Texas Rangers investigating Jowers and Foley

| February 20, 2020

Callahan County Sheriff Terry Joy said “(Chief Deputy) Rick Jowers will not be returning as an employee of the Callahan County Sheriff’s Office. ” Jowers and his opponent in the sheriff’s race,Leroy Foley, have been under fire for nearly two weeks for allegedly misleading the public about their military service record.Jowers is technically still employed by the County. But, he’s sitting at home, collecting a check for vacation and holiday pay. His County vehicle has been taken away and remains in the parking lot.

Callahan County District Attorney Shane Deel said told KTXS that both Foley’s and Jower’s cases are being “reviewed for possible dismissal.”

One of Jower’s cases has already been dismissed.

The DA’s office also told KTXS the Texas Rangers have begun an investigation into both men involving their military service record claims.

Jowers said Tuesday he would not accept the Republican nomination if he wins the primary. The Callahan County Republican Party Chairman said Foley has now sad the same thing.

The Republican Party will have to nominate a replacement candidate after June 15.

Source: Callahan County Sheriff says Chief Deputy will no longer work for the sheriff’s office | KTXS

Category: Army Poser, Valor Vultures

1. Comm Center Rat says:

In the Eyes of a Ranger, the unsuspecting stranger
    Had better know the truth of wrong from right.
    ‘Cause the rule of law and order starts at the Texas border,
    With the Lone Star of the Ranger shining bright.

(Chorus) For the Eyes of a Ranger are upon you;
    Any wrong you do, he’s gonna see.
    When you’re in Texas, look behind you,
    For that’s where the Ranger’s gonna be.

~ Walker, Texas Ranger song

Well they wanted to be Airborne Rangers and it looks like the Rangers are gonna make them go air borne by kicking their asses to the curb.

Here’s hoping that the lying, embellishing POSes Rick Jowers and Leroy Foley gets them some nice new digs at the State Pen.

Bwaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Ret_25X says:

well…”self perpeled airhorn rangers”, actually…

I LOL every time I think about “self perpeled”….

3. FuzeVT says:

Lying about your service is one thing on Facebook or in a bar. I mean, when you’re ugly broke and stupid, being parachuting out of submarines as a super secret recon sniper may be your best bet. When you are doing it so publicly – especially when running for office – IT’S GOING TO COME OUT!!

You know how I never worried about getting in trouble for criminal, unethical or adulterous activity while in the Marine Corps? BY NOT DOING THOSE THINGS!! [Getting in trouble because I said some politically incorrect thing because of my outspoken conservative nature – that was a thing I did worry about.]

It’s so easy NOT to do something. Folks, just stop saying what you’re not. . . Lots of people manage to do it every day.

4. Daisy Cutter says:

“His County vehicle has been taken away and remains in the parking lot.”

I’m not a Texan, but I imagine this is like taking away a man’s horse.

I guess he could ride around on a golf cart, scooter, or bicycle, but they probably won’t let him have those as well.

• sj says:

He could borrow Heavy Chevy’s tricked out Mall Guard car.

• Daisy Cutter says:

Jowers was spotted outside the local Walmart. He was ordered to dismount his steed… he agreed but only as soon as the quarters run out.

A metaphor for what is really happening.

• Comm Center Rat says:

I want the Texas Rangers to “persuade” Ricky Jowers to admit verbally and in writing he was a “Deserter” and didn’t leave the Army early because his “Dad was sick.” If he does that, maybe the good citizens of Callahan County will give him some quarters so he can again ride the horsey at Walmart.

• Ret_25X says:

The image of “Red Hot Rider” from the Bugs Bunny cartoon comes to mind….

“I’ma ridin side saddle! well, I am”….

• Hack Stone says:

If Hack Stone disgraced the family name by deserting, Poppa Stone would be sick, too. Actually, he would be injured, because he would have broken his foot when he kicked it up Hack’s ass.

• Hack Stone says:

Word on the street is that Daniel Bernath’s bicycle is available. Seems as if it hasn’t been used for over two years. Jowers may want to get his own helmet, though, because if he uses Bernath’s, the liver spot stains may transfer.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Jowers AND Foley might be able to seek employment with a certain Woman-owned outfit selling Red Hat Software to the ‘Gummint……

• The Stranger says:

Or George Jones’ infamous John Deere lawn tractor.

• Hack Stone says:

Word on the street is that All Points Logistics has extended offers to hire to Jowers and Foley. Their primary responsibility will to provide tips to Phil Monkress on how to beat his next DUI charge.

• Daisy Cutter says:

He wants to sound noble and honorable by getting out in front of something that was about to happen anyway.

5. Club Manager, USA ret. says:

These events illustrate the service Military Phonies and This Ain’t Hell volunteers provide to our brother and sister hood. Sierra Hotel to all and “Continue to March”.

• PTBH says:

There have been a lot of email and Facebook “thank you”s from the residents of Callahan County.

The residents of Callahan County are to be commended for their efforts as well. This entire thing may have been swept under the rug had they not put on such public pressure.

• marinedad61 says:

True that, PTBH.

2 phony chAirborne Rangers being investigated by Texas Rangers.
        As Bugs Bunny would say: “Eye row knee.”

6. Keepin' It Real says:

Bragging to your friends, family and at the local bar is like skiing on the Bunny slope.

Using those lies to run for Sheriff is like going straight from the Bunny slope to the Triple Black Diamond slope.

7. Mustang Major says:

Foley and Jowers telling their BS to others only showed the contempt they held for others around them that took these men(?) at their word.

When the dust settles on this episode of their lives, they are free to resume their string of divorces, financial problems, and problematic relations with those that still remain close to them. I hope they can change the course of their lives and understand that they brought this on theirselves and find the courage to change their ways.

• Ret_25X says:

sure….obviously they are mature and introspective enough to internalize the causation and seek self correction.

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA……

oh suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they will!

You know as well as I do that they have already talked to lawers about suing TAH and MP.

I mean, c’mon, malingerers like these two hit rock bottom and start scraping…

• Mustang Major says:

You need money to sue.

• Poetrooper says:

Not much, if you can find a greedy sleazebag lawer…a not too difficult task.

• Hack Stone says:

Well, there is one less sleazy “lawer” in the world as of two years ago. If Daniel Bernath was still with us today, you just know that he would sponsor these two for membership in The Dutch Rudder Gang (Group?).

• The Stranger says:

But, for the low, low rate of $20 an hour, he could avail himself of the expert legal services of the incomparable Forgin’ Frank Visconi! Oh wait, he may be busy working on his nephew’s appeal. Never mind.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

TAH has been sued in times past and to my knowledge EVERYONE that has done so failed miserably.

Fuck those two!

8. Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

As others have stated we all might have a story or two that have grown a little over time…

In the spirit of that reality I will tell you that I have lied about my time in the military, and I’m not proud of it.

I tell a story that while at Fort Benning I remember a weekend off and waking up in Atlanta next to this really cute young, fit blonde woman and not remembering how we both ended up naked together…

The reality is that she might have been a brunette, in her late 30s / early 40s (I was 20 at the time) and she may have been a little on the “thick” side…(not a chubber, but not athletically thin either…) and the truth of it was she was a lot of fun and a wonderful woman…but she was old enough to be my mom, so that was a little weird…

Glad that’s finally out there in the open….

• Combat Historian says:

Damn, VOV, you had a hell of a lot more fun at Benning OSUT than I ever did…

• Roh-Dog says:

That sound like she was actually: 50ish, 300 lbs, missing a leg and really liked stickers.
      That my friends is standard last call fare in Infantry circles.
      -tips hat-

• Comm Center Rat says:

VOV I always wanted a “Mrs. Robinson” type encounter, but it never happened for this POG. I’m impressed and a bit jealous, but pleased to know a young Soldier tasted the sweetness of a Georgia peach.

• SFC D says:

Let he who has committed no sin cast the first stone…

VOV, what you described was pretty much what was once referred to as “Inprocessing Dillon’s” in the 90’s. Huachuca troops know what I’m saying…

• 26Limabeans says:

you got my vote with that story.

• Skyjumper says:

Reminds me of a Ft. Knox story.

One day a number of us went to the Rocker Inn (affectionately know as “Hog Heaven” also known as the home of the “Buff-arillas”…big as buffalo and ugly as a gorilla) for a couple of after duty beverages. One of our guys went up to the bar to order a round when a woman (meeting the above description) parked herself alongside our buddy and stated to him “My name is Betty, I work in Finance and I’m going to take you home”. The “help me look” look as he turned around and stared at us was priceless!

• Ret_25X says:

Everyone goes hoggin once in their life!

LOLz

Have never gone to sleep with a fugly woman…did wake up with a few. There was one in particular that was so fugly, that in order to slip out of bed without waking her up I had to…well…you know. That’s how I got the call sign of lefty. Alcohol may have been involved.

• The Stranger says:

Yep, went to bed at 2 with a 10. Woke up at 10 with a 2. I think that was an old country song.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I may or may not have done the same. Alcohol WAS involved and I still swear that I woke up on the floor of an apartment next to a beached whale but instead of calling Greenpeace to haul the carcass back in the ocean I snuck out!

• Skyjumper says:

API, after reading your post, the words “Thar she blows” suddenly hit my brain. Damn near did a spit-take all over my keyboard.(grin)

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Like Mopeds, they’re fun to ride until a Buddy sees you on one!

• ChipNASA says:

So, in plain English, what you’re basically telling us is, that you, fabricated some of your exploits of derring-do to impress an individual of the opposite sex for explicit reasons of which, was to try to get some stank on your hang down?

You and what Army??

• Poetrooper says:

C’mon, VOV, you’re not confessing–by Benning standards, you’re bragging…

• Veritas Omnia Vincit says:

Poe you made me laugh out loud, my colleagues think I’m a loon already…now I’m laughing randomly at work…

9. ninja says:

So…….

Am wondering if Ole Ricky and Ole Leroy turned in their uniforms and weapons before they left.

This guy did.

😎😉

“Ousted New Hampshire Police Chief Heads Home In Underwear After Turning In Guns and Uniform”:

“A New Hampshire police chief stripped down to his underwear and walked into a snowstorm after being stripped of his duties at a local board meeting Tuesday night.”

“Richard Lee was the police chief for nearly 20 years until a three-member selectboard voted to rely solely on coverage from the New Hampshire State Police during the meeting. He worked part-time as the only member of the department — which covers the town of Croydon’s roughly 700 residents.”

“He was told to immediately turn in his guns and uniform as well as the keys to his police cruiser, so Lee took off his gear before the board chairman.”

“I gave them my uniform shirt. I gave them my turtleneck, I gave them my ballistic vest. … I sat down in the chair, took off my boots, took off my pants, put those in the chair, and put my boots back on, and walked out the door,” Lee said.”

• Comm Center Rat says:

Sounds like he’s appropriately named: Richard Lee AKA Dickly.

Police Chief of a one member department?

I bet the 700 residents of Croydon, NH are shaking in their winter boots at the thought of not having an old, part-time LEO on the public dole to “serve and protect.”

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Well, they did say to turn it in immediately. I’d say the almost streaking he did would be on the 3 selectboard members. Without knowing more of the details, I kinda sorta think it’s funny as hell.

• Hack Stone says:

Was he wearing clean underwear?

• NHSparky says:

He made a little more of it than he should. Staties handled most of the calls in the area anyway.

10. Green Thumb says:

Turds.

11. Is Ranger Jayce Pearson in on the case??

• BruteLarson407 says:

Not sure, but I think Frank Hamer is in on it. They’re trying to figure out some way to get both jackasses in the same vehicle so they can ‘raise the BAR,’with respect to Texas LE. I can’t think of too many LE outfits I’d hate having on my ass more than the Texas Rangers.

• The Stranger says:

Since you brought up Hamer, here’s a music video with the storyline set in that era. I happen to like the song so it’s my opinion that this is one of the best music videos ever made:

• BruteLarson407 says:

Load-N-Lock Ness? Pretty good, can’t believe he’s still at it! He’s damned near as old as me! Mrs. Larson becomes displeased when I crank that kind of music at home. 30+ years you’d think she’d be acclimated. Thanks!

12. RGR 4-78 says:

I feel for the Texas Rangers who have to muck out the stalls of these two horses asses.

I wonder how many more of their cases will be dismissed? IMHO assholes like those two are an Appeals Attorney’s wet dream come true, I guess we’ll see who Bubba County chooses for their next Sheriff!

• Mason says:

I’d wager every active case they worked alone will be summarily dismissed. Cases they were involved in with others will get a closer look.

Once a cop is found to be a known liar (by the department and/or the district attorney) they are poison. That history of lying needs to be disclosed to the defense and can be brought up at trial. Since it basically impeaches the witness, DAs won’t bring any case with a tainted officer.

Anybody still serving time on a case from these two will easily appeal. Whether they’re successful or not will be a big question.

• NHSparky says:

Dunno about other states, but NH keeps a list of cops with trust/credibility issues (called Laurie List, IIRC).

Only problem is, that list cannot be released to the public. Folks here are trying to change that, but as you can imagine it’s facing heavy opposition.

14. Mason says:

These guys were cock of the walk in their little part of the world. Big fish in a small pond. Then they had to go and lie about their military time. In Texas. A state known for not taking to those who are untruthful and one that’s an enormous supporter of the military. My how quickly one can fall from grace. Not only are these guys known seen as the lying sacks of shit they are (and in a small town everyone knows them), but they have no job and their future job prospects are bleak.

• Comm Center Rat says:

You’re right Mason. And Leroy still owes back child support. In some states an absconder can’t renew his driver’s license if in arrears on child support. Not being able to drive can make it even tougher to work. Not sure of the law in Texas.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

It’s been said that in many States it’s easier to get your Drivers License back after a DUI than after it’s been suspended for nonpayment of Child Support!

• BruteLarson407 says:

How can someone today still think they can get away with bullshit like this, especially sticking their neck out running for office? You have to know that every peccadillo anyone has ever seen is coming back to bite you in the ass. I just don’t get it.

Off topic, why is your handle, and some others sorta lighter shaded on my screen and clickable(I haven’t clicked)?

• Mason says:

When you post a comment if you put a website in below the e-mail it makes your username a link to that.

Mine is totally SFW. It’s basically just the Valor Friday articles curated in a blog. There is some stuff that hasn’t made TAH. I do need to update it though. I’ve got like 10 articles sitting waiting for me to load them over there.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I wouldn’t hire either one to even be a shopping mall Security Guard!

• The Stranger says:

Ok, if the choice was between either of these two clowns and Cheeseslayer to guard your shopping mall, who would you choose?

• Animal says:

And May is about as small as they get. I grew up on a peanut farm in May until I was in 7th grade. We played 6 man football because there were so few kids in the school. When I started 1st grade there were me, a girl and another boy. 5 kids had been added to the class before we moved in 7th grade. May hasn’t grown any since then.

15. C2Show says:

You guys are not lying…there are some interesting people defending Jowers in Callahan County. Surprisingly, few going on that callahan county fb page and openly trying to defend him with weird stance. Claiming that others are lying aobut Jowers.

No use of reasoning with them because they seem to be delusional and seem to lack an understanding about how integrity and honor works.

• Daisy Cutter says:

It is the “we should give him the benefit of the doubt” crowd. It is a completely risk-free political position and one that requires no backbone. There are those that see themselves in a morally superior position and like to claim that this or that person has suffered enough. Their judgement supposedly overrides everyone else’s.

• C2Show says:

Well said Daisy Cutter. Thatsbhowntheybare acting and some are seeing “beat a dead horse” or “who am I to judge”, when they are doing that. Like bunch of country bumpkins drinking the koolaid and refusing to see what their buddy did was wrong.

Worse part is its family members leaving breadcrumbs that link to their cousins who are listing same damn thing.

• Mustang Major says:

If Jowers owed you money, you would want to see him remain employed.

• Comm Center Rat says:

True enough, but I don’t want Ricky carrying a gun and a badge acting under “color of authority.”

16. Comm Center Rat says:

Paul Blart, President of the Mall Security Officers Association of North America (MSOANA) is aware of the resignations and fraudulent military histories of Ricky and Leroy. Officer Blart reassured his membership and mall owners/operators that neither of these disgraced LEOs will ever find employment in retail tactical security.

17. ArmyATC says:

Gecko45 is looking to hire those two clowns for one of his mall tactical security teams.

18. Skippy says:

How embarrassing what a mess
    Well house cleaning is now in progress
    They both should move to Vegas
    The casinos are definitely looking for two
    Clowns like these for convention security jobs
    They can tell everyone about there exploits
    Playing real life Call of booty

19. Claw says:

PSA for both Foley and Jowers:

Since you’re both now out of a job and will probably have to re-locate, there’s this outfit in Memphis, TN. that should be just right up your alley. It’s called the Ambassador Worldwide Protection Agency (National and International). Word is they pay minimum wage and never, ever, do any background checks prior to employment. When Kristi answers the phone, just ask for Turd Bolling and he’ll fix you two up with the job of a lifetime.

Good Luck!!/smile

• Green Thumb says:

Turd Bolling and Company!

I wonder if Kristi is still with his fat ass.

• Green Thumb says:

And if that doesn’t work (who knows…Turd Bolling maybe has adopted some standards?) there is always All-Points Logistics!

• Hack Stone says:

What about Prudential Associates in Rockville Maryland? Jared Stern May need someone to hold the Gator-Ade bottle while he pees. Hack doesn’t want to know what he does when he needs to drop a deuce while on stakeout.

• Green Thumb says:

Oddly enough, I have met a dude named Jared Stone in my neck of these woods.

He was a loser as well.

20. Claw says:

Just a heads-up for the admins/ninjas:

Went Google-Fooing a bit ago and found a article in the Big Country Homepage News from yesterday that says a Deputy Sheriff (SGT William Griffin) from Taylor County is going to throw his hat into the ring for the Callahan County Sheriff’s election.

The best part is that SGT Griffin has already posted a copy of his DD214 (Navy, Torpedoman 3, 94-98) to his personal FB page.

So maybe there is breath of fresh air on the horizon for the good folks in Texas.

21. Green Thumb says:

Any updates on these losers?

• Hack Stone says:

Last anyone saw of them, they were heading east towards Merritt Island Florida for some reason.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

There’s some Security outfit in Memphis that might want their services.

• Green Thumb says:

Phildo might have a hard time choosing between the two.

Not for sex, per se (though possible), who gets to be in charge on the night shift.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

They could be Adventure guides at The Stunning Agency as well, they could take to that like a flaming squirrel being hurled skyward!

• Green Thumb says:

Between these two Bullshit Artists, I always wonders if they both knew (or one) that the other was full of shit.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

They could also join the team at FirsTech and try to sell outdated software to the US Government!

They may be needed to guard the towels at Brucie’s Bath House (Entrance in the rear) You know how those Fluffer Boiz can be.