Weekend Open Thread

| December 13, 2019

Mother Nature and Greta. Mother Nature has been known to release snow over an area with a global warming conference or hearing. (Branco/creators.com/legalinsurrection.com)

We should be worried more about the fact that the planet is showing signs that it’s at the beginning of a mini ice age. The initiatives that they’re pushing “to fight climate change” would actually handicap us where it matters… Producing the energy needed to keep warm and to power our civilization as we transition into another extended solar minimum.

Enjoy your weekend.

Category: Open thread

1. ChipNASA says:

FIRST!!
    Eat Me Bitches!!

• ChipNASA says:

BBBWWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*middle finger*

• Hack Stone says:

Damn your eyes!

Someone already did.

My head is bloody but unbowed. My crown to the Chipster.

I wanna see the nano second count.

• ChipNASA says:

How I managed to get *two* in before the rest of you within 60 seconds? Fuck, You got me?!?!
        I will rule with fairness and faithfulness.

FUCK NANCY PELOSI!!!!

Some of you may get this….I was tryin’ to class the joint up a bit.
        (If admins want to put it here, I will bow to them….rather than just the linky)

• Wilted Willy says:

Great job Chip! We bow down to your servitude for the entire week! We await your command??

• Graybeard says:

The KoB has been (temporarily) de-throned from the TAH WOT Firstdom.

Congrats ChipNASA

• Commissioner Wretched says:

Congrats, Chip!

• Hack Stone says:

Hack Stone would have been first to post on the Weekend Open Thread, but yet again, he was on a sales call with a government procurement official to close the deal on some Y3K software. Unfortunately, Hack can’t close the deal unless he can arrange for Elaine Ricci or whoever is the President this week of the proud but humble woman owned business that sells software to the federal government to have dinner with him. Hack thinks the guy is looking for some squid pro quo, trying to arrange some colluding on the side. Sales may be down this year at the proud but humble woman owned business this year, but the blood alcohol content of senior executives is off the charts.

1st

• Thunderstixx says:

Oops…..
      You could try the Green Bay Packers method of Super Bowl results.
      Unless the Green Bay Packers are playing, the Super Bowl isn’t an official game.

Go Packers ya bunch of cheese and rice youse guys.

One of the lads I’ve mentored over the last few years, his Mama is a former Packers Cheerleader. And a very well preserved late 40s something she is. Long and lean, every old man’s dream, she still turns every head in town. (apologies to the Possum)

• Thunderstixx says:

So…..
          Was she a Holstein or a Guernsey ????
          They have some great looking snow cows up there, the great thing about having cows for cheerleaders is you can make burgers out of them after the season is over !!!

First!

• Roh-Dog says:

Dang it! Hats-doffed to my besters!
      Go Army, BEAT Navy!
      Have a GREAT weekend yall!
      (…Even you Sailors…)

4. Hack Stone says:

Hack Stone claims first.

5. Devtun says:

A couple interesting tidbits. Have a great Air Force weekend y’all.

The senior enlisted advisor to the chairman gets a new stripe design…

Army LTG loses a star for plagiarism while a LTC at the Army War College…

• SFC D says:

Did the “First SEAC” approve that design? Or will he take credit for it? The world wonders…

• ninja says:

Paging Claw about the First SEAC.

😉😎

Go Army. Beat Navy.

🐎🏈🐐

Army has long had a Sergeant Major. Hawkeye created a Corporal Captain, so I reckon that the Wing Wipers can make a Sergeant Colonel. yes? no? maybe? What if a squidly swabbie, stumbling by in a drunken stupor after drowning his sorrows over the loss of Navy to Army, spotted this rank insignia and think it was a MCPO Captain?

And the dumbass 3 Star? Looks like Piggee was a poggee that stepped on his peepee. His infraction occurred nearly 20 years ago. To me that would be the last rank that he served honorably in. His entire service since then is in question…now. And his bright idea of going 30 days between resupply? How’d that work out at the Alamo…or Vicksburg?

• Devtun says:

Oh yeah, CSM Troxell hands over the SEAC job today to a legendary combat decorated Air Force PJ – CCM Ramon Colon-Lopez. This dude was in the thick of it in the mountains of A’stan.

• Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

That eagle in the middle of the chevrons looks like a crow. I thought I was looking at a gussied up Navy rank.

6. SFC D says:

Present! Best finish in weeks!

7. ChipNASA says:

Wow, 4 at exactly 2:00.

I RULE THE HALL!!!!

8. ninja says:

The US Army is FIRST.

GO ARMY. BEAT NAVY.

*starting a go fund me page for all those poor female sailors who don’t want rank in the middle of their uniform because others will be looking at their breasts*

🐎🏈🐐

• Graybeard says:

Female sailors have breasts?

• ninja says:

Graybeard:

That.Was.GREAT!

😆🤣😂😅

And the last time I checked, so do the Male Swabbies.

I think. Maybe they have Chests?

Chickens have Breasts. They don’t have Chests.

Ask Colonel Sanders. He’s been frying up Chicken Breasts for a long, long time.

