Les Brown – Fake Special Forces Ranger

| July 19, 2019

The folks at Military Phony send us their work on Lester Kent Brown, who simply goes by “Les.”  Les heads up a Nevada chapter of a POW/MIA organization.

Les has been in the newspaper where the article states he is a retired Master Sergeant having served in the Army for 20 years.

He also has been spotted in a veteran’s vest showing the MSG rank, several Special Forces crests, the RANGER tab, a Combat Infantry Badge (CIB) and a patch designating him as a veteran of Desert Storm.

Well, his official military records tell a different story…

Brown got out as a Specialist vs. his claim of Master Sergeant (E-8).

He did not retire after 20 years. His summary sheet said he was discharged vs. retired.

Brown does not have the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) under his awards and he does not have the medals or assignments that would support his claim of being in Desert Storm.

He also does not have an assignment to any Special Forces units.

Category: Army Poser

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Les Brown’s DD-214 : This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here | July 23, 2019
  1. Mustang Major says:

I live within a few blocks of at least three retired four stars, a few two stars, a number of retired special forces officers, other retired military and many others that didn’t serve to retirement. Not one has any form of military decal on their vehicles, bore you with stories of their military heroics, and otherwise undertake glorifying behavior. I think this is the case for the vast majority of former military.

However, these fraud clowns that spout off their inflated service career BS wonder why they are signaled out as frauds and are unfairly picked on. Well they just don’t realize how their “look at me” behavior sets them apart. Their need for attention is their downfall. This seems to be the case with all of the phonies that have made it to the pages of TAH. Les Brown is no exception.

• AO2(NAC) says:

Shit Sorry!!! I hit ‘report feedback” in error 🙁

I was only going to say “if you have to tell me you are a bad ass, you ain’t.”

Another favorite is “i can’t really talk about it”, then they proceed to regale me with tales of bravery and heroism. All bullshit of course.

Again a thousand pardons for hitting the wrong tab. I hope admins ignore that and read my apology here.

2. Keepin' It Real says:

Hey, Tom Wulf – aka PhoeniX – just because you failed miserably on your responsibilities in regard to your own DD-214 does not mean you should turn around and make it a shining example about how flawed they are.

“I personally know that he was in for 20 years, but that’s beside the point.”

No, that’s exactly the point. Would like to see your “proof” that Les was in for 20 years. Looking forward to it.

We’ll wait right here.

I’m guessing you’re just a gutter-sniper who likes to toss things out at random and suggest that you are the true curator of all the truth and evidence. What’s the next step? When asked to put up or shut up you will then revert to the time-old “I don’t have to prove anything to you” line?

We’ve seen it all before. It’s boring.

• PhoeniX says:

“just because you failed miserably on your responsibilities in regard to your own DD-214”

How so? Anyone who knows anything about DD-214’s can tell you that none of my Army DD-214’s makes any reference to Awards, Schools, Dates of Service etc. from my prior Navy service DD-214’s. If you disagree, then can you link me to an official Army site that shows otherwise? Or will you revert to the time-old “I’m not going to do your research for you” line?

I’ll wait right here.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

*YAWN*, seriously?

• Ex-PH2 says:

Get over yourself, phonex. This post wasn’t about YOU, you dork. It was about someone else. Quite changing the subject over to YOU, dingbat.

• Keepin' It Real says:

What?

You’re changing your position and releasing rabbits – I’m not chasing.

The bottom line here is Les lied about his military service in several ways – read the blog if you need a refresher.

Your position is clear to me – you want to offer a distraction and float possibilities that the people here got something wrong as far as good ol’ Les the Liar is concerned.

What’s striking is you have never been on this site before so your criticisms ring hollow. Then, to double-down on insult you are an advocate for people misrepresenting their military service. That is Stolen Valor… and you’re an advocate for it.

That does not speak very well for your position as being Vice-Commander of an organization that supports POW*MIAs. That appears to cause you very little concern. I’m sure your community would look down on that. Then again, you must be tied to the hip as far as Les Brown.

By the way, how come you are not using your real name – Tom Wulf? You are putting this stuff out there like you are coming from some official authority – and I assume you would not be ashamed of signing your posts as the Vice Director/Commander.

Focus, Wulf, focus. You can do it. If you have evidence that disputes the assertions made on this site about Les, then put up or shut up. All I’ve heard you do is blather on about your own career and daring everyone to find something inconsistent about you.

That is another case of you showing your ass. The site authors do not just randomly pick people and go after them. There has to be a precedence. Les lied and showed that precedence.

About the only thing that Les appears to have done successfully is to impart his dishonorable ways onto his protege. You appear all too willing to step into that role by your defense of liars.

So, let’s see all of this evidence that you are talking about that will exonerate your battle buddy.

• PhoeniX says:

Oh brother! What position am I changing? I’ve been consistent throughout.

Why would anyone need a refresher on this blog that contains no evidence?

You constantly make accusations without any proof. Why don’t you have any proof?

Why am I not using my real name? You’re one to talk! Is your real name “Keepin’ It Real”? And I’ve never claimed to come from any position of authority – I just know a lot more about military records and documents then anyone I’ve encountered here.

Rational thought, “Keepin’ It Real”, rational thought. At least try to say something coherent and relevant. Not everything you post has to be nonsense. If you have actual evidence that MSG Brown isn’t who he says he is, produce it! But nothing on this site comes even close, and you guys are so pathetic that you cannot refute any of my points.

So let’s see some actual evidence to back up your claims.
          For once.

Are you blind, retarded, or just stupid? The documents above on your hero are from the National Personnel Records Center. They show he never was awarded squat, never served in combat, was never a Ranger, and never served in any SF unit. I might add there is no evidence he even attended basic jump school, a requirement for service in any Ranger or SF unit. Moreover, the NPRC says his highest rank achieved is SP4.

• Keepin' It Real says:

Tom Wulf, Vice-Commander of the POW*MIA Org of Elko NV, you wrote under the false name “Phoenix”:
            Tom Wulf

“Why am I not using my real name? You’re one to talk! Is your real name “Keepin’ It Real”?”

My last name is Real. The rest is not my given name but the one I’m givin’ you. I have a good reason not to use my real name and besides, it has no relevance in this context. You, on the other hand, are a fraud and a hack. You want to speak to defend your organization under a false identity – probably because you can’t go on the record with what comes out of your piehole. Just step up to the plate and be accountable. It’s not hard, it just takes some backbone.

“And I’ve never claimed to come from any position of authority – I just know a lot more about military records and documents then anyone I’ve encountered here.”

Now we’re getting somewhere. So being Vice-Commander of your POW*MIA Org is not a position of authority? You are speaking about the senior member of your organization that has been caught with Stolen Valor and you would like to spew general statements but have a disclaimer that they are not official? That’s convenient. It’s like screwing with a rubber.

But yet again you run your suck hole and offer nothing as far as evidence that disputes the NPRC records. You claim the authors do not have evidence yet it is displayed in full view. Beyond that, you are encouraged to get Les’ records via your own FOIA request to the NPRC to get to the bottom of what’s happening in your organization.

Oh, I stand corrected – you do offer two things – jack and squat.

Your motives are transparent and disingenuous. You want to distract and hint at alternative possibilities, yet if you were honest with yourself you’d know that Les has lied and deceived many people for years. With being the head of an organization that collects money… that’s fraud. You, being the Vice-Commander, perhaps are not implicated in this fraud but your problem now is that you know or should at least suspect… so you are accountable for your actions moving forward and that includes using your real name to make official statements, not hiding behind the curtain.

Man up, Tom Wulf.

Then, in an act of defiance that reveals your true character – you demonstrate that you are willing to attack veterans and defend Stolen Valor within your ranks.

Just keep this simple, Tom Wulf… instead of defending your organization’s commander by running your suck hole with non-sensical statements… accept the fact that it is your responsibility to get to the ground truth and clean up the mess. If you have no proof, then you need to get to the bottom of things by ordering Les’ records yourself if you don’t trust what has been posted here.

So…

Show us the proof that you have that Les Brown was an E-8.

Show us the proof that you have that Les Brown served for 20 years.

Show us the proof that you have that Les Brown was a Ranger.

Show us the proof that you have that Les Brown was with Special Forces.

Show us the proof that you have that Les Brown was jump qualified.

Show us the proof that you have that Les Brown was in Desert Storm.

We’re waiting… tick, tock, tick, tock.

• Ret_25X says:

If your DD 214s do not reference awards from previous DD 214s that is YOUR fault.

If you have graduated from schools issuing ASI or SQI or skill badges, those qualifications will be on EVERY DD 214 unless you are a lazy jackass and don’t check them before you sign them. A failing common among E-4s.

BUT! Even if your DD 214 is incorrect, your MOS will still show all ASI/SQI.

For example, if you are a successful graduate of Army basic parachute school you will have an SQI in your MOS permanently unless YOU or your command “terminate” your status.

Now, fraud does occur. That is why records are so important, and if you did actually serve 20 years, you would know that.

But alas, you talk like an eternal boot and I’m betting my star you are an eternal boot.

• ArmyATC says:

If your Army DD-214s don’t show anything from your prior Navy service that’s your fault. I know several people, one of whom was my father, who had served in two different branches. A buddy I served in the Gaurd with was former USMC. After deployment, his demob DD-214 reflected his former USMC service to include all schools and awards. DD-214s will reflect all periods of service, to include branch, awards, and schools if one pays attention and has the proper documents. Any “expert” would know this.

3. Charles says:

So I ask myself, “Why would Lester Kent Brown falsely claim to have a Combat Infantryman Badge?” After all, that is a badge specifically cited in 18 U.S.C. §704 (the Stolen Valor Act, 2013 version. And while the statute has been amended to delete the former offense of merely “wearing” an unauthorized combat award, and now requires that the person “with intent to obtain money, property, or other tangible benefit, fraudulently holds
    oneself out to be a recipient…” (of a combat award) did Lester Kent Brown obtain “money, property or tangible benefit” by means of a claim to possess a CIB?

My mind was further piqued by an entry on the City of Carlin Nevada Facebook page advertising Nevada Handgun Carry classes by “L.B. Defensive Training, Les Brown.”

So I used the world wide interweb to navigate to the Elko County Sheriff’s Department web site (since Carlin is in Elko County, and Handgun Instructors in Nevada are certified by the County Sheriff). Here is the web address:

Scroll to the last page, and you will read of L.B. Defensive Training
    Les Brown
    [with his address, apparently a home address I won’t republish here, his telephone numbers — including the same telephone number publicly distributed on the Carlin Police Department Facebook ad — and his email address].

I wonder if Les Brown’s application to the Elko County Sheriff to be certified as a handgun training instructor, authorized to train and qualify applicants for the Nevada CCW license,
    has more qualifications than “I was a Specialist Four in the Military Police and qualified as Marksman, the lowest level of qualification.”

Is there a reader in the Northern Nevada area who could inquire of the Elko County Sheriff? And perhaps even obtain a copy of Lester Kent Brown’s license application under the authority of Chapter 239 of the Nevada Open records Act?

4. Claw says:

Okay, Class. Lunchtime is over, it’s time to take your seats and shut-up. Get out your note pads and pencils, because the next two blocks of instruction (by someone who describes their highest rank held in the Navy as being an E-7) will be on classified DD214s and how the Army reactivated the Blood Stripe promotion system in the 1990s that allowed a Specialist to zoom up the ranks to Master Sergeant in only two years.

And so, without further ado, here’s Phoenix!!

PhoeniX, PhoeniX??

Oh, I see. Class, this is a PSA. PhoeniX will be delayed a short while, as tuning up the Cricket Brigade takes priority over getting the curriculum started./smile

• 26Limabeans says:

Surely you can come up with the NSN for a classified cover sheet Claw.
      Just staple it to a DD-214 and Viola.

Ain’t gonna happen. charles w has got the stapler with him…in the basement…the stapler has a drinking problem too.

• Claw says:

Sure can. Take your pick.:

7540-01-213-7901 SF* 703 – TOP SECRET
        7540-01-213-7902 SF* 704 – SECRET
        7540-01-213-7903 SF* 706 – CONFIDENTIAL

* Standard Form

Management regrets to inform you that a NSN for a Cover Sheet for TPS Reports is currently not available./s

• Claw says:

Correction. The CONFIDENTIAL Cover Sheet should be a SF705, not 706.

Mea Culpa/smile

• Mason says:

Which one is COSMIC TOP SECRET?

I know it’s a NATO thing, but that was always my favorite classification level.

• Claw says:

Google-Fu says the COSMIC is a control measure, not a classification. So I guess the word COSMIC is stamped onto the TOP SECRET SF703 Cover Sheet and you go from there.

• 26Limabeans says:

I knew it would happen.
          Tanks Claw.

5. Graybeard says:

Dang, I missed getting to mock the sockpuppet.

PhoeniX sounds like a Phony-X to me.

No end of phonies. And Brain-Les Brown is just another in a long line of ’em.

6. Mustang Major says:

Les Brown has been pumping his BS for some time. Here he is commenting on the death of Bin Laden- and his military career- in the local paper.

Looks like he worked himself into the local military expert position. Fake news at its best.

Board meeting 24 JUL.
    Wonder what is on the agenda.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

WE MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IMMEDIATELY! HARRRRRRUMPH!!!!

Be even more interesting to be at the Membership Meeting a few days later. Be even more interesting to get a forensic audit of this non profit’s books. Who knows, I’d bet that they spend as much as 10% of funds scammed…err…err…donated on “Raising Awareness Issues.”

“Hey, we didn’t get a Harrrrump out of that guy!”

8. Claw says:

Monday morning speculation: That Lester Kent Brown has been floating around for years an NGB-22/multiple NGB-22s that indicate he is/was a Master Sergeant.

• Claw says:

Further speculation for Monday morning:

Did someone who stated “I just know a lot more about military records and documents then (sic) anyone I’ve encountered here.” and “I personally know that he was in for 20 years” prepare and publish the NGB22/multiple NGB22s?

YMMV

9. OWB says:

Nice going everyone! Sock puppets are always so entertaining. Perhaps this one learned a lesson.

Or not.

10. Keepin' It Real says:

As the sun rises on a new day, questions still linger:

* Will Barracks Attorney, Shit House Lawyer and self-described DD-214 expert Tom Wulf have the balls to put out an official statement about his organization in regard to Les Brown being guilty of Stolen Valor?

* Can Tom Wulf come up with the fortitude to step from behind the curtain, shed the sock-puppets and stand properly in defense of his organization and the fraud within their ranks?

* Can Tom Wulf provide the evidence that he claims under a false identity will exonorate the organization’s Commander and leader Lester Kent Brown?

* Will Les Brown his damn self step forward and either dispute evidence against him that shows Stolen Valor or will he come clean, apologize and step down?

* Will Tom Wulf’s wife realize that Tommy is spending time on the computer again without proper supervision?

11. Claw says:

Reference point for Tom Wulf’s statement of ” I personally know that he (indicating Lester Kent Brown) was in for 20 years”

The total elapsed time from when Lester Kent Brown gained entry into the Army’s Delayed Entry Program on 28 Dec 78 until he was discharged from the Army National Guard on 22 Dec 94 is:

15 years, 11 months, 24 days

• Comm Center Rat says:

FWIW, The US Army White Pages list Lester Kent Brown as a “veteran” with the rank of Specialist. In other words, Les is not “retired” with the rank of Master Sergeant.

• Keepin' It Real says:

I think the years that were redacted represent his Classified period of service time while in Black Ops.

Brown-Black Ops

12. Keepin' It Real says:

Tom Wulf

13. Martinjmpr says:

I think you guys have it wrong. Apparently, according to Phoenix, Brown’s military service was so highly classified that his “combat patch” is a Top Secret cover sheet.

He is required to lock his ribbon rack in a GSA approved security container at night.

His retirement ceremony was held in a SCIF and everyone who attended was required to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement.

I wonder if we will get comments from other members of “Les Brown’s band of Clowns?”

They’ve got all this “glory” going on. So what are they doing for POWs? MIAs?

Almost seems like it’s all about them, not about the missing who are slowly being recovered and ID’d, or the POWs who suffered enormously in captivity.

• Martinjmpr says:

Bingo. It’s all “LOOK AT ME!” stuff.

• Ex-PH2 says:

Wow. That’s a lot of bling there.

Gee, I could set up a booth at a scifi con and sell badges and junk and make a few bucks, couldn’t I? Stuff like pins that say “Feed Space Marines. They’re starving!” or “Kill the Aliens”.

• Martinjmpr says:

You should start a campaign to “raise awareness” of the Mobile Infantry veterans who are still suffering from the wounds they sustained during the aborted invasion of Klendathu.

You could call your campaign “Would You Like To Know More?”

• Ex-PH2 says:

How about a Big Memorial to the Colonial Marines who get et up by Xenomorphs at LV246? Don’t they deserve a Memorial Pin, too? After all, LT Gorman finally snapped out of his comatose state at the end and went back to get Vasquez, which removed the “noonch” epithet from his files.

15. Martinjmpr says:

BTW, to PhoneniX: Someone should explain to you how “proof” works.

In “schoolyard” terms, you buddy Brown has been “called out.” So the next move is up to him. If he says he’s got documents that refute what is posted here – then let him whip it out and show us.

Brown’s not even a member of the two-NDSM brotherhood, much less all the other BS he’s rocking on that vest.

16. Charles says:

Phoenix:

It is almost impossible to prove a negative.
    “Prove he did not attend Airborne School!”

The Airborne School trains thousands of Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, as well as soldiers from allied countries, every year. Further, from time to time the Basic Airborne Course is taught away from Fort Benning (for example, as Annual Training for U.S. Army reserve Special Forces units). We could spend over a year going name by name through all records, seeking one Lester Kent Brown.

Or, Lester Kent Brown could produce one diploma and/or set of orders for the award of the Parachutist Badge and that can be quickly and easily validated by Ft. Benning. Case closed.

Thousands of Infantrymen were awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge for action during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Their names are scattered over dozens, if not hundreds of unit orders, from Active Component Units, Reserve Units and National Guard Units. It would be impossible to track down every unit and every order. But it would be very simple for Lester Kent Brown to simply show an order, or even a certificate (some units generated certificates suitable for framing for their soldiers). Given a date, unit, and location, the award of a CIB could be validated.
    And so on.

A set of orders or a certificate from J.F.K. Center for Special Warfare awarding him the 18 series MOS (or the “3” or “S”); a travel voucher sending him to the school with a class number — mine was 1-76 — can be double checked in minutes at Ft. Bragg.

A Ranger School Class is a simple number no graduate of the program of instruction would ever forget. In fact, his class photograph is available to the public at this web site:

Just ask Lester Kent Brown to go to his class, click on the photograph, and show us which one is him. (Mine is 8-74, I’m on the second row, all the way to the left, white T-shirt).

You could even do it live, on line, at your POW-MIA Meeting.

Dare you.

The only U.S. Army sanctioned jump shool teaching the basic course other than at Ft. Benning was one in Germany in the 1960’s. It ceased to operate sometime in 1968 or 1969. I recall seeing its 34 foot tower when I served with 2/509th PIR in 1969-1970. Since the basic course is three weeks long and requires drops from the 250 foot towers, I don’t see how Lester could have attended one during a two week summer camp. Moreover, his record of assignments shows he never served in any airborne unit, active duty or reserve components. So, I seriously question any leg NG
      unit ever sending him to Jump School.

P.S.: I have tried to look at my class photo on the link you provided but my class photo is still MIA. The only class photo shown for the 1969 FY is 12-69. Although, our cadre Company Commander, CPT Duncan, is in the photo for that class (he is front and center). He was almost as much “fun” as 1SGT Brinker.

• Ret_25X says:

He isn’t old enough to have gone to parachute school at Bad Tolz in any event.

Many of us went to Bad Tolz for various training sponsored or provided by 10th Group. They ran the refresher training for already qualified personnel but not for non-qualified personnel. In my experience as a training NCO running the ATRRS reservations, only LRSD ever got airborne training slots and then, only at Fort Benning, the only school that can qualify for the SQI.

The training was already closed to us “legs” back in 1988, and since this guy is my age, more or less, that means no, he didn’t go to basic parachute school there.

