Weekend Open Thread

| September 25, 2020 | 139 Comments

Girls with time machine and boys with time machine. (The Donald Win)

One of the memes making its rounds is the “boys versus girls time travel” meme. The top panel is what girls would do. The bottom panel is what boys would do. In this meme, the woman finds her grandmother as a younger woman. In the bottom panel, the man goes back in time and smokes Karl Marx. Enjoy your weekend.

Category: Open thread

• Roh-Dog says:

Would smoke Marx, and get some original Coca-cola.
      Then find baby Adolph, even tho without Marx there wouldn’t be a rise of those Nat-so-nice guys.
      History hurts.

• Combat Historian says:

Don’t forget to smoke Mao. With Mao smoked, there would have been no Long March and the chicoms would have been annihilated. With unified nationalist China, perhaps no Japanese invasion of China in 1937. China would have evolved into a great representative republic, like Taiwan or ROK of today, and America its greatest ally and trading partner, and NO CHICOM FLU PANDEMIC!!

1. Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

dAMN IT! mISSED IT BY that much!
    fOURTH

2. ChipNASA says:

Ah ha, well only a couple of minutes late.
    Congrats 5th/77th FA

Your F5 key is the only thing that takes a harder beating than anything else…..ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudoLOL

I was kinda thinking about trying to get First but then I wasn’t trying hard so….(yeah yeah yeah excuses excuses excuses)

Cheers everyone and I’m still waiting for the HoI to go live and also checking in about anywhere else I may have a mention I need to check out.
    let me know.
    Chip

Hell I can’t even give this damn Crown away. I have literally been gone all day, busy as a one armed Gun Bunny, checking out the Outposts, walked in opened this thing up. Even gave a 20 count before I hit the Post. BAM, the TAH Friday Weekend Open Thread.

Secure the Guns! Roh-Dog, take the damn thing, that way it stays in the Army Family! Take me all day to play catch-up on what I’ve missed, still have to unload the Ark.

Burgers and fries from the American Owned Dairy Queen all around!

4. Commissioner Wretched says:

The King of Battle is first again! That crown, scepter and throne must never get old! In recognition of this continuing achievement, I present to you all my latest excursion into the wild world of trivia! All hail the King of Battle, King of Firsts in the WOT!

DID YOU KNOW…?
    Did an episode of “The Twilight Zone” win an Academy Award instead of an Emmy Award?
    By Commissioner Wretched

Well, how do you like those apples?

This Saturday, I get to celebrate yet another revolution of the Earth around the Sun with me still aboard.

Yes, it’s another birthday – my 62nd.

To be brutally honest with you, I had no idea I’d stick around this long.

As my younger sister would say, “If I’d have known I was going to live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.” She has a lot of good sense, that girl.

When I was a child, I never thought of myself as an old man. Now, as an old man, I remember my days as a child very fondly.

Ah, well. Life goes on … and so does trivia! So let’s go on to it, shall we?

Did you know …

… the first animated television series to air in prime time was “The Flintstones”? It premiered on ABC in 1960 and has been on the air in one form or another ever since, either syndicated reruns or new, more modern episodes. Producers William Hanna (1910-2001) and Joseph Barbera (1911-2006) pitched the show to the network for eight weeks before executives agreed to put the show on the air. (Perseverance leads to a “Yabba-Dabba-Doo” moment!)

… for a five-year period, Webster’s Dictionary had a word in it that did not exist? The word is “dord” and it appeared in the book from 1934 to 1939. It was created accidentally by the book’s chemistry editor, who sent in a slip reading, “D or d, cont/density.” The idea was to add “density” to the list of things the letter “d” could stand for. But an editor misinterpreted the slip as a word, “Dord,” and the editor assigned it a part of speech (noun) and a pronunciation, and its definition was given simply as “density.” Nobody questioned the addition of dord to the book. A review of the entries in 1939 showed no etymology, or word history, for dord, thus noting the error and removing the entry. (You might say the editor had his own moment of “density.”)

… an episode of “The Twilight Zone” won an Oscar? Well, I have to fudge here a little, because television programs win Emmy awards, not Oscars – the award given for motion pictures. “Twilight Zone” creator Rod Serling (1924-1975) was facing a serious budget problem during the show’s fifth season, in 1964, and spent $10,000 to buy the rights to air “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge,” a French short film based on a story by Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914). The original silent film was given a narration and sound track, and became a popular episode – and in 1963, the original film had won an Academy Award as Best Short Subject. (Submitted for your approval…)

… a prestigious school will teach you how to be a pirate? It is possible to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and learn to be a pirate, with classes given in archery, fencing, pistols, and sailing. It’s actually a certificate given as an incentive for undergraduate students to complete their required courses in Physical Fitness and Wellness. (Arr, Matey! And they’ll teach ye to talk like a pirate, too!)

… a bandleader held New Year’s Eve shows for almost fifty years? Guy Lombardo (1902-1977) began his tradition of holding special shows on New Year’s Eve in 1929. He later brought the show featuring his Royal Canadiens band to radio, and then to television, holding forth for a total of 48 New Year’s celebrations. When Lombardo died on November 5, 1977, he was well into planning that year’s program, which his brother Victor (1911-1994) hosted in his memory. To many viewers, though, it just wasn’t the same without Guy, and that broadcast was the last. Lombardo’s show never changed; if you watched it in 1950 or in 1975, it was basically the same thing – elegantly dressed people dining and dancing, and the Royal Canadiens playing classic waltzes until 11:59, when Guy led the countdown to the new year, complete with cheesy superimposed fireworks. (I miss ol’ Guy’s New Year’s Eve shows. The Dick Clark-Ryan Secrest stuff just doesn’t cut it with me.)

… you may suffer from brontophobia? I do. It’s an irrational fear of thunderstorms. (You thought I was going to say it’s a fear of dinosaurs, didn’t you?)

… some species of birds have the male sit on the egg most of the time? For example, penguin males sit on the eggs while their mates go off to find food, and emus – well, that’s another story entirely. The large flightless birds of Australia have a unique way of raising a family. The female emu lays her eggs, then abandons the nest entirely. The male has to incubate the eggs, hatch the chicks, and raise them.

… a popular summertime treat was invented by accident? In 1905, 11-year-old Frank Epperson (1894-1983) of Oakland, California, mixed a soft drink powder with some water, left the stirring stick in it, and accidentally left it on his front porch overnight. The temperature dropped below freezing, and the next morning Epperson discovered the drink had frozen to the stick. Epperson shrewdly kept the entire thing a secret until he was old enough to secure a patent, and began selling what he called the Eppsicle. Later, his children began to refer to it as a Popsicle, and the name took hold. (I’ve enjoyed many Popsicles in my life. Thanks, Frank!)

… cooking dinner for your date should wait? Specialists in dating say that you should put off cooking someone dinner in your home until at least the third date. (Anything beyond a first date is not going to happen if I cook.)

Now … you know!

5. Hack Stone says:

Hack Stone is late to the game because things are quite hectic at the proud but humble woman owned business that sells software to the Federal Government, what with the new Fiscal Year just around the corner. The Vice President thinks we could make our sales quota for the year if we implement a sales strategy similar to how the Hare Krishne’s would sell their books at the Los Angelas Airport. So if you get accosted by someone trying to sell you some expired Red Hat software as you try to enter the Metro at Judiciary Square, you can thank Paul.

6. Sapper3307 says:

Foliage season has kicked of in Vermont and N.H enjoy it if you can. WINTER is COMEING!

• Roh-Dog says:

The maples are turning here in CT.
      The out-of-towners are clogging the streets and making a mess out of my berg.
      Thank the heavens fall is but a few weeks out of the year!

• NHSparky says:

Swamp Ash trees started almost a month ago. And in a month, we’ll be we’ll past peak.

And no busloads of bluehairs or foreign leaf peepers this year. That’ll screw the folks dependent on tourism in the North Country.

7. Graybeard says:

Late to the party.
    Out running chores.

All is well in the Graybeard Compound AO.
    Squirrel season opens in 6 days, archery season for whitetails in 8.

Y’all have a great weekend.

8. Devtun says:

This is cool. Watch how well Elton John’s Tiny Dancer playing in the background syncs up w/ Donald Trump’s reaction to being notified of RBG’s death. The mood is like from a movie.

9. The Dead Man says:

Looks like our resident ‘Mostly Peaceful Rioters’ have upped their tactics, cutting people off in trucks and mobbing them after if they try to flee the horde. Video looked like it was from that Dawn of the Dead remake.

Over and under before a larger group finds out “Don’t stand out in the road, that’s where the cars is.” or they get lit the hell up with strategies like that?

I left out Crusader Rabbit, Mickey Mouse Club, Zorro and Sea Hunt, McHale’s Navy, and Hennessey (Jackie Cooper).

11. A Proud Infidel®™️ says:

AWWWW SHIT, forgot it was Friday, eleventyeth and Honorary First once again.

((((OVER)))

12. ninja says:

Well, Folks, the ninja family is standing about 25 Meters from where our Great President Donald J. Trump will be giving his Rally tonite!

We are wearing our Betsy Ross Flag T-Shirts, our Trump 2020 and 45 hats.

And No Masks…!!!!

😉😎

And if anyone thought the ninja family are Racists because we are Army Brats Turned Southeners (born at Fort Devins and Fort Monmouth), we are here with our Battle Buddies whose skin color is darker than ours!

SURPRISE!

(One Battle Buddy is an Air Force Academy Graduate).

Only a few more hours. We have been practicing dancing to the “YMCA” song for the ending.

Ole KKK Doofus Ralphie Boy has tried EVERYTHING to stop this Rally tonite. His Health Police Nazis put out that only 250 could attend and that if more showed up, it will be a Misdeamer.

5,000 of of Miscrats are expected!

And last, Ole Ralphie Boy put out today he has COVID 19.

Sure he does. Doofus wears a Mask and he has Covid?

That Doofus LIED about being a Gulf War Vet. Do you think us Battle Buddies who were Boots On the Ground for OEF and OIF are gonna believe him?

KoB, we will do a REBEL Yell and scream ROLL TIME ROLL and HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!

And just for AW1Ed, because we Love him, we will do an Extra GO ARMY BEAT NAVY.

Our Air Force Battle Buddy will do a yell for Mason.

You All Have a Great Evening!

We Know We Will!

MAGA! (That is for Commissar, Because We Know You Love Us).

Night Y’All!

gabn/hbtd/rtr

TRUMP 2020

😉😎

13. NHSparky says:

Winding down work project that kept me at Casa de Sparky for a little while at least. Soon to be heading out to the Western Annex, and another project that’ll have me driving 500+ miles each week between them, plus local commutes.

Yay, suitcase life.

14. AW1Ed says:

Reposted at QMC’s request.

Anyone else see this yet? Biden telling Air Force members to “clap you stupid bastards”?

WTF

15. ninja says:

Speaking of Virginia GUV Ole KKK Doofus Ralphie Boy (Phony Gulf War Veteran) Who Just Happened To Come Down With COVID 19 the Day Before The Trump Rally in Newport News, VA Airport…

Don’t care what anyone thinks.

This is HILARIOUS…

“More Evidence That Coronavirus Disproportionately Affects Black People:

The Associated Press September 25 2020

“Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and his wife have both tested positive for the coronoavirus. The governor’s office said in a statement that he’s showing no symptoms while those of Pam Northam are mild.”

Ralphie Boy should had washed his White Hood instead of wearing a Black Face Mask to his Daily briefings.

*Last Night’s Rally WAS AWESOME!!!*

Here’s hoping that the Ghost of Patrick Henry haunts KKKRalphie into an early Obit Column.

ninja, do I need to be more concerned about the health of my black cat (Thomas) v the white dog (Trixie)? What about little Chapman, the rescued parti-poodle/ He’s black AND white? Will Kay Kitty and Smokey be alright because they are Russian Blues? I don’t have Green Cards for them and does the Confederate Gray Color make them RAAAAYYYYCCIIIIS? Need I concern myself with the health of my Black Car, Sassy ION? The Ark should be OK, she’s white. No concerns about Big Red 150 cause he’s…well…Red. Oh, wait…Aren’t Native Americans more subject also? Is it RAAAAYYYYCCIIIISSSS to refer to NA as Red?

Glad you had a large time to the Rally. Think I spotted the ninja crew in the crowd with the Betsy Ross Flag T-Shirts! gabn/rtr/hbtd

• ninja says:

😂🤣😅😆😉😎!!!!!

Our Air Force Academy Battle Buddy Family is currently in DC for the Prayer March.

Sadly, the ninja family could not make that trip with them.

Pray For Our Nation

II Chronicles 7:14

“If My People, who are called by My name, will humble Themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from Their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and I will forgive Their sin and will heal Their land.”

Who says there is no God? Now let’s get Northam on a ventilator stat, but without that “dangerous,” not demonrat aproved HCQ.

Congrats on your attendance at the rally. I watched it on Conservative Treehouse.

16. MarineDad61 says:

Oh boy.
    Remember Martin LeBlanc
    (Martin Blank on FakeBook)
    of “Ghost Warrior” book fame,
    with the girlfriend book tour,
    and the encounter (on video) with real Green Berets?

Well,
    Martin Blank is STILL on FakeBook….
    and his last post is self incriminating.
    [To my fellow veterans let us remember
    all of those who did no come back]
    ….along with a meme graphic of “What is a Veteran?”
    He got 4 “Love” clicks for that.

Good news, there is NO Green Beret drivel on his page.
    However, his old meme post showing a kneeling combat soldier with
    “Remember my family, Remember my unit”,
    with his typed post of
    [Got your 6…..SFC M Blank]
    remains as an old reminder of his history of phony phuckery.

17. Claw says:

Heads Up OldManchu:

Dennis Nickell just announced an hour ago “Will be releasing new video with DD214/Original Photos in Country etc. within the next 2 weeks.”

Context: This is the turd that said we had Apache Helicopters and Abrams Tanks in Vietnam.

• Combat Historian says:

Yeah, the NVA launched the Easter Offensive in 1972 using T-80s and BMP-2s, and the ARVN had to defend Quang Tri and An Loc with M1A1s and Bradleys. Then the U.S. had to intervene with Operation LINEBACKER I, flying F/A-18s off USS RONALD REAGAN and USS GEORGE H. W. BUSH from Yankee Station to bomb Haiphong, and 7th AF flew F-22s and F-35s from Udorn and Koran to interdict NVA supply lines in Laos…

18. ninja says:

OMG…!!!

😂🤣😅😆😉😎

“Jeopardy’ Contestants Draw a Blank On Auburn Football”

“Jeopardy” contestants still need to brush up on their football, at least in the SEC.”

“The quiz show referenced the Iron Bowl during the opening round of the Sept. 24., 2020 edition, but perhaps the greatest rivalry in all of college football hasn’t gone as mainstream as we thought.”

“In the category “’A’ is for Autumn,” here is the $400 clue:

“Each fall Alabama & this SEC football archrival meet in ‘The Iron Bowl.’”

“One contestant, Sameer, answered Arkansas.”

“Sara and champion Robert declined to chime in, so we heard the dreaded triple-beep indicating no one responding correctly in time.”

“The correct response, obviously, is “What is Auburn?”

(One has to be a SEC Fan to understand…)

rtr/hbtd/gabn

😉😎

• Claw says:

Ninja, is that (War Eagles or Tigers) still a ongoing fight to the death point of contention for Auburn fans down in that part of the territory?

When I was at Benning and living over the river in Phenix City in 74, it seems like everybody was up in arms about which one to call them./s

• ninja says:

Hi, Claw!

