USS Stout breaks Navy record for longest stint at sea, 208 days

| September 30, 2020 | 19 Comments

USS Stout (DDG-55)

A U.S. guided missile destroyer ship has broken the record for the longest consecutive number of days at sea for a military surface vessel, the Navy said Tuesday, underscoring the effects of restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic.

The USS Stout reached 208 days at sea Sept. 26, spending nearly seven months in the Middle East and the North Africa area, known as the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations. The previous record of 207 days, held by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and the USS San Jacinto, was also set this year.

The Covid-19 pandemic has forced the Navy to cancel port visits to prevent sailors from being exposed while ashore.

Source; NBC News

Category: Coronavirus, Navy

1. USS Stout at sea for 208 days, now that’s a really Stout ship.

Congrats to the Stout crew!
    I have a friend of a friend that was on the Ike, he’s still a little wonkie (from what I gathered).
    “[The Stout has] broken the record for the longest consecutive number of days at sea for a military surface vessel”
    That gives me an excuse to remind you to Remember the crew of the Seawolf and the men that didn’t come back.

3. E4 Mafia '83-'87 says:

7 straight months on a tin can…oof! My max was 20-something. I hope though got hazardous pay to go along with their sea pay.

4. QMC says:

That’s probably a record most ship’s personnel would rather not achieve.

“cancel port visits to prevent sailors from being exposed while ashore”

Dats funny

Better them than me. BZ to the Sailors for doing their duty tho. Miss Kitty just kissed Claude Akins right on the mouth. Boy Imma mad now!

Oops, I digress…again. Saw a blurb on another feed that only about 8 Military Personnel have died of the ChiCom Bug. Maybe this type action is why. Never exposed, couldn’t spread. FTA it seems as if they are still at sea. Co-Ed Crew at all? Fan rooms been ‘specially busy? I mean, they are underway…and away from the pier, Right?

Another sad note, an article in the NBC Linky here. Mac Davis passed away yesterday. Singer, Songwriter, friend to all he met, and an all around good guy. I’ll see you again soon Mac, on the other side.

• ninja says:

Mac Davis was also known for the song “Oh Lord, It’s Hard To Be Humble”.

You know…Slow Joe’s song…

😉😎

Helen Reddy passed away. “I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar”…

Rest In Peace to Both and Condolences to their Families.

Next thing you know, we will be reading of the passing of Paul & Ringo; Mick & Keith; Loggins & Messina…

*Had To Throw In Loggins For AW1Ed and Mick, Because There IS a Danger Zone*

Thank You for sharing, KoB.

hbtd/rtr/gabn

🐎🐐

ninja had not heard about Helen. Been off the news feeds today, taking care of “in addition to your other duties” tasks. I had met Helen and Mac on several times back yonder in a business and personal way. Took Mama to several concerts of both of them. She identified with that whole ‘strong woman’ thing that Helen Reddy epitomized. I’m sure that Mama was the FIRST to ask Helen and Mac when they were going to join the others in a concert. We have lost so many of late. This was one of her favorites. Thanks for the posting.

rtr/hbtd/gabn

7. The Other Whitey says:

Did the crew actually want to claim this record?

8. Berliner says: