Weekend Open Thread

| April 3, 2020

Palm Sunday focuses on Jesus riding into Jerusalem as people lay down palm leaves and clothing items in front of his progress. (askideas.com)

This coming Sunday is Palm Sunday. It’s also the beginning of Holy Week. We’re very familiar with the events associated with Palm Sunday, as well as Holy Friday. Each of the days from Sunday through Saturday highlights a major gospel event… Culminating in the vigil on Holy Saturday, and the resurrection the following Sunday. Enjoy Your Weekend.

Category: Open thread

1st

• Roh-Dog says:

Dang! Good on you!

• ChipNASA says:

That’s 3? now right?
      Yay, it looks like we may have a new WEINER soon enough.

I have been working and getting ready for a zoom teleconference.

I could have jumped in sooner but as I said, I’m giving you a chance to become the new an reigning KING of BATTLE WoT!!!!

Good Luck ..

Just hanging around until Monday when I have a telecon with the neurologist. I have no idea if it will bear any fruit but it’s better than nothing.
      Cheers all and have a great weekend

Tanks Bro, you da man. I’ll have my girl set you up a pitcher of Arnold Palmer’s for refreshments. And a 1/2 dozen Krispy Kreame Donuts. It was 2 years ago on this date in history that a neurologist told me if I made it 2 more years I’d be lucky. It was 57 years ago on this date in history when we buried our Papa. So yep, HT to Roh-Dog, thebesig, and my Christian upbringing, Palm Friday/Sunday and Easter do mean a great deal to me. You hang tuff and make sure you tell all of them phuquing phuquers to just phuque off.

• Graybeard says:

We are thankful for God’s grace that has kept you with us. May God grant you many more years, 5th/77th

• Roh-Dog says:

Although the idea of a TAH kegger in The Great AA in the Sky brings me joy, we ain’t done here by a long shot.
          May He continue to place His work ahead of you.
          To many more years, cheers!

• SFC D says:

Forget the Arnold Palmers. I want a John Daly. Lemonade and Iced Tea Vodka.

SFC D, them pitchers of APs is cause the Chipster be on the wagon. Other teetotalers get the house wine…sweet iced tea. Those of us concerned about toothache or snakebite will have some of that tea from Long Island.

Rumor control had it that when Arnie was FIRST at Augusta for the golf games was when he had a lemonade and sweet ice tea mixture.

• SFC D says:

MRS D and I discovered John Dalys at a resort poolside bar a few years back. Iced Tea vodka over a lemonade slush. One potent slurpee. Major sunburn ensued.

I’m glad Easter is here again. It means so much more this year.
    Have a great weekend y’all!(even if that means not a thing!)

3. Hack Stone says:

Hack Stone declares Not Yet Ready To Claim First Comment On This Ain’t Hell Weekend Open Thread.

Hack Stone would also like to remind anyone who may be inclined to watch Phil Monkress of All Points Logistics juggling balls this weekend to maintain a six foot social distance zone.

Finally, please rest easy knowing that as you read this, software Engineers in the Wuhan Research Laboratory of a proud but humble woman owned business that sells software to the federal government is diligently working on software to conquer the Coronavirus threat.

FIRE MISSION FIRE MISSION FIRE MISSION!!!!! ALL BATT REES TIME ON TARGET!!!!! BY MY COMMAND!!! FIRE AT WILL ROLLING BARRAGE!!!!!!!! FIRST!!!!!

The King of Battle has struck again. Another 3 pete on the Coveted EARNED NEVER AWARDED Friday TAH Weekend Open Thread FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!

Frosty beverages, hot wings, and quality seegars all around!

• Outcast says:

As often as the royal crown and scepter get passed around here it would seem that someone ought to go to BK and get a new crown as the old one is getting well worn and the scepter needs to be refurbished (gold spray paint, rubber top end is flaking and handle has wore through to wood) as well as sanitized as rumor down here in the cellar is that Hack used it to clean out a clog in his throne in the water closet.

5. Claw says:

Half Time (End of 2nd Quarter, FY20) Score from the Valor Vultures Tote Board:

Army – 15 1/2 (+1/3)

Navy – 14 1/3

Marines – 9 1/3

Air Force – 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2

Coast Guard – Zero

Note: Fractions are the result of Posers declaring simultaneous service in separate branches, when in reality they never (for the most part) spent a day in uniform.

