Saturday FGS

| February 20, 2021 | 14 Comments

S&W 686

SELF DEFENSE GUN STORIES PODCAST
Episode 226

“Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight” proved to be true for a Levy County man

BRONSON, Fla. (WCJB) – The saying “don’t bring a knife to a gun fight” proved to be true in Levy County

According to sheriff’s deputies, they found 34-year-old Jeffrey Gregg with a gunshot wound to the abdomen on NE 136th Ave east of Bronson.

Witnesses said Gregg got into an argument with neighbors earlier Thursday, making threats and firing warning shots from his gun into the air.

He later returned to his neighbors property with two knives.

0 / 1 / 0
Reads the entire article here: WCJB

The Constitution shall never be construed . . . to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
– Samuel Adams

Category: Feel Good Stories

1. Slow Joe says:

AW1Ed doesn’t sleep.

He posts at 0400.

2. Slow Joe says:

Ah, eastern time vs mountain time.
    Got it. Two hours difference.

I think I am getting slower.

3. KoB says:

Taking 2 knives to a gunz fight just means the perp is twice as stoopid…and will get you shot twice as fast. “…illegal drugs may have been involved…” Ya think?

S&W 686…Classic Beauty, Light Artillery Hand Cannons…*sigh*

4. Old tanker says:

If one has a photo of a peacekeeping device on their computer, how does one transmit said photo tp the person for use in the FG section?

5. President Elect Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman Domestic Violent Extremist says:

If/when this gunz & ammo debacle ever dies down, I’d like to get a few revolvers.
    Starting with one or two Rugers that shoot 38/357, with a separate cylinder for 9mm.
    Then look at a S&W 38/357.
    And somewhere in there, a SAA copy for 45LC.
    But, so far, all is dream and fantasy.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt, fun gun.

If you like your Cowboy toys a bit more modern, the very similar Blackhawk has adjustable sights, and can be had with cylinders for .45 Colt and .45ACP.

Ruger also makes both in .38/.357.

I shoot two Ruger old style three screw Blackhawks in .357 for cowboy action shooting. They are the most accurate pistols I own. One has the factory brass trigger guard/blackstrap.

If one has a Colt SAA in .45 Colt, it is quite easy to fit a Colt .45 ACP cylinder to the pistol. Mine only required a little fitting of the cylinder bushing.

• 26Limabeans says:

I have a G1 Contender barrel in .45 ACP.
          It is a very tight fit and needs some smith work.
          But the real problem with it is I cannot find a
          foregrip to match the screw lug on the barrel.
          It’s a genuine Thompson barrel so I am perplexed,
          along with everyone else that has looked at it.
          I would love to shoot it and may have to whittle
          me a foregrip.

6. Smitty says:

S&W made a U.S. Treasury comemorative Model 686 in 1989 with wooden case with Treasury Bureau seals engraved on the box. A beautiful gun; only 631 were produced for Treasury Agents.