Hunting Season Approaches

| September 24, 2020 | 10 Comments

You got an apple?

This video should entertain you nicely. If you ever find yourself in a primitive landscape (meaning outside a city) and think you’ll have to forage for food, you may want to take using an assist in spear-throwing to take down prey, as shown in this video.

These guys are having far too much fun.

It’s your first lesson in hunting cave man style with the atl-atl (spearchukker), which was used in Ice Age hunting to bring down big game like the Irish deer and the mammoth.  Try not to hurt yourself when you practice.

Category: Science and Technology

I’m just gonna leave this here…

Tell you what, between this thing and that Red Ryder Daisy BB Gun, somebody gonna get an eye put out. 😀

The Atlatl does work, I’ve used one a time or two, just for demo purposes. I would not want to depend on it or a thrown spear for food or defense.

3. 11B-Mailclerk says:

Atl-brained….

4. Graybeard says:

Don’t know that the old shoulder would let me run an atlatl nowadays.

Bow season starts soon for deer, a couple of days after squirrel season (firearm).

Went on a Land Nav exercise this afternoon, trying to find where they say a phone tower is in the woods nearby – got within 200′ but the creek was up and night was falling. Will try a different approach angle next.

Regardless, smelled a lot of hogs while I was in the creek bottom with palmetto as high as my head. Found a couple of little meadows where I suspect some deer may come through as well.

Squirrels are shaking the oaks like Elvis’ pelvis. If it stays cool in the AO I may get some squirrel next week…

5. Sapper3307 says:

I have some nice venison munching on my apple trees at night. look good in my freezer.
    just sayen.

6. Anonymous says:

And, in the opposite direction… huntin’ squirrel with tracer rounds.