not practical anyway as they’re made of steel.

• timactual says:

” Ranger panties ”

My god, there is such a thing! I Googoled it. “Don’t ask, don’t tell” doesn’t work if you insist on flaunting it!

• Hondo says:

I know you meant Googled it, timactual – and I’m not razzing you for the typo. But seeing that brings up an interesting trivia point: there is actually something named a “googol”.

It’s a number: ten to the 100th power (1 followed by 100 zeros). It represents a quantity larger than the estimated number of elementary particles in the physical universe (10 to the 80th power).

The term history is interesting; it was named by the 9-year old nephew (Edwin Sirotta) of Columbia University Professor of Mathematics Edqard Kasner. Kasner was looking for a name for the number 10^100 that would be interesting to children. During a walk with his 9 year old nephew, his nephew suggested the name “googol” – and it stuck.

And yes: the search engine’s name is related to the term “googol”. It was derived from a misspelling of same.

(smile)

• Roh-Dog says:

Don’t knock [them] until you try [them]!

Our Vet group’s Thursday conditioning hikes we’d wear silkies (aka Ranger panties) with rucks and plate carriers… get all sorts of attention, some good, some bad.

Ending at the bar was always interesting.

Cougar City, USA!

Warning about renewable crap: if you have a brand-new stove with a convection oven, and the power goes out, the gas valves won’t open and you can’t cook anything. Period. They only open when there is electricity to open them.

I will not only never give up my 1998 XL44, if I ever move elsewhere, I’m taking that thing with me. The oven won’t start up unless the thermostat is getting power, but that’s not an issue for me. I can light the stovetop with kitchen matches and that means I can cook, regardless. Ace Hardware does carry those flame diffusers for gas stovetops, so it’s likely others do, too.

Fresh popcorn is good when the power’s out and you’re bored silly and just want to read a book by the light of great-grandma’s oil lamp.

• Ret_25X says:

This is why I have both a back up gen and a set of propane camping devices like stovetopes, oven, and heaters.

Keeping a few propane tanks around is not hugely expensive for the “normal” outages we experience from storms or accidents. It is NOT a long term solution for SHTF scenarios. Which is why I also have solar and battery systems for some induction eyes.

Frankly, there are no good solutions for long term SHTF scenarios outside wood stoves–but that requires living somewhere that one can source the wood.

Inside urban areas, SHTF will degenerate to complete chaos within days if not hours. Most people do not even have a day’s worth of water on hand, let alone any viable back up for cooking.

• Roh-Dog says:

Hey Ex,
      Figured I’d drop this vid in to give you some ideas on what to do. Fernando is a good source of info on how to brace for the possibility of social unrest. Let’s just say he’s seen a thing or two. His books come highly recommended, caveat emptor, haven’t read them personally.

To back up 25X’s comments, he’s 100% right about urban areas turning violent on a dime and the need for a layered fuel plan. If you’re in a wooded area there will be competition for resources, plan accordingly. Barter is the only currency I see ‘working’ if all goes to pot.

I really hate saying this, but… this may be the last of what we may consider ‘normal’.

If the lights go out, regardless of cause, it will get bad faster than any of us could have anticipated.