“Blue” Maurer – Retired Navy SEAL, LT, Corpsman, Silver Star, Purple Heart, Air Assault Badge

| December 4, 2020

The folks at Military Phony send us their work on Steven Louis Maurer, who prefers to go by “Steve” or his nickname “Blue.”  Maurer comes to us from Grants Pass, Oregon and he is 59 years old at the time of this writing – December 2020.

As you can see in the above photo, Maurer has a ‘PURPLE HEART COMBAT WOUNDED’ patch on his sleeve, a ‘U.S. NAVY RETIRED’ patch below that and a Navy SEAL trident on his chest.  Here is one below for clarity and comparison.

Maurer has three Facebook profiles that we could find.  He claims on one of his Facebook profiles that he was in the Navy from 1977 – 2002.

On another Facebook profile he claims that he was a ‘Medical Corpsman’ which most would say “Hospital Corpsman.’  For those that do not know, a Navy Medical/Hospital Corpsman is an enlisted rating.

Yet, in this photo he displays the rank of LT (O-3), along with a Silver Star, a Purple Heart, a SEAL Trident and an Army Air Assault Badge… because… well, why not?

He also signs his name that he is a S3 Lt Retired Navy.

One of his friends seems to think Maurer is a Navy SEAL.

Other photos reinforce the SEAL claim.

He is often seen in group photos with kids wearing the SEAL “bling” but we’re not sure of his capacity with the children – as some kind of military mentor or what.

In a series of photos about a deer kill in 2015, he speaks of the deer, he also speaks of having a Jeep, so there is a reasonable assumption this is the deer tied to his Jeep.  The Jeep has a SEAL sticker on the back windshield.

Let’s get to it…

The BUD/S-SEAL database was checked and there was no ‘Steven Maurer.’

The Silver Star databases were checked and there was no ‘Steven Maurer.’

The Department of the Navy said they do not have a military record for him at BUPERS, but they do have one at NPRC.  This means his service wasn’t beyond the mid-1990s so it puts his claim of 1977-2002 in doubt.  The DoN also said that the records at NPRC are designated as Enlisted vs. Officer.

The NPRC is operating at a reduced capacity and although a FOIA was filed, we may be waiting until the Summer or Fall of 2021.  This case is built up circumstantially.

The BUPERS NDAWS system did not show any records for him, which would also point to later service.

The Department of Defense Manpower Data Center / SCRA records revealed the following.

Then, his high school photos established him as still in high school during the years 1978, 1979, and 1980 so he couldn’t have been runnin’ and gunnin’ with the Navy SEALs.

Since he was in high school, he may not have had the experiences – according to the frogman creed – of being around the world twice. He couldn’t have seen two whales hump. He couldn’t know a man in Thailand with a wooden cock. He may not have even pushed more peter, more sweeter and more completer than any other peter pusher around. He may not have been a hard-bodied, hairy-chested, rootin’ tootin’ shootin’, parachutin’ demolition double cap crimpin’ frogman.

He claims to have been in several conflicts, however.  This is – of course – all prior to a Navy retirement.

If the service dates for the results in SCRA are accurate – it is hard to think of a conflict that he was in between 1985 – 1988.  Although most of his claimed service time *could* have been in the Reserve, he would have to have been on active duty and in a conflict to be wounded and awarded the Purple Heart.  The only exceptions that we know to this rule is the terrorist shootings at Ft. Hood TX and the Chattanooga Reserve center in Tennessee.  The wounded or killed were awarded Purple Hearts.

We do not have his records from the NPRC, but there are enough doubts raised about Maurer’s claims that he has some ‘splainin’ to do.

Maybe he was pushing some sweeter peter, it just wasn’t in the Navy.

A couple more side notes:

“BLUE” – Who’s old school and remembers a Navy vet named “Blue?”

DEER – Some of you non-hunters may be curious how much money it costs to get into deer hunting.  Beyond that, how much do those costs translate into per pound of meat.  The answer is: it depends.  If you get your deer on opening morning just as dawn breaks, you save man or woman hours spent doing it.  Then, if you hunt illegally and have to factor in court costs… well, you do the math.