😉😎

Go Army. Beat Navy.

🐎🏈🐐

• NHSparky says:

There might have been a few….

• David says:

Except for the female chiefs, who were upset that the insignia is placed far HIGHER than their current breasts…

9. ninja says:

Congrats to ChipNASA.

KoB is preparing CLASS 1 for this Saturday’s Game.

The one where Army will beat Navy.

Sometimes I just love irritating my Navy Buddies.

🐎🏈🐐

• The Stranger says:

Class 1?
      Wrong answer. He should be laying in Class 6!
      Priorities of work, people!🍺🥃🍸

Gots plenty of both laid in Pappy. Made a post in re of that on the Thursdays are for cooking post yesterday. Short recap:

Two (2) porked orasted beasts, one (1) for smoking along with yard bird wings, and one (1) in the crocked pot for pulled porked beast sammiches.

Bacon wrapped beef beast lil smokies in a crescent roll blanket baked in the pig form muffin pan. Added a crocked pot of chilli and some sharp cheddar cheese dip.

Coupla jugs of wine for the Ladies, case of Yuenglings on ice, and there’s some Crown and Hennesey. No telling what else may show up.

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY

10. Graybeard says:

Well, top 20, anyway.

This week I re-joined the ranks of the unemployed (although I still get my pension).

Hoping everyone gets through the holiday blues. I find that a hug from a child/grandchild helps a lot with the stressed of adulthood.

Hoping you all have a great weekend. It’s beautiful in the GB Compound AO, and yesterday I saw 5 buck squirrels in one tree after a doe squirrel. But for the fact that they were on my neighbor’s property and other safety concerns, I’d be cooking squirrel again. May still get out in the woods for a jaunt later.

God bless you all.

• Graybeard says:

Oh, yeah.

Go Army beat navy!

• ninja says:

Thank You, Graybeard.

You are correct about the little things in life that keeps us going, i.e. a hug from a child/grandchild.

Best Gift In The World.

Also, Furbabies provide the same comfort.

And Army beating Navy provides comfort as well.

Black Knights RULE.

11. Commissioner Wretched says:

Well, mired as far back in the pack as I am, I’ll just deposit this week’s trivia here for all the ‘Weeds and ‘Weedettes to enjoy, and I hope you do!

DID YOU KNOW…?
    Did inventor Nikola Tesla once skip out on a hotel bill by paying it with a practical joke?
    By Commissioner Wretched

Do you realize that in just two short weeks, it will be winter?

Yeah, neither did I.

To tell you the truth, after the heat we endured during the summer, I’m more than ready to welcome the season of short cool days and long cold nights.

Anything to keep my air conditioner from working overtime, as it did last summer.

The approaching winter solstice will be the shortest day of the year, in terms of sunlight; after that, the sun will rise a few minutes earlier and set a few minutes later each day, in the ongoing precession of the Earth around the Sun.

(Gee, when you think about it that way, it’s all so cold and scientific, isn’t it?)

Anyway, here’s something that will keep you warm and comfortable, no matter the weather – this week’s trivia!

Did you know …

… nearly 50% of the world’s scientists are working on military projects? (And the other half are jealous.)

… it is against the law in Nebraska for bar owners to sell beer unless they are brewing a kettle of soup at the same time? (If it’s good soup, then there’s no problem, right?)

… Americans spend more on cat food each year than they do on baby food? (For me, it makes sense – I have a cat. I don’t have a baby.)

… the most often-used line in movies and television is, “Let’s get out of here”?

… you may be suffering from nomophobia? If you are, you have an irrational fear of being separated from your cell phone. (I guess you’re worried that you won’t have it “no mo.”)

… it is illegal to capture rain water for personal use in Colorado? According to state law, rain water belongs to the state. (I’m just going to leave this one here. Draw your own conclusions.)

… in 1880, there were more than 2 billion passenger pigeons in the United States? Just 34 short years later, in 1914, the last passenger pigeon (a female named Martha) died in the Cincinnati Zoo. The bird became extinct through the direct action of humans.

… in Denmark, it is illegal to burn the flag of any nation except one? The sole exception to the flag burning prohibition is, surprisingly, the flag of Denmark. (I’m not sure exactly what they’re trying to say here, though.)

… the popular alcoholic drink, the Mai Tai, was created in 1945? The cocktail, made of rum, Curaçao liqueur, orgeat syrup and lime juice, was created by Victor J. Bergeron (1902-1984) at his Trader Vic’s restaurant in Los Angeles. It got its name when two people from Tahiti tried it at the bar, and they exclaimed, “Maitia roa ea!” If you don’t speak Tahitian (neither do I), the phrase means, “Out of this world! The best!”

… inventor Nikola Tesla once skipped out on a hotel bill by offering a death ray instead? Tesla (1856-1943) was, like most inventors, very brilliant – and very poor. Tesla once stayed at the Governor Clinton Hotel in Manhattan. Unable to pay his $10,000 bill with money, Tesla gave the management one of his “priceless” inventions. Calling it a “death beam” rather than a “death ray,” he warned them to never open the box, as it would detonate and kill everyone within a set radius unless specific instructions were followed. Following Tesla’s death in 1943, a friend went to the Governor Clinton Hotel to retrieve the “death beam.” Opening the box, he discovered it was full of electrical junk that did absolutely nothing. (See, folks, that’s brilliance right there. Now you know why they name a car after this guy.)

