Hundreds obstruct federal immigration agents in Oregon

| August 13, 2020

Bend, Oregon was the site of a 12 hour standoff yesterday between ICE agents, who had arrested two illegal aliens with violent criminal histories, and protesters from all over central Oregon. The protesters located the buses being used by the ICE agents to transports the illegals, preventing them from leaving. Some people parked cars in the way of the vehicles, preventing them from leaving. One of those is a Bend City councilor. The mayor of bend tweeted that she’d received information that both men arrested had active arrest warrants.

ICE called local Bend Police to assist with the unruly crowd. Some officers nearby at training were the first responders and were wearing scary SWAT uniforms. They were quickly replaced with regular uniformed officers. The police chief in Bend made sure to tell the crowd of federal law violators that the local police are there “to protect the life and safety of our community, and are not there assisting the role of ICE.”

Even the county district attorney got in on the “protest” action, spending about two hours there, obstructing federal officers in the performance of their duties.

The ACLU have of course filed an emergency petition in federal court to prevent the violent criminal illegal aliens from being moved.

At about 2300 hours Border Patrol agents in riot gear worked through the crowd to get the staff and detainees off the bus to safety. The crowd started to disperse soon after.

Source; Oregon Public Broadcasting

Category: None

1. Slow Joe says:

Virtue signalling.
    That’s all those protesters are doing.

“…illegal aliens…violent criminal history..” ’nuff said! Been following this one since it FIRST broke into the news feed yesterday. I think that all of these people that want to harbor, or release from jail, violent or any other lawbreakers, should be allowed to give them sanctuary in THEIR homes.

Anyone else think it odd that some of the same people that are “standing up against Federal Authority” are the same ones trying to tear down statues put up as Memorials to people that stood up against Federal Authority?

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

And when their lawless world bites them on the ass?

“Help! Police!”

• Ex-PH2 says:

And the pohlease people will not go to those particular ‘hoods.

What started this? Just the “illegal immigrants” thing without the violent histories being included. I agree: let these braindead dogooders have them as guests and see how long they last.

Are these the times that try men’s souls? I’m sure there’s more to come, and my application for a mail-in ballot is still sitting on my kitchen table. Hmmmm….

• KoB says:

Nah they won’t. And just like a firearm, you never know when you may really need a puleaze ossifer. After all, somebody got to do the paperwork required for the coroner to pick up the bodies.

Of the 11 absentee ballots I’ve received here at Firebase Magnolia, only ONE (1) has my name as it appears on my voter registration card. I’m almost tempted to send them all in and see what happens. Two of them have my dogs name. He is still getting mail tho he has been gone since ’06. Does that mean his will have to be a demonrat ballot?

Did your dead pooch vote 0bama/Biden in the 08 election?

• KoB says:

Lawd I hope not rgr769. All this excess requests for ballots didn’t start til Abrams came along for the ’18 guvenator’s race. It’s gotten real bad in the last 3 months. Scary part is some of these request for ballot are addressed to Resident. Voting local in person does require an ID at the poll. 2 counties over there are usually more absentee ballots cast than there are residents of the county. Been like that for decades, ever since the carpetbaggers and scalawags stole the pine forests from the local dirtfarmers and pushed a rail line thru to haul out the virgin long leaf pines and the tar for naval stores. Odd how the new county that was created by all of this was named for the Carpetbagger. The town/county seat was named for his Noo Yawk money man that financed the nefarious actions. But I digress.

My only fear of dying is that I may vote for a demonrat slate in the FIRST election held after my Memorial Service.

• Ex-PH2 says:

I KNEW I should have registered my cat Mikey to vote before he passed from old cat age.

His choices were always “what’s in it for me?” – that sort of thing.

3. Sapper3307 says:

Bring in the scoops!

• Ex-PH2 says:

Interesting fact: Soylent Green was set in the year 2021. Mad Max (first movie) was sent in 1983, inspired by the oil crisis of 1973, the Arab oil embargo.