Disclaimer: The photo above was from a deer killed in 2015, so the court costs involved a deer killed years earlier. Just trying to create a visual.

Category: Combat Wounded, Fake SEAL, Navy, Navy Poser, Phony SEAL, Purple Heart, Silver Star, Valor Vultures

Well, well, well, would you looky heah. Seems as if we have an embellishing POS in the form of Steven (Steve/”Blue”) Maurer. Maybe he made a “seal” on something and “blew” it. I don’t think that he was a Navy SEAL and I don’t believe that the embellishing POS Steven Maurer did all the derring do that he makes claim to. Let me be the FIRST to welcome you to you GOOOOOOOGLE Fame, you embellishing POS, and until such time as we get an official FOIA to show the depths of your sh^tbaggery, I make a motion for the deployment of the Alphabet Assault, followed by a firing of the Toilet Bowl of Taunts. This will be in lieu of the upcoming Hemisphere of Insults. Can I get a SECOND and an AYE?

Say his name Steven Maurer, make him GOOOOOGLE Famous, and someone please get him away from children and dogs.

Oh…btw…nice meat gazing stare and meth head teeth you have there “Blew”!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Well, the real question is, did he actually shoot that stag or did it just drop dead in front of him out of pure fright?

• 26Limabeans says:

He hit it with his Jeep.

• SFC D says:

I hope the Jeep’s ok…

• I used to have a 85 AMC Jeep Wagoneer, I got 2 deer on separate occasions a year apart,1 at 35mph and another at around 40mph, the grill had negligible damage in the 1st altercation and a dimple of a dent on the back left door on the 2nd, that was 1 tough jeep not like the Chrysler/Fiat/Jeep junk they sell today…. as for the deer, they were as tough as the jeep !!!

• SFC D says:

I have a ‘55 CJ-3B and a ‘09 Wrangler. There’s more steel in the hood of the ‘55 than the entire ‘09.

• UpNorth says:

I hit two deer with my 2000 Chevy Silverado, aside from replacing a hose, the only damage was cosmetic. That was over the span of 3 years. Still put another 40K miles on it after the second accident.

• tshe says:

Years ago in Pennsylvania, if killed a deer with your car you had to turn it into the Game Commission. They later changed the rule, thinking it was undue hardship for the auto repair incurred so they let people keep the deer for meat.

The year that they changed the rule you never seen so many trucks driving around with reinforced front bumpers – they looked like the front of a train I’m told.

• Skivvy Stacker says:

Or from laughing at his stories.

• 5JC says:

I don’t know about all that but fuk ever hunting in Oregon. $24k fine for failing to punch a deer tag? That is some bullshit right there.

Maybe he got an amputee exception to paying that fine. Or, he was sent to a court ordered diversion program cuz he caught the PTSofD from one of his super secret 1980’s SEAL missions and that caused him to forget to punch his ticket.

• Danny Kilo says:

Well well. This is my hometown. Going to keep an eye out for this guy.

Name edited to protect PII.
      AW1

2. Stacy0311 says:

Isn’t “Purple Heart Combat Wounded” redundant?

3. An Old Arty Sgt says:

Seen him in a couple of pictures with kids makes me wonder if he’s a pedophile. Only 3 years military service. Wonder what happened to his arm.

4. Sapper3307 says:

The story has a nice hook to it.

5. Daisy Cutter says:

What a dirtbag.

My educated guess: he may have lost his arm in some accident in the Navy and was medically retired. His story morphed over the years from implied wounded to full blown Navy SEAL combat. Sounds better than stuck his hand into moving machine parts. I could be wrong, however.

As far as the deer meat question: I could buy and eat Kobe beef for a year along with many trips to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse for filet mignon and still come out ahead.

• MarineDad61 says:

Daisy Cutter,
      Whether a winch, a die press, or a motorcycle,
      he’s been OUT of the Navy for 32 years,
      and it’s much more likely he suffered a severe injury and amputation as a civilian.

He likely found out (long ago) that the true injury story
      doesn’t garner nearly as much attention, sympathy,
      free beer (and much more), and trim (poontang)
      as the concocted bullshit Rambo combat story.

Just watch his enablers and deniers try to play the sympathy card,
      as if an amputee deserves a free pass on blatant Stolen Valor.