… having smallpox scars once helped you get a job? Before the smallpox vaccine was developed, employers were worried that their workers would contract the often-fatal disease. By having smallpox scars visible when you applied, it assured the employer that you’d already had the disease, survived it, and were now immune to further infection. (Well, not only that, but if you survived the disease you deserve the job!)

… guns will fire in space? Every school child knows that in order to burn, a fire must have oxygen, and there’s no oxygen – or any other kind of air – in space. But bullets contain their own oxidizer, a chemical which acts in the place of oxygen in the cartridge. Thus, the gunpowder can and does fire when the firing pin meets the primer, causing the gun to fire, air or no. (What they don’t do in space, is go “bang!” No air to carry the sound, you know.)

… the Battle of Hastings in 1066 did not take place at Hastings? The battle, which saw William the Conqueror (1028-1087) defeat King Harold of England (1022-1066) and become the first Norman king of England, actually took place about seven miles away from Hastings. The town there is now called Battle. (Appropriate, isn’t it?)

… no polar bear in the wild has ever eaten a penguin? Not because they don’t like them, of course. Polar bears like anything made of meat. But polar bears live in the northern hemisphere, and penguins live in the southern hemisphere. Being at opposite ends of the Earth, they never meet. (I understand that the penguins are incredibly happy about that, too.)

… chocolate milk does not come from brown cows? I know, “Duh,” right? But at least 7% of American adults believe that chocolate milk does, in fact, come from brown cows. And seven percent of adults in the U.S. totals out to be about 16 million people. (And a lot of them vote. Think about that.)

Now … you know!

• Roh-Dog says:

Any ‘lawer’ wanna take my case against the estate of Victor J. Bergeron?
      I’m not saying I got in trouble for skinny dipping at the Hale Koa but a female friend of mine, who didn’t understand how to escape and evade, may have.
      Insofar as I know, Mai Tai is Tahitian for ‘sugary heaven beverage makes you do bad sh*t’

• ninja says:

You left out that Army will beat Navy.

😉😎🐎🏈🐐

And this part?

“You may be suffering from nomophobia? If you are, you have an irrational fear of being separated from your cell phone.”

Probably pertains to those Sailors complaning about wearing Rank in the middle of their Uniform.

Can you tell that I am fed up with some of the thinking of these young people?

So scary that some of them may have to engage in combat.

• ninja says:

“chocolate milk does not come from brown cows? I know, “Duh,” right? But at least 7% of American adults believe that chocolate milk does, in fact, come from brown cows.”

Makes you wonder about their parents or their parent’s parents in what they were taught.

How does one explain Strawberry Milk? From Pink Cows?

Go Army. Beat Navy.

• Hack Stone says:

Nestle Strawberry Quick. Probably had the highest concentration of sugar of any product marketed to kids in the 1960’s, and that’s saying a lot.

• Commissioner Wretched says:

Never tried it. I’m allergic to strawberries. Now regular Quick, that stuff I loved – and still do!

• The Stranger says:

You should be OK since the closest a strawberry gets to strawberry Quick is possibly the fresh fruit aisle in the grocery store what with the artificial color and flavor used by Nestle. I couldn’t drink that flavor due to an allergy to the artificial colors and flavor.

• aGrimm says:

The reason the Army uses artificial turf – so their cheer leaders won’t graze during the game. The pink cows reference brought this to mind.

Go Navy! (I have to wonder if something is wrong with me. When enlisted, I constantly evoked the FTN epithet. Now it is Go Navy.)

• Roh-Dog says:

Its possible to miss a abusive relationship…?
          I sympathize.
          Still, who would volunteer to be stuck on a boat, das crazy!
          Go Army!

• NHSparky says:

The term in use since before I got out was PAPERCLIP–People Against People Ever Reenlisting, Civilian Life Is Preferred.

• Wilted Willy says:

The biggest predator of poor little penguins are the big nasty leopard seals. They grab them and beat them senseless on the water until they tear them to pieces!
      Nice touch huh?

• Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

“… guns will fire in space?”
      That explains that awesome scene in Serenity (or was it one of the Firefly episodes?) where Jayne fires a rifle through a spacesuit at a trap that the ship is approaching.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

That was Firefly.

Jayne calls his rifle “Vera”.

In Serenity, they use a top-mounted M-2 to shoot up a Reaver ship. JMB must be proud, as that show is set over 500 years in the future.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

There are problem with “guns in space”.

The hard vacuum will evaporate any oil-based lubricants.

Two pieces of bare metal, not protected by something like a lubricant, will tend to weld themselves together.

In full sun, the weapon is going to get very hot. In full shade, “freeze” doesn’t begin to cover it. +200/-200F is a ballpark range.