• Charles says:

Rgr769:
        As you see, the RTB and the USAIS did not keep copies of all photographs, and if you or a classmate bought one from the photographer, they would appreciate a good clear high resolution scan of it. I assume that there were in fact photographs taken at every graduation, the location was usually the bleachers just outside the hand to hand pits in the old two story wooden barracks but that has apparently changed over the years (all those buildings have been torn down, but there is a memorial sign where the old school used to be.)

And by the way, yes, there was an off site Basic Airborne Course taught at Ft. Devens, MA. If I recall correctly, it was the summer of 1978. During Annual training for the 11th Special Forces Group (USAR) Ft. Benning sent up a cadre of black hats, who together with jumpmasters from the 10th SF Group, conducted the two week mobilization POI and qualified a number of our soldiers. No towers. Just a ground week and a jump week. It allowed us to get new members of the unit Airborne qualified as “Annual Training” when we couldn’t get quotas and man-day-spaces for three weeks active duty at Ft. Benning.

Well color me shocked. I left Devens in 1974. I worked with the 11th one winter with my Psyop company for about week. One of the officers in the 11th was a guy I knew form our service in the 10th, but I can’t remember his name. (I just remembered his name: CPT English, I believe) They jumped into the woods near Truckee, CA for an E&E exercise in about 1977 or ’78. I was the POW camp commander. In any event, Brown was never in any reserve component unit that was airborne.

I will see if the one guy I can contact in my class has a copy of the photo. I know one was taken at the Florida Ranger Camp at Field 7 just after our tabbing ceremony.

• Charles says:

Don’t make me call you out Rgr769!
            🙂

The Florida Ranger Camp was also known as Biancur Field …

… and equally denoted as Auxiliary Field #6 at Eglin Air Force Base.

Much later, it was renamed Camp Rudder:

and over the years 24 Ranger students have died there in pursuit of the coveted Black and Gold Ranger Tab.

I knew it was Auxiliary Field 6 when I went there in 1973 for a free fall parachute competition as a member of the 101st Airborne Division Parachute Team. I was a competitor in the 3rd Annual POW/MIA Meet. (the irony is acute)

My team failed to place, in part because I wrenched my right knee out of alignment in a “downwind drive into the peas” under a Competition Para-Commander (you can look it up).

Two years later, I was again at Auxiliary Field #6 for the last phase of Ranger Class 8-74. Two highlights:
            1 – Discovering a “pilot chute kicker plate” on the former freefall drop zone from the competition. I picked it up, showed it to my fellow Ranger candidates, and said “This is a tale of woe.” Then I explained how it meant that over our heads, perhaps 1,500 feet or so, a parachutist in distress had jettisoned a malfunctioned main canopy and deployed a reserve. I was at risk of at least a “MINUS 10” from the cadre, since we had be warned that Eglin was an active bombing range and we were NEVER to touch ordinance or unknown items on the DZ. But, being more stupid than guileful, I explained to the cadre what a “kicker plate” was and how it represented a life saved. He gave me a pass, with a stern “Don’t ever do that again!”

2 – On one of our last assignments, we received an incoming encrypted message via FM voice. I decrypted the message and it said “return to Biancur Field and gave grid coordinates …”.

So, being a not too bright (but “First” Lieutenant , I asked the lane walker cadre “what is Biancur Field?” and with a disgusted tone of voice he said: “the Florida Ranger Camp. Your Florida Phase is over.”

Well, guess I was mistaken about the number of the auxiliary airfield. But then again, it was over 50 years ago when I rode that chartered bus down a sandy dirt road, as they scrubbed our jump into Eglin because of weather.

Many were injured, but none died in my class. In the two classes before mine, one Ranger student died of heat exhaustion and one or two others died in a lightning strike during the FTX in Florida.

Did they still have the huge gators in the concrete pond behind the camp HQ building in 1974?

I just read your link to Wiki above. Actually, I was correct. Florida Ranger Camp was at Field 7 for 20 years, until it was moved to Field 6 in 1970. I was graduated/tabbed at Field 7 in January 1969. So school is out.

• Charles says:

We are all getting too old. Yes, there was at least one huge one eyed gator in the concrete pond behind the HQ and the NCO club in 1974. Don’t know about today. I was last there about three years ago, the old NCO club had burned down but the new club was a beauty, dressed up nice like a Rafferty’s or a Chili’s. Good food and drinks, and the walls lined with historic photos.

• Ex-PH2 says:

That’s far too much hair on your head, fella! 🙂

17. Keepin' It Real says:

I can easily establish a Vietnam Veterans Purple Heart Awareness Society of Possumwallow Montana and have zero ties with any National Organization.

My mission can be to “raise awareness” which I have essentially accomplished by forming the organization. No further work required other than fundraising.

The “POW*MIA Elko Awareness Association” does not appear to have any direct tie or reporting responsibility to a National Organization. It is a local “awareness association” whatever that means.

The National League of POW*MIA Families appears to be legit.

I wonder if the National League of POW*MIA Families is aware of Les Brown and his fraudulent misrepresentation of his service? Les has his false bling on in the photo of him donating that giant check.

18. 11B-Mailclerk says:

(Crickets)

19. Sandman says:

I’ve been working with Militaryphony.com for about 9 years now, and what Phoenix fails to understand is when we submit an SF180 form we include the statement ‘Complete military history’ with every submission. That said everything above is Les Brown’s ‘complete military history’ period, if it were not you wouldn’t see the active/ NG time all included.

• Daisy Cutter says:

All that research and writing to official organizations and the premiere expert on DD-214s was right there in Elko, Nevada.

Who knew?

20. ChipNASA says:

And huh, I was wrong on Friday. Les pulled his Book of Face Page and we *DID* get a sockpuppet.
    YAY.

What a fucking mess.

• Claw says:

Chip, the Book of the Face is still there. Bet he went all vaginal and blocked you./s

• ChipNASA says:

Douchebag.

“He went all vaginal…”

I laughed.

I’m adding that to the The Hemisphere of Insults®™

“He went all vaginal. You *never* go all vaginal.”

• Claw says:

All Right!! I gained an addition to the HOI®™. My seat at the TAH Miscreant Dickweed’s Round Table is solidified./s

21. GDContractor says:

Geez. I hope he doesn’t join the Dutch Rudder Gang Club. That could be our worst nightmare!

• GDContractor says:

Gang

I’m torn as to whether we should call the Dutch Rudder Boyz a “club” or a “gang.” The latter implies they pose some kind of threat, which they don’t. If we keep getting POSers at the level of Lester here, maybe we should identify a higher lever of dutch rudderism. How about a Double Dutch Rudder Club, for the truly elite of POSerdom?

• GDContractor says:

Yeah. I always think of that old SNL skit about the Lowriders “it’s not a gang, it’s a club”.

22. Morgan Blake says:

In looking over Les Brown’s Facebook page, credit should be given where credit is due.