• Jaired says:

Ha ha ha! I worked at the A street Chevron with this guy when I was like 16 in 97 or 98. He would run his mouth all day about his SEAL bullshit, even as a bunch of HS kids we called him out on it (SEALS don’t work at a Chevron when they get out STEVE) Funny side note, he had both arms back then. YEARS later after serving in the military myself, I ran into him at Les Shwab while getting new tires and he was sans arm. Steve started chatting me up in the waiting room and it was clear to me he had no idea I knew who he was. I asked him about his now missing arm, he said, wait for it…. AK47 round to the elbow,.. Desert Storm! Ha Ha! I just said smells like some bullshit and left because my truck was ready! Funny shit to see him on here now YEARS after that episode!

6. tshe says:

His primary Facebook page is now gone. That didn’t take long. Before taken off line, people were peppering it with links to the MP blog.

• MarineDad61 says:

tshe,
      Simultaneous comments. Deja Vu.
      Did you (also) leave Steve some FakeBook love?
      I considered the possibility that I may have been blocked.

7. MarineDad61 says:

That was quick.
    Either Steve’s primary FakeBook page just went poof,
    or he is now blocking those who leave clicks and comments.

As of late last evening,
    his page was wide open for clicks and comments,
    and subjected to incoming…. with MP links.

8. SteeleyI says:

I find it both amusing and a major indicator that he is lying that he elected to wear both the SEAL Trident and the coveted Air Assault Badge, aka Wings of Destiny/Wings of Eagles/Bullwinkle Badge.

Don’t get me wrong, as a proud graduate of The Air Assault School at Ft Campbell who endured the toughest ten days, (ten and a half if you count Zero Day), I am all for it. However, I find it hard to believe that a Navy SEAL would a) go to Air Assault School, or b) wear the badge.

I say this because one of my AAS classmates was a 5th Group, Triple Tab wearing Green Beret and he was beyond pissed that his commander made him go to AAS.

He almost failed, BTW, because he was seriously hung over on road march day.

9. Hondo says:

Hmm. Sounds like this guy should rate the nickname “Blue Falcon” vice simply “Blue”.

10. President Elect Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

“Blue” Maurer………
    Are you sure that’s not “Blue Falcon” Maurer ?

11. Graybeard says:

Yeah, ol’ Blue Falcon Maurer is, by all appearances, a liar.

Inquiring minds want to know: will there be any sockpuppets to play with this time around?

12. Mason says:

Dave, I’m very disappointed you didn’t blur the deer’s face. I know he’s no longer alive, but we can still give him his dignity.

13. Y’all got me beat today on the yokes and punsthis morning. 3 more days holding off on the post would have him on Monday morning at the TAH starting gate. I wonder if the china virus is killing off a lot of the Seal, Marine Recon, Army SF posers, embellishers etc.

14. Green Thumb says:

This turd is going straight up for the”letter jacket” look.

15. Green Thumb says:

I imagine he works at All-Points Logistics in their Youth Outreach Program.

16. Sparks says:

Queef.

17. Martinjmpr says:

So everyone’s talking about the purple heart and the air assault badge but nobody mentions the White Shoelace of Valor on his left shoulder?

That man is a true badass. The WSLOV is the rarest military award in history.

BTW as for the hand, my guess is he lost it because of an infection from a hot tub in Florida.

• martinjmpr says:

EDIT: Right shoulder, my bad.

• Claw says:

I think he lost his hand after a Dutch Rudder Club all-nighter./s

I am wondering if he lost that hand to a fan in the fan room of a Navy ship underway. That would account for the fact he left AD with only 2 years, four months of service. Maybe there was some extreme Dutch Ruddering in proximity to moving machinery. A flailing hand in the throes of ecstasy could be hazardous in proximity to moving parts.

Personally, I would have preferred a more Capt. Hook-esque fairy tale from this faker, like he lost it wrasslin’ a croc in Australia or on the Nile.

• Anonymous says:

Hey, like the guy who earned his Purple Heart whackin’ it in the the porta-pottie when the FOB got mortared– a PH is a PH (only this guy is trying to stretch a lost arm into glory).

