Weekend Open Thread

| October 16, 2020

They complain about what the Republican Senate did in 2016. They seem to not remember what the Democrat Senate did in 1992, or what the Democrats did against Trump’s nominees. (The Donald Win)

When the Democrats attack President Truman’s efforts to get a justice onto the bench, they are not just attacking him. They’re telling us that we don’t have a say, through who we elect, on who gets seated as a judge or as a justice. Enjoy your weekend.

Category: Open thread

1. Jerry says:

sum number

So it appears that the facts not in evidence to the board has been a’judged by Admin to determine a winner on the TAH Friday Weekend Open Thread FIRST. Knowing, as I do, the appeals process of any decision made by the Editorial Staff at the TAH Wide World of Sports (hahahahahaha…NO…hahahahahaha, feel free to reapply in 180 days for further disapproval) The King of Battle, 5th/77th FA, THE King of FIRST do hereby, forthwith, whereupon, acknowledging that the word of law rests with the aforementioned board, do thereby turn over to 26Limabeans, the Crown of FIRST for this date. At least we keep it in the (GO) Army (BEAT) Navy Family. And it’s not like it’s been more than a week since said Crown was EARNED by THE King of Battle, THE King of FIRST. Or that the KoB is the ONLY d’weeds that has EARNED the Coveted ACE of FIRST, not once but 3 times minimum.

That being said and admitted to, open up the bar, lay out some snacky stuff, AND STAY OFF MY LAWN! Oh, and btw Congrats…now light my seegar and give me a Yuengling.

Naw naw naw, youse guys, cheese and rice. You must use the term FIRST, or 1st, or a derivative thereof.

Left the Crown just a-laying there for how Long?

So who is FIRST on the coveted EARNED NEVER GIVEN TAH Friday Weekend Open Thread?

• Jerry says:

So Jethro cyphering dunt count????

Welp, back to FFDP videos and a PBR then.

• Hack Stone says:

Trying decide which was the funnier Beverly Hillbillies episode, the one where Jethro went for his draft physical, or the one where Uncle Jed was going to buy a yacht, and they ended up on a Navy Base.

• Hack Stone says:

Hack can’t find those videos, but did find this one.

• RGR 4-78 says:

Elly Mae, hotsie totsie.

• MarineDad61 says:

RGR 4-78,
              …. until she got deflowered by Elvis,
              or so she claims.
              After that, she went all religious on everyone (and Hollywood),
              and after a few decades of obscurity, she spent her last years making celeb appearances,
              pretending to be 27 years old again.
              Eb from Green Acres did the same religious thing, too.
              So did the kid on Two and a Half Men.

• akpual says:

Dammit sorry hit report button accidentally. Darn right Jethro went to Oxenford.

5. Hack Stone says:

Greetings and salad dressings to all of the lovable Miscreants and Deplorables who make up the Usual Suspects commenting at This Ain’t Hell. In the unlikely event that Hack Stone secures the highly coveted and rarely awarded title of First Post For TAH Weekend Open Thread, he claims first post in the name of Elaine Ricci.

As to (see what Hack did there?) celebrities announcing their departure of America in the event that Donald Trump is reelected, Hack Stone would like for everyone to know that if Donald Trump is reelected, Hack will show his solidarity by no longer utilize the services of Hair Company USA in Capitol Heights, MD.

• Hack Stone says:

Hack already knew that he missed the highly coveted and rarely awarded WOT First Post, but he already copied his post and did not feel like editing.

Flag on the field.
    There is a comment awaiting moderation.

• 26Limabeans says:

It appears my fat fingers used a mistyped handle when
      first attempting first. We need a ruling as it appears
      my fat fingers are indeed first by some other name.

• Claw says:

The ruling is: You had it regardless of the fat fingers./s

A funny thing happened a couple of weeks ago to the Coveted Book of WOT Firsts. It seems that just like Skynet became self aware at 2:14am on 29 Aug 1997, at 0001 hrs on 01 Oct 2020, the Coveted Book also became self aware, because every First entry for a certain individual (dating back almost two years now) ended up being lined through (and the word DEFECT appeared) and the official “First” was automatically defaulted to the next commenter.

As the keeper of the Coveted Book of WOT Firsts, I attempted to decipher what the DEFECT meant and could only come up with:

Deleted Entry For Excessive Chest Thumping.

So, try as I might, this line through/DEFECT does not happen until I close the book, but once the book closes, I have no control over it. It happens every time.

Suggestions? Or is this something we’ll just have to live with?

• 26Limabeans says:

FIRST of all Claw, thank you for your ruling.

Secondly, I will rule with kindness unlike some of the previous
          holders of the crown who may have thumped themeselves into defect.

