Boomer’s Sunday

| October 24, 2021

It’s time once again, Delta Whiskies and Whiskettes, for Boomer’s Sunday, where I cull through his weekly offering of ‘toons, and pick the best. Honorable Mention goes to my pals AW1 Scott, AW1 Rod, and our own OAM, rgr1480, President Elect Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman, Cameron, Skippy, HMCS(FMF) ret, Poetrooper, Mason, Jeff LPH 3 63-66, thebesig, Keepin’ It Real, Snake, and Ex, who also have provided some entertainment. These are mostly from the right, with humor scattered around. I am more than willing to post up differing points of view if they don’t annoy me. Now what could be fairer than that? So here we are, with the ‘toons that may amuse, make you think, or just piss you off.

Category: Guest Post, Humor, Satire

Good stuff once again!!!

2. Jeff says:

To whoever made the meme about the soba truck at Iwakuni, you brought back a flood of memories! I don’t know when that photo was taken but, I swear that’s the same “Smiley” I bought soup from (extra pork) in the mid eighties! I was assigned to H&MS 15 so I saw him every day.
    Semper Fi!

• Milo Mindbender says:

Never met that “smiley”, but I used to eat at the “Katusa Snack Bar” while I was stationed @ Yongsan ROK, and that was probably most similar exercise for my immune system.

• FuzeVT says:

Never been to Iwakuni, but I had lots of Soba in Okinawa.

The most dangerous thing I had was Shawarma in Al Asad from a vendor.

One thing I did have that others might remember is hot dogs from Mr. John Tewkesbury (sp?) at the Stone Bay Rifle Range at Camp Lejeune.

3. 5JC says:

I still don’t think it is right to make fun of Biden for being ill and exhibiting signs of his dementia like contractures.

Bob Dole famously had contractures as a result of service connected wounds but of course Biden never went near any war. Dole normally carried a pen in his hand and perhaps they could do something similar for Biden.

4. KoB says:

Cannot.pick.favorite.

Tanks Mateys, I needed that.

5. Mason says:

Please don’t compare Jackie Coogan to those two clowns. He was a USAAF glider pilot in WWII. Flew with the 1st Air Commando Group in the CBI Theater. Was the lead glider pilot on a flight to bring a bunch of British commandos 100 miles behind enemy lines.

Glider pilots were the only ones who planned to crash behind enemy lines on every mission.

• Hatchet says:

Thank you, Mason!

• Thunderstixx says:

CBI Theatre, worst imaginable place on Earth to hold a war.
      Anyone that served over there deserves at minimum a Bronze Star just for actually showing up.
      You never read anything good about being at war in any of those areas.
      Didn’t know that about Jackie Coogan, it’s amazing how many of the people we grew up watching and respecting served when their country needed them.
      James Doohan “Scotty” was wounded on D-Day by friendly fire and was highly decorated Canadian Lieutenant with the Field Artillery. He was awarded many levels of medals for his bravery as he landed on Juno Beach and fought his way across the European Theatre with the rest of the “Canucks” and the Allies.
      Quite the story and quite the man.

6. Hatchet says:

Another great round of THE best Sunday Funnies ANYWHERE. Thank you, AW1Ed and Crew!

7. gitarcarver says:

AW1Ed,

One of us won’t comment on one of the quotes that is false.

We went through that before.

(and yes, I am making light of the whole thing.)

😀

8. Thunderstixx says:

Reading this can lead me to only ONE conclusion……

We are fucking DOOMED !!!!!

DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEDDDDD I SAY !!!!!!