• Green Thumb says:

Shit, I have two of those.

Next.

18. TDG says:

” Purple Heart. The only exceptions that we know to this rule is the terrorist shootings at Ft. Hood TX and the Chattanooga Reserve center in Tennessee. The wounded or killed were awarded Purple Hearts.”

Purple Heart Medals will be awarded to the NAS Pensacola shooting victims posthumously Friday to mark the one-year anniversary.

Memorial, wreath-laying and Purple Heart Medal ceremonies are being held at NAS Pensacola on Dec. 4. Naval Aviation Schools Command is putting on the memorial event to mark the one-year anniversary of the terrorist attack, which occurred on Dec. 6, 2019.

The Navy will present the Purple Heart Medals posthumously to the families of the three men that were killed: Ensign Joshua Watson, Naval Air Crewman 3rd Class Mohammed Haitham and Naval Air Crewman 3rd Class Cameron Walters.

The ceremonies will be closed to the public due to COVID-19 concerns, but there will be a livestream of the event on WKRG’s Facebook and WKRG.com.

The memorial service and wreath-laying will air at 9:30 a.m. The Purple Heart ceremony for Walters will air at 1:30 p.m.; Haitham’s ceremony at 2:30 p.m.; and Watson’s ceremony at 3:30 p.m.

19. Mustang Major says:

What’s up with the radio “Blue” Maurer is wearing in some of the photos? Is required to maintain 24/7 contact with the CIA, Pentagon, SOCOM, or a just a probation officer?

• RGR 4-78 says:

Crossing guard to the church parking lot?

Respect my authoriteye!

• Mustang Major says:

You might be on to something, RGR 4-78. “Blue” Maurer may be a crossing guard for a school. I recommend that children that have come in contact with “Blue” Maurer be checked for anything that looks like a tool mark.

20. HMC(FMF)Ret_87-10 says:

Repost of my comment at MP:

Steven Louis Maurer

A quick check shows addresses in Oregon during the period claimed to have been on active duty.

A criminal history check shows a multitude of traffic violations during the same time period.

Steven Louis Maurer has an extensive court record for civil actions during the same period….lots of small claims and he even was charged w/ RACKETEERING but no apparent conviction on that one.

21. Herbert J Messkit says:

Ref comments on his arm I’ll bet there’s a significant number of old one armed loggers and saw mill workers in oregon

22. penguinman000 says:

Wonder if he lost his arm while working as Commissar’s partner during his “extensive” law enforcement time? Perhaps he suffered an injury while coordinating “mostly peaceful protests” while playing medic (despite no real training or experience to do so)?

Hey Commissar, I’m still waiting on you to compare resumes. Oh wait, you wont. You’re an intellectual coward with a modicum of education combined with minimal experience outside of suckling off the government tit. You know you can’t stand the sunlight of objective evaluation. Just like a cockroach. That’s why you won’t respond.

As usual, go fusk your own face.

23. MarineDad61 says:

Has anyone made contact with Grants Pass, Oregon NEWS?
    Newspaper, radio, etc?

Considering the level of phuckery here,
    and doing it around children.. in a “Christian” environment…

This is newsworthy beyond internet and FakeBook shaming.

24. JustALurkinAround says:

GIMME A HAND, BLUE!!

The *other* one!

25. GStaff says:

Had me a Dawg named Blue.
    He was a good ole Dawg
    A true Blue coon Dawg

Name edited to protect PII.
    AW1

26. Daisy Cutter says:

Daddy had a hound dog,
    We used to call him “Blue.”
    He used to follow me around and stick to me like glue.
    And his favorite thing to play with used to be my good ol’ shoe.

Well, I wish I had a woman who was half as good and true.
    To keep me out of trouble, the way he used to do.
    Someone to depend on, just like that good old shoe.”

(Sung by Willie Nelson in movie “Wag the Dog”)

Turd Burglar.

28. RG says:

My Name is RG and I am responsible for security at New Hope. I will Answer a few of the questions I see on this web site as it pertains to New Hope.

Blue … He never “worked” at New Hope, he was volunteer that would come when I needed help or when we had a veteran school event taking place. Approx 3 years ago he stopped being a Volunteer on Campus but he still helps me off campus a couple of time a year.

