Soldier shot, wounded at Fort Bliss after allegedly causing disturbance, pointing gun at Military Police

| September 15, 2020

Fort Bliss

Multiple sources are reporting an incident in which a soldier brandished a firearm at MPs last night at Fort Bliss in Texas.

Military Police shot and wounded a soldier causing a disturbance early Tuesday on post at Fort Bliss, Army officials said.

The incident took place just after midnight.

In a statement, Fort Bliss authorities said the wounded soldier, who was assigned to the 1st Armored Division, was being treated for his injuries at an El Paso hospital.

The statement said the soldier “presented an armed direct threat to law enforcement by allegedly pointing a handgun at Military Police officers and was shot.”

The confrontation with the MPs occurred when they responded to a report of a disturbance taking place, officials said.

Special agents with the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command were probing the shooting to further determine how events unfolded; agents were examining the shooting scene and said they had the wounded soldier’s handgun in their possession as evidence.

The soldier’s identity was not released by officials, who added that no one else was injured in the incident.

A late afternoon news conference at the base was set to provide additional details; KVIA.com plans to livestream the 4 p.m. briefing.

Source; KVIA

Category: Army, Army News, Breaking News, Police

1. Skippy says:

Holy SHIT I’m on Bliss as I’m typing this
    No idea this even happened
    BTW
    what a dumb ass

BHWHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

Good attempt at suicide by MP. High point in his life of accomplishments?

teh stoopid or mental issues? Never been to Bliss myself but we did dispatch troops to White Sands for Missile Test Firings. The TDY boys seemed to enjoy themselves, not sure how being stationed there would be.

Skippy or some of you Tankers, what say ye?

• timactual says:

Never been to Bliss, but I have been through El Paso a number of times on my way to New Mexico. Didn’t like it. Saw more litter in El Paso than I have seen anywhere in decades. No trees, just desert. Actually, I prefer the desert to El Paso.

• Top W Kone says:

Spent a year at Bliss training Reserves and Guard for overseas deployment. Well “stationed” at Bliss but the office and training sites were 45 minute drive into New Mexico at McGregor.

It was not a bad place, the people were very nice and the Tex-Mex food was such a danger to my body fat measurement I had to watch it closely

3. Carlton G Long says:

I served at Fort Bliss when the 3rd ACR was there 90-92. Good times all in all.

• Claw says:

I was at Bliss in 72 when the 3rd ACR moved down there from Ft Lewis and kicked our Battalion (1/3 ADA) out to McGregor Range to complete the unit train-up before going to Campbell.

4. Hondo says:

My money’s on alcohol or other “recreational chemicals” being involved.

Please, please, PLEASE don’t be an Infantryman!
    I just looked at the O(dis)ML, Chaplins’ Assistants are WAY under represented in the SIR Olympics.

6. Graybeard says:

A Beto Buddy?

I’ve only been to El Paso once, 30ish years ago. Picked up a soldier hitchhiking and took him to Ft. Bliss – was shocked at how easy it was to get on base back then – and off again!

I understand El Paso has gone downhill since then.

• David says:

30 years ago before DS/DS every post was easy to enter and exit. Bliss is an OK post, but you either learned to like the Chihuahua desert or you didn’t. Me, I lived in El Paso 15 years and enjoyed it… but I have enjoyed almost everywhere I have lived. Except maybe PRMd, them northeners are just fucking stupid. Even NH was better.

7. Anonymous says:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

8. Skippy says:

My guess is he’s watching To much TV
    CNN and MSNBC and though he could get away
    With something stupid

9. Stacy0311 says:

Great. Just great. I’m leaving Fort Hood and headed to Fort Bliss tomorrow. Looks like I can’t get away from the stupid