Les has beaten numerous people in Cookie Jam.

Well, it appears that Less really is less and his butt buddy covering for him is unwilling to admit there is a problem, so I offer this, which you who were there may remember, because it wouldn’t shut up.

24. Claw says:

While we’re waiting for the next appearance of Tom Wulf, AKA Sockpuppet PhoeniX, thought I’d go back about a year and a half and recapture some of the Valor Vultures whose total comment count put them in The Big Show. Pretty sure these will jog some memories and maybe a few more well aimed artillery rounds./s

Comment count and date of exposure are in parenthesis.

Frank Fischer (208/January 2018) Phony Ranger in a Tickle Monster Santa Claus suit.

Shane Kunzeman (324/February 2018) Phony Ranger SP4 Supply Clerk who got a canteen cup from his First Sergeant as a parting gift.

Donnie Kimball (268/March 2018) Phony Silver Star, Company Club pretzel re-supply clerk, who said all his records were burned in a fire when the NBA overran Khe Sanh.

Joel Thompson (200/April 2018) Phony Green Beret First Sergeant who Jonn described as a “E-1 Leg-Ass Dump Truck Driver.”

And most recently, Nathan Phillips (540/January 2019) who, undoubtedly needs no further introduction, coined the phrase “Vietnam Times.”

So Tom Wulf, if you’re reading this, this is the kind of Stolen Valor/Poser Company (Thanks to you) that Lester Kent Brown (266/as of 22 July 2019) will be associated with for the rest of his life.

• Sj says:

Re Donnie. The NBA overran Khe Sahn?

Re “E-1 Leg-Ass Dump Truck Driver.” Damn, I miss Jonn. That was one of a zillion classics.

Btw, we did eastern Yellowstone yesterday from Cody. Fond memories of 2016 with you, the Postmaster and 3/17. Gotta head east tomorrow.

• Sj says:

And Scooby

• Claw says:

Roger. Be careful on your way home, as I hear it’s a jungle out there in the Flatlands. My Mrs. says “Howdy” to your Mrs.

(Over)

• Sj says:

We love the west here in Wyoming and Montana. Haven’t seen a snowflake since we’ve been here. Men are men and the women are women who’ll kick your ass. We’ll see you next year.

• Mason says:

Kunzeman’s canteen cup. God that never gets old.

25. Charles says:

JUST POSTED ON THE ELKO POW-MIA AWARENESS FACEBOOK SITE

Elko POW*MIA Awareness Association
    Nonprofit Organization
    …emergency meeting Wednesday 7/24/19 @ 6:30pm Elko City Hall. Please be there to receive some very important information. We will also be having our regular General Membership meeting on Friday 7/26/19.

============================================

Hmmm,
    I wonder what the emergency meeting is about? Anyone? Anyone?

Maybe Lester will be presenting some NGB-22’s to support his bullshit stories about his military service that never happened. I am sure he is even now working on them.

• 26Limabeans says:

They enter the room and there is a stack of blank SF-180’s and some pens on the table.

• 3/10/MED/b says:

A hush fell over the rows, as the unspoken question washed over their mourns…

“Who would be the first to the quill?”

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

There was a pregnant pause… hands trembled…

• 26Limabeans says:

A lone man rises from his chair, then sits back down…..

• Ex-PH2 says:

…and then, everyone turned to look at the back row, at the back of the room, where sat Tang Putzyfuss, whose mother had so named him because the Moon was orange at night.

• Grunt says:

Their party pack of Colussuses showed up early.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

• 26Limabeans says:

“I wonder what the emergency meeting is about?”

Awareness. They have become aware of something.

• Daisy Cutter says:

Sometimes, as we are seeing, “awareness” has many jagged edges and sharp, unexpected turns.

But the Elko group are experts in dealing with awareness so I’m sure when the gavel sounds there will be clarity as to the direction they take.

• Daisy Cutter says:

[sarc]

Les Brown:

“I’d like to call this meeting to order. I will be calling upon the secretary to provide us with the minutes from the last meeting and the treasurer to give us an accounting of funds.

Before that, however, I’d like the recorder to keep track of how many times the words ‘aware’ and ‘awareness’ are used in this meeting.”

[/sarc]

• Ex-PH2 says:

In the widdershins world of the bloviating buffoon, when doubt is cast upon the gaseous exhalations of the whigmaleerie’s claims, emergencies spring out of nowhere.

(If the use of obscurities offend thee, read them not.)

26. Morgan Blake says:

I’ve been doing some preliminary looking into the “POW*MIA Elko Awareness Association” and what I’m seeing is interesting.

I stress that this is preliminary so I could be wrong on some points and I’d certainly invite Les Brown or Tom Wulf to shed some light on any of the following.

* In the newspapers, when they quote the work that is done to bring back MIAs, they are talking about DPAA and not the “POW*MIA Elko Awareness Association” in which the later is doing exactly what they say they are doing – bringing awareness.

* They fully admit that to bring awareness they ride around on motorcycles and display the POW*MIA flag. This certainly seems to fit its mission of bringing awareness.

* They do not appear to be a fraternal veterans organization. In fairness, they never claimed to be so this may be an assumption that I had and I’m sure others had. Would like to see the filings on their non-profit to see if they claim to be a veteran org.

* Along this same lines – MOST of the members do NOT appear to be veterans. In fact, the few that are veterans – Les and Tom – are National Guard. Not to take anything away from NG service, but it appears that they are the exalted ones that at LEAST have some military experience.

* Their vests and military-style “bling” appear to have a dual purpose: 1) promote an appearance of a veteran organization and 2) shield them from false military claims because they have their own “rank” and insignia like the Young Marines, Boy Scouts, Sea Cadets or other organization. Tom Wulf (i.e. PhoeniX) in fact claimed this very thing.

* Further, they appear to be basically a motorcycle club that got the idea of forming an awareness group with a military theme to give them a higher purpose. They have donated enough money to a legit POW*MIA group to possibly avoid scrutiny, but if they have been raising money fraudulently, the legit POW*MIA group may not want to be associated with them. To clarify – when I say “fraudulently” I mean Les Brown misrepresenting himself and his military service accomplishments while holding out a tin cup.

So, it begs the question can any group of people that ride around in motorcycles legitimize themselves by forming an awareness group and raising money under the banner of a greater cause?

I like to think that their efforts are noble, but Les appears to be a shady character of ill repute.

I say let’s not guess. Les Brown or Tom Wulf, who appear to be the only veterans in that group, can come forward and answer a few questions:

* How many members of the “POW*MIA Elko Awareness Association” are veterans?

* Does your organization have veteran-owned status?

* How much money do you raise and what percentage goes to POW*MIA causes other than your local awareness group?

• Ex-PH2 says:

So they’re kind of like a Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica club, where you can dress up in the uniform of your choice and give yourself the imaginary rank you wanted, e.g., Chief Engineer of Viper pilot, even though you don’t know the first thing about high-end nuclear physics or even hos to fly a kite, and ain’t nobody can tell you cain’t.