• Roh-Dog says:

Go Army, beat Navy!
      Who’s going to take the Gilded Toilet Seat ™ ?!

• Graybeard says:

Thanks for taking up the scoresheet, Claw.

I’ve had to let it slide this year.

• AW1Ed says:

Naw, should be Army- 15 1/2 (+1/3), and Navy- 23 2/3.

Too bad, Army.

• Claw says:

Nope, gonna keep them separated. Never saw a Marine in a set of Blueberries with a U. S. Navy branch tape. Don’t want to rile up the Jarheads if I don’t have to./s

• Devtun says:

Based on the relative size of the Navy & USMC compared to the Army – damn the sea services are really killing it w/ the Poser Posse. The AF & CG need more love FFS.

• Green Thumb says:

The Coast Guard needs to quit half-stepping.

6. Commissioner Wretched says:

The King of Battle makes in three! Go for that coveted five, KoB! To help you along, I’m leaving the trivia for this week – and just like last April Fool’s week, it’s got the “find the fakes” game.

DID YOU KNOW…?
    Let’s see if you can find the three false items in this year’s April Fools’ column!
    By Commissioner Wretched

Once again, it’s the first week of April! And that means the arrival of April showers, the budding of all our spring plants, and … April Fools!

Not being the kind of person to let a good silly occasion pass me by, I’m going to do again the “seek out the fake” column. Three of the things talked about in this week’s column are totally false … see if you can find them.

No, there are no prizes, and you have to wait until next week to see if you’re right – but if you wish, you can e-mail your picks to me at didyouknowcolumn@gmail.com, and I will at least let you know how you did.

Remember, only three of these are false … go find them!

Did you know …

… it is illegal to eat a hamburger on a Sunday in the city of St. Cloud, Minnesota? (I have no idea if this law is actually enforced – if it is, I’d love to know how McDonald’s reacts to it!)

… the elephant’s closest living relative is a small, furry mammal? Though the great pachyderms are related to manatees and dugongs, the closest relative to the elephant is the rock hyrax. The first time you see one, you’d think the rock hyrax is a rodent, but it isn’t … it has several tiny elephant-like features, such as tusks. (And you’d better believe nobody gives the rock hyrax a hard time, either!)

… salt water reacts to temperature differently than fresh water? Of course, we all know salt water has to be colder to freeze, but adding salt to water also makes it boil faster. Scientists say that it has something to do with changing the basic salinity of the liquid that affects its reaction to temperature. (It makes the water taste funnier, too.)

… the average life span of a mosquito is about two weeks? (But oh, the misery they can cause during those two weeks!)

… an early Russian queen was someone to fear? Saint Olga of Kiev (890?-969) was the wife of Igor (885?-945), an early ruler of what would become Russia. When neighboring Drevlians murdered Igor in 945, Olga plotted a gruesome revenge. The Drevlians sent a group to ask Olga to come and marry the prince who’d killed Igor, but instead she had the group of men buried alive. A subsequent delegation was locked in a bathhouse, which was then set on fire. But Olga’s greatest revenge was against the Drevlian capital city of Korosten. She had been laying siege to the city for a year when she suddenly asked for a truce, and a peace offering of three pigeons from each house. The Drevlians, thrilled that they were getting off so easy, provided what Olga asked. Olga then had a small piece of sulphur attached to each bird, lit the sulphur on fire, and released the birds, which flew back home. The resulting blaze totally destroyed Korosten and as the residents tried to flee, Olga’s forces slaughtered them. (The moral of the story: Stay on Olga’s good side!)

… the first U.S. patent was issued in 1790? It went to Samuel Hopkins (1743-1818) for a way to manufacture potash and pearl ash, which is used in glass and gunpowder. Patent Number 1 was issued to Hopkins on July 31, 1790, just three and a half months after the U.S. Patent Office was established. That first patent was signed by President George Washington (1732-1799).