Auburn Fans always yell “WAR EAGLE!!” even though they are the Auburn Tigers.

That is why Alabama Fans call them “War Chickens”.

Alabama’s Mascot is an Elephant, but the Battle Cry is ROLL TIDE ROLL..

I do know this. BLM and ANTIFA would never last during SEC time in the South.

Never mess with Southerners during College Football Season.

Never. Unless you want to pull cleats outta one’s behind…

😉😎

P.S. Thanks for giving OldManchu the heads up about Ole Dennis.

Still can’t believe Ole Lowball Jimmy still has followers…😉😎

• ninja says:

And yes, Claw, every year, BIG SEC Game in that AO is either ROLL TIDE ROLL or WAR EAGLE…The Alabama/Auburn Game.

Believe it or not, no matter where I have lived or stationed, on the day of the Alabama/Auburn game, Alabama Fans will run into one another, wearing Alabama Jerseys.

It is as if we are one big happy family scattered throughout the US, only to come together on that big day.

The Alabama/Auburn Game is equivalant to the Army/Navy game.

rtr= Roll Tide Roll

hbtd= How Bout Them Dawgs (GA Bulldogs)

gabn= Go Army Beat Navy

Thank You For Asking!

😉😎

Keep ’em schooled ninja, it’s what you do and you do it so well.

We may want to point out, too, that another name for the War Chicken is Cow College, that coming from the animal husbandry/animal chancre mechanics school they have there. It was also referred to as Alabama Polytechnic at one point in time, IIRC.

Reminder…Auburn had to switch from artificial turf on their home field to real grass so their cheerleaders would have a place to graze between plays. They have also been known to root out turnips and corn thru a hog wire fence. It’s all in the snout.

gabn/rtr/hbtd

19. Green Thumb says:

The False Commander “Phony” Phil Monkress (CEO of All-Points Logistics) works balls in the hall as he continues to avoid calls seeking clarification of his Native American, Navy SEAL and Law Enforcement claims.

On another not, the Washington Football Team needs to pull its collective head out of its ass.

• thebesig says:

I file my own taxes, so I’d love to see the Trump tax returns that the New York Times claims they have, along with supporting documentation. In the meantime, “According to the New York Times” has as much credibility as “The Babylon Bee reports…”.

Leftist propaganda rags like the New York Time have gone full retard with their anti Trump propaganda. In the 38 years I’ve been a news junkie, the amount of research I’ve had to do to verify the legitimacy of leftist reporting has shot up… Exponentially in the recent years.

A lawyer for the Trump Organization, Alan Garten, also denied to the New York Times that the president paid such a small amount of taxes — saying in a statement obtained by Fox News that Trump “has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015.”

“The New York Times’ story is riddled with gross inaccuracies. Over the past decade the President has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government,” Garten said. “While we tried to explain this to the Times, they refused to listen and rejected our repeated request that they show us any of the documentation they purport to be relying on to substantiate their claims.”

He added: “Obviously this is just part of the Times’ ongoing smear campaign in the run up to the election.”

The New York Times did not release the copies of Trump’s tax filings they had received, saying they were protecting sources.

Let us not forget that when the smarmy Harry Reid said in the 2012 election that Romney didn’t pay taxes he owed, he was later proven wrong. And when confronted the statement was false, his response was, “well, it worked, didn’t it.”

Also, let’s remember that the cuttlefish and LC were rabid believers in all the D-rat pushed lies and frauds like Russia, Russia, and Ukraine, Ukraine, etc.

“Protected sources” my ass. Dan Blather tried that shit with his Bush avoided service crap show. Then when CBS finally released the documents, they were blatant forgeries typed in Microsoft Word on a computer. Maybe Trump’s tax returns they claim they have are more “fake but accurate” documents from our beloved Progda.

• LC says:

We’ll just have to agree to disagree about the NYT’s credibility. What’s really interesting in the quote you provide is that the lawyer is being very lawyer-esque – yes, Trump has certainly paid more in federal taxes than $750. He’s paid property taxes, payroll taxes, etc, which surely do add up to millions. But he didn’t say the President paid more in income taxes.