I’d be interested in how much of the money they raise is considered taxable vice nontaxable/exempt. It’s possible that their “books” do not bear close examination.

• Claw says:

Their “books” are maintained by a treasurer nick-named “Fingers.”

YMMV as to the “books” proper accountability./s

• Ex-PH2 says:

Oh, gee whiz, I thought maybe Louie La Cava might have had a hand in it. 🙂

27. 3/10/MED/b says:

Wondering if anyone else is “AWARE” where the money from selling POW*MIA “merchandise” is going.

Mmmm…

28. Mick says:

Please excuse this rhetorical question, but just WTF is going on with all of these clowns and their motorcycles and leather vests covered in military bling?

When/how did the leather vests covered in patches and other crap become a veteran ‘thing’?

I know quite a few legitimate veterans who ride motorcycles, and not one of them wears a leather vest. Not one. So knowing that, in addition to all of the ridiculous motorcycle and leather vest poser bullshit that we regularly see here at TAH, now whenever I see someone in a leather vest covered in military bling, I immediately think: POSER.

It’s almost as if they’re issued a leather vest along with a vast array of unearned military patches and accoutrements when they attend their highly selective Poser 101 recruit training that’s held every summer at a ‘classified location’.

• Ex-PH2 says:

I think you have a choice of answers:

– weak egos
      – wanting to “belong”
      – Walter Mitty syndrome
      – weak egos, etc.

• Mason says:

“not one of them wears a leather vest. Not one.”

I know one (retired military no less). He can be kind of an idiot sometimes. He had to be talked him out of putting his dad’s WWII medals on “in tribute”.

• Martinjmpr says:

To answer your question seriously, it goes back to roughly the mid 1990’s.

I started riding motorcycles in 1982. Back then, there were basically two types of riders: Harley riders, and everybody else. Everybody else includes those (like me) who rode inexpensive Japanese bikes, but also British, European, etc. The HD guys considered themselves to be “hardcore” and pretty much kept to themselves. HD riders generally tended to cultivate the “outlaw image” but only a tiny percentage of HD riders were actually “outlaw bikers” (Hells Angels and such.)

Back then, it was customary for motorcyclists to wave at each other as they passed on the road (many still do, including me, most of the time.) BUT, if you rode a non-Harley, it was rare that an HD rider would ever wave back. That’s just the way it was.

ANYWAY, throughout the 1970’s and 80’s, the Japanese bike makers tried to make motorcycles that copied the “outlaw” image, but always done on what were obviously Japanese bikes. These didn’t fool anybody and even though they were popular sellers, they weren’t really respected by either hard core motorcycle enthusiasts or HD riders.

Around 1990 or so, things started changing. For one thing, many baby boomers became “empty nesters” with disposable income, and all of a sudden that $10,000 Harley that was always out of reach became something they could afford. By the mid 1990’s, owning a Harley dealership was like having a license to print money. Not only that, but the Japanese manufacturers finally got the “Harley Look” just right and started making motorcycles that, from a distance, were almost identical to Harleys.

From about the mid 1990’s all the way through the economic crash of 2007, sales of “Cruiser” style motorcyles (I.e. Harleys and their copies) went through the roof.

In many cases, the buyers were 40-something boomers who had either never owned a motorcycle, or who had maybe owned one when they were in their teens or twenties. But with disposable income, they could finally indulge their Walter Mitty fantasies of being a “badass biker.”

At the same time, movies, television shows and other receptacles of pop culture started focusing on the “biker” phenomenon. The late 90’s saw the “chopper craze” with TV shows like “American Chopper” and custom motorcycle builders like Jesse James becoming minor celebrities.

Many of these pop-culture accounts of biker-dom detailed (and usually exaggerated) the connection between disaffected Vietnam veterans and bikers. This can be seen as far back as the first “Rolling Thunder” motorcycle rally in Washington DC which dates back to 1988 when “Vietnam Nostalgia” was at its peak.

Timing wise, what is interesting to note is that the “popularity” of “Vietnam culture” preceded the “biker” phenomenon, but only by a few years.

In any case, by the late 90’s the “Vietnam Veteran Biker” had become a well established cliché in the Motorcycle world, to such an extent that if, for example, you went to one of the two big motorcycle rallies in the US (Daytona in March or Sturgis, SD in August), you would encounter a sea of bearded, gray-haired, leather-vest clad “bikers”, most (but not all) on Harleys, and most rocking the yellow and red striped Vietnam service ribbon or some other VN war accoutrement.

Even as far back as 2005 I noticed that there seemed to be 5 “mandatory patches” that every vest had to have:

1. Loud Pipes Save Lives
      2. Helmet Laws Suck
      3. Jane Fonda, American Traitor Bitch
      4. DILLIGAF (Do I Look Like I Give A F**K)
      5. Something about Vietnam

I often think the “Vietnam vet biker” has become such an archetype that some folks pretend to be VN vets just to “fit in.”

Even now, I sometimes go to motorcycle events where it seems as though there are an impossible number of “Vietnam veterans” wearing biker bling, including some who look younger than my 57 years – which is a problem because I was in Junior High school when the NVA tanks crashed into Saigon in 1975 so if there is anyone younger than me claiming VN service, they must have been some kind of super badass 6th grade commando.

Anyway, I know that’s a long, drawn out answer and probably more than most cared to know, but I thought it was worth sharing. I’ve watched the rise of the “Vietnam vet biker” phenomenon for years with a bit of amusement, as has my dad (who actually IS a Vietnam veteran, although he’s never owned a motorcycle.)

• 26Limabeans says:

Nailed it!
        I lived through all of that and you nailed it.

First bike was BSA 441 Victor Special.
        Last bike was Harley Wide Glide.

I have owned over ten motorcycles in past 36 years. None was a Harley. I won’t pay tens of thousands for 1950’s technology. The Japanese bikes are so much better than Harleys and any of the European and Brit bikes. I have ridden all the way to Sturgis and back once, but on a Honda ST1100. I was surprised to see it was the only one in over 300,000 motorcycles. Over 90% of the bikes at Sturgis that year (2009) were Harleys. I wish I had a dollar for all the Harleys I passed stopped along the freeways because they were overheated on the way to Sturgis.

• Mustang Major says:

My first bike was a BSA 441 also. Bought new in 1970 while in high school. Last bike was a Ducati 996. Bunch of Harley’s in between those bikes. I keep seeing nice 441’s on eBay. I might get one or a Segway for around the ‘hood.

Moved on from Harley’s because everyone seemed to have one.