… one of the greatest minds of the 20th Century actually failed math? Albert Einstein (1879-1955) failed the entrance exam to the Zurich Polytechnic Institute at age 14, doing exceptionally poorly in the math portion. Ironically, Dr. Einstein would later make his mark on history as one of the foremost mathematicians in the world. (In his defense, I should point out that everybody has a bad day.)

… it can be dangerous to your health to go to a hospital? About two million people who go to hospitals in the United States for one ailment wind up catching another one. (Another tip: Don’t go to the hospital expecting to rest, either.)

… the first puck used in a professional game of ice hockey was not made of vulcanized rubber? Today, all hockey pucks – from Pee Wee Leagues all the way up to the NHL – are made of rubber. But the first one ever used in a professional game, in 1904, was actually a frozen piece of cow dung. (Oh, the jokes I could make at this point! But hockey players have a reputation for fighting, and I like my face just the way it’s currently arranged.)

… touching a baby bird can mean it will die? Birds have an extraordinary sense of smell, and if a momma bird detects the “odor” of a human on one of her babies, she will force it out of the nest. We all know what happens after that. (So keep your grubby mitts to yourself, okay?)

… a university got caught plagiarizing? The University of Oregon’s student handbook contained a section on plagiarism and why it’s a bad thing – but the school itself was guilty, having lifted the entire section from Stanford University’s teaching handbook. (The English Department now offers a course in Irony.)

… in Chinese dining, duck sauce is almost never used on duck? Duck sauce, also known as orange sauce, is a sweet and sour dip for deep-fried dishes such as egg rolls and won ton. Its flavor is not normally associated with the taste of duck. (That’s a pretty fowl thing to say, isn’t it?)

… there are more female millionaires than there are male millionaires in the United States? (But how many are single?)

Now … you know!

(Note: As mentioned, three of the above items are false. They will be identified in next week’s column.)

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

CW – If you wait long enough, Lynsi may become available again… and she had a lot of $$$$

• AW1Ed says:

You hockey puck yarn smells of bovine scatology, CW.

Got sidetracked with a call CW, fine job, again, on the trivia. And Tanks for the congrats. I will endeavor, I WILL persevere for the Coveted ACE 5pete on the TAH WOT FIRST!

My votes for your wrongness would be the puck, I think it was wooden and may have been square(?), the baby bird thing was an old tale used to keep kids from playing with baby birds, and there are more male millionaires than females.

And the hamburger queen? Think I’d pass, believe she’s like a pack of gum, everybody has had a piece.

• Commissioner Wretched says:

You got one right, KoB! I think you already know which one. The puck and the millionaire ones are accurate and correct.

• Commissioner Wretched says:

It’s accurate … at least as far as my research has shown. Note I say in the first *professional* game.

Congrats to the KOB once again.
    Watch your back next week. Just sayin..

Anybody else have a train song stuck in their
    head from yesterday?

Tanks Bro, Good Copy gotcha 5X5. The struggle is real. Not sure how many 3petes I gotz now, only the Claw knows for sure. There’s a quad or 2 in the mix somewhere. The Holy Grail of ACE, 5 in a row has never been achieved, that’s my goal, that’s my bucket list. I leave this little ditty that I meant to leave on the train thread yesterday. I had forgotten about it. Just something to change your ear worm!

8. LC says:

And in today’s “cover for the idiots” news, the website for the National Strategic Stockpile just changed its description this morning so that it now matches what Kushner said last night:

• AW1Ed says:

FTA:

Katherine McKeogh, a spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Human Services, said in a statement Friday that the edits to the stockpile’s webpage had been in the works prior to Kushner’s remarks Thursday.

“This is language we have been using in our messaging for weeks now,” McKeogh said. She added that the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response “first began working to update the text a week ago to more clearly explain to state and local agencies and members of the public the role of the [Strategic National Stockpile].”

Surely you don’t doubt Ms. McKeogh’s veracity, LC?
      *grin*

• LC says:

Well, I certainly wouldn’t want to have to find a new job right now, would you? 😉

FYI, I checked the Wayback Machine – they’ve got a cache of the page from December 15th, 2018, and it has the old verbiage. Take that as you wish, along with the quote from Orwell (credit goes to the Twitter replies):

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

• Mason says:

Potayto/potato. Nit picking semantics.

