Trump Lays Down the Law on Pardoned SEAL

| November 21, 2019 | 126 Comments

‘The Navy Will NOT Be Taking Away Eddie Gallagher’s Trident Pin’

By Megan Fox

Donald Trump, CinC, has made his wishes perfectly clear on his favorite media- twitter.

The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher’s Trident Pin. This case was handled very badly from the beginning. Get back to business! November 21, 2019

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

In the last few days, the chattering class has been speculating about what the Navy would do to Chief Gallagher despite being acquitted of the crimes he was accused of.

We all know the sad tale of vicious rumors and false accusations that lead to Chief Gallagher’s incarceration for nearly a year before his court martial. How the prosecution trampled all over his rights, the surprise confession, and finally his acquittal of the murder charge.

After the acquittal, President Trump reversed the decision of the court to reduce Chief Gallagher from E-7 to E-6 for appearing in that now famous photograph. Tellingly, no other personnel appearing in the same pic have been punished.

Still wanting a pound of flesh, the SEAL two star decided to review his status as a SEAL and called him to appear before a review board.

But the armed forces answer to one man, and he sits in the White House. The president has made it very clear that the Navy is not to do any such thing and has ordered them to leave Gallagher alone. It should be interesting to see if Green refuses to drop this bone and puts himself at risk of being replaced by his commander. If there’s one line Donald Trump has a lot of practice delivering, it’s “you’re fired.”

Hat tip to Poetrooper for the link. The rest of the article may be viewed here: PJ Media.com

Category: Guest Link, Legal, Navy, Trump!

1. FuzeVT says:

People just don’t seem to know when they should quit. Trump knows when they should quit, however.

2. Mick says:

“Get back to business!”

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Shack!

3. GDContractor says:

Monday Night Rehabilitation!!!

IT’S COMING, AND IT’S GONNA BE SPECTACULAR, SCROS!!!

Wonder if the Big Navy Flag has already got himself an after retirement gig lined up? If not, he maybe ought to start leaving a few resumes’ here and there.

I heard that Brucie’s Bath House (Entrance in the Rear) is always taking applications.

Donald Trump (in his best Darth Vader voice: Admiral, I AM the CinC!

5. Sapper3307 says:

Boom,, shot out—-splash—- one clown car destroyed.

6. Duane says:

There’s one line in the article that a whole lot of people just seem to fail to read or understand – that the Armed Forces answer to one man, and he sits in the White House. I think a lot of the people making the big noise about it are the same ones that were in favor of a deserter getting pardoned, etc. I applaud the CINC for putting the hammer down on this subject!

7. Club Manager, USA ret. says:

Isn’t it refreshing to have a Commander in Chief that leads from the front not the rear. Memo to a certain Flag Officer, start floating your resume and be prepared to be awarded the coveted NDSM upon retirement which is coming a lot sooner than you planned. What part of leave this sailor the fuck alone did you not understand.

8. Comm Center Rat says:

Flag Officers aren’t used to being told NO. The CINC has made it simple for RADM Green: do no further harm to CPO Gallagher. Green should now salute crisply and comply with his CINC’s order. If in good conscience he can not or will not comply, then Green should retire immediately, if not sooner.

9. OWB says:

The only question remaining is if the spoiled brats have finally gotten the message that the adults are in charge. Probably not yet. Perhaps eventually they will understand that their lives would suddenly become sooo much easier if they just learn to act their chronologic age. (One can hope!)

10. Martinjmpr says:

I can picture a Navy JAG furiously flipping through the UCMJ and Manual of Courts Martial to determine whether they have the authority to take away Gallagher’s birthday.

11. Just An Old Dog says:

Chief Gallagher is a marked man caught in the middle. I hope he gets a good offer from a Civilian Company and can just retire.
    There’s a time to take what you have and get out. Regardless of his many supporters there are enough Clintonistas and Obamites left in the ranks to make a high profile enlisted man’s life hell.