Why the distinction? Well, it seems one of three things (or some combination) is true:

2) POTUS had very little income, which is backed up by the information on his failing golf courses and other businesses (of course, unless that’s wrong too – see #1 above). If that’s the case, instead of being the ‘brilliant businessman’ he tries to portray himself as, he’s a rather lousy one. It’s like those ‘influencers’ on Instagram who rent a room that looks like a plane interior so they can pretend they’re flying on private jets – an illusion conjured up to fool the masses.

3) Or he’s actually a good businessman, and is either lying to the IRS, or using funny accounting to bring his tax bill to near-zero. Which makes him -and yes, others who do this, including liberal billionaires- an asshole, or a liar.

Now, I don’t know for sure, but he could show his taxes for 2017, say, and clear it all up. Make the NYT look like fools. I would genuinely welcome that. Until then, I give them a lot more credibility than Trump.

• thebesig says:

LC: We’ll just have to agree to disagree about the NYT’s credibility.

That does not change the reality that the New York Times is engaging in propaganda, in deceptive reporting. This isn’t just based on my observation, and verification on some of their articles, but on books written by those who have done even more extensive research showing a disconnect between what actually happened and what the NYT claims happened.

LC: But he didn’t say the President paid more in income taxes.

He did not say how much President Trump donated either. I guess we are to assume, based on your statement, that a lack of such statement means that President Trump “did not” donate the amount Trump supporters are saying he donated.

Second, even if the president ended up “owing zero dollars” for income tax, that is not saying that “he did not pay income tax”. Why? He would have to pay estimated taxes, or taxes deducted from paycheck to go towards income tax, throughout the year. Then, after doing his taxes, and the appropriate deductions reduced his tax liability, then what he actually owes becomes available. If what he actually owes is much less, or even zero, then what he paid throughout the year is paid back to him as the government matches his payment to what he actually owes.

The reality is that he paid this income tax throughout the year. And, even if he had zero income tax liability, he is in an income bracket, with the necessary business operations, that allows him to reduce his income tax liability.

It is like how I, as a homeowner, am able to lower my tax liability more than what I could as a renter with all other things equal. I was able to reduce my tax liability while married then what I can now as a widower. People have no leg to stand on complaining about the president being able to lower his tax liability when these individuals take advantage of similar mechanisms on their own tax forms (on a larger scale) to reduce their own tax liability.

LC: 1) NYT got punked and have fake records, and are completely in the wrong. So let POTUS sue, and let’s see what discovery brings.

Either they got punked and received fake records, or they made things up a la Dan Rather. Either way, he could sue them… After the audit of his returns are over and he is “free to publicly show his tax returns”.

LC: 2) POTUS had very little income, which is backed up by the information on his failing golf courses and other businesses (of course, unless that’s wrong too — see #1 above).

You are trying to mix two business realities here. If a business is failing, then it is generally bringing in less income than the costs it is incurring to stay in business. This means that the president is going to get little, to nothing, from these businesses.

This has nothing to do with money he is earning from elsewhere. This is not going to be reflected by the New York Times reporting. In fact, you can’t even make your assumption above, as a “reasonable conclusion”, based on the New York Times report.

LC: If that’s the case, instead of being the ‘brilliant businessman’ he tries to portray himself as, he’s a rather lousy one.

That’s colossally false. Business owners are going to accumulate more debt than those who don’t have businesses. The larger the business operation, the larger the debts are generally going to be. Additionally, being a successful businessman is not without risks, nor is it without losses.

It is an investment. Like most investments, a person could win big, or lose big, or anything in between. A successful businessman is going to be able to survive that and keep “in the fight” by coming out with more assets than liabilities.

