Who Ya Gonna Believe- Polls or Your Own Lyin’ Eyes?

| May 22, 2020 | 41 Comments

VA Governor Ralph Northam (D)

Polls being touted by the establishment media are telling us the presidential race is all but over, and that presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden is destined to sit in the Oval Office.

According to a Quinnipiac poll released Wednesday, President Donald Trump had better be ready to pack it up and head to Mar-a-Lago for an extended vacation.

If this sounds like 2015 is back, you could be right. Several recent elections have shaken the Democrats. Mike Garcia, a Republican endorsed by Trump, flipped California’s 25th Congressional District last week, several months after Democratic Rep. Katie Hill resigned in disgrace.

Tom Tiffany, another Trump-backed candidate, won Wisconsin’s Seventh Congressional District, fighting back Democrats hoping to take the seat following the resignation of former GOP Rep. Sean Duffy.

The trend continues in local elections, too.

Cameron sends.

Virginia City That Voted Obama Twice Throw Democrats Out Of Office

BY: SCOTT MOREFIELD

Three Democratic members of the Staunton, Virginia, city council were ousted by Republicans on Tuesday despite receiving more votes than they did four years ago.

Republican candidates Mark Robertson, Amy Darby, and Steve Claffey all joined incumbent Andrea Oakes in a four-seat GOP sweep, WHSV reported. The three incoming council members replaced Democratic incumbents Erik Curren, Ophie Kier, and James Harrington all almost doubled their vote totals from 2016, yet still lost.

Local outlet Augusta Free Press reporter Chris Graham called the results “stunning almost beyond words.”

“Democrats got their voters out better than they have in a May cycle in years,” Graham wrote. “Republicans got turnout more akin to, not quite a presidential year, but approaching gubernatorial.”

Read the entire article here: Daily Caller

Thanks, Cameron.

Category: Coronavirus, Guest Link, Gun Grabbing Fascists

1. Only Army Mom says:

“Graham cited gun control legislation in the state as well as COVID-19 lockdowns as key turnout drivers for Republicans in the city.”

This, right here is why.

Even the most hardcore Democrats I know are DONE with Pritzker, Whitmore and the democrats in DC. They are finally experiencing the difference between a socialist-nanny state and a Republic of Citizens with Rights. And they don’t like it.

They were fine when the ‘rules’ didn’t impact them.

• Ex-PH2 says:

“Even the most hardcore Democrats I know are DONE with Pritzker, Whitmore and the democrats in DC.” – OAM

This is why we’re starting to see signs at rallies that have “Democrats for Trump” posted on them.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Also, if you want to follow what’s going on in Illinois (mostly Chicago), type “WGN News Live” into your search block. They spend more time on the city of Chicago than any place else in the state.
      I asked my sister how things are where she is, south central in the state, and she said ‘not nearly as bad as it’s made out to be’.

These eyes may be crying, cause they’ll never see another love like the love I have for the Springfield M1911A1 featured today on the FGS, but they are not lying.

I repeat the high lights of another rant I made today; the only way the demonrats will take the White House is if they steal it. That is the danger. I hope that EVERYBODY gets off their ass and goes to the poll and casts their vote, in person. You can rest assured these mofos have crunched the numbers and are prepared to stuff the ballot box as much as they think they have to. Our rino guv appointed a closet rino liberal socialist to full fill an unexpired Senatorial Seat. We are working hard to defeat her in the upcoming election, and there is a good chance that ol guv will only have one term.

I don’t think I’ll vote demonrat until after I die.

3. OWB says:

In years past, when getting a poll call I just hung up. Now? I will answer the questions and feel absolutely no shame in saying, “Oh, I will vote straight Democrat party.” Lying to infidels is OK, right?

4. AW1 Rod says:

Polls are designed to shape public opinion, not test it.

5. Graybeard says:

I don’t even trust the polls the NRA or GOP conduct.