NUMMA THIRTEEN and Honorary First once again.

((((OVER))))

10. Graybeard says:

Top 15!

• Graybeard says:

Was working on finding online resources to help me teach my Preschool kids by video. (2-year olds, my mental age group according to many who know me personally)

Learned more about Zoom in this last month than I wanted to know. But my adult men’s SS class is functioning passably well that way.

The Governor of the Great State of Texas has declared religious institutions “essential services” – along with gun stores.

I ‘spose we’re just a bunch of “clingers” but we drink to much sweet tea to be “bitter clingers”… so “In yo’ face, Obama & Hillary.”

Been working on teaching grandkids to shoot, but the panic buyers have cleaned the shelves of .22LR – so I’m budgeting rounds fired and going for repetition over time to help ingrain the skills.

If. however, there is any serious Zombie Apocalypse around the Graybeard Compound, we’re ready for them.

• AW1Ed says:

Dry-firing isn’t recommended for most .22s I’ve seen, but snap-caps are an an option. I’ve also used expended casings, painted them a bright red enamel (thanks honey!), stored separately from live of course.

Not about to tell you about firearm safety- you’re doing great training the little ones.

• I bought one of those Laserlyte systems where I load a .9MM, .40 or a .45 round that has a built in laser into the gun and fire at a laser target that lights up when you hit it. Great for striker fired DAO guns or I can use it on my Springfield XDe sub compact and fire single action But I have to cock the hammer every time I fire.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

I was told that the proper-sized plastic drywall anchor makes a dandy .22 snap cap. I do not recall the spec, but they should be fairly cheap to try.

• Graybeard says:

When I was in the gun store I didn’t think to look for the snap-caps for .22s – have to do that on the next run to town, whenever we get groceries/pay bills next.

And it never hurts to remind someone about teaching safety.

I got a reminder (more of a reinforcement) to teach cleaning/maintenance as well when teaching safety. Hadn’t been doing that with the 10-y.o. grandson, but went through it with eldest granddaughter. Next session she cleans the pistol herself.

If I keep the shooting sessions to 10-15 rounds (three groups of 5) I have enough non-hunting .22LR to go several weeks with the grandchild-students I am working with now. But the dry-fire exercises need to be added to the training rotation. Thanks for the reminder!

• SFC D says:

D’s Cantina is fully stocked and ready for the zombie apocalypse, but all we got was a damn Chinese virus. I’m soooo disappointed!

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Another handy dry-fire method: no-extract snap caps.

You can buy these, but you can also modify regular ones. Basically, grind away a portion of the dummy round rim so the extractor no longer engages.

Chamber round with cut-out in extractor position.

Click

Cycle action, leaving round in chamber.

Click.

Etc.

If the round doesn’t fall out when you elevate the muzzle with the action open, tap it out with a cleaning rod.

11. thebesiog says:

New York has over 100,000 confirmed cases. As more pass away as a result of this, they’re allowing their crematoriums to operate longer. What happens in New York, and the rest of the states as their numbers goes up, would provide a hint on what China is hiding.

They’re asking that loved ones chose a simple cardboard box in order to speed up the cremation process.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Regular death hasn’t stopped. Not a whole bunch of excess capacity in the funeral business.

Entirely expected.

12. thebesig says:

Here is a recommendation to close the toilet bowl lid when flushing the toilet. “Toilet fumes” could elevate from a flushing toilet, resulting in virus spread:

• Mason says:

It would be very “War of the Worlds” for a virus to destroy Germany’s latest attempt at European domination.

13. thebesig says:

Alexandria Cortez believes that relief should have reparations in mind:

COVID deaths are disproportionately spiking in Black + Brown communities.

Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc. ARE underlying health conditions.

Inequality is a comorbidity. COVID relief should be drafted with a lens of reparations.

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) April 3, 2020

• Redlining was the cause of the South Bronx burning down in the early seventies. aoc wasn’t even born then and that area was rebuilt. Trivia 82 Engine led with the most runs and workers at the time. WNYF Dept magazine used to have the lists of company’s that led in runs and workers. Their were neighborhoods that had no work and when the demographics changed, they led in the runs and workers and one example was 317 Engine & 165 Truck in the St. Albans neighborhood of Queens NYC. When on the bus going to HS, we also passed the ST Albans Naval Hospital on Linden Blvd.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I wonder what that dumbass twunt will say when it spreads like wildfire through homeless camps?