• 26Limabeans says:

Bought my 441 in Germany 1969 against the wishes of the CO. Probably why I got sent to Nam. Drove it through France, Luxembourg and Belgium to Antwerp for shipping.
            Picked it up in Elizabeth NJ during a snowstorm and rode all the way to Boston.
            I can still remember the S/N
            HD00119

• Martinjmpr says:

I forgot to elaborate that after the 9/11 attacks and the subsequent wars, post-Vietnam vets started to copy the “Vietnam vet biker” style with the leather vest, patches, etc.

Now that we are 18 years into the various Middle East/Central Asia wars, the number of post 9/11 “Veteran bikers” is starting to edge out the “Vietnam bikers.”

However, the post-Vietnam veteran bikers don’t have (and IMO will never have) the cachet or the “street cred” of the VN bikers because the Vietnam war still occupies the cultural space of the “Noble Lost Cause”, which the “modern” wars do not.

• AndrewDangerously says:

That’s a really interesting opinion. I never considered the Vietnam War to be a nobel lost cause, but rather just international overstepping due to fear mongering over commuinism.

whereas I consider the war in Afghanistan to be born out of 9/11, which was my generation’s Pearl Harbor.

• Mustang Major says:

Good observation Mrtinjnpr. Here are my thoughts on the subject.

I started to notice 20 or so years ago, that some guy working in a printshop would buy a Harley from a dealer, with about $1,500 down and credit, put on an aftermarket exhaust system, and all of a sudden become “old school” or “original gangster” and start looking the part and try to blend into the biker lifestyle.

Soon after the bike purchase comes the vest, beer gut, wraparound sunglasses, facial hair and tattoos. Once all of that is in place, they develop the symbolic behavior of their perceived image of a hard core biker. They then start associations with others of the same mentality. Now it is easy for them to snowball their B.S. Why so easy? Because it is something like a professional courtesy not to question other’s B.S.

This is Les Bronchiole in a nutshell.

• Martinjmpr says:

The reason there is so much “crossover” between “Wannabe bikers” and Stolen Valor posers is because both of are examples of someone with a boring or unfulfilled life trying to live out a Walter-Mittyesque fantasy of being a bad-ass “tough guy.”

Whether it’s the middle-class Insurance Contract Analyst who dons his leather vest and climbs onto his Harley and transforms into “Spike”, the “road captain” for the Tough Guys MC, or the former PLL Clerk at Fort Polk who dons the green beret and CIB, they are cut from the same cloth.

The unspoken and unquestioning “code of silence” seems to be “I’ll accept your BS if you accept mine.”

And with the ratio of “posers” to “the real deal” likely being 10:1, few are likely to ask too many questions.

29. 3/10/MED/ says:

It’s a package deal. Comes with the SEAl Trident, Ranger tab, SF Green Beret, CIB with a star, staged picture at a Veterans Memorial, and some poor dog that wants to break leash and find a new home.

30. 3/10/MED/b says:

Well, shit. My “L” went lower case.

Awaiting incoming…

31. Mustang Major says:

I wonder if the Elko Daily news will find the Les Brown storm interesting? Should find out soon.

32. Charles says:

The POW MIA ELKO Awareness Association is a non-profit duly registered by the IRS under Employer Identification Number
    EIN: 20-8089093 with a registered address of
    Spring Creek, NV, United States.

Because it reports income of under $50,000 per year, it does not file full Form 990 tax returns, instead it files an annual (literally postcard) report declaring that it had income of less than $50,000 for the prior year. Here is a web site for the latest reports:

The name and address on the postcard tax report is Les Brown. He is shown as the principal officer and his residence is the organization’s mailing address (not unusual for small 501(C)3 non-profits).

============================================

BREAK:

The Association, as noted above and as reflected on their Facebook page, will be having an Emergency Meeting July 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm at the Elko City Hall.
    QUOTE: “Please be there to receive some very important information.”
    One comment from an apparent member asks what I consider to be an excellent idea:

“Maybe you could live stream the meeting on Facebook for those of us that can’t attend.”

• 26Limabeans says:

They had a regular board meeting scheduled for that slot anyway so must not be a very important emergency.
      Maybe it’s just me but the word emergency means “like right now”. Kinda like when the pilot declares an IFE.

RAZOR 21: Uh..we are declaring an IFE…

BASE OPS: ROGER RAZOR 21…we have you scheduled for next Wednesday at 18:30 HOW COPY?

RAZOR 21: Uh..you got anything for today?

33. PTBH says:

I would like to summarize where things are at with Les Brown and his POW*MIA organization.

* LES BROWN (Commander) – We have been in contact with Mr. Brown’s old Squad Leader and Platoon SGT. In addition, his old Commander has been notified. Most of the following are their paraphrased direct statements.
    – When he first came to guard drills they exclaimed that Les Brown was a junior John Wayne but then started checking his records and discovered he’s was not authorized for most of his awards.
    – Les Brown only made it to E-4 and he was discharged for not making it to guard drills.
    – People that have seen Brown’s records confirm they are not sealed and he was never was awarded half the stuff he claims – only the diver badge.
    – Brown was never a SGT let alone MSG.
    – He couldnt even show up for guard drills
    – They felt Brown was a total fake back then, so his behavior now does not surprise them.
    – He claimed he was a ranger which he wasn’t he has been wearing E-7 rank wich he was never an E-7.
    – One drill in national guard he was wearing ranger tab, would never take it off.
    – In 1996, they were doing mob stuff for their yearly check up. Brown couldn’t even set up a training booby trap.
    – They felt he was always a thorn in their side.
    – Their readiness NCO checked Brown’s file when he came to their first drill and you would’ve thought he was in WWII all the bling he had on his uniorm.
    – Brown was finally discharged in Elko for not making guard drills.

* TOM WULF (Vice Commander)
    – Tom Wulf is the poster “PhoeniX.” Wulf won’t admit it but also does not deny it. It is a dilemna since he wants to defend his organization but not be attributable for direct statements.
    – Tom Wulf’s Facebook page claims he was in the Navy in 2012 but we don’t believe that is an accurate claim. https://www.facebook.com/tom.wulf.3
    – DoD Manpower / SCRA shows no active duty Navy for Thomas Alfred Wulf. SCRA does not record reserve service other than activation to active duty, but sometime it does not record all activation. However, for straight active duty, it is 96-98% accurate. So it appears that Wulf was in the Navy Reserve if he served at all in the Navy. There is enough there to order his military records and see where it all goes. It is important to point out that no conclusions can be drawn, but his NPRC military records should reveal a lot.
    – Wulf had service in the National Guard, having been activated twice according to DoD Manpower / SCRA. Once for about a year from 2001-02 and another for two years 2006-08. Last rank we were able to determine was he was an E-7 serving with a Transportation company.
    – In their organization’s mission statement and by-laws, they state that “We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (FEIN #20-8089093) dedicated to the support of all Veterans…” yet Tom Wulf was quick to attack other veteran groups that bring awareness to the issue of Stolen Valor. Could Tom Wulf be only an advocate of other veterans if they support his cause of Elko Nevada POW*MIA awareness? It is just telling that Wulf is so quick to violate his own by-laws, especially him being Vice-Commander of his organization. Also, the statement does in fact imply that they are a veteran’s organization and I feel this is a misrepresentation if they are only talking about a few members.