Reading the questions, one can see they are worse than useless.

And MSM is even worse.

6. E4 Mafia '83-'87 says:

I don’t take much stock in polls because:
    1-In 37 years as an eligible voter, no pollster has ever asked/tried to ask my opion.
    2-There are NO unbiased polls today.
    3-EVERY poll in 2016 was wrong

• Commissar says:

The polls were not wrong.

That is not how polls works.

Polls do not make predictions.

People use polls to make predictions.

Most of those were arguable you “wrong”, but that is not really how statistical predictions work either.

The predictions generally have Hillary a 75-85% change of winning, or about 5 in 6. Roughly.

If someone about to roll a dice were to say “I bet I roll a one” and another person replied “I bet you don’t” and the person actually rolls a 1, the person that bet they would not roll a 1 made the “right” bet since there was only a 1 in 6 chance the person rolling would roll a 1.

So he was “wrong” in the outcome and “right” in his prediction.

That is how statistical predictions work.

The most extreme prediction I read was on HuffPost which predicted a 95% chance Hillary would win.

That prediction was an outlier. But we don’t know how “wrong” it was because 5% probability outcomes happen all the time.

In fact, over the course of our history we would expect at least one of our presidents to have won an election where they were a massive underdog.

7. Commissar says:

This would be more interesting if the media was actually claiming the election is all but over.

The prevailing narratives are that Trump is the least popular president in decades but Biden is only narrowly leading and behind in some key states.

The other prevailing narrative is that Biden is not stepping up and he needs to do more to grab public awareness and attention during the tile we are having a leadership crisis.

Finally, misconduct allegations are causing a lot of dems to question whether he should even be regarded as the presumptive nominee anymore.

• NHSparky says:

Bitch, please.

They’re wrong, and getting worse.

• Mason says:

The problem for the Biden campaign is that any time they put Biden in front of a camera he shows he’s a mental midget, a creep, a racist, and going senile.

The Biden campaign would be better served keeping Biden out of sight until November.

• UpNorth says:

In light of the truth you posted, Mason, I. can’t wait for the first, and probably only, debate between The President and The Pretender. If Jill even lets Joey out of the basement.

• Mason says:

They’ll pretty much have to have a debate. At this point it’s tradition and expected. If Biden refuses to debate him (which he very well may), it’ll be a big blow to his campaign.

I also can’t wait for the debate. Should be more fun than watching Trump eviscerate Clinton.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Calling the African American Community the way that Gropin’ Joe did today and gonna get him the White House… but he’ll probably get a ton of applications from the KKK to be a Kleagle!

• Roh-Dog says:

“[Biden] needs to do more to grab public…”
      Um, -cue John Cena ‘are you sure about that’ meme-
      (I know, I know, lowest hanging fruit but I’m a simple man with a simple mind)

8. HMCS(FMF) ret says:

The sound of Gropin’ Joe’s chances to be in the White House:

• Mason says:

I don’t know. This is only the latest racist thing he’s said. He’s said other racist shit just in this primary cycle! Remember that poor kids are “just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Guess who said this:

“I’m prepared to say that I have a record over 40 years, and that I’m going to beat Joe Biden”

• Ex-PH2 says:

They can’t run Bernie, because he’s a butthead, and he’s already had one cardiac event that sent him to the hospital. No control over Bernie, and he has a malfunction, could drop dead (or have a stroke) with no notice.

There’s also the possibility that Bernie could beat Trump by a hair. He’s not someone they can control.

Now would you, as political gamesters rather have Bernie, referencing his “faults”, or a puppet on a string?

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Bernie’s a grifter.

I wonder if he gets a fourth “bargain price” house for this “run”, or a fat numbered account…

• Ex-PH2 says:

If he gets another free house, he’ll probably sell it (I would) and bank the cash. Bernie isn’t a bit stupid; he does know how to game the system to get what he wants and for him, it appears he wants mostly cash in some form