Vets … We have at times at our school had events that bring in older vets in a meet and greet type setting. This is an attempt by our school to bridge the gap of understanding of why we honor our vets on certain days of the year. Blue headed up one of these events in the past. We have “meet at the pole” day, this is where we pray for our nation. during this event Blue would often come and join in.

The Radio … Our school is armed, we have an ex-army person whose job is to make sure all who enter the campus are part of the school. our school is on 39 acres and at times we get alerts that could cause our school to be locked down OR locked in. During times where there is a raised threat to our school I have Dads or volunteers pack radios to help keep the security room informed. Our Budget is small so we cannot put cameras up everywhere we need them.

Blues seal story … We do not know the truth about his military history. we do back ground checks that look for any sexual type convictions… Blue, has done a long list of good deeds for our school. We have a shop that is located off campus. Blue would work in the shop and build props for kid shows, or small projects for teachers in a classroom. Blue is not the only vet we have had do these kinds of deeds and as part of our ministry we want to be a positive environment for any vet that needs encouragement.

Stolen Valor … we back your work

Name edited to protect PII.
    AW1Ed

• MarineDad61 says:

RG,
      Thank you for the detailed comment.
      However, I must ask….
      I have confirmation, that Steve “Blue Maurer is
      “not allowed to volunteer at New Hope anymore”.

And, it coincides with your statement above…
      [Approx 3 years ago he stopped being a Volunteer on Campus but he still helps me off campus a couple of time a year.]

Are you aware of this,
      and do you know the reason “Blue” has been BANNED FROM CAMPUS?
      At a Christian children’s school?

• NH says:

Yes, he is no longer allowed to volunteer as of 3 years ago. He was known to talk inappropriately to Mom’s and teenage girls. A few families even pulled their kids out of the school because of him. I know first hand, this is the truth. He creeped many people out.

29. Ray says:

Oh yes the self-proclaimed cougar God who drove around with that deer on the top of his Jeep for 3 season straight saying his daughter killed it every year keeping the head inside a trash bag with only the antlers sticking out.

30. Paul says:

So this guy was in high school until 1980, then AD Navy from Sept ’85 – Jan ’88. Doing some math here, it’s extremely unlikely he was an O3/LT. It usually takes 4 years to go from O1 to O3. It is possible he graduated high school in ’80 and then college in ’83-’84 and commissioned after that, but if his entire career was AD, he would have gotten out as a LTJG since he was only in for 2.5 years. It’s also possible he commissioned in the reserves and then integrated on AD, or RELAD’ed into the reserves after his AD term was up in ’88, but I would put money on him being junior enlisted who just wanted to wear the railroad tracks with the rest of his bullshit bling.

Yes, unless one receives a direct commission, like Hunter Biden did, it is not possible to be promoted from O-1 to O-3 in less than four years. Even back in those Vietnam Times, it took four years. I never heard of an O-3 getting promoted from O-2 in less than two years in grade. Plus, I don’t think ol’ Blue is officer material. He has all the earmarks of a dick-stepper.

• USAFRetired says:

I can’t speak for the other services but in the early 70s in the USAF it was 18 months perfect attendance to 1 Lt and a total of 36 months undocumented misconduct to Capt (O3). This changed to 24 months and 48 month respectively in the mid 70.

In the late 70s there was wrinkle on this typical to 75-79 promotion year groups out of AFROTC. Folks waiting to go to pilot training got sent home after commisioning an d might have to wait an extended period for a class date. The few 1977 grads I knew had over a 14 month delay. 76 year group was worse If the delay was less than six months nada, but from six month to 12 months they got day for day credit, For instance someone who commissioned 12 May and came on active duty in January pinned on 1 LT 12 Nov two years after commisioning. One fellow I knew was delayed so long they sent him to a two week course at Sheppherd similar to MIMSO to teach him how to wear the uniform again or as he called it “rebluing”

31. Ex Coelis says:

True-blue Don Shipley material..

• MarineDad61 says:

Yep, and now Don has a Phony Green Beret goin’ on.
      I don’t see GGB (Guardians of the Green Beret)
      completing the round robin in the near future.