12. MSG Eric says:

Typical military response. “We wanna fuck that guy. We can’t do it that way? Well, we’ll do it this way instead!” “Oh we can’t do it that way either? Well, we’ll find a way, even if it takes us 10 years!”

Regardless of what happened, the amount of prosecutor misconduct to get him convicted should’ve been enough for the Navy to say, “okay, let it go.” But of course not…

13. The 2 star A…E just can’t stand to lose just like the demo rats that lost in 2016. If he is reading my comment, I wonder if he will try to reduce my MM3 down to Fireman First because of that # 1 air compressor I went to Capt’s mast over. While I was screaming for another Rebel Burger and RC Cola at the Trade Winds EM club, he was screaming for more pablum-If he was born yet. Hope he doesn’t get a hold of my ARNG DD214 and try and demote me from 11B E5 to E4 because I broke starch to march. Hmmm.

14. Steve1371 says:

Thats my President ! MAGA !

15. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t Flag Officers serve at the pleasure of the CINC? IMHO Green is a boot licking 0bamite who just can’t take NO for an answer sans having a hissyfit and I hope that President Trump boots him. What’s next, will Green now try to Court Martial Chief Gallagher because he got a parking ticket in front of HQ from an overzealous SP fifteen years ago?

• The Stranger says:

That’s right. If the good Admiral keeps this up, he can start looking for another job, along with anyone who tries to cover for him. Looking at you there, CNO; you might want to tell RADM Green to sit down and shut up.

• USMC Steve says:

All officers serve at the pleasure of the president. He can fire any of them he wants to for any reason or for no reason at any time. He should already have shitcanned Green.

• SteeleyI says:

All officers do. One poster here suggested that all commissioned officers be subjected to a loyalty test. All registered democrats should go. Totally within his authority.

He can also launch a first strike nuclear attack on The UK

You are becoming just as deranged as our commie cuttlefish.

• SteeleyI says:

What is deranged about this? All officers serve at the pleasure of the president. On one of the many Vindman threads, somebody said that as president he would get rid of all democrat officers. I wish I was making that up.

Also, the president can unilaterally launch a nuclear strike without permission from anyone. The SecDef (or a successor) only verifies the order, they are not approving or agreeing with it.

Now, you may be think I am deranged because the US has a strict no first use policy.. That is incorrect, but it doesn’t matter because as many pointed out in the Vindman testimony, the president sets US national security policy.

16. Graybeard says:

The CinC has spoken; clearly, directly, and pointedly.

I love the USA having a good boss.

• Huey Jock says:

I retired just a couple of months before having to call Silly Willie my CINC.

WHEW!!!!

• Twist says:

I served under Clinton, Bush, and Obama. The difference between serving under Clinton and Bush was like night and day. Under Clinton it was “here are your 15 blank rounds for this 14 day force on force training exercise, try not to use them all at once”. It was tons better under Bush. The main difference that I saw between Bush and Obama was that under Obama our ROE became much, much more constrictive.

• Mustang Major says:

I served under Nixon, Ford, Carter, Regan and Bush. I remember that the most meaningful pay raises came from Nixon- $77 to $130 a month (or there about) as a PV1; and Regan, about 11% as a 1LT. Glad to have retired before some of the policies impacting the military were put in place by Clinton and Obama.

• SteeleyI says:

Well, he’s not the boss of the USA (unless you mean US Army).

17. STSC(SW/SS) says:

Admiral Green. Is this an ancestor of Colonel Green, committer of mass genocide in the late 21st century.

18. Harry says:

Eddie Gallagher should thank God that Trump is CinC. If that addled, lying product-of-Satan’s-anus Hillary had won he would be serving life on a bullshit murder charge. God Bless President Trump!

19. Retired NFO says:

LtCol Vindman watch out!

20. MK75Gunner says:

Stand by for Green to retire and be the latest face of the “Resistance”. I’m sure the left wing alphabet networks will be courting him. Lefties love the Military as long as they hate the same targets.