I am humbled. Never been FIRST at anything. An honorable mention at best.
          Damn bitch in 7th grade beat me in the Science Fair with her volcano
          that erupted with baking soda. I built a goddam robot.

Wah Wah Wah! Gave full notice that the Crown would be a’laying about. Dropped the powder from a charge 10 to a charge 1. Dialed in a 2 minute delayed fuse. I mean…..DAAAYYUUM!

Been well known that them commo rats would suck up to them Supply Daddies, just so they could avoid the Ham n Muthers in the C Rat Case. And Supply Daddies been know to suck up to commo rats, just to get more time on the MARS Link.

DEFECT?!? Damn Effective Firing Every Cannon Tweaked. No better Time on Targets, and for certain no more benevolent King of FIRST! Who else has made sure that there were plenty of Class VI Supplies and well prepared rations for all hands? Anybody else come up with hand rolled Gold Leaf Burley Seegars? There has even been an issue of Comfort Ms Thangs, for those of them that has to.

Jealousy is the Sincerest form of Flattery.

Them commo rats of the FIRST Signal Brigade are what made it possible
              for everything from those fire bases to B52 strikes happen on time.
              “FIRST to Communicate” is the motto and it has a proud history.

Want more? Look into the history of the three sixty FIRST Signal Brigade.
              Yes..we did bulid that.

Jealousy? Naw, but thanks for keeping the crown shiny….

• SFC D says:

My history with the FIRST Signal Brigade (aka “The Jagged Shaft”) was a little after yours. 1988.

• Ret_25X says:

serving with the “Electric Butter Knife” was better than at the “Electric Basketball”…LOL

I managed to avoid the butter knife until 95 and never served in the death halls of the electric basketball.

I did, unfortunately, have to bear the burden of the choking eagle at fort wegotcha…

In fact, 1st Sig Bde and 11th Sig Bde were the only actual signal units I was ever in….

• SFC D says:

11th ain’t what it once was. Used to be high speed, rapid deployable, doing shit nobody else could think outside the box fun. Around 2008 it became just another cookie cutter unit mired in bureaucracy.

Played with the “electric basketball” in Germany
                    under the 447th Sig Bn. It was tit duty.
                    Then General Rienzi (big Tom) called from
                    Viet of the Nam and I couldn’t say no.

• AW1Ed says:

I tend to stay above the fray, although I observe the Friday WOT with interest. There are two issues at hand today.

A strict interpretation would award this weeks First to the commenter named “25Llimabeans” and allow the appeals process, if invoked, to play out.

However, “Zero Tolerance” is a policy for the mentally inflexible and those afraid to actually make a decision. Human factors must also play a part.

Having examined the facts at hand, I find there is no past or current commenter with the nom de board of “25Llimabeans.” I also find the IP address listed for “25Llimabeans” matches that listed for current member “26Limabeans.”

Therefore, as Admin, I find I am in agreement with Claw’s interpretation, and the member known as “26Limabeans” is indeed the FIRST member to reply to today’s WOT. Congratulations.

In the interests of WOT continuity, I have amended the FIRST comment to reflect the winner’s actual name.

As for the second issue, I would not over-interpret the Coveted Book of WOT Firsts assignment of “DEFECT” to a certain commenter, but make note of the assignment and the runner-up, with the understanding a grievance may be filed with the TAH WWHQ Complaints Department for their adjudication and eventual resolution.

• 26Limabeans says:

Thank you for your thoughtfull input and concurrence.
            My sincere apologies for champing at the bit and opening
            the door to be challanged.
            I appreciate the peaceful transition of power.

• SFC D says:

But did you win the electoral vote?

We wuz robbed!!!! Appeal to the TAH WWHQs? May as well appeal to the Heavens to stop the forced evacuation of Atlanta before ‘Cump Sherman’s Retreat to the Sea. Y’all DO know who is the Complaint Dprt Mgr is don’t you? The world famous Helen Waite herself. In addition to the comment made above on the appeals make note: (having BTDT) You got a complaint, you can just go to Hell an Wait.

Have a shot of this Jameson SFC D, don’t look like nobody else gonna offer up nuttin.

• AW1Ed says:

Due to considerations in dealing with the Corona Virus, all staff at TAH WWHQ are currently telecommuting. You may now expect a swift turn-around of 360 days for grievance resolution and disapproval.
                  Thank you, and have a TAH day.

7. Sapper3307 says:

Took my son to the range this week.
    He stepped up from a BB gun to my Colt M4 (when Walmart was cool). And we blasted dinosaur targets with Polish 5.56 I bought around 1988. Good times.

8. Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

Less than 10th.
    That’s what I get for working, instead of fapping the F5 key.

Anybody considering this guy?
    Check out his bio and military background.

Then comport that with his Wiki page:

“Despite his anti-war activism, he joined the Marine Corps after being drafted in 1972.According to Hawkins he was never ordered back to active duty after completing bootcamp”

I would love to see the skinny on this Commie’s service.

• Mason says:

He’s got an impressive list of failures on that political experience tab. Wonder why?

Click on his professional tab and his most recent job was unloading cargo at UPS for 17 years. Not that that’s not a perfectly honest job, but he’s got at least a bachelor’s if not a master’s from an Ivy League school listed on his CV (Dartmouth ’71-74, 76-77).

Normally an Ivy League education will open some doors, but when your entire adult life has been devoted to communism, I guess it’s about as useless as can be.

• 26Limabeans says:

He made it through Basic and then went home
        for 6 years 72-78. A stellar record.
        I want to see the DD-214.
        And some mug shots…

10. E4 Mafia '83-'87 says:

Since this is an open thread, I need to ask those who might know.

At RTC Great Lakes, how long does it normally take for you to receive anything from your recruit? I remember sending a post card with Name, Company, Division ect to my parents. Its been almost 2 weeks, and Mrs. Mafia is going nuts/driving me nuts because all we got was the 15 second, sounds of yelling in the background “I’m here a boot camp” phone call. Anybody gone through this recently?

I got called into the CO’s office in Viet of the Nam and ordered
      to sit down and write a letter to my mom. She had not heard from
      me in a couple weeks. Don’t know who she called but I can imagine
      what Mrs. Mafia is going through.

My dad sent me a letter in the Viet of the Nam threatening to write my battalion commander. Thereafter, I tried to write more frequently, but being a rifle company commander in the bush was not conducive to letter writing. It was the least of my daily concerns, not even on the mental to do list.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

At Benning we got smoked any mail call where we received nothing.

“Write your folks”

ONE!

“Hel-o mom”

TWO!

“I am fine”

THREE!

“Mail it now”

FOUR!

(Etc etc etc )

Specifically not AWOL or any other derivative thereof.
    Decided to dive down the Hunter’s emails rabbit hole, and holy f****g s**t.
    Oliver Stone might wanna make a movie of it.
    Oh! The Associated (with stupidity) Press has an “‘unnamed’” source at the FBI saying that Hunter and Joe’s Email/Influence peddling scheme is a Russian disinformation plant…
    Can’t make this crap up.
    _run HeavyDrinking.exe

12. RGR 4-78 says:

Stump the Claw.

—,——-,——, OG-107
    KANSAS CITY — MFG CO.
    26 SEP 1958 DA-36-030-QM8598
    MIL-C-3000 C QMC
    PATTERN DATE 1 JULY 1952
    PHILADELPHIA QUARTERMASTER DEPOT

What is it? 🙂

Would that be the old OG wool shirt we wore with field pants in the 509th in Germany?

• Claw says:

Cap, Utility, Cotton

• Claw says:

Ranger Cap (w/Ear Flaps)/s

• RGR 4-78 says:

Roger that.

CAP, UTILITY, COTTON, OG-107
        KANSAS CITY CAP MFG CO.
        26 SEP 1958 DA-36-030-QM-8598
        MIL-C-3000 C QMC
        PATTERN DATE 1 JULY 1952
        PHILADELPHIA QUARTERMASTER DEPOT

The above is from the tag inside the cap.
        It doesn’t have the ear flaps, they may have been removed.
        It is in good shape with small damage to the top.
        Had a half pound of mud dauber nest in it when I bought it, it cleaned up real nice.
        Got it two weeks ago at an estate sale for $00.50.
        The 20 something young lady that sold it to me did not have a clue what it was.
        If 26 SEP 1958 is the date of manufacture, I am just a little older than the cap, and that is a little over 18 years before I reported for duty in 1976.

Stay tuned for next weeks quiz. 😉

• Claw says:

Original 50’s issue like yours didn’t have ear flaps, those only came about when the Cluster-Fooked BDU caps era started./s

• RGR 4-78 says:

Thanks, I did not know that. Then it is complete, except for the frayed spot on top.

Negative! BDUs were introduced in 1981. The PC (patrol cap) I wore in Ranger School had ear flaps — we were not allowed to use them. I just checked my PC to make certain and it does.

• 26Limabeans says:

“It doesn’t have the ear flaps, they may have been removed”

That would be the FIRST thing I would do.

13. ChipNASA says:

I was doing a lot like feeding kids who have been off for the day, on a 30 minute Teams (Microzoft’s Zoom) meeting for work that lasted almost 2 hours with a coworker, AND then playing on the x-box for about 20 minutes when I realized I have to visit TAH, it’s FRI-FUCKING-DAY, afternoon so, PRESENT!!!!
    I’m backed up reading so I have to catch up from like Wednesday on the Polish Boom thread to here.
    Talk at you guys soonish!!
    Chip

14. Wilted Willy says:

Just wanted to wish you all good bye for a while, I got laid off from my job and I won’t be back on the air for a bit until I get a new laptop and get all setup and running?? I will miss all of you miscreants for all the time!
    Get my POS Brother!!!
    Willy

• Mason says:

Sorry to hear about the job. We’ll be missing ya, brother.