Strange times we are living in right now. Very strange.

4. Green Thumb says:

Cut them loose under one condition: they must stay in Bend.

Have the people of Bend support them.

5. Combat Historian says:

For better or worse, federal law enforcement operations like this in blue shithole cities and states should and will need to be handled like military search and snatch ops in hostile territory like in Iraq and Afghanistan, complete with OPLAN branching options and COAs for timely helo reinforcement and extraction, with an RFF standing by, and definitely NOT counting on local police for help…

• Green Thumb says:

Been through Bend a few times. Good fishing on the outskirts of the valley.

Rich town. Somewhat contrived and fake, particularly the downtown area. Banana Republic in Oregon fishing county?

Doubt many of the folks blocking the buses really have to work hard. Clowns getting high and needing some entertainment. I mean, who the fuck shows up at early o’dark 30 for a bus block sit in? Reminds me of that Crocodile Dundee movie with Mick and Ratt and saving the girl.

Stoners and drunks catching a buzz just off work.

Odd how that works.

Known a lot of illegals that were good dudes. No issue with their citizenship requests.

But they were not violent offenders.

• Combat Historian says:

Only time I ever been to Oregon was when we drove through rural eastern Oregon on our way from Idaho to Reno NV. Passed through a town named Burns and the Malheur wildlife refuge before entering Nevada. Nothing out there except for scrub brush and cattle ranches. I read recently that the rural folks of eastern Oregon are hankering to break away from Oregon and join the state of Greater Idaho. Given the sheer lunacy occurring, can’t say I blame them…

6. STSC(SW/SS) says:

Throw a federal obstruction of justice charge at them and they can sit in the same cell with the violent criminals.

• NHSparky says:

Something tells me after the first few get a 5-10 year federal PMITA prison sentence, it might slow the rest of the crowd down a tad.

Pour encourager les autres, or something like that.

• HMCS(FMF) ret says:

Finding out that Biff and Tad have been passed around the cellblock a few times may be a good deterrent…

7. Fyrfighter says:

Please explain to me why they don’t just go to live ammo, and deal with those obstructing federal officers???

And even though I know the answer, can someone elucidate on why these assholes only show up to protest the police doing their jobs involving violent felons????

8. Toxic Deplorable Racist SAH B Woodman says:

Hmmmmm…….refresh my memory….or not.
    Seems to me that if a person has a Federal prison rap, he/she/it is no longer eligible to vote.
    Arrest, try, convict, and sentence a few of these PantyFag Libtard #BurnLootMurder DildoCrats. Then let’s see how they react next time they go to the voting polls.

• 11B-Mailclerk says:

The organizers are trying to provoke a violent “overreaction” thus “proving” oppression by “fascists”, thus further formenting “revolution” by the “People’s” “Quotation” “Mark” “Democratic” “Liberation” “Front”.

9. OldManchu says:

Is that LARS on the back left rown, 3rd from the end?

Should have just beeped the horn a few times and driven off.
    Lay in road…die in the road.

11. 11B-Mailclerk says:

Toss a bar of soap in their midst. Watch them energetically scatter.

12. USMC Steve says:

Until these little illegal gatherings are violently crushed, with as many of them prosecuted as possible, this nonsense will go on. It is not a difficult concept. They see no consequences, no pain, and they continue the bad behavior. Like a spoiled hateful brat of a child. It keeps acting like an ass until given a well deserved beatdown.

13. Ret_25X says:

You know, these morons demand that violent felons be feted as angels and heroes…as if the lives of the worst are more important than the lives of contributors.

I live in one of the “oh so woke” communities in NOVA. It is what I call a polished turd…nice on the outside, shit under the shinola. They think that the low crime rate here is a result of their “stunning” and “brave” pro-criminal wokeness.

Indicators show that their crime free suburban oasis is about to become Capitol Heights on crack.