* OTHER OFFICERS
    – I won’t mention names for now, but we randomly looked at other officers in their POW*MIA organization and the first three beyond Les and Tom showed no active duty military service in DoD Manpower / SCRA. If they served at all, it may have been in the Reserve and SCRA may not have picked it up. Military records should confirm this. However, it must be kept in mind that there is no claim of military service and we’re not sure it is even a requirement for membership.
    – There may be others, but we stopped at the first three after Les and Tom. We suspect the pattern to continue but then again, we may come across others with military service.
    – Stated another way – with the first three random officers we looked at not appearing to have active duty military service, it is certainly telling. It is not conclusive or nefarious, but it does underscore that this may not be a veteran organization when it appears on the surface to be. Perhaps nobody should be making an assumption that this is a registered fraternal veterans organization since it appears it is not.

* FAKE SEAL
    Also, Les Brown appears in several photos with a man that wears a SEAL trident but is not showing up in the SEAL-BUD/S database. It is not clear if this man is part of Les Brown’s POW*MIA awareness organization.

At this early juncture, it appears that this is a band of random people that enjoy riding motorcycles and ultimately decided to organize. The other possibility is the motorcycles came after the organization. They also most likely thought that there would be more value and perhaps more legitimacy to tie themselves to a greater cause. Nothing wrong with that. Somewhere along the way they became authority on all things veteran and even held a “POW*MIA Chili Feed” function that honored Bowe Bergdahl. https://elkodaily.com/news/local/bringing-the-missing-home/article_a3c250bc-a325-11e0-a1c5-001cc4c03286.html

So, several people in this organization deserve some scrutiny if not the entire organization. Maybe there will be nothing there, but there are enough questions that it prompts a closer look.

34. Comm Center Rat says:

Rumor has it the POW MIA Elko Awareness Association is facing DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION at the Emergency Meeting scheduled for 1830L on July 24th at Elko City Hall.

• Keepin' It Real says:

They are being overrun by the NBA.

Their best CoA is to play dead.

CoA = Course of Action for you civilians

35. Daisy Cutter says:

I can see the meeting playing out like this…

BROWN: OK, the first thing is we need a lawyer. Well, maybe not a lawyer but a paralegal.

[SILENCE]

BROWN: Maybe not a paralegal but someone, anyone, with legal experience.

OFFICER#1: I used LegalZoom to fill out a permit when I built my shed.

BROWN: Good enough. Next thing is we need a SME, or Subject Matter Expert, for DD-214s.

TOM: That would be me.

BROWN: Perfect. Next, we need a Public Affairs expert.

OFFICER#2: I was on TV when that tornado came through my yard.

BROWN: You’ll do. Next, we need an accountant.

FINGERS: I’m the treasurer.

BROWN: That’s exactly why you can’t do it. When I say accountant, I mean we need someone to take the fall should the math not add up.

FINGERS: How about Spanky? He hasn’t been right since that brick bounced of his head.

BROWN: Spanky will work. Next, we need…

IN UNISON: How about you, Les? What are you going to do to mitigate this crisis?

BROWN: Think of this as a bee hive. I’m the queen. You must protect the queen at all costs. The queen never gets any honey on her stinger. That’s the job of the worker bees. Now, repeat after me…

UNISON: NO HONEY ON LES’S STINGER.

• 26Limabeans says:

“the first thing is we need a lawyer”

Yeah, like when you first started the organization Specialist Brown.

The sad part of this is the kids I see in the photos. They proudly take part in a noble effort while being duped by an adult.
      A veteran adult.
      That is the tragety of this affair.

36. Comm Center Rat says:

“It depends on how you define ‘awareness’ and ‘association’ in terms of our 501(c)(3) charitable organization’s outreach and advocacy.” ~ Les Brown interviewed by Bill Payer, IRS Supervisory Agent (NV Desert District Office)

37. MarineDad61 says:

UPDATE – OH OH! – Secretary Laura Adams of the Elko POW MIA has issued an official comment on the Elko Daily Free Press page on Facebook — [paste] (Laura Adams) — As an association this will be our only written statement about the false accusations against our Director Les Brown. First of all, we as an association stand behind him fully. We have all seen the documentation proving that all the claims against him are false and were made by people with limited information. If you are personally interested in seeing this documentation please attend a meeting or contact Les Brown personally. We do not feel it is necessary to provide personal information to the internet. We fully understand that there will be claims that this documentation does not exist, is fake or is altered, and that is their prerogative. The people that need to have it or need to know this documentation is authentic, already have it and already know. Our vests are another point we would like to talk about. Many of us have things on our vests that were given to us in memory of someone. We have pins and patches that we didn’t “earn” and we have never claimed to. We are NOT a Military ran organization and our Veterans are not in uniform. No laws or codes have been broken. Many of our members are not Military and have never claimed to be. We would also like to point out that we are not a motorcycle club or chapter. We use motorcycles as a tool to grab the public’s attention to bring awareness to the POW/MIA mission. Many in our association do not own bikes. Our goals as an association are clear: To bring awareness to our POW/MIA Military personnel and to help support the National League of POW/MIA Families and other local charities of our choice. We are guided by the principals of Freedom, Sacrifice, Liberty and Brotherhood to ensure that we maintain our focus on the issue at hand. Thank you…POW/MIA Elko Awareness Association. [end paste]

38. Sarge says:

Wow…need to remind myself not to drink the kool-aid next time I am in Elko.

39. Sarge says:

I wonder if we can mail them a bag of Space Shuttle Door Gunner badges?

It’s 3am in Elko as a lone Harley heads out of town with a soft rumble. It stops and idles for a while at the city limits then roars away.

Later that morning a black vest is found draped over the “leaving Elko NV” sign. Stripped of all bling and set on fire.

A lone lizard cries out.

41. 3/10/MED/b says:

E very
    L iar
    K eeps
    O obstinacy.

Happy Sunday to all.

42. marinedad61 says:

RIP US Marine LCPL Bravo. —- I have been informed that LES BROWN and the Elko POW MIA group performs an annual Bravo Memorial in Elko…. AND… that LES BROWN repeatedly spins LIES about his own (non-existent) combat at these memorials. It disgusts an Iraq Vet in Elko who has been visiting these memorial services each year, now sees all this going on with Les, and has reached out to me. — Shame on you, Les. — STOLEN VALOR — Perhaps someone ELSE should be holding these annual memorials for a heroic US Marine. — https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/18261465/raul-samuel-bravo

43. Mr. Friendly1776 says:

Anyone ask why Les Brown’s combat vet son hasn’t been seen or heard from in a long time?

General membership meeting tonight: