Navy sets policy allowing transgenders to join the Navy

| June 7, 2021 | 29 Comments

Transgender service members at a hearing on Capitol Hill. (Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP)

The Navy has made it official that transgenders can apply to openly serve in the Navy. They must meet service requirements if they are to be accepted, and maintain those requirements while serving. This is the same policy for the those who are not transgender. The Navy policy protects transgendered Sailors from being adversely impacted solely based on their being transgendered.

From the Navy Times:

All transgender persons who wish to serve in the United States Navy and can meet the appropriate standards shall be able to do so openly and free from discrimination,” the Navy said in a NAVADMIN released June 3. “The Navy remains committed to treating all persons with dignity and respect.”

“No person, solely on the basis of gender identity, will be denied accession, involuntarily separated or discharged, denied reenlistment or continuation of service, or subjected to adverse action or mistreatment,” the NAVADMIN said.

According to the new guidance, a service member must receive a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria from a military medical provider or civilian medical provider stipulating a gender transition is “medically necessary” to get the ball rolling on transition-related treatment.

A medical treatment plan will be crafted, and the service member will seek approval from their commanding officer concerning the timing of their request, the Navy said.

The Navy Times has more on the story here.

Category: Navy

1. Hack Stone says:

Sounds like a good idea. A few months of Basic Training, four months to a year and change to get the specialty training, check into their first command, and BAM!!! Non-deployable while undergoing gender reassignment. Between pre-op medical and psychological exams, post operation convalescence leave, and follow up medical appointments, the Navy should see a return in their training dollars in about never. Don’t worry, that Petty Officer 2nd Class won’t mind doing back to back deployments.

• KoB says:

That about sums it up Hack Stone. Don’t forget the lifetime supply of specialty meds that will be required. We can only hope that the mental disorders they have will cause them to take themselves out of the drain on taxpayer resources they will cause.

Not happy with what the Good Lord gave you? Fine, change it! Just don’t expect me to pay for it. And btw, I don’t want to pay for you murdering your unwanted baby either.

• Anonymous says:

Two year enlistment, gone, then the remaining six years in IRR blown-off. Great for readiness.

2. Hack Stone says:

The Navy threw any standards of enlistment out the window when Hunter Biden got a Direct Commission to a Naval Reserve Public Affairs Command.

3. Myopic says:

But for 20 years I couldn’t get LASK on my eyes. but you can get a addadicktome? WTF NAVY?
    Why bother with male/female berthings heads anymore.

[Edited to remove PII -Mason]

4. Anonymous says:

Life imitates art…

5. ChipNASA says:

OK, since none of you are brave enough to do it…

Um,
    Ahem…

“No, even if it still had a clam, WTF, isn’t that Mr Six??
    No, and I hope you’re not wearing flats.
    No, not you Karen, or is it Ken. WTF, I can’t tell.
    No, Dude, I mean Bruh, I mean, well whatever, I can’t tell, get back to the hospital, you have a few appointment left and/or you’re not even trying and,
    No, I don’t care what the y say about going black, Um, just NO.

SO, that concludes today’s Safety Brief, even if it’s Monday, thanks for coming, push in your chairs (I *didn’t* say stools), pick up your trash and the last one, get the lights out the door.

(That being said, this *is* worth the quick watch) 😀

• Old tanker says:

Yep that did indeed look like a real Sgt Maj there. Expression and choice deletions all in character. Loved the last scene with Pvt Snuffy deciding to change his weekend plans and abandon his cart.

• ChipNASA says:

First time I watched this I thought it was over with the black kid and the beef jerky and I closed it out a little early and missed that part. THAT part made it even funnier.
        “PLOT TWIST: “This is Installation Sergeant Major, Michael J. Hendges at his part time job after hours.” 😀

I was shocked that the military would allow such jocularity in 2017, these days with PC and all how it is and even with President Trump at the time.

6. E4 Mafia '83-'87 says:

Transgenders will be as welcome to your command/duty station/work center/division as fart in a space suit. You can’t treat them as “special” because its wrong to single them out. But if you don’t treat them as “special” you’re wrong not recognizing their “courage”. If you give them a wide berth, you’re wrong for ignoring/freezing them out because that’s supposedly crueler than picking on or making fun of people which is practically an art form for service members. Plus, all their emotional needs that genuinely go along with persons that are 40% more likely to attempt suicide. Yeah, they’re about as easy to handle as radioactive nitroglycerin. Good luck to all those that must serve with them. Your jobs all just got a little riskier.

7. MarineDad61 says:

Just might fit this topic.
    INCOMING… FRAG…
    From none other than CAROL ANN BADONI,
    chronicled in MP & VG September 2020.

Remember, the Kenosha protester CPR hero??

All visible here in this Public Group on the Book of Fake.
    [Racine County News/Scanner Group
    Public group 14.6K members]

[Carol Badoni
    I am a veteran u assholes never said I did 20 years CNN did.
    · 1h]

[Carol Badoni
    Twitter account was hacked so didn’t put that info up nor did I make a go fund me account. I’m 80% service connected and was in the National Guard just for Basic Training and part of school before a training accident sent me home. I never said I was a U.S Marshal what I said was I did a training program for the Daytona Police Department called CERT which stands for Community Emergency Response Team. I Earned my first aid training through Red Cross not through the army nor did I say that. And yes I do have a record but why is that anyone’s business? I’ve made mistakes but who hasn’t? I don’t know how all that wrong information got out there. All I told everyone i had a interview with was I’m a veteran.
    · 1h]

8. Stacy0311 says:

So these Jerry’s kids will be real popular on submarines I bet. Probably see the first incident of “person” overboard while submerged

IF they have a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, wouldn’t that preclude them from a security clearance? You know, history of mental illness/disease/defect.

• NHSparky says:

Halfway nights should get real interesting, not to mention, “crossing the line”.

Oh wait, they’ve already gutted those too.

Said it before, will say it again: much ado about nothing. Given their mental health issues (suicidal idealation? Okay, buh-bye, thanks for playing) and just acclimation in boot camp will remove all but MAYBE a handful of recruits.

And were I still a bag toting recruiter, I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way or waste the time/paper to put one on deck, knowing the chances of them even clearing med decks at MEPS would be somewhere between zip and point shit, even if some CFR loser told me I needed that body on the 28th of the month so NRD could make goal.

9. ninja says:

The Navy is now catching up.

In April, the Air Force and Space Force were “the first services to republish their transgender policies after the Biden administration reversed the Trump-era ban on allowing service members to pursue gender transition”:

“Transgender Airmen, Guardians Guaranteed Equal Opportunity Under New Policy”

10. MarineDad61 says:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…..

A 40 year old gay white male pretended to be female on Tinder
    to catfish and suck teenage black cock.

When the 18 year old Virginia Tech football player went back for seconds,
    and realized this time it’s NOT a female,
    he pummeled the guy to death.

No one here in this story will be joining the Navy anytime soon.