How stable is your propellant after a handful of 400 degree temperature swings? Plastic and wood parts?

-that- is why Jayne put “Vera” in a spacesuit.

• David says:

But unless resighted for the local gravitational field, you might miss. A gun is made so the bullet is fired at a point fractionally ABOVE the sight line, and then when it starts to drop due to gravity, the bullet recrosses the sight line. Remember how in basic training you zeroed your M16 (okay, I’m dating myself) at 25 or 50 yards to zero it at 250? That’s the bullet crossing the line of sight on the way up, then gravity causes the bullet to dro back through the line of sight at 250. No gravity, the bullet keeps going above the line of sight.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

M16A1,M193 ball ammo

Set rear sight to “long”

Zero point of aim / point of impact at 25m

Return sight to standard

Now zeroed POA/POI at 42m and 250m

Fire to confirm.

12. aGrimm says:

Ah, the memory of the Seattle’s Trader Vic’s and Mai Tai’s! Our first anniversary but not the first time we got hammered together, nor our last. Damn, those drinks go down easy.

Thebesig has it right: we are apparently going into a grand solar minimum, which means that we may be facing even more erratic weather and shorter growing seasons and a whole bunch of other things.

Check your pantry supplies and buy an extra freezer chest, a small one about 7Cf is good. You’ll have meat when you need it if the prices get too high. As I understand it, eggs were nearly worth their weight in gold during the Little Ice Age. Now, we just take things like plentiful food for granted.

• Roh-Dog says:

^this!
      I’m watching this trade deal, some egghead said $50B exports of food a year.
      Preposterous.
      Maybe he’s got his amounts and durations f’ed up, but still.
      Food prices are going to rise faster and harder than inflation, guaranteed.
      Get ahead of it while you can!!!!

• ChipNASA says:

Is this the one?
        The one where……(ahem…)

TRUMP SOLD RICE…..(pause) TO THE FUCKING CHINESE?!?!?!?!

TRUMP. SOLD. RICE. TO. THE. CHINESE!!!

Next up: ice and refrigerators to Eskimos

God I love that sum’bitch.

• Roh-Dog says:

Yeah, that one.
          It may come as a shock to most people, we produce agriculture goods cheaper than just about anyone, even subtracting subsidizes.
          Most of that it logistics and technical efficiencies, pair that with a metric sh*tton of land and stable climate.
          USA (and the Black Knights) for the win!

• A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

I WILL NEVER get tired of all this WINNING. AS TO those screeching SJW Flower Monkeys bawling about President Trump, I have it on good authority that he plans to step down from Office at noon on January 20, 2025!!! 😀🤣😆😈

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Selling tea to China would be poetic.

Buying Hong Kong…

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

More acreage will be planted, helping keep food costs down. We do not use anywhere near 100% of our Ag land.

Pork, on the other hand, is going up, due to the wipeout by disease of much of the pigs in China. But that too is temporary. We will meet that need, too. It just takes longer to shift the assets.

When food becomes unstable, China has spasms. Trump is in a hugely advantageous position.

• aGrimm says:

Additionally, the next 11 year solar cycle is being predicted to be very low. For those who like the physics (I do!), here is a short version.
      The solar “wind” provides a shield for the earth from incoming high energy space particles. High energy space particles interact with our atmosphere and affect the climate. When the solar wind is at a minimum (solar minimum), more particle interactions take place. Weather patterns are going to be “interesting” during the next decade or two. Although there are a ton of factors affecting climate such as the Earth’s recession, I tend to fall into the “it is the sun, stupid, not CO2” crowd. The sun is the primary driver of our climate.

• thebesig says:

Solar wind is the primary shield, the second shield is our magnetic field. It has been getting weaker for a long time now. With both solar winds and magnetic field weakening, more galactic rays enter the atmosphere to contribute to water droplet and cloud formation.

I read a paper that talked about the influence of the gas giants on the sun and on our glaciation (mini and major). Jupiter is going to overtake Saturn next year, both will be close to each other, and would exert a combined influence on the sun from their areas… In favor of a cooler climate given the other factors that are also at play.

• aGrimm says:

Nice to see a fellow nerd. I rarely get to talk the physics, of which you are correct, because most folk’s eyes cloud over. I’m little surprised that you want a cooler climate. Life handles warmth better than cold. Wouldn’t the Saturn/Jupiter alignment do more to affect the gravitational influences of the planets than have an effect on the sun? We still have lot to learn about gravitational effects, but there does appear to be a correlation (causality not proven) of gravitational effects on our climate. Just one more effect of hundreds of major categories shown to have an effect on our climate. This is why the blame on green house gases is such a crock of manure.

• Thunderstixx says:

We’re doomed…..
            DOOMED !!!!!!

• thebesig says:

Originally posted by aGrimm:

I’m little surprised that you want a cooler climate.

The conditions that I mentioned above favored a cooler climate. I didn’t voice a preference above. :mrgreen:

Originally posted by aGrimm:

Life handles warmth better than cold.

The Minoan Warming Period, the Roman Warming Period, and the Medieval Warming Period, all benefited civilization. For example, the Roman Warming Period is associated with the rise of the Roman Empire. More fertile growing conditions allowed for specialization that made civilization thriving possible. This allowed for better wealth generation. We’re coming out of the 20th Century Warming Period, we had a lot of accomplishments during that period as well.

Originally posted by aGrimm:

Beter… Electromagnetic influence. They have an electromagnetic influence on the sun that tends to influence sunspot activity/solar activity. All the planets have an electromagnetic influence on the sun. The gas giants have a bigger influence. The other two are also coming closer together.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Ringo’s Last Centurion makes extensive use of weather, and a sudden solar minimum, as a plot device. He obviously had good science info.

Fortunately, he was very wrong about who would have been in the white house in 2019

It is a good read

• Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

If you don’t already, you may enjoy

14. Berliner says:

We are not doing enough to fight climate change!!! Just look at what we’re doing to Uranus:

During the past 20 Earth years, the upper atmosphere of Uranus cooled from 750 to 550 kelvins, but since 2013, it has heated by about 50 kelvins per Earth year, Melin said. A Uranus year is 84 Earth years, so small variations in Uranus’s atmospheric temperature while the planet orbits the Sun should take place gradually. The fact that the reversal happened relatively quickly means that “something dramatic has changed,” Melin said.

“…attempts to plead guilty to “mismanaged valour.”

He IS guilty of being an embellishing, lying POS.

Thanks for the update, SVC.

15. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Top fifty and Honorary First once again.

((((OVER))))

16. Skyjumper says:

NEWS FLASH!!!

Pensis fish (spelled wrong on porpoise – grin) wash up on Northern California beach!

Only in Cali….the land of fruits, nuts, and….dicks.

Oh yeah, congrats to ChipNASA’s sitting on the throne!

“…pulsating 10 inch…secrets a slime…can grow up to 19 inches…average 6 to 9….” And the Alphabet Crowd goes wild.

17. Last as usual. Got back from installing a single pole light and outlet switch at a friends house and I also got invited over for chow call at 1530 hrs Juliett.

18. ninja says:

It never stops.

However, the crooks are getting caught.

This guy even claimed a Purple Heart.

“Air Force Veteran Sentenced After Lying About Being Injured by IED, Stole VA Benefits”

“An Air Force veteran was sentenced in a Raleigh federal court after committing fraud and stealing benefits from Veterans Affairs.”

“Bryan Paul Winquist, 39, of Cordova, Tennessee was sentenced to one month of intermittent confinement and nine months of house arrest as terms of a three year period of probation on a charge of theft of government property, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.”

“Court documents said Winquist was also ordered to pay a $3,100 fine and $11,669.06 in restitution to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.”

“Prosecutors say on or about March 22, 2014, Winquist submitted a claim to the VA alleging that he suffered from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) arising from a service-connected incident.”

“The claim falsely alleged that on September 18, 2003, Winquist was on patrol in the town of Balad, Iraq, as an augmented medic/EMT for an army infantry unit.”

“The claim further alleged that while serving in this unit that he was hit with shrapnel from an improvised explosive device (IED) and was shot in the left shoulder during a small-arms firefight.”

“Prosecutors say Winquist further claimed to have “neutralized the threat and continued to assist in the firefight and treat those who were injured.”

“As a result of these events, he claimed to have received the Military Order of the Purple Heart.”

“The VA Office of Inspector General confirmed that Winquist knew at the time of his March 2014 claim that he was not injured by an IED or shot in a small-arms firefight in Iraq.”

“A fellow fireman did not recall Winquist ever going off base on patrol and also never knew of any small arms fire or injuries to Winquist, prosecutors say.”

“Likewise, VA OIG contacted the Air Force Historical Society to query records concerning an alleged IED and firefight incident at the place and time claimed.”

“There was no record of the incident and Winquist was not a recipient of the Purple Heart.”

“Nevertheless, Veterans Affairs began paying out benefits to Winquist under the auspice that he suffered from PTSD from the alleged firefight in Iraq.”

“Winquist received the benefits by withdrawing them from his bank account in various locations. Prosecutors say Winquist did not try to return the funds or acknowledge that he was lying.”

“On Dec. 13, 2017, Winquist admitted during an interview that he fabricated the incident. In particular, he stated, “I was hurting for money, and I made it up.” Winquist also stated that he knew it was wrong.”

“In February 2019, he was charged in a federal indictment. Winquist pleaded guilty to Theft of Government Property on August 5.”

Another tip of the iceberg as to why we can’t have nice things.

Yeah, he’s a dirtbag, but this one is on the VA all the way. HELLO….Records check? If our ninjas can find out as much as they do with the limited resources/information, whyinhell can’t the VA DO THEIR DAMN JOB and investigate these claims?

19. ninja says:

It never stops.

At least the Crooks are getting caught.

“Millions’ Stolen in Decade-Long Buying Fraud at Florida VA Hospitals, Officials Say”

Son.of.a.Bitch!

Until we have swift, sure, harsh, and public punishment for these types of crimes it will continue. Give all of the perps a public, televised trial, the maximum sentence of 45 years and put a youtube nanny cam in their cell. Maybe if dirtbags saw what would happen to someone for these crimes, it would make them think twice before doing the same.

Makes one wonder just how deep & long this crap is. I’m sure that these Florida perps took over a “territory” from their predecessor.

20. ninja says:

It’s starting:

“No New Foreign Military Students Allowed In The US Until Better Checks, Says DoD Spokeman”

• Poetrooper says:

Well that outta keep out all those rampaging Swedes and other Nordic madmen.

Political correctness in the perfumed palace…

Again…the stated purpose of the mooselim religion is to convert or kill all infidels. What part of that do people not understand. Been doing it for 1300+ years, it ain’t gonna stop now. IMO the very pilots that we are training now, our pilots will have to fly against, eventually if not sooner.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

At least restrict those from muzzie nations especially Saudi Arabia. Why them? Because the vast majority of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis.

21. ninja says:

Interesting. You Be The Judge.

“Advocacy Group Takes On Latest Case: Army Staff Sergeant Convicted In Afghan Massacre”

“While celebrating recent pardons of military service members either convicted of or charged with war crimes, the nonprofit military justice advocacy group United American Patriots announced that the next individual they’ll support – Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales.”

“Bales is currently serving a life sentence without parole in the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas after he pleaded guilty to killing 16 Afghans, while on deployment in the Panjwai district, Kandahar province, Afghanistan on March 11, 2012. The act has been called one of the worst atrocities of the war.”

“On that night, Bales left his forward operating base alone and killed four Afghans, including a 3-year-old girl, he told a reporter in 2015. He returned to his FOB for more ammunition and left again to kill 12 more people in another nearby village. The victims were men, women and mostly children.”

“But both UAP CEO David Gurfein and Bales’ attorney, John N. Maher, told Army Times that though the incident was horrific, they are involved in the case because they believe that Bales was denied his constitutional rights.”

“Gurfein and UAP have argued that larger elements of military justice are preventing troops from getting a fair trial.”

• Roh-Dog says:

Bales is a murder.
      Same goes double for Calvin Gibbs.
      Murderers should spend their lives in jail or until ended, tied to a pole, shot with 4 bullets from 5 rifles.
      Make Firing Squads Great Again!

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I say to hell with bales, IMHO he should rot away in prison and die lonely and forgotten for what he did.

He should “pull rope” just like Calley should have pulled rope.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

I can partially agree with you but as it is he’ll spend the rest of his life in a prison cell and if his surviving family doesn’t want to claim his body when he passes he’ll be buried in a generic grave with only a number marking it like in Section E.

22. ninja says:

Please do not forget.

If you have the chance.

More important than the Army-Navy Game.

Wreaths Across America.

14 December 2019.

Rest In Peace, Fellow Veterans.

Wish we had enough Wreaths to honor All who served our Great Nation.

Salute.

Special Thanks to OWB and SFC D and Others who have participated in the past in their AOR.

• SFC D says:

MRS D and I will be out tomorrow, it’s become a christmas tradition for us.

• OWB says:

Thanks for posting this prior to the event. Stuff got in my way of doing so this year.

It was not quite as nice a day as we usually have, and I was plesantly surprised that the size of the crowd of volunteers was still more than was needed. Good.

I still have not participated in the formal ceremony, but had planned to this year. But, a recent widow was having a very difficult day. It seemed that staying with her was the more honorable thing to do. We cried a little together, and I gave her the “you are not alone on this journey” speech. She was doing better. A few minutes later she saw some folks that she knew, then a few more. A bit later, she had a smile on her face.

A very worthwhile day. There will be another ceremony next year.

23. ninja says:

This. Is. Hilarious!!!!

For those who enjoy the Roadrunner VS Coyote Cartoons, here is Trump VS Schiff.

Trump is Trump Runner (Tweetastus Maximus).

Schiff is Schiff. T. Coyote (Politicus Hackitus).

1 minute video.

ENJOY!

24. 11B-Mailclerk says:

Flu. Ugh.

• Roh-Dog says:

That sucks. Water and Motrin.
      And quit complaining! You’re starting to sound like a Squid!!
      GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Chicken soup! Get some confounded chicken soup into your stomach, 11B!

That, plus toast and ice cream will keep you from feeling deprived.

That, plus cookies and ice cream will keep you from feeling deprived. FIFY

Can’t come up with anything to keep you from feeling depraved! 😆 😆 😆

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

I can manage Jello, so far, but not pudding.

Soup when I can take it.

This is surprisingly bad. I had no idea how sick I was.

• Hack Stone says:

Whenever Hack has a nasty bout of the flu or a cold, his lovely bride Rosetta whips up a big bowl of pho. Throw in a lot of hot peppers, a few squeezes of fresh lime juice, and some mint leaves, and before you know it, you are back behind the phone selling some software.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Rub some tussin on it. Tussin fixes everything…

25. The Other Whitey says:

For those interested, the WIP pics of the Red Dawn project are posted here:

Them cool as hell TOW. You done good Bro! Look forward to seeing the finished project.

