Monday FGS

| May 3, 2021 | 21 Comments

Confederate Calvary Sword

Suspect in Ardmore dispensary robbery shot dead

ARDMORE, Okla. (KXII) – A suspect is dead after getting shot during an armed robbery at an Ardmore dispensary.

It happened around 8 p.m. Friday at the Highest Choice dispensary on Grand Avenue and H Street in Ardmore.

Police say the suspect went inside armed with a handgun, and the employee got out a gun.

They say shots were fired and the suspect was shot and died on scene.

Police arrested a woman who was in the suspect’s car, Melissa Love,

She was booked into the Carter County Jail for conspiracy to commit robbery.

0 / 2 / 0
KVXII.com

Category: Feel Good Stories

1. KoB says:

I guess Melissa was looking for “Love” in all the wrong places? I’m sure that “Big Bertha” and “Strapon Sally” will show her plenty of “Love”.

Good linky to the article here:

Pawn Stars show had their “Appraiser” come in to look at a a McElroy Sword and Griswold Revolver a few years back. The owner’s story fit the time line. “Appraiser” said he’d never heard of either one. That’s when I quit watching that farce of a show. Going by the pictures they showed and the story lie with chain of custody from the owner (items were carried by his ancestor when he fought for the CSA), they were real. Sword $12K and up, pistol $25-35K and up these days.

2. President Elect Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH Neanderthal B Woodman Domestic Violent Extremist SuperStraight says:

Com’on, ‘Ed.
    I know you post these early, and there’s likely too much blood in your caffeine stream, but this jumped off the screen at me (and I’ve had zero caffeine so far this oh-dark-too-damn-early.
    You have the “score”at 0/2/0. Shouldn’t it be 1/1/0?

3. Skippy says:

What a last name for his BFF

😂😀🙃😅😆🤣

4. Anonymous says:

Off-topic, but check out the new CIA recruitment ad… snowflakes have taken over:

5. David says:

A childhood dream punctured… I read that the basket hilt covering the back of the hand really didn’t come in till the 1800s. All those pirate cutlasses with the covered hilts… sheer Hollywood. Next thing ya know you’ll be telling me guns invented in 1873 weren’t in common use forty years earlier!

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

The “Gun that Won the West” may have been arguably a Winchester, but the ammo that Won was the five-in-one blank.

At least according to Hollyweird.

Actually, basket hilts were found prior to 1800. The basket hilted Scottish claymore predates 1800. The guard of the 1847 and 1860 models of U.S. cavalry sabers was copied from those of French and Polish sabers of the Napoleonic period.

As regards Hollywierd movies, there are numerous ones attempting to depict events occurring during the civil war and the late 1860’s where the actors are armed with Colt Single Action Army’s. This likely happened because they shoot the five in one blanks which were readily available. I doubt the prop guys wanted to reload percussion revolvers with loose powder and wadding for take 14 of some shootout scene.

• Anonymous says:

At the very least, the cavalry sabers used in Civil War pictures and Westerns pre-WW2 were likely real as Hollywood bought them cheap as military surplus after World War I.

Yes, 1860’s were dirt cheap back in the 20’s and 30’s. Even 30 years ago one could score one for less than $200. I have one a friend bought at an estate sale for about $90.00. I traded him a pistol that was worth $200 for it in about 1990. It is now worth about $850, even though I beat up the scabbard on my horse in a couple of Civil War re-enactments. The next year I bought a repo and saved the piece of history that was made in 1864.

6. SFC D says:

Can someone please tell me exactly what a “Confederate Calvary Sword” is?

Sure, they are swords carried by very devout Christians serving in the Confederacy, but while attending church services.

(Can’t believe we all overlooked that misspelling. I even started to write a technical response about swords carried by CSA cavalry units.)