• SFC D says:

She’ll say Covid-19 was dispersed by Trump and the CIA in order to kill off the homeless population. Same way the feds introduced heroin, crack, and meth into the ghetto to kill off the black population.

SARC SARC SARC

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

The left has redefined crimes in some places to lower stats. They twist words and meanings shamelessly.

Why would we expect honest health numbers from lefties?

• Mason says:

I knew it was white peoples’ fault some how. Damn white people and their *shuffles cards* Chinese virus.

14. thebesig says:

The Twitter user claims that the Chinese were deliberately spreading the virus:

15. The Other Whitey says:

No Red Dawn progress this week. But I’m also burning some vacation time, so I’m indulging my history nerd impulses. Currently reading up on the Battle of Tsushima and the events leading up to it. Vice Admiral Zinovy Rozhestvensky was handed what had to be one of the most absurd leadership challenges in naval history right from the getgo, and as Drachinifel of YouTube points out, “And then it got worse” might as well be Russia’s national motto. I can only assume that Rozhestvensky’s daily prayers for much of 1905 (he was a practicing Russian Orthodox Christian) included begging God to tell him exactly what he’d done to piss Him off so badly as he dealt with piss-poor planning from above, Three-Stooges-level ineptitude and stupidity from his subordinate officers, and a series of disasters Hollywood couldn’t make up just getting to the spot where his fleet got slaughtered.

One would think that he would manage to pull off an underdog victory at the end of the Second Pacific Squadron’s 18,000-mile odyssey from Hell. But no, they’re Russians, so a happy—or even happy-ish—ending was never a possibility. Their only consolation was that they managed to tear up most of Togo’s battleships and cruisers on their way to Davey Jones’ Locker, but they didn’t sink any of them.

Perhaps the most amazing thing is that, despite this being that rarest of occasions when a good commander really was surrounded by morons, Rozhestvensky took full responsibility for the outcome and refused to blame any of his subordinates, even those who definitely deserved it.

16. thebesig says:

A woman at grocery store spits on bananas, subsequently gets arrested:

Here’s someone touching everything that other people would touch:

17. thebesig says:

Teenager creates “dining out” experience inside the home. According to some of the comments, they did this to get likes/points. But, if it lifts spirits…

18. LOYEE NOTICE

Due to the current financial situation caused by the Virus and
    slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a
    scheme to put workers of

50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus
    creating jobs and reducing unemployment.
    This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).
    Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be
    considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced
    Termination).
    Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the
    SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).
    A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as
    the Government deems appropriate.
    Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for
    Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel
    Early Severance).
    Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or
    SCREWED any further by the Government.
    Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT
    (Special High Intensity Training) as possible.

The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of SHIT they
    give our citizens.
    Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this
    to the attention of your MP, who has been trained to give you all the
    SHIT you can handle.
    Sincerely,
    The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)
    PS – Due to the Virus, recent budget cuts and the rising cost of
    electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, The
    Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

• Roh-Dog says:

Ha!
      My masters give me more SHIT that I can handle safely. Is there a SHITHEAD (Special High Intensity Training Helping Extremely Aberrant Dickheads) program?
      I needs…

Depressing out there right now, here’s a live cam on Times Square:

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

And here’s Vegas:

• Mason says:

That’s kind of making me want to go to Vegas. Sunshine and you don’t have to fight for a machine!

• thebesig says:

Video Comment:

BakerStaysBaked: ​China go boom

• thebesig says:

Drone view of Denver:

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

At least the freight trains are running. The Amtrak trains for the past few days either slowed to a crawl without stopping there or only stopped momentarily.

• Green Thumb says:

As New Yorker’s continue to disregard social distancing but yet their Governor and Mayor bitch about not enough equipment.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

THEY COULD HAVE stocked up in times past, but they chose instead to hand out money and things to freeloaders and illegal aliens instead.

• Graybeard says:

Did you see Trump’s smackdown letter to Schumer?

Classic!

• Mason says:

Ooooo, that’s gotta sting. Not since Kennedy railed about the cost of his kid’s crib has a president given such an epic smackdown.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

… boom

• Ex-PH2 says:

Gee, that’s nice to see.

The only thing my state’s governor has bitched about is lack of “stuff” (mostly equipment not available because NOT manufactured but underway), but he has shut that whining down now.

• Green Thumb says:

Cool.

Makes him look like a fool (Schumer).

In the bigger picture, I know the Governor and Mayor do not like Trump, but at least they are trying to work together. Schumer is just playing a clown.

Folks just do not get it. Trump is the starting QB. And this is a big game. Love him, hate him, that’s on the individual. He is not perfect, he should shut up more and he has made mistakes. That’s a given. But people need to figure out that we need him to win the game. So you fucking support the effort. You do not have to support him, but you damn well better support the effort.

Some of these folks just do not get it.
          And its the same ones crying about him that will be first in line to get their handouts.

Trump is also walking a fine line and balancing act between federal overreach/preemption and states rights. Now keep in mind many of the people complaining are the same ones that hate the government but yet now want it to supersede states rights.

When all of this shakes out, I have an odd feeling that many folks (middle and middle left) are going to grow tired of the incessant whining and bitching of the far left few and will simply either tune them out or offer them a hearty handshake and a warm cup of soup.

These are different times and behaviors will shape our national and collective identity. Tough decisions will have to be made (they already are) and people better get with the program. If not, they will be left behind in the aftermath.

• Outcast says:

Wait a few days and some of those dearly needed supplies will show up somewhere on the black market after all we know the history of past politicians from there. California is also to be suspect.

20. thebesig says:

Travel company that arranged spring break trip sued for downplaying coronavirus. Some of the spring breakers came back testing positive, despite the company telling one of the callers about the “safeness” of their destinations:

21. Sparks says:

Well heck, I missed formation. I’ll report to the OD for my extra duty.

• Dennis - not chevy says:

Latrine detail was the extra duty for missing or being late for morning formation in my unit at Kim Hae IAP. The First Sergeant got mad when no one showed up late because then he had to go out and find voluntolds.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

REPORT TO the CQ Desk at 0630 on Saturday Morning for Police Call and the removal of dandelions and daisies from the PT Field!!

22. Combat Historian says:

The Free Chinese on Taiwan just donated ten million respiratory masks to the USA and E.U., and unlike the chicom defective garbage that was sold at extravagant prices to the Europeans, I’m sure these masks from the good folks of Free China will ACTUALLY WORK…

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I had two Chinese roommates when I was in college, one was Taiwanese, the other from commie China. The Commie China roommate was SO indoctrinated it wasn’t even funny, he would recite the propaganda he was fed to him and refused to believe otherwise when I proved him wrong. The Taiwanese roommate and I got along fine, he just couldn’t wait to graduate and make his first million dollars!

• Graybeard says:

Free China are nice folks. I’ve known a few and worked with several.

23. Green Thumb says:

Maybe in this time of uncertainty, All-Points Logistics could help some folks out.

Considering the experiences of the False Commander “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics) and his issues associated with his fake Native American, Nave SEAL and Law Enforcement claims,he could help folks pass the time.

Much like Total Recall, where Quade was a able to go to Mars without going to Mars (still trying to figure that plot out), Phildo and the boys at All-Points Logistic could develop some technology that could let you be something that you are not. I mean, a lot of people are bored and idle time on the hands of idle minds can equal prison time.

Based off of Phildo’s experiences, if you wanted to be a SEAL, you could get an implant and be a SEAL for a day and keep the memories! Or a Native American! Or an LEO! Unlike Phildo where you have to fake it, you could just get the implant and Poof! There you are!

You could even tailor it be an action hero (unlike Phildo), an athlete (unlike Phildo) or a notorious and known criminal like The False Commander “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics)(much like Phildo) or work in Venusville (much like Phildo). That way there are no divorcees, no Poser Disposers, no one calling you out, no phone calls to avoid, no reputations to repair, no Paul-mer (of the ballsack), no lawsuits and no collection agencies!

Think about the possibilities!