Thanks for sharing!

• Skyjumper says:

Awesome TOW!

You must be a beast with the air brush…great looking camo patterns.

Also, nice touch with the “Cav Dude” snoozin’ in the back of the M3.

However, the M60 ‘pears to be missing “slave cables”. And is it even PC to call them that?(smile)

Maybe Hack Stone can order you a couple up?

Got the NSN handy for the cables, Hack? (grin)

• The Other Whitey says:

You’re gonna have to help me out with the definition of slave cables. Also, neither vehicle is finished yet. I’m holding off on radio aerials until the last minute, since those won’t be terribly durable and I’m still having to handle them a lot.

• The Other Whitey says:

Also, that’s supposed to be a militia infantry dude, hence the surplus-store ODs. The cav dudes will be on the tank, and wearing woodland BDUs. I’m still doing trial & error (mainly the latter) on painting woodland pattern. Also took Dinotanker’s advice on the tank crew personal weapons; in addition to issued sidearms and Grease Guns, the crew will also have a nonstandard Colt 607 short AR and a sawed-off 12-gauge. The militia guys will have M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, a shotgun or two, plus an M1919 .30-cal for ammo commonality with their rifles. Since I’m including two Russian paratroopers as prisoners, there will also be a liberated AKS-74 visible somewhere.

How do you like the Patton’s .50-cal mod? After messing around with it, I went with sticking some T-rod through the cupola gunport, suggesting that the crew rigged up something using the original M85’s mount, then attached the M2 outside. Plausible?

• Skyjumper says:

.50 cal mod looks good, TOW. Looks as if it was standard issue (although when running thru woods, it might snag on more than a few branches).

I changed MOS from Infantry to Armor and trained on the M60A3 (laser range finder & thermal sights) and fired the M2 (Ma Deuce) but never experienced firing the M85. Heard they were very prone to jamming due to the use of disintegrating metallic links.

As to the “sleeping Cav dude”, I thought maybe you did a model of our Hondo (taken from John Wayne) with the added touch of his hat covering his face so we will never figure out who he is. (grin)

• The Other Whitey says:

I will not make any presumptions about where Hondo would be in the Red Dawn scenario. Though he’s certainly welcome!

Thanks to the oscillations and screwball behavior of the current jet stream, the weather here in my kingdom is erratic, obnoxious and enough to drive you batty. Lots of snow to the north of me, which will melt in the spring and head my way, down the rivers and into the Great Lakes and put Gichi Gamu and Michi Gamu up over their banks again, come spring.

What was all that noise about Gorebull Warming? Oh, yeah – it was HOGWASH!!!

And while I’m here, there are some things going on behind the scenes of this current Inquisition that have to do with Shifty Schiff. And Boris Johnson is now Prime Minister in the UK, and he has no patience with the Greenbeaners at all.

27. Cameron Kingsley says:

These fools just don’t know when to quit do they? They should study the American Revolution, the French Revolution, and the Russian Revolution and learn what happens when the rest of the country gets tired of being trampled on. They already are not on good graces with the rest of the country and yet they just wanna keep poking the bear. They better not cry when the bear turns around and bites back. I sometimes wonder how long a civil war will last against them.

• Mason says:

VA used to be such a nice state. They elected a Democrat house and senate under the jig-dancing blackface wearing infanticide supporting governor. What did they expect to happen?

Maybe there’ll be another split of the state. I wouldn’t be against that. Also not against splitting CA up into multiple states and support the downstate IL people who want to split off from the state of Chicago.

You must be referring to the Democrat Kingdom of Chiraq, which is a perennial shooting gallery, with several thousand victims each year.

• Mason says:

It’s kind of a running joke around here that Chicago is it’s own state. Everyone from there you ask for ID says they have a “Chicago ID/license” not an Illinois one.

That MegaBus is bringing us their best and brightest for the low, low price of $1.

• Anonymous says:

Looks like Democrats are progressing toward firing on Fort Sumter again.

28. Sapper3307 says:

Bernie just dropped his support for TYT’s CeeK, the left is eating itself.

29. LC says:

Apparently Chinese intelligence officials under diplomatic cover think they can just drive on to US Navy bases now:

30. marinedad61 says:

Holy Crap! Check this out.
    A detailed website RESPONSE from Woodstock/Atlanta
    Phony Navy SEAL Admiral Pilot (and more) Bob McDaniel,
    the guy who was outed on TV Fox 5 Atlanta.
    (Google Bob McDaniel, videos are all out there.)

Yes, he actually ATTACKS Fox 5 investigative reporter Randy Travis.

———————-

STATEMENT OF ROBERT MCDANIEL

Recently, I was the subject of a vicious character assassination by Randy Travis, an unscrupulous local television reporter, who has made a habit of attacking veterans in order to create sensational and overblown stories.

I have spent my life serving others. I was a police officer in and around Independence and Kansas City, Missouri for about a decade. In that capacity, I learned defensive tactics to neutralize attacks from bad people. I have put that training to use in a small business where I teach people how to defend themselves and escape assailants. The training is supposed to be interesting and entertaining, and those in attendance expect a show in addition to the useful life saving information we provide. As an example, Mr. Travis’ recent segment showed my partner Arlene Johnson and me bantering and joking about my supposed credentials in front of the attendees. I am fully qualified to teach these classes.

In addition to serving as a police officer, I was a member of the United States Marine Corps, having gone through Marine basic training and serving in the Marine Reserves. In my community, I have coached high school and youth travel team baseball. As a hobby, I collect and sell military memorabilia, and the segment Mr. Travis ran depicted me wearing the uniform of an admiral. I sometimes wear the hats, uniforms and equipment I purchase, partly to ensure they are in good shape before I sell them. No one would seriously believe that an admiral would show up in full dress uniform at a local bar in Woodstock, The owner well knew I was not an admiral. I wore the naval uniform as a symbol to honor my father who was a decorated navy veteran in WWII. My habit of occasionally wearing paraphernalia I purchase may be odd or eccentric, but no harm or theft was intended and no benefit was gained. No stolen valor was intended. Once you have served as a United States Marine, I believe there is no higher military honor.

I am 71 years old and don’t hear or remember as well as I used to. I have a torn ACL and meniscus and walk with bone rubbing against bone. At the times I was filmed, I was on heavy painkillers such as Percocet and Darvocet. I have had several heart procedures, and my red blood cell count has been dangerously low because of a bleeding ulcer in my esophagus. Because of my poor health and the pain in my knee, I cannot sleep well. When I spoke to Mr. Travis and his cronies I felt and looked drugged and disoriented and in a dreamlike state. This should have been obvious to any honest reporter.

He is a phony who likes to hurt good people.

———————

• marinedad61 says:

November 19, Fox 5 (Part 1).

• ChipNASA says:

Bob, (Knob) ,
      Horse. Fucking. Shit.

This is and to quote Colonel Potter” The most bellicose barrel full of Bull Durham anybody’s ever heard you utter….”

You got CAUGHT Bob and you’re bullshitting bigger than your original bullshit. Give it up. Stop playing the victim.

Oh and fuck YOU! Liar.

Looks like it may be past time to do a FOIA on ol’ Bull Sh^t Bob and have an even more outing of his lying, embellishing POS self. Whether or not Mr. Travis ever served in the Military is not the subject at hand. The gol darned Germans had nothing to do with it. Someone should go punch yo mama right in the mouth for birthing your lying, full of sh^t, embellishing ass.

Nothing at all wrong about serving in the Marine Corps Reserve and being an E5 radio operator. There is a whole lot wrong in the lying you did. And yes, you are GUILTY of being a valor thief and realizing monetary gain from said thievery.

ESAD MO FO!

Thanks for the update marinedad61!

• marinedad61 says:

You’re welcome.

Well, it’s good to get his words here, for permanency, after his website folds for good.

Interesting how he implicates his partner and mistress
          Arlene Johnson
          in the telling of tall tales,
          but he forgets to mention
          that she believed every bit of his bullshit.

To her detriment, she hasn’t said 1 word publicly,
          about the lies SHE told.
          To her credit, she has (now)
          apparently cut Phony Bob out of her life.

Bad to be a mistress to a married phony like Bob, Arlene.
          Stick with single / divorced / widowed old farts.

• ChipNASA says:

His Book of Face is down. Oh and I don’t see anywhere where he talks about a REAL DEAL SEAL “The Hair”. Gee, why didn’t he attack Don.
            Because he has at least 2 working brain cells.

GONE!!!

Oh Bob, the tears are flowing for you…h I mean, LAUGHTER, I’m CRYING laughing AT you, dickface.

• marinedad61 says:

Oh, he DID mention Don (not by name).

[[Mr. Travis has never served in any branch of the military and has not been through Marine Boot Camp, as I have. He is well aware that a vicious story like this exposes me to violent anonymous attacks on social media and otherwise. He brought a dangerous and thuggish looking individual with him to confront, intimidate and disorient me on camera in what felt like an assault.

He does not care about that. He does not care about veterans. His next step will likely be to take his intimidating friend to nursing homes to confront aging veterans.]]

If Phony SEAL Admiral Bob McDaniel
              didn’t know who Don S. was in November,
              he certainly knows by now.
              He can Google…. himself.

As for Arlene…
              The cupcake routine is over.
              Any new guy can Google her, too.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

COCKSUCKER!!!!

KAAAAAAA…..BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! SHACK!

bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Going by her fake book page she looks kinda sorta fairly well preserved. Bet IDCSARC would hit it. Wonder if she can cook? You know, beside cooking up lies. Who knows, BS Bob prolly had her snowed too.

Anybody else think that those lads standing with her had a faint resemblance to Leonard Hofstedter, Sheldon Cooper, and Howard Wolowitz?

31. LC says:

Well, call me convinced! Not content to emulate the Clintons and kill someone just once, the Bidens are so evil that they apparently kill people twice:

Good grief.