21. IDC SARC says:

The CINC should summon certain people under his command to the oval office for a counseling session…some positive reinforcement is in order.

The WH IDC could also tape and weigh them all to see how many are out of standards and need to be on a personalized PT program lead by Chief(SEAL) Gallagher. 🙂

Get those fat bodies all wet and sandy.

22. Buckeye Jim says:

Even if Gallagher was found guilty of all charges (highly doubtful), any qualification badges should be off limits. They were EARNED regardless of subsequent performance, actions, or behaviors.

23. SEAL TWO says:

As they always used to say, NAVSPECWAR eats its young. Although I’ve been away from it for a while, I still clearly remember how appalled so many of us at the teams were when (some) of those senior officers were selected from the SPECWAR community for flag rank. Appalled, but not surprised. Of course there were some excellent ones, such as Eric Olsen and Joe Maguire. Others, such as McRaven, would do absolutely anything for money and power (including, with all probability, unnatural acts in a public forum with animals). Green probably falls into the latter category.

24. USMC Steve says:

This is a perfect example of Big Navy not being able to let go of its stupidity.

25. jimmyb says:

Years ago I read Richard Marcinko’s book and thinking about that and how this relates, well to me, it seems if you upset the old brass, they will get you. Too bad President Trump wasn’t around back then.

26. SteeleyI says:

It’s like Green thinks he is responsible for the entire SpecWar community and upholding their standards of conduct.

What’s next? Is he going to try to determine who earns the SEAL trident in the first place?

27. FC2(SW)Ron says:

Good. Now, Admiral Green, if you have such a moral conviction, resign or retire. I hope the President can replace these “zer0” era military members who now hold rank that have poisoned the services. They certainly aren’t leaders that I would want to follow.

28. Sapper3307 says:

“Is it time for father to take his belt off?”
    TRUMP45

29. SteeleyI says:

The president is screwing this up.

The board was to consider if Gallagher should lose his pin- no decision had been made.

By jumping the gun, the president is undermining the Navy’s ability to enforce standards. Who knows, the panel (which would have been made up of mainly enlisted SEALs) may have decided not to revoke the badge.

The SpecWar community is in a crisis with a lot of indiscipline and actual criminal behavior. This board was one of the measures they are using. The president is reacting to direct appeals from people like serial adulterer and fake Sky Soldier Pete Hegseth without listening to his SecNav and CNO, who both approved the board.

• Poetrooper says:

For someone who’s served, you sure seem to have a lot of Polly Annish faith in the flag ranks. Do you honestly believe that ANY review board, enlisted or not, isn’t going to be feeling the heat from the upper brass precisely for the perceived reasons you cite?

Frankly, as someone who served in a force that the media condemned for “indiscipline and actual criminal behavior” thanks to a few sorry bastards like John Kerry and Dan Rather, I tend to be a bit skeptical of your claims. You remind me a bit over much of them, what with your condemnation of Gallagher and your disparagement of Pete Hegseth, while scolding all of us at here at TAH for not supporting a demonstrable worm like “That’s lieutenant colonel” Vindmann.

• SteeleyI says:

A two part response:

For someone who serv d you seem to have a lot of faith in a president who never served and a former National Guard captain, morning show host, and serial adulterer to establish the standards of conduct of the SEALs.

Look up Hegseths bio. Should he be the presidents key advisor on discipline in the SEAL community? Bonus question: would you let him date your daughter? I know, he just got married (again) but neither that or a pregnant wife doesn’t seem to stop him from meeting women.

The SecNav (a Trump appointee) and CNO both think there is a crisis n the SEAL community, and by any objective measure they are correct. Aside from Gallagher, they had a platoon kicked out of Iraq, a widespread and well known drug problem in Virginia Beach (where the East Coast Groups are), and they murdered a Green Beret in Africa for threatening to expose their fraudulent activities there.