LC: It’s like those ‘influencers’ on Instagram who rent a room that looks like a plane interior so they can pretend they’re flying on private jets — an illusion conjured up to fool the masses. [INDUCTIVE FALLACY: STRAWMEN]

This analogy, that you are using, shows a disconnect with reality. President Trump, as a successful businessman, is not an illusion but a fact established by his work history. Nobody is going to stay in business if their ventures, and attempts, results in more losses than gains. However, if their efforts result in more gain and loss, they will stay in.

For your “illusion” theory to apply, President Trump would just simply accumulate debt and continue to pay out more than what he brings in. It would be too costly for him to continue the charade. There is a lot more headaches, and efforts, involved with being a businessman at his level than what we have to deal with at our level.

The only illusion that I’m seeing is what you are trying to argue.

LC: The other fun thing about this will be if he told the banks one thing about his business ventures, and the IRS another, which has already happened with some of his properties.

Actually, the vast majority of businesses do this and it is within the bounds of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, or GAAP. The main focus of the IRS is to determine what your true earnings are and then, from there, how much you owe them. This is based on past data. This is a completely different mission from the banks… Who want to find out if your venture is going to prove financially beneficial to them. The later is based on projected (in the future) trends.

These are two completely different missions.

So yes, you’re going to tell the bank one thing… What the bank needs to hear to make a decision based on a projection into the future… And you’re going to tell the IRS another thing… Information that they need to determine based on what had already occurred for tax liability purposes.

LC: 3) Or he’s actually a good businessman, and is either lying to the IRS, or using funny accounting to bring his tax bill to near-zero.

No, not lying to the IRS and not “using funny accounting”. It doesn’t matter if they’re Republican, Democrat, successful business owners are going to leverage what the law says they can deduct.

I’ll give you an example, if a company purchases equipment needed for manufacturing processes, they could “amortize” the cost of this equipment across multiple years. Then, they can use an amortized amount, for a specific year, to help reduce their overall tax liability. Business losses can also be counted against tax liability.

These are but examples of the business version of “deductions” that everybody else could utilize to reduce their tax liability. Additionally, many regular people, who are not “rich”, regular people, can leverage itemized deductions to reduce their tax liabilities compared to what they would be able to reduce by using the standard deduction.

LC: Which makes him -and yes, others who do this, including liberal billionaires- an asshole, or a liar.

Guess what? Not only are the “rich” trying to reduce their tax liability, so is everybody else. Many tax fillers try to find ways, allowed by tax law, to reduce their liabilities… Or they have a tax preparer help them do this, to see if you can get a bigger tax refund. By your own definition, most everybody that do their taxes, or have a preparer do their taxes, conservative or liberal, would also have the label that you give the rich for reducing their tax liabilities.

20. LC says:

And in other crazy news, Brad Parscale is now in a hospital following a suicide threat:

I hope his friends and family can get him the help he needs. I’m not a fan of Parscale, but suicide -and even just the realistic threat of it- is a thousand times worse.

21. Skippy says:

For the last 3 years all this idiot could say is
    Stay Tuned…
    what a moron
    It going to hurt come November
    Thanks to a do nothing DOJ

22. Claw says:

OK, just got an MFR in this morning’s distribution that says TAH members have an extra 275K that needs to be spent before COB tomorrow. (End of FY20)

Submit your “Want List” now and we’ll see what can be done to plus up your section/platoon. Remember, expendable/durable items only, no property book items that will create an excess and a bunch of friggin lateral transfers later./s

• KoB says:

Yuenglings

Jameson

Casual Payment to FIRST Sergeant’s Fund for Single Moms.

That should take care of it.

• Claw says:

One example of a good use of extra year end monies would be:

In what I felt was the most significant accomplishment of my career as a Mech Infantry S-4 Supply Daddy was the local purchase (there on Ft. Carson for 1/12 Inf) of enough of those two handled fence post drivers so that every track/rifle squad (whether it was a M113 or a Mortar/Hammerhead/Recovery track) in the Battalion had one to set up a static defense/NDP with. Sure cut down on the number of broken sledge hammer handles that we had to replace. Total cost was about $3,800.00/s