• Roh-Dog says:

That stop motion fx stuff is still amazing after all these year.
      And thanks GT, adding that to the ‘show the millennial gf the classics/quarantine movie list!

24. Jim says:

When the world finally returns to a state of semi-normalcy, I wonder if states/localities will tighten up rules regarding the people that bring so called emotional support animals into public places, especially grocery stores. I have no problem with the actual seeing eye dog in a store, that is for certain a valid duty for those dogs. But when you see these teapot sized dogs in a shopping cart (spreading germs), backpack, etc. it leads me to think that our society has gotten way too soft in allowing these animals in public spaces. If we must remain 6 feet from our fellow man in a grocery store, I think these non-seeing eye dogs must stay outside. I understand this is also a problem on airliners, but I’ve not experienced that myself.

25. OWB says:

Do we need to do something special for the truck drivers of this country? Have heard several interviewed with what appear to be valid concerns, not whiny irrelevant stuff. Like finding food. And places to make a pit stop.

How tough would it be to open rest areas to truckers? Maybe even let local vendors and/or groups provide food for them?

Seems like we should do everything we can to see that the shipping lines remain open and working efficiently. Ya know, so, like all those hospitals can get the equipment and supplies that they need.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

IN my AO, a small school district opened up the local high school as a truck stop – truckers can get a few hours sleep, shower and something to eat. It’s staffed by school district volunteers and members of the local community.

• OWB says:

That’s a great initiative. Looks like we may need much more of it. Maybe those with a big truck stop/fuel stop near them could check into the possibilities in their neighborhoods? (Saying it that way because truckers are already programmed to look for breaks, fuel, and food near those big truck stops. And because smaller communities would have more difficulty accommodating an sudden influx of big rigs.)

• Green Thumb says:

Cool.

• Mason says:

That’s an awesome idea.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I used to do that for a living myself, and even though I loved being on the open road, I got taken advantage of more than a few times, I’ve also heard war stories of some big chain Truck Stops charging Drivers $25+ for a soup and a sandwich.

26. marinedad61 says:

A local “constitutional conservative” (a PA Oath Keeper)
    typed up a Facebook post, which spread around my area of Pennsylvania 2 days ago.
    Some very nice (and educated) folks shared it like gospel, without verifying.

(paste)
    JUST REMEMBER POLICE, AND NATIONAL GUARD,
    YOU ALL TOOK AN OATH TO UPHOLD
    THE CONSTITUTION OF THE USA
    NOT ORDERS OF A GOVERNOR.
    (end paste)

This is obviously a LIE, since someone quickly found a source:

§ 2303. Oath of commissioned and warrant officers. >>
    All commissioned officers and warrant officers shall take the following oath:
    “I,………, do solemnly swear or affirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and of the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; that I make this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office of………………………..in the National Guard of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania upon which I am about to enter, so help me God.”

Does it seem pathetic, that folks who talk about oaths,
    and call themselves “Oath Keepers”,
    LIE about an oath,
    to create a disobedience / insurrection narrative
    against a Governor they hate?
    Worse, that other Oath Keepers, and some respected local citizens,
    fall for this crap, by clicking Like, and SHARING IT further?
    Ugh.

27. marinedad61 says:

GOOD NEWS on the Military Phony politics & election front…

In the March 28 GOP primary for County Commissioner
    of Douglas County, Colorado,

Bronze Star veteran Clint Dorris
    beat Desert Storm TIMES (Germany) veteran George Teal.

95% voter turnout.
    Clint Dorris 234 (66.5%)
    George Teal 118 (33.5%)

• marinedad61 says:

George Teal was campaigning as a “Desert Storm Veteran”,
      and touting his membership in the VFW.

(He was shown to have NO campaign medals or other VFW eligibility.)
      It was ugly at times,
      Teal never came clean publicly,
      Dorris took the high road,
      and truth persevered.

Kudos to the voters of Douglas County, CO.

28. Claw says:

Has anybody out there heard anything about a DOD-Wide Stop-Loss?

Just a guess on my part, but I’m thinking right now the FNG system (Recruiting/MEPS/Basic/Advanced Training/ship to unit) is at a standstill.

Might be a subject for discussion.