MoH recipient MSG Leroy Petry has his MoH license plate stolen

| September 15, 2020 | 33 Comments

ninja sends us the story of Leroy Petry losing his Medal of Honor license plate while parked at the airport. In a case of literal stolen valor,

If you see someone driving around with a Medal of Honor license plate, the vehicle may not necessarily belong to a recipient of the military’s highest honor for valor.

Retired Army Master Sgt. Leroy Petry, who received the award in 2011 for risking his life to save fellow Rangers in Afghanistan in 2008, says someone stole the plate off one of his vehicles last week while it was parked at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

“So yesterday I noticed that someone stole my Medal of Honor plate from the front of my vehicle while parked at Seatac airport last week while I was visiting the troops in Ft. Eustis VA,” said Petry, 41, in a post on his Facebook page. “I had the security screws so someone must have really wanted it. Probably some Call of Duty gamer or PX Ranger. #StolenValor.”

Read the rest here.

Category: Guest Link, Medal of Honor, ninja, Stolen Valor

1. Slow Joe says:

License plates with military medals are target indicators for people that hate the military, like pantifa and BLdM.

2. Sapper3307 says:

Seattle,, nuff said

3. Green Thumb says:

I wonder if All-Points Logistics has any “employees” in the area?

Smooth move ex-lax. Steal one of the most highly traceable items in the world. DaHell you gonna do with it? Can’t sell it. Can’t display it. Can’t tell nobody you got it. Can’t eat it. Seriously? Daphuque did you get your sh^t for brains from?

Be funny as all hell if numbnuts put the plates on his vehicle and MSG Petrys came by where the car was parked and just kinda hung out til numbnuts showed up. Ooops. I’d buy a copy of that beatdown.

5. Andy11M says:

I’m sure if it shows up on ebay the sale won’t get pulled down no mater how many people hit that report button.

The first person they show it to will be their downfall.

7. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

I simply hope that the thieving fleabag gets caught by a Fellow Veteran and gets his fleabitten ass beat!

8. Berliner says:

Lots of theft at SEATAC. It’s far enough away from Seattle that the homeless don’t reside there but the thieves visit often, dragging an empty suitcase to fill.

That’s why I no longer drive to SEATAC. Register and park (2006 Prius w/250k miles) at the McChord terminal on JBLM in their long term lot for free and ride the shuttle. Cost for the shuttle (2 people) is less than it costs to park 2 days at SEATAC.

9. Combat Historian says:

Back in the early ‘80s, used to walk around downtown Seattle, the waterfront, visited the Space Needle, etc., while off-duty from Fort Lewis. Tacoma was much closer, but Seattle was “the Big City”. Flew several times into and out of SEATAC. Now it’s all gone, turned into blue shit-hole hell on earth…

10. NHSparky says:

I learned long ago never to take a POV to any major airport, expense being the least of the myriad of issues involved.

Here’s hoping the thief gets a major dose of karmic justice.

11. Old NFO says:

That is truly pathetic… One can only hope s/he gets caught by a vet… The karma would be…epic though!

12. Ocean12 says:

Woe be unto the individual caught with those plates. I work about 90 miles north of SEATAC…. please let me stop the car sporting that plate

13. IDC SARC says:

Low-life sack of yeasty quim squirt.