Hang in there Willy.

• Combat Historian says:

Hang in there, buddy. Hear from ya soon…

• KoB says:

We here for you Willy, getting laid off may be a blessing. You need to look at getting some of that Social Security money by now. I know it’s hard to admit when we get old and decrepit, but damnit, it happens.

I was concerned, too, when it happened to me, but I found out, I spent way yonder less money when I WASN’T working. And my outgo adjusted to my income.

• Roh-Dog says:

Dang man. I’ll ask the Great Provider to send some blessings your way.

• Graybeard says:

Prayers, Willy!

• AW1Ed says:

Check your email.

• Thunderstixx says:

Oh Lord Almighty Willie.
      The hits just keep on coming for you my man.
      Please know that we all care about you here on TAH and that those of us that do spend some private time with our own Higher Power spend some of it hoping for the best of His/Her blessing upon you.
      You damn sure didn’t sign up for this…
      Take care of yourself WW.

• Buckeye Jim says:

Keep up your spirits, Willy. It happened to me once. The company had an “all hands” meeting and the moderator opened the meeting by asking, “Who wants to get laid?’
      I quickly raised my hand and ran halfway up the aisle before I realized that I had not heard his last word—“off”

Hang in there.

• UpNorth says:

Hang in there, WW. Hopefully something far better comes along.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Hoping and praying for the best for you, WW!

• OWB says:

Hang in there, WW. At least you know that the thoughts and prayers of this crew are with you. 🙂

• ninja says:

WW:

As with others, you and your Family are lifted up in Prayer!!!

We Are Family!

We Love and Care For You, WW…and Will Always Be Here For You.

15. Graybeard says:

Voted this afternoon. Took 9-y-o granddaughter along for the ride, she got to see how it goes.

Was off to officiate a wedding last week – missed y’all. Mrs. GB and I then took a mini-vacay to an Army Corps of Engineers campsite on Lake Granger, NE of the blue-cancer city of Austin. Had a great, relaxing time.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

16. Ret_25X says:

Heard from my nephew today. He is on his way to be nuke tech on the Truman now that he is done with his schools!

BZ young padwan!

Eleventyeth and Honorary First once again, DONE with the errands and honey-do’s!

The end of Daylight Savings Time is coming to and end –
    Hello Darkness my old Friend,
    You’re coming now at Five PM…

• RGR 4-78 says:

I really wish the government would do away with DST. Pick a time and leave it the hell alone.

DST- daylight saving time- damn stupid transition.

• 26Limabeans says:

ZULU time for all the world. Except N. Korea.
        Make it midnight forever there.

• Hack Stone says:

When Hack was working Comm support in the Pentagon, we would have scheduled maintenance that was not carried out at the prescribed time by the contractors. When asked why, Hack would tell the Watch Officer that the contractors are Zulu Challenged.

18. Commissioner Wretched says:

No excuses, the trivia is late again this week. I throw myself upon the mercy of the court and offer into evidence this week’s column. (Was that too over-the-top?)

DID YOU KNOW…?
    Did a television crime show have to get all of its actors and scripts approved by the FBI?
    By Commissioner Wretched

In the motion picture “Gigi.” the great and wonderful Maurice Chevalier sings a duet with Hermione Gingold called, “I Remember It Well.” If you’re not familiar with the song, two former flames meet and reminisce about their past, and he gets it entirely wrong – and yet, comes across as totally charming.

I especially love the lyrics near the end, when he sings, “Am I getting old?” and she replies, “Oh no, not you.” She accepts his forgetfulness and forgives the errors in his mind. We should all be that way, don’t you think?

Folks, we’re all getting older. (It beats the alternative, if you ask me.)

The only thing that doesn’t get old, in my world, is trivia. It just gets better.

Ah, yes, I remember it well.

Did you know …

… you just might have the collywobbles right now? What are collywobbles? It’s another term for a stomach ache. (Just try to get out of going to school because of collywobbles, though.)

… a president of the United States is in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame? Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) spent a good part of his youth as a wrestler. He was only defeated once in 300 matches, and was named to the Wrestling Hall of Fame in 1992. (“And in the other corner, the challenger, from Parts Unknown, Illinois … the Masked President!”)

… the last movie ever rented at a Blockbuster Video was “This Is The End”? It was rented at a store in Hawaii. (Fitting, if you ask me.)

… for a while, it was pretty unlucky to be in the town of Codell, Kansas, on May 20th? On that date for three consecutive years – 1916, 1917, and 1918 – the town was hit by deadly tornadoes. The storms all hit at around the same time in the evening each year. (I’ll let you figure out why that happened.)

… there is a belief that says you should experience an “incredible moment” every 35 days? It’s called Littlewood’s Law of Miracles, named after math professor John Littlewood (1885-1977). Using math, Littlewood figured out that if the average person is awake for at least eight hours a day, and experiences one event per second, and extraordinary events are “one in a million,” that person should experience an incredible moment once every 35 days. (Then I am way overdue – my last incredible moment was in the 1990s, if I can recall.)

… one of the 1960s top crime drama television shows had to get Federal approval for its stars and scripts? From 1965 to 1974, “The F.B.I.” was one of the top-rated crime dramas on the air. Produced by Quinn Martin (1922-1987), the episodes were based on real case files from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Each detail of each script was carefully vetted by the actual FBI, through the office of Deputy Director Clyde Tolson (1900-1975). All actors who portrayed FBI agents and other cast members received thorough backgrounds checks from the Bureau “to ensure that no criminals, subversives, or Communists” were associated with the show. Additional trivia note: On at least eight different occasions, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover (1895-1972) tried to have the series cancelled when he did not like episodes. The show’s 1965 premiere episode, “The Monster,” so shocked Hoover and Tolson that they wanted to withdraw all support and get the show taken off the air. (I remember the announcer for all those Quinn Martin shows … I wanted him to narrate the story of my life, but it’d be too boring.)

… there is a “law” that tells you how to get the right answer to a question on the Internet? Cunningham’s Law, named for Ward Cunningham (born 1949), father of the hypertext publication known as a wiki, states: “The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question. It is to post the wrong answer.” (Well, it always works for me, anyway.)

… a toy company is the world’s largest manufacturer of women’s apparel? The Mattel company makes clothing for the wildly popular series of Barbie dolls, and that means they make more women’s apparel than anyone else.

… Tyrannosaurus rex probably did not roar? Despite what we’ve seen in the “Jurassic Park” series of movies, the “king of the dinosaurs” most likely made hissing or rattling sounds, like modern-day snakes or crocodiles, instead of roaring. Most theropod dinosaurs probably did the same thing. (But the movies would have been so dull without the sound of a T. rex roaring!)

… Vikings probably did not wear helmets with horns? Despite the popular conception – and the helmets of the Minnesota pro football team – there is no actual evidence to support the idea that Viking helmets had horns. Artists in the 19th Century were fond of painting Vikings with horned helmets for some reason, and the image stuck. (The idea does make for some cool pictures, though.)

… statistically, being a trash collector is more dangerous than being a police officer? (I know, it’s a dirty job, but somebody’s got to do it.)

… goats do not eat tin cans? When you see the goat nibbling at a can, they’re actually after the glue on the labels, not the can itself. (It’s just baaa-a-a-ad press.)

… an astonishing 68% of a Hostess Twinkie™ is air? (But brother, does that air taste good!)

… butterflies can remember things they learned as caterpillars? (I can’t even remember breakfast.)

Now … you know!

• 26Limabeans says:

“butterflies can remember things they learned as caterpillars?”

I remember learning to swim upstream long ago…..

• Hack Stone says:

If Vikings never wore helmets with horns, that means all of those Far Side comic strips were a lie. Hack demands reparations from Gary Larson.

If one thinks about it, horns on a Viking helmet make no sense. They would defeat the purpose of the helmet, to deflect and protect against blows from swords, axes, and maces. A blow to a horned helmet would really “ring the bell” of the wearer once it connected with the base of the horn.

19. Thunderstixx says:

I recently took a trip to the great state of the Cheesehead Mafia and delivered a set of drums, nice one too, to my Grandsons.
    I got a Facetime this evening of my daughter smiling to beat all Hell and him playing his drums !!!
    She’s still dealing with the CRPS every single minute of her life and she had the biggest smile I have seen from her for years.
    That really made my whole weekend better !!!
    It got really dusty here in Texas…..
    I hope all of my friends here have a great weekend and larsie-boi, you can still go piss up a rope !!!

20. Commissar says:

Just to be clear;

President trump retweeted a conspiracy theory that said:

Osama Bin Ladin is still alive.

SEAL team six killed a body double.

They knew they killed a body double the moment they killed him.

They hid that fact.

When it became clear they were not going to be able to keep it a secret…

Biden had SEAL team 6 assassinated to cover up the the whole thing.

And when asked about that retweet he said that he would let America decide if it was true. Refusing to acknowledge it was absolutely bullshit.

I wonder what kind of discussion would happen here if a prominent democrat tweeted something like that and then refused to acknowledge it was false.

Much less a democrat president.

We know what happens when Trump does it. *crickets*.

• Poetrooper says:

I hear your hero, Joe Biden, has half a mind to be president…😁

• RGR 4-78 says:

Do you have a link so I can read the re-tweet?

Yes, but he will just give you links to something written by some other TDS deranged moonbat posting on DU or Huff n Puff. Despite all the proof to the contrary, he still believes the Trump is an agent of Putin hoax.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

****NEWS FLASH****

Lars aka Commissar aka Major Moonbat IS STILL a 24K dingleberry.

21. Commissar says:

Oh, and you all don’t want a 6-3 conservative court.

We already have the most conservative Supreme Court in well over 100 years.

An extremely conservative power structure like that is exactly the kind of conservatism our founding fathers fought a war to free ourselves from.

All three of Trump’s picks all have one thing in common; they all vote on the side of the powerful and power consolidation 90% of the time.

There was a time in our history where getting onto the Supreme Court required a lifetime of being a consistent moderate and flexible thinker.

Now it requires a partisan purity test by extreme right wing groups.

When McConnell prevented Obama from a Supreme Court pick for a year he turned the court into a partisan body.

Holding this seat open was our chance to return the legitimacy of the court. And it still would have been 5-4 conservative with conservatives being much younger than the liberals.

It would still have been a win for conservatives but we would have had a court that maintained legitimacy.

Now we will have a court that is seen as entirely a politically partisan body.

And worse, the kind of conservatism being appointed to the court is absolutely inconsistent with maintaining a free society.

• Commissioner Wretched says:

Well, whether “we” want a 6-3 conservative court or not (which WE seem to want), we’re going to get one. The Democrats simply cannot stop Barrett’s confirmation, no matter how hard they try.

Chew on that, Lars.

• Ret_25X says:

Interesting how the racist lefty is ALWAYS wrong.

ALWAYS.

REKT

• Penguinman000 says:

Interesting how his outrage missed the 9th circuit while railing about one sided, politically activist judges.

• SFC D says:

“Now we will have a court that is seen as entirely a politically partisan body”.

We’ve had that for some time. Conservative justices will change the court back to the judicial branch, not the legislative where liberal justices have taken it.

• Commissar says:

The notion that we had a left partisan court before these last appointments is entirely in your mind.

Conservatives have had a 5-4 majority since 2005.

The Roberts court has also been the most partisan court in History. With 500% more partisan split decisions than in the entire previous 80 years.

• Mason says:

Funny how the Republicans are only concerned that a judicial candidate will respect the Constitution.

It’s funny (well sad really) that it’s the Democrats who are pushing unconstitutional religious tests and use abortion as a litmus test.

• Commissar says:

That is nonsense.

Whenever they have to weigh the interest of those in power against a challenge to power they always find some rhetorical or logic loophole to justify diverging from the constitution.

Do you really think the most pervasive and extensive surveillance state in history of human civilization, unlimited dark money in politics, and corporations are people with constitutional rights was even remotely what our founders had in mind?

It has been the conservative justices that have voted to maintain the worst aspects of the Patriot act even when challenged by conservative voter groups.

• SFC D says:

You do understand that the Supreme Court does not exist to decide if a law is good or bad, it exists to decide if a law is allowed under our constitution? Remember 6th grade civics? Repeal of a “bad” law is a legislative action.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Lars wipes his BOFA with a copy of the Constitution and Bill Of Rights every day… it’s how his inner commie rolls.

• Mason says:

Those justices voted for the law. Your issue is with those who make the laws. The court (absent the liberal members who make up law) works exactly as the Founders intended. When the courts don’t work as intended is when the left uses them and their activist judges to create laws in court that they can’t do through the Founder’s means. Things like gay marriage were so unpopular among the electorate even far-left California voted against it.

We also categorically do not have “the most pervasive and extensive surveillance state in history of human civilization.” That’s just insane to think.

• Hack Stone says:

You know, this all could have been avoided if Justice Ginsburg retired during the previous administration, but she was counting on Hillary Clinton on securing the White House. She thought wrong. And the last time Hack looked, Donald Trump is President until January 2021, if not beyond, and as such, he is performing the job that American people hired him for. Elections have consequences, you have to accept that.

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Major Moonbat, I myself am looking forward to it because politicians of your ilk have been using the Courts for decades to inflict legislation that would NOT pass muster anywhere else.

22. MarineDad61 says:

UPDATE on Phony Navy SEAL Daniel Greenwell,
    along with CHURCH DRAMA.
    2 new blog comments here……

Enjoy the weekend.
    (Typing from Mississippi this time,
    and heading back east on Monday).

23. Commissar says:

Actually, I should rephrase my statement;

If you are a moderate or care about democratic principles, or even the legitimacy of the court..

Then you don’t want a 6-3 conservative court.

If you are a classical conservative that loves the consolidation of more power into the hands of a smaller and more exclusive group of elites…

Then yes, this court should help usher in the leviathan you all want whole falsely waving the flag and claiming to be freedom loving patriots.

Just to be clear; if you are a classical conservative you are against everything this country was founded on. Classical conservatism was what we fought the revolution to overthrow.

Most of you have proven without question you are classical conservatives over the last four years.

• Hack Stone says:

Hack is confused. He was told by the enlightened ones that America was founded on racism.

• Skippy says:

I’m running as a Democrat for Congress
      So I can start my own crime family
      I’m exempt from taking foreign money
      The law doesn’t and won’t apply to me
      And I’ll have the backing of silicone valley
      It’s a win win for me

• A Proud Infidel®™ says:

Don’t forget about your exemption from Insider trading laws, that’s another way that pols have made crooked millions!

• Mason says:

You can also be a huge racist. Better get some pictures in blackface or a Klan robe. That way you can apologize and show how much you’ve changed and learned from your past transgressions.

• 26Limabeans says:

You’re gonna need a crack smokin son.

24. Keepin' It Real says:

Empathy…

empathy

• 26Limabeans says:

Both of them need a hair cut.

• Hack Stone says:

Dang, that is mighty funny.

Here is Hack’s “conversation” with a Corporal at 7th Comm Battalion probably around 1999.

GySgt Stone: How Long have you been stationed on Camp Hansen?

Corporal: Eight months.

GySgt Stone: Do you know you way around base?

Corporal: Yes, Gunny.

GySgt Stone: Then why the fuck can’t you find the barber shop?

True story.

• Skippy says:

😂😂😂😂

25. ninja says:

Claw (AKA Supply Daddy) should know this US Army Class II item:

No cheating from others, please! (i.e. Googling the NSN).

If you do end up doing a search on this item, when providing comments, please drop HINTS about it so others can guess what it may be.

* ninja Hint: Am betting that about 60% of TAH readers have once owned or are still in possession of this once precious commodity (we still have ours..*grin*). In reality, they are not needed anymore when going to the Field.

What is it?

NSN 7330-01-467-0688

Still on my dog tag chain.

• OWB says:

Had one with my dog tags for a good while but it came off after beng transferred into a job wearing the dress uniform for some years. Just never put one back on the chain after we went back to cammo all the time after 9-11.

Come to think about it, 9-11 may be the last day I ever wore blues to work. Hmmm.

• 26Limabeans says:

Oh cmon…that’a a no brainer.

• ninja says:

KoB gave a HUGE clue!

Still think that 40-50% of TAH have never own one!

We still have our original..😉😎

Congrats to our 26Limabeans and the Signal Corps for winning the covenated Crown and Scepter!

• KoB says:

So easy even a cannon cocker could get it.

😆 😀 😆 :leer:

• ninja says:

ninja family still thinks there are some TAH readers who may have no idea what the item is even if it was handed to them today..thus the reason we posted.

• Mason says:

My dad (Vietnam Vet) always had one on his keychain, so I knew what they were. My first shop super when I got into the service would hand them out to all the new guys (even though MREs were about two decades old by my time). Still have it on my keychain. Only used it to open some cans of fruit or chicken stock, but it works. Slowly. 🙂

I know of one of our resident prolific progs has never used one.

• Claw says:

New NSN – Original FSN from 7 Feb 1956 is 7330-242-3506./s

• ninja says:

You found it!

I looked everywhere for the original NSN…

Also, trying to figure out if there are two different Stock Numbers because of the size..😉😎

Thank You, Claw!

• Claw says:

Re: the NSN’s/FSN’s listed above:

In addition to those, any Weeds/Weedettes who happen to be passing by (the TAH Supply Room here at Stately Claw Manor) either coming or going on US20 to YNP to view Old Faithful, will also receive a 7350-00-223-7760 and a 7350-00-223-7836 as parting gifts./s

Dunno what happened to it. Ranger school was the last time I ever wore one. After that, those stupid OD baseball hats were de riguer with fatigues until I started wearing the vaunted green beret. But I still have an OD Vietnam jungle hat (nsn: 8415-00-935-8688? Tag hard To read).

I look forward to watching a good game on evening upcoming ninja. This matchup usually is a nail biter…and a true “Brother against Brother War” Much as I would like my beloved Dawgs to come thru, for a change, the concern of the State Choke Curse is heavy on our minds. I blame it on the legacy of Jeff Davis listening to Braxton Bragg and forcing the replacement of Joe Johnston with John Bell Hood (a decent Brigade and Division Commander but a lousy Army Commander); resulting in the destruction of the Army of Tennessee, opening the way for the fall of Atlanta, and Sherman’s Retreat to the Sea. Been downhill ever since. Dawgs have blown games, Falcons have given away games, and the Braves are still hung up on Hanoi Jane having been the Boss Lady at one point.

Good news is that I actually get to watch this one on broadcast Free TV and no matter what the final score is…I win! I hope the ninja family enjoys it as much as The Gun Bunny Crews will.

• ninja says:

The ninja family will be thinking of the Gun Bunny Crew tonite..so happy to hear you all will be able to watch the Game!

hbtd vs rtr has always been a Favorite for us to watch just as the rtr vs war chicken game.

ninja family still has Braves stuff lying around the house…and we did cheat and watch a couple of times the World Series.

And yes, the ninja family has family members that are Die-Hard Falcons Fans..😉😎

ninja family absolutely loves it when KoB talks Southern, i.e. “Bobby Lee”, “Dawgs”..😊

“…talks Southern…” Oh Honey Hush, it can get even worse. Heaven help the Ms Thang that is being courted, wooed, and charmed with his ways. Here let me whisper Sweet (Southron) Nothings in her ear! “Peach cobbler” “Mint Juleps” “Cornbread Dressing” “Chicken n Dumplin’s” “Here, drive my truck” (hang onto your underbritches) “Sweet Iced Tea” “I drew you a bubble bath” “The dishes are done and the coffee pot is set up for the morning.” 😛

Congratulations to all of the fans (including me, most of the time) of the Alabama Crimson Tide on their shellacking of the “Hold my bone and watch this screw up” Georgia Bull Dawgs. It got real fugly there at the end. Thought I was looking at some Sunday Morning Hondo inspired Gun Pr0n.

Roll Tide Roll

26. ninja says:

Gee Whiz!

What in the world has happened to our US Army and our Soldiers?

And Officers?

Seriously?

You Be The Judge:

“Army Officer Is 2nd Suspect Held in Fort Bliss Murder Case: Reports”

Official Documents for Arrest can be viewed here:

• Skippy says:

No surprise here

The two O-3’s (one deceased) were reportedly graduates of HBCU’s, likely during the Commander Zero regime.

Meeting up an ex while wid a new boo at a strip club full of drunks…What could possibly go wrong? /s/

This story kinda ties in with the comment I made on the dumb crooks thread. Either party could have just walked away. Again, we don’t know, and probably never will know, all of the details. The losers in this case are the American Taxpayer that spent the money to train these officers and gave them opportunities to advance. Methinks the Captain was attempting to avoid it all and leave. New boyfriend was showing/trying to show(?) that he was the Top Bull?

Hang both of them…on the courthouse square!

“…to encourage the others!”

• Ex-PH2 says:

What’s happened? Overgrown children being hired to work as if they are mentally and emotionally adults, when instead they are nothing but spoiled brats.

If they ever grow up, someone please let me know.

• Sapper3307 says:

All this over a BT-800 following its crude programing.

• Sapper3307 says:

My happy comments on Mil.com/turds have been deleted six (6) times.

27. Cameron says:

Meet the USS Kidd DDG-100, named for Rear Admiral Issac Kidd who was killed aboard his flagship, USS Arizona. She’s flying a Jolly Roger in reference to the famous pirate Captain William Kidd. Her original World War II counterpart in Baton Rouge, Louisiana has a painting of Captain Kidd on one of her smokestacks and also proudly flies the Jolly Roger.🏴‍☠️

28. Claw says:

134 days.

29. Milo Mindbender says:

“When the Democrats attack President Truman’s efforts to get a justice onto the bench, they are not just attacking him.”
    Isn’t Trump still president, Truman is so 1950’s, but I agree with the posistion, just co fused by the name possibly inspired by a rouge autocorrect.

30. 11B-Mailclerk says:

Oh look!

AstroTurfFa is doing its oligarch master’s bidding, attacking critics of oligarchs!

Just how frelling stupid does one have to be to not see that these “black flag” idiots are serving oligarchs by/for/of rule by oligarchs.

$wned

Gee, “Antifa is just an idea” kinda loses its banality as a theoretical concept when its practicioners knock out your teeth or send you to the ER. Larsie’s pals sure are brave; it only took a couple of hundred of them to take on a dozen Trump supporters.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

They sure have a lot of “rich friends” supporting them with money for their “idea” and to bail them out of jail.

• Combat Historian says:

Wonder if Larsie the pantyfa medic would have the scruples to provide first aid and treatment to those victims his fellow blackshirt buddies had just knocked out and brutalized. I bet not only would Lars not treat them, he would give the victims on the ground some extra vicious kicks to the groin just for good measure…

31. Hack Stone says:

Another interesting video from The History Guy.