This is a problem. The president just made it worse.

30. UpNorth says:

“If these comment threads were close-order drill, you and Lars would be the two-left-footed fuck-ups always out of step in the company street.”
    BOOM!!!

• SteeleyI says:

Part Two:

You seem to think I will be insulted if you call me a prof, a lefty, or a Never Trumper. For one, I am am none of those. Moreover, I really don’t care if you call me that. I’ve never met any of you and do not Kay awake at night hoping I really scored so,e points on the Gallagher- Vindman threads.

What I am is someone with enouh military experience to know BS when I see it and the willingness to read outside a very narrow source of news.

I also don’t care if you compare me to Lars. I never met Lars, who I guess is also Commisar, but I do think it’s weird that all of you are so obsessed with him. What’s sad is none of you can respond to him without insulting him, and you almost never respond with a factually supported counterpoint.

Here’s the deal: Without Lars or me, this blog would be incredibly boring. Someone posts a news story with a Predictably far right analysis of the world situation, and 2or 3 of you respond with paraphrases from another right wing site or a Wikipedia article (some of you don’t even bother to paraphrase, but plagiarism is the highest form of flattery, right?).

At some point, someone will make a vaguely relevant military or gay themed joke, and then the thread becomes unreadable.

To Poe’s post: I haven’t scolded anyone for not supporting Vindman. In fact, I don’t really support Vindman in everything he has done. He should have stated the facts and then shut up. We didn’t need a lecture on The American Dream.
      I have scolded people for posting what they knew or should have known was false information or basing their opinion on what they knew or should have known was false information. I know a barracks lawyer when I see one. I also know a poser when I see one, by the way.

The hypocrisy that someone we like is given a free pass on all behavior while someone we don’t like is pilloried based on Twitter innuendo about being a chow thief at Ranger School and earning their Purple Heart in a porta potty is astounding.

Why isn’t anyone digging into whether or not Gallagher was really lifting his end of the log in BUD/S? Did he ever rat-fuck a case of MREs in the OCF compound in Bagram (I doubt any of you even know what the OCF compound was). Did he ever drink the last Ripit?

Shameful, considering that some of the people doing it are clearly posers themselves.

So, you may not like me, but I don’t care. I know you can’t wait to see what I write next, and that’s kind of fun. I basically write for a living, so it’s fun to have this kind of give and take. I also feel satisfaction that I am educating many of you, passing on the wisdom accumulated after 22 years active duty and 10 years as an Army Civilian.

I guess you could say that I just like giving back.

You’re welcome, TAH.

31. rgr769 says:

Well, the steely-eye has one thing in common with our favorite cuttlefish. Both of them have never had a job that didn’t have a government paycheck attached to it.

• SteeleyI says:

Neither has Eddie Gallagher.

You caught me. I’m not a salt of the earth man of the people.

Of course, I never claimed to be, and I am not posting on a ‘Dirty Jobs’ blog.

I did have my share of crappy jobs, though- everything from Wal Mart to highway maintenance in South Texas. People seem to aim at the guy with the flag.

32. Poetrooper says:

SecNav has been fired by SecDef over this issue, no doubt acting on CinC orders. When the alpha dog growls, it ain’t smart to growl back.

• SteeleyI says:

This has been a moronathon.

Spencer’s resignation letter says:

“Unfortunately, it has become apparent that in this respect, I no longer share the same understanding with the commander in chief who appointed me, in regards to the key principle of good order and discipline. I cannot in good conscience obey an order that I believe violates the sacred oath I took.”

Yet, according to the US Naval Institute story, Spencer was allegedly (without telling Esper) seeking a deal with the White House to basically hold a sham board to keep up appearances but guarantee that Gallagher would keep his trident. That seems unethical to me.

Who in the White House was he talking to, and when were they planning to tell the president? You think Trump is pissed now, wait until he finds out someone on the White House staff is making deals behind his back.